Gurol Aqua Resort Hotel & Apartments

great relaxing friendly holiday

Reviewed Mon 24th of March 2014

"as usual another great relaxing holiday at the Gurol Hotel have worked very hard refurbishing the hotel the rooms are modern very clean with televisions in now I know they are building an aqua park on it now for the 2014 season which will be great the work is underway now so good luck hasan /taner to your new adventure see you soon."

• Travel date: Sat 22nd of March 2014

Gone down hill

Reviewed Tue 26th of June 2012

"The 2 bedroomed apartments are now looking shabby, they have been the same for at least 10yrs, grease and dirt on walls arround the 2 hotplates. I bought cleaning stuff and tried to scub them clean but it did not come off. The beds were damp, when I talked to Hassan, who now runs the Hotel and apartments, he said maybe the cleaner put wet sheets on the beds, they stayed damp the whole 10days. The cleaner did come in every day and even washed up some pots we had left, but the bathroom never seemed to be any cleaner, I cleaned it myself. She would put things away and every time we needed things we had to go on a hunt, medication, handbag, mobile phone, contact lenses etc. She would put them in draws in different rooms. I ask Hassan to tell her not to but he just laughed. The accomadation is OK and location is great but Hassan is constantly hanging arround if he sees guest talking to each other, he will lay down on sunbeds next to you if you have a conversation to another guest. Every one I spoke to said the same thing, he was hassling them to spend money at his pool bar and restaurant and it ended up in an argument, not the sort of thing you want when chilling by the pool. I know he upset a lot of his guests, I saw one elderly lady nearly hit him by the pool, then she was upset for the rest of her stay. I was in Churchills bar, part of the hotel, talking to another guest and Hassan was walking down the street, he came over and said, "Are you talking about me" and walked in between me and the guest into the bar, I followed him in and had words, he said he was joking. On one occasion Hassan asked me why I did not stay arround the pool and spend money at his bar and Churchills, I told him it was because HE was always hanging round. He also looses interest in you if you have not been spending money with him, he would not ring and check transfers for me and when we left he was nowhere to be seen. On a good note, Tanner, Hassans brother, now runs Churchills bar, goes out of his way to make sure things are good for you. So take time to visit Churchills Bar, also a new bar has opened up oposite Roses super market further up the road from Churchills, Summer Jam, its brill and the owners are great. "

• Travel date: Tue 26th of June 2012

great holiday

Reviewed Tue 31st of May 2011

"been staying at gurol on and off for 15 years we get treated like family the rooms are always clean staff friendly and hasan and family cannot do enough for you.he is always on hand to sort any problems and his brother tanner is dead funny.i .I never seen the pool dirty and they sell nice meals,considering they have a big bar attached to hotel you dont hear a sound when you go to bed.iwould recommend this hotel just give it a try and make up your own mind dont believe everything you read.Infact we are booking for june and coming back with friends in september.Oh and the rooms are cleaned regular and the sheets and towels are changed this is a friendly family run hotel"

• Travel date: Tue 31st of May 2011

Excellent

Reviewed Mon 7th of December 2009

" We loved everything about the Hotel Gurol.

We stayed in a one bedroom apartment, which had all the facilities that we needed including a large bathroom with shower, kitchenette, 2 large sofas in the dining area which converted to beds and 2 balconies with lovely views of the surrounding area.

The pool is a great size and there are plenty of sunbeds and umbrellas. The pool bar is a very friendly place and there were snacks available all day, very reasonably priced and cooked to order.

The Hotel is family run, Taner runs the Hotel and apartments and Hasan runs the Churchhill Bar. They make you feel very welcome and are always around with a friendly smile and a chat.

The position of the Hotel is superb, right in the heart of Hisaronu, making access to all the restaurants and shops really easy. You can find out all about the Hotel Gurol at http://www.hisaronuhotels.net where you can also view pictures of the Hotel.

There are so many restaurants to choose from in the village and they are all very good. I loved eating the Turkish dishes, but you can eat English, Indian, Chinese and many other dishes - there is plenty of choice.

We loved Effes Bar, the Gap Bar and of course the Gurol's own Churchhill Bar where the cocktails were very reasonable and morish.

I highly recommend a boat trip, and you must have a mud bath, that is such a great day out, such a laugh. There are lots of trips you can go on and they are really easy to book.

The beach at Olu Deniz is just breathtaking and is in easy reach, just jump on a Dolmuz anywhere in the village (you never have to wait) and you're at the beach in a few minutes.

We will deffinitely be going back to Hisaronu next year and will be staying at the Hotel Gurol again. Can't wait! Roll on next year."

• Travel date: Mon 7th of December 2009

Hotels near Gurol Aqua Resort Hotel & Apartments

Top traveller tips for Gurol Aqua Resort Hotel & Apartments

• chapter2 by chapter2

"Loved everything about Hisaronu, the views of the mountains are beautiful. "

• chapter2 by chapter2

"Don't miss a boat trip, wonderful day out at sea. "

• shirley scouser by shirley scouser

"gurol is central to restaurnts market and plenty of nightlife "

Gurol Aqua Resort Hotel & Apartments is also called