Beach

would definitely go back

Reviewed 28th October 2014

"Thiswas my first time in Turkey and I loved being at the Sami beach hotel. The setting on the beach is wonderful, staff all very friendly and the food had something for everyone including some food bought out for a snack or early children's dinner at about 5.30, We had initially booked to stay in the annex across the road but once there decided to change to the main hotel which is much better. This was arranged for us by the manager and our luggage moved over for us. I did witness some British people getting way too drunk and being obnoxious yo the staff, some people don't know their limitations. A few complained about the food which I found to be lovely especially for a 3 star hotel, you get what you pay for and this holiday was extremely reasonably priced, very clean and staff were all great. Would definitely go back in fact some people we spoke to had booked for next year before leaving for their holiday this year!"

• Travel date: 23rd October 2014

Early April break

Reviewed 25th April 2012

"Resort taking shape as early season and it does help the holidaymaker to see the work involved.Loose bar street though, the resort would be so much nicer without. Or update it all to nicer standard for all. There is something for everyone here though and I thought the hotel was lovely. Food adequate, staff all lovely, especially pepsi and his crew!! Will return to explore islands from here and more of turkey "

• Travel date: 25th April 2012

first holiday to gumbet

Reviewed 1st August 2011

"me and my partner visited gumbet for the first time,we stayed at sami beach hotel ,the hotel was freindly and inviting,,the room was dated but was cleaned every day with fresh towels, all the staff where freindly and polite and would do anything they could to make your stay there enjoyable. everything from shops, bars and restarants where on the door step. we had a great time and will definatly be back next year."

• Travel date: 26th July 2011

Sami beach disaster

Reviewed 21st July 2010

"Just got back from Gumbet stying in Sami beach for 2 weeks. Turkey was fantastic the people are amazing and it is such a beautiful country. Less can be said about Sami beach, the staff were very rude and unhelpful at times esp the reception staff and the manager. There was numerous problems with our rooms including air conidtioning not working, two out of three plug points not working and broken lights. We complained numerous times and each time were told to come back for the following day needless to say nothing was ever done about it!!! Was staying half board and the food was good however often ate out due to the rudeness of staff making you feel uncomfortable. Gumbet is amazing but AVOID sami beach."

• Travel date: 12th July 2010

Fantastic!!!

Reviewed 5th October 2009

"I've just returned from a holiday staying in Sami Beach (for the 11th time!) We go as a varying size family, and have NEVER been dissapointed. Where to start? Well, the staff are the best I've ever encountered- especially Kadir(aka Sexy Pepsi)who looks after us all around the pool, and is also on duty at breakfast, lunch, dinner AND evenings- don't know where he gets the energy! Jumhur is the entertainment/ Bar manager. Is super-friendly to us all, as are all the hotel staff. Rooms are basic to good, and cleaned every day with clean towels at least every other day. Food is also excellent- Turkish, but hey- you are in Turkey!!! Too many fussy people missing their fish'n'chips- what DO they expect?!? The entertainment is excellent- very different- watch out for Mr Alex the MALE belly dancer, he's better than all the female ones! Very fit! Also not to be missed are the Break Dancers- they make it look so easy! There is a new show every night- all for free! Location is the best- the restaurant looks out onto Gumber bay- the view when you're eating is spectacular! Beach is 10 yards from the hotel back entrance, and all the good bars and restaurants are tewn yards or so fron the front. The Sami Boat Trip is also not to be missed- all day sailing, with swim stops, lunch included, afternoon tea, and back in time for a rest (!) before the evening. All for a tenner per person! Amazing value! The only small gripe I have is that smoking is allowed in the hotel, despite the National smoking ban, but my gripe is really with the ignorant people who smoke near to me while I am eating, not with the hotel. All in all, I'd heartilly recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone, any age. "

• Travel date: 5th October 2009

LOVED IT!

Reviewed 22nd September 2009

"Well.. this was my first holiday abroad and i absolutely loved it! I don't even know where to start! I went away with my friend and her family. The hotel was very basic but we didn't mind because all of the staff were so friendly and nice to talk to, also the pool was right outside the door. When we first arrived one of the staff Baris carried mine and my friends suit cases into the hotel. Everybody who worked there were so helpful! The food was quite nice and there was something for everyone.. although with an early breakfast starting from 8-10 then evening meal only from 7-9, you will have to buy food during the day. There was usually somebody walking around the pool asking if anybody wanted food around 3 or 4 oclock. Although this only applies if you are going half board. The beach is literaly 10 feet from the hotel, however we didn't seem to take full advantage of it being so close and stuck to staying in the pool most of the time. The night time entertainment isn't that good so I wouldn't go all inclusive. The location is fantastic! Right in the middle of where everything is going on. Bar street is just round the corner aswell. It did get quite annoying when there were always people mithering to come into there pubs but when we did we was garenteed a good time. All of the staff are all so Kind and helpful it's unbelieveable! They are always up dancing having a good time. My favourite place for nightlife was X Bar! Me and my friend Loved it!! .. the clubs on bar street usually filled up at around 1-2 am .. You can hardly move because the streets are so packed!. Heart beat is the only club open past 5am on bar street i think but i wouldn't reccomend it because there aren't many english people in there so it gets a bit wierd. My highlight of the holiday was the boat trip. It took us round to different islands and to camels where people could pay to go on camel rides. Also the boat stopped in the sea so people could jump off into the sea and float around. The meals were included in the price which was 30 lires. Well worth the money it was a fantastic experience! We also went to the water park in bodrum which was ok but there wern't that many good slides. Also the amount of stairs we had to climb was horrible. Overall I loved the holiday and i am definatly going back next year!! Everything is a reasonable price and the people are so friendly and work so hard. The beer 'effes' could be bought for 2 lires which is around 90p.. so we stuck to drinking that! I would definatly reccomend this place to people it was amazing 10/10"

• Travel date: 21st September 2009

family

Reviewed 14th September 2009

"Hi just come back from our first holiday in turkey staying in gumbet @ the Sami Beach Hotel we stayed for 1 week and it was brilliant!! Our Hotel were in the centre of the resort so its an ideal location but about 3 mins walk from the famous BAR STREET so wasn't 2 loud. We stayed half board so in our room there was no kitchen just a king size bed and a single bed and a walk in shower room wich was lovely. The rooms are basic but clean the cleaners come in every day and changed the linen & towels 3 times a week wich i thought was good. The was a small balcony which was only big enough for 1 adult to sit and the view mainly was of the opposite hotel and parm trees but as we was there for only one week it did not bothere us as we were out most of the time. The staff are very friendly and make your stay very enjoyable, they carnt do enough and the evening entertainment was good 2 but is repeted every week but thats the same in most hotels. I would defo stay at this hotel again the front of the hotel leads directly on to the shops, bars and resturants and the back door leads directly on to the beach litrely! You do not have to pay for the beach sunloungers on the beach all thay as is that you buy a drink from the waffle bars are the hotel bar attendents you can also use other hotels pools and sun loungers also and same applies thay just want you to buy a drink. The hotel pool is a nice size and they were famlies young couples which were all a nice bunch. There is somethin for everyone in gumbet the young, old, famlies couples... its a fab place as i said before this was our firdt time to turkey and we have heard bad things but unfortunatly i do not have anythin bad to report only it was probably one of our best holidays abroad and we'll 4 sure be going back soon! also if your in to designer clothes take a extra suit case its brill there all fake's but good fakes! Louis Vitton & D&G, Gucci bags, trainesd flip flops 2 much to mention i bought a Parada bag 4 about 12 quis although you have to haggle till you've knocked at least 20 lira off! The accept Lira, stirlin, Euros and there is a resturantt called Red Dragon what does a fab food the menu will suit all they change money there and dont rip u off! The drinks however are the same as over ere we was paying £250 (5lira) for a pint of coke.....!!! its the same in every bar, resturant. The larger is the same about £250 a pint we just bought a big bottle of from the shop opp our hotel for 2 lira (£1)and tuck that round the pool altho it soon when warm we was paying arround 35 lira for our breckfast which is about 14 -15 quid for 3 english and about 35 for a chicken sandwich chips & salad x 3 at lunch time evening wor the same 35 -40 most places give discounts or free bottle of wine. Although we booked half board we only had it one night it's just wasn't for us it was a tipical turkish buffet and that goes the same for the other hotels round that area. My daughter likes pizza , chicken nuggs....that sort of stuff well thats a never never so we dines out the breckfast was the same salad, hard boiled eggs toats, salami, as i say not 4 us so next time we stay we'll be self catering although we did eat at the hotel resturant one night and it was super also its lovely as they resturant is on the brach front so is the evening entertainmets. All in all we've had a fab time staying in gumbet at the sami Beach Hotel and will be going again. "

• Travel date: 4th September 2009

sami beach- amazing!!

Reviewed 28th July 2009

"just got back from a two week holiday in gumbet, staying at the sami beach hotel! the rooms are clean and just what you need for a holiday , the maid comes everyday with fresh towels and cleans whole room. the staff there are so friendly, cant do enough for you! the hotel itself is int he perfect area 5 mins away from bar street so its not loud! the beach is right outside the back of the hotel and they also have entertainment on everynight. we didnt tend to eat there as we were bed and breakfast and mostly got up to late for it, but when we did the food was good! woiuld definately recommend the hotel to anyone wishing to travel to gumbet!!!!"

• Travel date: 25th July 2009

cannot fault anything

Reviewed 2nd March 2009

"cannot fault anything hotel staff very nice, waiters very pleasant,cleaners done ther job to my satisfaction,hotel entertainment very good, having been to gumbet for the 7th time this has been the best holiday ever,would recommend there all inclusive boat trips well worth the money 100% "

• Travel date: 2nd March 2009

Sami Beach Hotel, Gumbet

Reviewed 31st October 2008

"I have recently returned from holiday at the Sami Beach Hotel (11th - 18th Oct incl.) I flew out on my own and met friends out there (who stayed at another apartment). I had a single room and even thoug it was surrounded by Palm Trees and was quite dark I must say I felt safe. My room was cleaned daily and fresh towels provided on a regular basis. The breakfasts were second to none with a wide variety of choice to suit everyone. Th entertainment in the Hotel was excellent - some of which we would have made a lot of money to see back home!! So well done Sami Beach for providing fantastic entertainment. The staff was more than helpful and friendly but I am afraid I have to disagree with some of the comments about "sexy pepsi" (can't think why he would call himself that as he was far from it. I found him to be very rude and arrogant towards me and after telling him to stop on a number of occasions he continued to be rude. He knew exactly what he was doing and saying (if my son had come with me he would definitely not have behaved in this manner!!) Although I have to say i did give him a piece of my mind before I left. After saying that I would definitely recommend Sami Beach and would definitely return myself the Hotel is in an ideal location. "

• Travel date: 31st October 2008

One Of The Best Holidays I Have Ever Been On !

Reviewed 28th October 2008

"Well i have been going to Gumbet for 11years now and go 2 times every year, if not 3. Sami Beach is the first hotel i ever stayed in when i went to Gumbet and been going there ever since. Rooms - clean with fresh, clean towels everyday. Beach - right on the doorstep, literally. Entertainment - different every night, good variaty e.g. break dancers, belly dancers, turkish folk dancers, bingo, karaoke, snake charmer, indian yoga n loads more. When these have finished the waiters get up danceing to "Kiss Kiss", "Macarena", "Cha Cha Slide" etc. its all good fun. Bar Street - just a few metres walk up the road you get all the bars. Great laugh, good places to get really drunk & dance like you've never danced before! Haha! Sexi Pepsi - well whatt can i say . . . LEGEND . . . He is just so funny & his little ryhmes "eating, drinking, walking, talking, swimming, diving, partying, dancing, shopping, sleeping, boxing, relaxing, kissing WAKE UP SAMI BEACH, WAKE UP!" "Lunch Time, Drink Time!" Haha, awwww and his laugh is the cutest EVER! I love him millions, he's like my big brother =) Memduh - ooooft, i tell you what, he is GORGEOUS! Proper little fitty. He's funny aswell, great lad to have a laugh with. Bless Him, one of the youngest there and he works his little socks off, never stops bloody moving and he is a great dancer too haha =) BEST BEACH BOYS +& WAITERS IN TURKEY ! Love You Both ! Well could sit here and go on and on and on but you might get bored of me babbling so take my word for it & check it out for yourselves! Honestly, if all that, ^, is what your interested in - you'll love it! Can't Wait To Go Back ;; Same Time, Same Place, Same People ! May'09 . . . July/August'09 . . . October'09 (Y) Bring It !!"

• Travel date: 28th October 2008

We had a wonderful 2 weeks and would rec...

Reviewed 4th October 2008

"We had a wonderful 2 weeks and would recommened Sami Beach hotel. Location......perfect.. beach on the doorstep. Hotel......Rooms were clean and basic and maids came in everyday. Food.... Lovely and in abundance, something for everyone even the fussy eaters. Only thing that offended me was the people(not British) who went up with 10 plates at a time, dont see the point in that you only have one mouth. Entertainment....Well it was ok...snake charmers, belly dancers, bingo, break dancers.We opted to go elsewhere most nights. Would recommend Chico's bar and LMT bar entertainment was fab in both these bars. Weather.....well all i can say is hot hot and hot. lol."

• Travel date: 4th October 2008

Hotels near Sami Beach Hotel

Top traveller tips for Sami Beach Hotel

• by Bellavistas

"It's better to stay in the main part of the hotel"

• by Kathryn E

"Taking tours and island trips so near"

• by gem123

"Gunbet is fantastic great people lively nightlife just avoid Sami beach hotel."

• by LucyMill94

"The boat trip was my highlight"

• by sarahcarr80

"Red Dragon, Sami Beach"

• by sarahcarr80

"Hot, Fun, Lively, Romantic, Good Food"

• by louise86

"miradon and windy bay , great places to eat"

• by louise86

"gumbet is amazing!book now! :)"

• by Beachlover063