About Royal Asarlik Beach

• convenience store
  • tv channel one russia

Fantastic Holiday

Reviewed Mon 26th of October 2009

"This was our first visit to Turkey so was not sure what to expect, we were very pleasantly surprised with the hotel. Quick check in, very pleasant and helpful staff.
As we were all inclusive there was no need to eat anywhere else. The food selection in the main buffet restaurant had something for everybody. Food was checked regularly so was always fresh and plentiful. One of the biggest selection of salads I have seen on an all inclusive holiday. Mini bar in room was very expensive so didn't use it.
Staff were very friendly and gave a really good service.
If you go to Gumbet you must have a turkish bath, excellent value for money. They can be booked at local outlets a lot cheaper than the hotel. Also the boat trips from the local outlets were well worth the money.
Also a show not to miss in Gumbet is the Dream Girls show, we went one night and it was so funny.
Plenty bargains on leather goods if you barter. You get a better deal if you pay with British Pounds instead of Turkish Lira.
Hotel was on the beach with free use of sunbeds and towels.
Would definately go back to this hotel but I don't think I would like it peak season. The weather was really good for October, rain one day for about 30 mins the rest of the time it was in the high 20's or early 30's."

• Travel date: Sun 25th of October 2009

FANTASTIC HOTEL

Reviewed Thu 15th of October 2009

"What a great Hotel. Just returned from 2 weeks all inclusive with my partner and ten year old son. The hotel was so much better and bigger than we expected.There are 2 lovely outdoor pools and an indoor pool. Eight bars ( 2 bars are let out by hotel and need to pay, however you can watch all the latest football). The food was excellent and was non stop! There are 3 different restaurants and the main place to eat is on the 6th floor rooftop with a fantastic few over Gumbet (this was my highlight). There was so much choice of food and not once did we get bored and the deserts were fantastic (21 to choose from !)The hotel was so clean and the room was cleaned everyday and fresh towels supplied everyday. The hotel supplies towels for the poolside also. The entertainment was good especially the Circus, however try and avoid bingo night as it takes so long!The hotel is in a great location and there is a travel agents situated across the road (forget me not's) which is so cheap for the trips. The boat trip was fab and was only £8 each.The entertainment team were great with my son and he loved every bit of his holiday. We will definetly be returning, best hotel for food and drink and a fab holiday!"

• Travel date: Wed 14th of October 2009

...Amazing!

Reviewed Tue 22nd of September 2009

"This is mine and my boyfriends' second time in Gumbet we got back 2 days ago and can I just say the hotel was gorgeous. Was a bit hard to work out your way around at first as it was huge but after a couple of days you get used to it! The hotel room was lovely, very spacious and I had my own make-up dressing table (which I was very impressed with) the bed was comfortable and the rooms were stylish and modern. On the down side we were on the 5th floor so the restaurant was just above us and every morning we could hear them preparing for breakfast and rolling kegs across the floor! But this got us up early so we didnt waste our days I suppose! And we did ask for a sea view room, which we didn't receive but we dont like to complain and were both quite pleased with the room anyway.

Getting to the postive parts of the holiday, the hotel staff are so polite and funny. We went to the marine bar most nights and the atmosphere in there was really nice, the barsmen were so funny and really kept you entertained. The entertainment was good too there was always something different on we managed to see a Fakir Show and a Monglian Circus which was amazing. The actual entertainments team were great, always trying to get people up for pool games etc.

There was a big selection of food in the restaurant which meant if your creative you could have something different every morning for breakfast. Lunch and dinner were pretty much the same but still very nice. There are 3 a'la carte restaurants we went to the Chinese twice and the Mediterranean twice, however we didnt fancy the Fish one. We made friends out there from Liverpool which made our holiday much more special.

Being all inclusive meant that we were able to spend our money on excursions and we managed to go parasailing, jet-skiing, aquapark, boat trip, go-karting and loads more. Having the free alcohol meant that we could have drinks in the bar before going out which made the night cheaper. Bar street is highly recommended we had an excellent time!

Going shopping in Gumbet means haggling down the prices alot, the quality of most the clothes arent that great but when your only spending £5 (12TL) or so you dont mind so much. When people ask you which hotel your staying at and you say Royal Asarlik they are amazed and say "oh my god the best hotel in Gumbet!!!! You must be rich!" but they dont realised I saved up for about 7 months to pay for it!!!!

Whilst out shopping I tried on some jeans in a shop and put my camera on the floor of the dressing room and after going out I completely forgot about it. We went all the way back to the hotel, had a sleep for about an hour, had our showers and I had just got out of the shower when my boyfriend asked me where I had put my camera...I froze! I didnt remember bringing it back with me. We guessed it would be this particular shop though as I hadnt tried anything else anywhere else and that was the only time I would have put my camera down, but after all that time I thought it was gone for good, I felt sick with worry and was close to tears (it was my mums camera and one of our last days so it had all of my holiday piccies) so with my hair still dripping wet I ran back to the shop and luckily they had just found the camera and were looking through it trying to find maybe a picture of the hotel I was staying at or some clue (apparently) but I was just so glad to have found it. I really thought it was gone!!

Overall the holiday was amazing and I had a great time, I didnt want to come home! I would deffinately go back to this hotel again as I loved it. However as this was our second time in Gumbet I want to try somewhere different next year, but if you do want to go to Gumbet go to the Royal Asarlik and go for 2 weeks because I learnt last year that ! year isnt enough!!"

• Travel date: Tue 22nd of September 2009

Loved the hotel but not the rooms

Reviewed Fri 31st of July 2009

"Royal Asarlik Beach Hotel 29th June – 13th July 2009

My Review

Sorry this is long but I wanted to be as honest as possible without missing bits out.

We booked this hotel after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor. At the time of booking at the travel agency we were told that all the double rooms had been taken so if we wanted this hotel we would have to book a Superior Room for an extra £196. We considered booking an alternative hotel but as we’d spent so long trying to find a good hotel we agreed to pay the extra as we thought it would be worth it. We tried not to have high expectations but it was difficult as we were really looking forward to it.

On the way to the hotel the rep said it was a very nice hotel. We arrived at about 12:30am and checked in. The porter showed us to our room and we were very disappointed. Considering we had spent extra to get a better room the one we were given was basic. We went to reception and before we said anything the man asked us if the air conditioning was working ok. At the time it was, we just wanted to know if room 901 was a superior room? He said it was and we said we were disappointed and wanted to change rooms. We were told there was no other rooms available and to come back in the morning. When we got back to the room we turned on the air con and it had stopped working all together. We rang reception and they said they’d send a fan to the room. It took over an hour to arrive.

The next day we went for breakfast and then to the Thomas Cook welcome meeting. After the meeting we told our rep Katie about the room and she came with us to reception to speak to them. They said they didn’t have any rooms available for another 2 days!! We also told them that the shower was leaking all over the floor. The first room was the first room you come to after the Spa and if you want to get to the pool this is the main route. We had people walking past most of the day and night and they were leaving glasses and drinks on our table.

The following day we were still living out of the suitcases and the porter showed us another room which you could just about swing a cat in but it did have a balcony with a sea view. This room was far too small so the porter rang reception and I had to explain to that we just wanted what we paid for and wasn’t convinced that these were superior rooms. I was told that if we wanted a larger room to wait another day which we agreed. The next day we finally moved to room 204 which was still the same design and quality terrace room but slightly bigger. As they were not being that helpful and not wanting to cause trouble we accepted this room and unpacked but we were still dissatisfied with this room. We had no balcony and no view and our only access was through a patio door. We only had a terrace so had no privacy when we wanted to sit outside the room as there were people passing day and night so you felt you were in a zoo.

In our ‘Superior room’ for our extra £196 we got a kettle with tea & coffee sachets, a robe and slippers, shower gel, handwash, shower caps, cotton buds (3) and a dental kit. I hardly think this equates for the extra cost. The fixtures and fittings were not as good as those in the standard rooms and we have not seen any promotional photos with the furniture we had in our room. On the wardrobe and toilet door the paint was cracked and peeling. The room didn’t even have a full length mirror which they had in the regular rooms. Although it states they have DVD players in the bedrooms they haven’t. The only English TV channels are CNN, BBC World News and Aljazeera so you will be very up on the news.

Apart from the reception staff who weren’t very friendly we thought all the other staff were very helpful and friendly.

The food was excellent in the Panorama Restaurant and it had a very good selection of salads, main courses and desserts and there was always something being cooked on the grill in the outdoor section so you’d never get bored. You can get hot and cold snacks by the Green Bar and the Marine Bar from 11 – 5pm. There was also fresh pizza being made every day which was delicious and by the Marine Bar (under Chinese Restaurant) you could get a chicken kebab. The bar staff work so hard as they do 16 hour days and are stood up most of the day. They hardly get any breaks but they are still so cheerful and friendly. The measures in the drinks are enormous and they even had brand drinks of Malibu. You can get fruit cordial, tea/coffee and bottled water also.

We went to the Chinese a la carte restaurant but couldn’t eat all the meal as it was terrible and lots of people were sending full plates back. We ordered spring rolls which were weird and for the main course sizzling chicken & sizzling beef with fried rice. The rice was sticky and stodgy and hadn’t been fried and the sizzling dishes were so dry that they could have done with a sauce and the veg was uncooked. The meat pieces were fine so that’s all we ate and left the rest. We didn’t stay for the dessert and were asked by the waiter why as they needed to know so we told them. We didn’t try the other 2 a la carte restaurants but some friends tried the Mediterranean one and said the food was good but they had to wait so long between courses that it took 3 hours for the meal.

We were there at the beginning of July and there weren’t enough sunbeds for the amount of guests or there were if people hadn’t left a towel on them and disappeared for the day. It was very frustrating just trying to find 2 beds together. You don’t need to bring a towel with you as they provide a beach towel card for each guest which you can exchange for a towel near the pool areas. The pools are quite deep. One pool is 140cm and the other is 160cm all over but there are children’s sections at the end of each pool.

3 days before we left the cleaner left a Customer Satisfaction Survey in our room and then came back in while I was naked to check it was there. Luckily I managed to cover my top half. We half filled the survey in and left it to one side. The day before we left she came into the room again to ask for the survey, I was undressed again so ran into the bathroom and my husband told her that we hadn’t completed it and we would take it to reception. The cleaner then found where we’d left it and took it so my husband was wrestling with her to and fro and in the end he just let her take it. We filled in a new one at reception in my husband’s name. This happened to the people in the next room and they said that they saw the cleaners filling the rest in.

The hotel is in a quiet area and you can walk into the town in 10 – 15 minutes. You get pestered by lots of shop owners but if you say no thanks nicely they leave you alone. The Dolmush minibus which runs 24 hours a day to Bodrum is a minute walk up the road and only cost 2:20TL per journey (less than £1).

At the hotel there are a few shops. There is a market that sells souvenirs, lilos, crisps, ice-cream etc, a tattoo shop, a hairdressers and a SPA (where the indoor pool is). The people that work at the hairdresser and SPA come around pool and beach in the day to try and drum up some business. There are also 3 photographers that walk around the hotel day and night taking photos of guests for a fee (usually when you have your mouth stuffed with food or look washed out in the pool). The hotel has a lot of steps, not good for people with mobility problems as you have to walk a long way around to avoid them.

Evening entertainment wasn’t brilliant. Some of the shows are at the stage in the Panorama Restaurant while you are eating and they were ok but the ones in the amphitheatre we didn’t quite enjoy.

Don’t use the minibar as very expensive and there are lots of shops around and you can get plenty to eat in the hotel.

If you want to use the internet don’t use the one in reception as they charge 4TL for 30 mins and you can go to the internet cafe next to the hotel for 2TL for one hour.

Despite problems with the room we really did have a great time and would definitely go back to this hotel.

• Travel date: Thu 23rd of July 2009

fantastic holidat

Reviewed Thu 9th of July 2009

"i have just returned from a 2 week stay at Royal Asarlik Beach and we loved it, there were 9 of us ranging from the ages of 61 to 6 and there was something for everyone we are definatly going back next year (if i can find next years prices) food did get abit repetitive during 2nd week but plenty of lovely restaurants (try cheers on the main street it was beautiful food) in gumbet all very cheap and very good. the hotel bars were excellent with good entertainment for all ages and good beverages (watch the vodka and the gin very strong )the staff were brilliant really friendly and the hotel was cleaner than any ive seen in the uk, overall loved the holiday,hotel ,food,pool,many bars, weather, people,gumbet,cant wait to get back next year."

• Travel date: Wed 8th of July 2009

Going Back

Reviewed Mon 6th of April 2009

"Illness has prevented me from doing a review of the Royal Asarlik Beach hotel, I am completely shocked and upset by some of the trip advisors review of this hotel, we were their last May 2008 with our daughters family, and enjoyed it that much we returned in September last year

Never before in our holidays have we ever returned to the same hotel twice, we were not disappointed the staff were as always most helpful and attentive and we cannot understand some comments on the food or illness, my wife has a diploma on food hygiene ( from the Royal Institution of Public Health and Hygiene ) who thought their standards were higher than a lot of places in the U.K.

They were always checking temperatures and probing food for to make sure the food was correct temperatures, the tour operators manager for the Bodrum area even ate at the hotel frequently,
The selection of food was varied and plentiful my grandchildren enjoyed the variety of food and they are usually fussy eaters

With the credit crunch and the price of the Euro we are returning to the Royal Asarlik Beach Hotel this year and can not wait to return, the hotel offers 24 hour all inclusive with as I stated exceptional service we would wholeheartedly recommend this Hotel

• Travel date: Mon 6th of April 2009

never again

Reviewed Thu 6th of November 2008

"stayed in this hotel 6th oct for two weeks we were a party of six 50 year olds.
after reading reviews we booked this hotel.on day 3 husband was rushed to medical center with food poisoning along with many more of the guests,word of warning the doctor at hotel is working with medical center if you decide to book here next year and fall pray to illness pay 7 lira and go to local hospital you will not be ripped off with medical treatment you do not need as all they are concerned about is your insurance company details.After a night on drip hubby came back to hotel, after 3 days he was poorly again, at this point we had only eaten at the hotel.the thomas cook rep said it was a air born virus and the thomsons rep said it was a virus so why was my husband fed antibiotics throu a drip.they covered up for food poisoning.
its a shame as the hotel is very clean and our rooms were spotless the staff very helpful.We got told that next year this hotel along with the rest that are all inclusive have to become a 5 ***** hotel by turkish law.The food standards in this hotel needs a complete revamp to reach 4**** never mind the 5***** status needed.
Do not waste your money here gumbet is a lovely place and very friendly go self catering.WE have been going abroad for 30 years to many resorts and hotels this was not worth the money we spent. "

• Travel date: Thu 6th of November 2008

When we arrived at the hotel we are told...

Reviewed Tue 7th of October 2008

"When we arrived at the hotel we are told that we have no room for us there and we stay in first night in hotel old building were was very beautiful and silence with a lot of flower, but the room was old furnitured and not so clean.
In the next day we moved in the new building in a room that was barely 2 star. Look at the pictures I took. The room was cleaned daily, we had a sea view which was very nice. And was very noisy here we heard all the animation team up to 24.
The position of the hotel is great, nice rooftop restaurant, excellent food and beverage.
The beach instead is very small and the level of water is only to the shoulder
The animation team try to do something for everyone from children discos to adult sketch shows in the evening, of course it is not possible to please all of the people all of the time but we found them very entertaining.
Conclusion we had a lovely time and we took many excursion

• Travel date: Tue 7th of October 2008

Generally had a pretty good week in the...

Reviewed Tue 7th of October 2008

"Generally had a pretty good week in the Royal Asarlik Hotel (prior to Easy Cruise trip round several Greek Islands) Hotel looks very clean and staff work hard to keep guests happy. Ertan in the pool bar and the lovely girl in the Love corner are especially sweet.

As you may have already heard, a large number of guests went down with a nasty stomach bug during our week there. We're talking ambulances and Intravenous drips - not the odd immodium tablet... Heaven knows what the cause was, and it would be unfair to criticise the hotel staff if guests' hygiene was to blame ( always a risk with buffets).

But, there are a few things that need to be improved. Glass cleaning for one. Monitoring the use of utensils in the buffet area is another. People won't just accept a stomach bug as an expected down side of a holiday any more. The vast majority of these problems can be avoided by hotels and guests working together.

Other than that, the hotel is pretty good. Nice views from the pool. Fantastic views from the restaurant. Food ok, but when you've been wiped out with a bug it's not exactly the highlight of your day. Me with a "strong constitution" too. For me the first week was pretty good - especially in terms of value for money. But the second week on Easy Cruise was absolutely FAB. (review elsewhere) The whole package - Asarlik All.Inc and Easy Cruise HB from Glasgow cost £749. I've paid more for one week half board in an average hotel in Spain!"

• Travel date: Tue 7th of October 2008

Stayed at Royal Asalik on all inclusive...

Reviewed Sun 5th of October 2008

"Stayed at Royal Asalik on all inclusive basis fantastic staff could not be faulted food great,drink fine Gumbet itself is expensive for food and drink nice place some bars a bit sleazy as you would expect, boat trip is a must all round about same price £8/£10 recomend this hotel for all ages. "

• Travel date: Sun 5th of October 2008

Just returned from our third visit to th...

Reviewed Tue 30th of September 2008

"Just returned from our third visit to this hotel.(Once a year since it opened).Even though
before we have found a few minor faults these mostly seem to have been rectified, food
being the only issue still left (more later).
Overall the hotel has improved a great deal this year with the staff being a lot more courteous than previously.Don't know wether this is because we went at a quieter time of year (normally go July/August)or because there is a lot of new more mature staff now working there either way a fantastic improvement.Service at all bars was first rate with no hanging around and very charming friendly staff could easily sit there and be entertained all night. Waiters very efficient and more than helpful when wanting cold water,etc....Entertainment during the day but very low key compared to previous years when they used to physically force you to join in but maybe because near the end of the season so not so many people in hotel willing to join in. Entertainment in the evenings is just about watchable but you have to take it as it is meant they do try hard!
Location is great took 2 teenagers with us daughter and boyfriend they loved bar street mainly the reason we've been there 3 times.
Food has not improved much breakfast is still the best meal of the day but don't expect full english. Lunch & Dinner very repetative (hope you like chicken,turkey & salad)gets
very boring after 2 weeks luckily there is a nice selection of restaurants near by for a treat.A la carte was a big let down this year! Last 2 years been virtually on the beach with full service and beautiful bottle of wine(in fact we had 3 bottles last year)no rushing and a really beautiful meal cooked to perfection, no interference from other hotel guests just others who had booked alacarte. BUT this year! Inside where they have the disco, very rushed(in and out within 45 minutes)no privacy and food was awful my steak was just gristle no meat at all and my mushroom sauce was scrapings from the bottle of the pan.
The food was and still is the biggest fault with this hotel other than that it is truly great.
Would we go back? Last holiday with the children so probably not (only chose because of what there is for them to do) the world is a big place but if ever we decided to go back to Gumbet definately would choose the Royal Asarlik"

• Travel date: Tue 30th of September 2008

Lovely hotel, good food but all beverage...

Reviewed Tue 30th of September 2008

"Lovely hotel, good food but all beverage was watered and had the same taste. The garden is very nice and the pool too and clean
The room was nice and clean but noisy. We heard all the buses coming and going.
The animation team is very nice and try to do something good with children.
The disco is too small and is only inside.
The hotel is too isolated but generally was nice.

• Travel date: Tue 30th of September 2008

Hotels near Royal Asarlik Beach

Top traveller tips for Royal Asarlik Beach

• RacheM by RacheM

"Bodrum is lovely. Get the ferry to Kos for a fun day our - don't forget the Euros. "

• xXxLaurenGxXx by xXxLaurenGxXx

"Go to the Royal Asarlik Beach Hotel, it really was amazing. "

• xXxLaurenGxXx by xXxLaurenGxXx

"Boat Trips are good for your tan, parasailing was excellent and jet-skiing is a good experience!! "

• dianec by dianec

"shops, shops and more shops "

• Deep purple by Deep purple

"Lovely area for a relaxed beach holiday and plenty night life if you want it. "

• Deep purple by Deep purple

"Can't miss the Dream Girls show. Local boat trips great value for money. "

Royal Asarlik Beach is also called