About Parkim Ayaz Hotel

• swimup bar
  • babysitting

Excellent

Reviewed Wed 7th of September 2011

"We stayed here in August 2011. My wife and I are in our 50's and took our 2 boys of 12 & 16. We absolutely could not speak highly enough about the staff and hotel.Stayed for 11 days, food very good. Choose your own omlette for breakfast , boiled eggs and a good selection of fresh fruit available. We payed extra for a family room and e mailed the hotel to ask for a quieter room [1109]. We were very pleased with it, a very good size for 4 people. 2 air con units to keep cool. We were on the first floor and could see the sea, just. If you can get the 2nd floor on this side of the hotel then you would get an even better view, but that's just a minor point. Drinks are slightly more expensive than in Gumbet. Every morning we went to the small shop opposite the hotel and bought bottles of water,coke & fanta.This is a lot cheaper,and we took these to the pool or beach every day.We bought toasties for lunch every day at the Ladybird bar, which worked out at £12 for 4 of us.There are plenty of lively bars in Gumbet for the young people. Also quieter places for families like us.We loved The Millenium Bar. 4 Lira for a beer. The staff are very friendly,not pushy like some places. They were brilliant with our boys,playing pool every night[Which was free]. We went for a Turkish bath opposite hotel on the 2nd day, superb! Went on boat trip, booked with the guy wearing white trousers and captain's hat. Great day out. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. However,we have heard it is going all inclusive in 2012. We paid £2300 for 4 for 11 days,which was fine for August.But would not pay a lot more to go All Inclusive."

• Travel date: Mon 29th of August 2011

" I'll be back"

Reviewed Mon 1st of August 2011

"My boyfriend and I just came back from a week away in Gumbet, we were saying on the plane back we will really miss staff and place at Parkim Ayaz, it's got so much to do for all ages. The variety of food and drinks are excellent. We don't tend to stay in hotels but we would definitely consider this one again, as it's more like apartments, it is very quiet at nights (despite what i've read I didn't hear any noise at night), although Bar street is bustling at night time there is plenty to do if your not up for partying all night long, the entertainment along the beach front at cozzy beach bar was very well thought out and had a wide variety. A*"

• Travel date: Fri 29th of July 2011

I love this place!

Reviewed Wed 27th of April 2011

"I have been to this hotel twice and will be going again in 4 weeks. The first time I went was my first time in Turkey, and I went with my sister, brother in law and their 3 children. I was very pleasantly surprised with the hotel, the staff and room charges. The rooms are smaller than some ive stayed in, but for a country where the temp was around 40 degrees c, I didnt really opt to stay indoors much (but when I did the free air-con came in real handy). We like other people were positioned near the lmt bar, which was too noisy if you needed to get an early night so due to having the kids with us, we spoke to Hazel the Rep and moved rooms, which was all done no fuss and got moved to a beautiful part of the hotel. Stayed for 2 weeks and we all found something every meal time that we loved and went back for more of. Breakfasts range from pancakes with chocolate sauce, to english breakfast, and traditional continental. Lots of choice compared to other hotels ive stayed at. Also just to point out-we stayed for 2 weeks and I didnt have to eat the same thing twice as the menu is on a 2 week rotation-however I chose to as it was soo yummy!
We spent most of our time in Bodrum, Turgutreis and The Ladybird Bar where we made good friends with the bar staff.
I then went back in September 2010 with my friend, we got a room right above Denny's bar facing the beach and had a great time. We have booked to go back end of may for 2 weeks, but I know i've booked a promotional room, so am taking extra spends for an upgrade- just incase.
I honestly can not wait-forget anywhere else, this is the place to have your holiday, if you want a reliable hotel, great service, comfort, hot weather, beautiful food, a great tan, the option to go out and party or enjoy QUALITY hotel entertainment. There's even a fully kitted gym for fitness buffs. I dont go anywhere else for my beach holidays now, and I can honestly say I've not got bored once whilst been on both my previous holidays there, and neither has anyone ive gone with, and that includes children aged 4 5 and 10. Highly recommended, but as I have commented, if you know you have booked a cheap room (489 2 weeks half board 3* hotel package deal) then take extra money. The room might turn out to be lovely- but its luck of the draw and if youre staying for more than a week its worth doing, as I know which rooms people are referring to, and I wouldnt want to spend two weeks there.

• Travel date: Sun 24th of April 2011

Great hotel-good position

Reviewed Thu 8th of October 2009

"Hi, We are a couple in our 60's and this is what we thought of Gumbet First, please remember that you need a £10 note to buy your Visa (stamp) at arrivals in Turkey. Most resorts sell items in Lira's, Euro's and Pounds-so take some english money (you may get a better deal than paying in Lira). Bodrum and Gumbet are only 30- 45 minutes from the Airport. Gumbet is small , but there are plenty of shops (20), restaurants(50) and pubs(25)-inc Bar street. Bodrum has a little more to see (The Castle-10 Lira). And is not much bigger. Plenty to do for a week-without doing an excursion. We went on an all day boat trip-stopping 5 times for a swim in the bays around and lunch, Costs £10 (or £16 if you want unlimited drink). The sea in Gumbet Bay is shallow and beautifully clear-you can see the fish in 3 foot of water. We had a side view room No.1219-with a glimpse of the pool and sea beyond. It was clean and tidy-decoration average. There was a double bed and a convertible bed/settee; bathroom with a decent shower. The male 'maid' cleaned the room daily and made the bed. The pool was excellent and pool bar efficient at night ever when the nightly entertainment was on. It was always half an hour late-starting after 11pm. Male belly dancer one night, Russian dancers another + mr bendy-contortionist. All about average. For the price we paid with Portland -£375/week each,we thought that the included Breakfast and Dinner was a bonus. Breakfast was Tea/Coffee, cheese, ham, meats etc, Cornflakes, toast, cakes and the hot meal was not very varied-Rotating-each day,fried egg, omlette ,boiled egg + Turkish sausage, beans . DINNER was similar-NO tea /Coffee unless you paid- Fish one night , then stew another, fried Chicken, meatballs etc. (The hot meals only had 5 trays in the Bain-marie each day) There was plenty to eat, and all cooked well. Although there is a steep hill between Gumbet and Bodrum, it only takes 20-25 minutes to walk between them. Stop on the way to see the Windmills on the hill. The road starts from behind the Go karts,to the left of the hotel (seafront). The dolmus can be hailed down outside the main entrance (2 tone white and green bottom)-cost only 2.3 lira- £1. setting down in Bodrum, 100metres from the sea. This is also where the market is-walk up from the drop off, past the cafe's, and the stairs are on the left-Tuesday-Clothes, Friday Food. Gumbet Bar Street is 100 meters long-and NOISY. Its to the left of the main hotel. We didnt do excursions as some were 100 mile away-(ancient ruins and Pumakale). Beer (Effes Lager) prices varied from 3-5 Lira in Gumbet to 6-8 in Bodrum. Snacks from 1-5 lira, meals 8-24 lira (chicken/chips-Rump steak). Weather in September was 30 by day and 20 at night ;wore shorts all the time- thank god for the free air conditioning In the room!! Turkey is cheaper than Spain- but dont tell everyone! Enjoy yourselves-be happy!

• Travel date: Wed 7th of October 2009

Best holiday ever!!!

Reviewed Fri 2nd of October 2009

"I went to Parkim Ayaz in June with my boyfriend...it was the best holiday ever! I'd recommend it to all my friends. We are only 24 so the noise of the bars didnt bother us as we were out every night, some people were complaining about the noise when we we're there but these people we're older. Foods really nice at the hotel and we also ate out some nights. Red Dragon restaurant is highly recommended! Turkish people are really friendly! I'm going back in 2010 with the girls! "

• Travel date: Fri 2nd of October 2009

Couldn't ask for more.....

Reviewed Mon 22nd of June 2009

"Just returned from a weeks' break at this hotel. Absolutely brilliant. In the brochure it says this is a 3* hotel. It is infact a 4*, and rightly so. Some reviews, had said that the rooms were very basic. Well, I couldn't complain. There were two of us (52 and 42yrs).
The room consisted of a double bed, single bed, double wardrobe with plenty of shelves too, settee, and tv. The bathroom had everything you needed. (including a hairdryer that works better than the one I have at home, now that's a first!!)We also had a balcony.
There are 3 bars to the complex, Denny's Bar, Ladybird, and Cozzy Beach. All are equally good. Some of the cocktails are a little on the weak side, but hey, if you want to get slaughtered go into Gumbet, or pay the price for brand names. There's entertainment of some description on day and night.
The variety of food was excellent, both breakfast and dinner.
The beach couldn't be closer. There's an abundance of sunbeds. (Free)
The staff are there waiting on you hand and foot, both in the hotel and on the beach, you just don't have to do a thing!!
There's a large variety of water sports on offer too.
The "Chill Out Cruise" is a must, especially if you can swim.
There are many lovely excursions to go on.

There are only 2 things they we could pick fault with. They are minor.
We didn't have a sea view. - Well not everyone could have one!!!
Some of the food that's on offer in the 'dining hall' could have been labelled as to what ingredients they contained.

For a weeks' holiday for less than £300, who could ask for more?"

• Travel date: Fri 19th of June 2009

FANTASTIC HOTEL ....BUT A COUPLE OF THINGS TO CONSIDER

Reviewed Mon 1st of June 2009

"This hotel is fantastic, well laid out, big rooms with balcony (BUT THERE ARE SOME ROOMS THAT LOOK DIRECTLY ONTO A BRICK WALL) clean (towels changed every day, sheets every 3)

The complex is massive and is quite spread out, pools are great, its right on the shingle beach, sunbeds, hammocks and swings are free, the sea is very shallow but stony

The food is some of the best I've had in Turkey with a large variety of salads, meat and the desserts are great, there are no drinks with dinner and its expensive in the restaurant

WHEN IT GETS BUSY THE RESTAURANT IS A BIT OF A BUN FIGHT

The ladybird bar is small but the staff are lovely, they all speak really good english and are chatty and really helpful. Drinks are expensive everywhere Gin & Tonic (turkish) £3.50 (triple), large beer about £2, coke about £2 but the snacky food is great, a large chicken salad will cost about £4

The Cozzy Bar is big and has entertainment on almost every night, the usual turkish night, snake charmer, belly dancers etc

The bus into Bodrum stops right outside the hotel reception and costs £1 where ever you want to go

There's a supermarket right outside reception for bottle water as its loads cheaper than the hotel

Room fridges - they won't let you put any of your own drinks in the fridge in season so you have to be a bit crafty. When the cleaner has been put your drinks in - just make sure you move them before they get there the following day otherwise they CONFISCATE YOUR DRINKS until you go home - very weird I must say."

• Travel date: Sun 31st of May 2009

Great Holiday

Reviewed Thu 28th of May 2009

"This is my first review on a holiday xperience. Before booking a holida to Turkey, I read loads of reviews, and was stunned to see SOOO may bad reviews, about food, service, hotel, cleanliness, walking distance, you name it!

But what a surprise we had on our holiday. Turkey is NOT a 1st world country so its fair not to expect the same standards. The hotel is being revamped after Parkim Palas and Ayaz Hotel were combined. The staff are really great, friendly, always willing to help. The room was a bit of a dissapointment, but clean linen and towels. And besides I went on holiday to be outside in the sun and not indoors. The shower room was not that great, but its a standard that Turkish people are used to I guess.

The food was great on a Half Board deal. Always fresh, delicious and loads of variety. The catering staff were all professionally dressed and clean and tidy, and NO insects and flies as read on some other reviews.

What was great you can just walk out your room and onto the dining hall on the beach front, and enjoy the sunshine with meals, and around the cafe and bars. the hotel has 3 swimming pools. On negative is that the music never stopped! Alway noise around from building work, people around, bars playing music until 3am. So if a quiet holiday you are after, this is not the hotel to stay at. Gumbet has a great nightlife and the hotel is situated in the centre of Gumbet, easy walking around and loads of place to choose from to eat, drink and dance.

Overall a fantastic holiday and would advice it to anyone looking for sun and sea for a week. Check out the holtel website too.

Happy travelling!"

• Travel date: Thu 28th of May 2009

excellent hotel

Reviewed Wed 12th of December 2012

"second time here in just over a month. stayed in a fantastic room, very clean and comfortable all with air conditioning and fridge. Staff all welcoming, friendly, very helpful. free towels for beach/pool on request with a small returnable deposit. Reasonably good food and choice. Ample activities at hotel and around. Gym, Turkish bath, playground, 2 pools,one with childrens shallow pool and large slide to main pool. 3 bars of which one had live entertainment every evening, food available at all. Quite central for shops, local transport, good tour agents close by where all our trips were booked and money exchanged at good rates. Gardens had hammocks/swingseats where numerous resident tortoises are to be found. A great place to stay for all ages. Will be looking to go back in September."

• Travel date: Mon 7th of July 2008

Parkim Ayaz - Escape to Paradise?

Reviewed Thu 25th of October 2012

"Having just returned from a fortnight at the Ayaz I can say I was more than impressed with the service we received for the relatively low cost of the holiday.

The staff working at the Ayaz really work hard to make your holiday the most enjoyable experience catering to your every whim. The Ayaz provides a great base for exploring the area but if you are looking for a “fly and flop” holiday you certainty get it here! Drinks service direct to your sun bed including delicious fresh orange juice in the morning (helps with the inevitable hang over’s!). Porter service on arrival and departure and a large beauty salon where you can get a traditional Turkish Bath, as everywhere in Turkey insure you haggle as there is a deal to be done!

The hotel is located right on the beach and in the centre of the resort so you could not wish for a better location. The room we had was basic, but clean however the shower was something else all together. No matter how short your shower was the tray always flooded the entire bathroom making it slightly dangerous. We had a small balcony but was large enough for two to sit out and enjoy the family of tortoises which sheltered in the gardens during the heat.

There are a number of bars within the complex which provide the opportunity to have a few drinks overlooking the sea . The main bar we used was the Cozzy bar which had a great atmosphere especially during the Turkey Euro 2008 matches allowing you to really get behind the national team (bad luck for the loss to Germany boys!). The food was basic, what you expect from a large hotel catering for the mass market via a buffet so inevitably food can get very repetitive especially during a two week stay as the food in week two was exactly the same as the first but we ate out a number of times and the food in the resort and in nearby Bodrum was delicious.

I hope this review was of some help, overall we had a fantastic holiday and would defiantly consider returning to Turkey and Gumbet again. If you are of to the Ayaz have a fantastic time! One other thing I would recommend is you take a day boat trip around Bodrum bay as it is a fabulous day out."

• Travel date: Thu 3rd of July 2008

Brilliant hotel

Reviewed Sun 9th of December 2012

"Arrived on the 13th june , staff very helpfull at reception , helped with suit cases after a long journey showed to our room s from freindly porters , stayed in supirior room which looked over the beach and sea , veiws from the room where lovely , did not here no noice at all during the night , it was proberbly because the room we had was looking over the beach and not at the front of hotel ie Reception ,. Beacuse across from reception you have some lively pubs and if u do have a room there u would hear noice at night , as the pubs do not go quite till about 3 or 4 . , SO if you do upgrade ask for room at the back ie beach.
Room was well worth upgrading for extra £100 , Jacuzzi , Large bathroom , Big Bed ``plenty off room Lovely and clean , clean towels and room cleaned Every Day , Mini Bar , but be carefull u do get charged alot for ur drink s that u have out off it , so i would reccomend going across to the supermarket across from reception and get ur own water and larger or what ever u drink and put it in fridge , LOT CHEAPER , TIP Also get your drink from supermarket for around the pool as well , will save u money in stead of paying stupid prices at the pool bar ,
We where staying where the pool had a slide area , as there is 2 pools now ,
Turkey prices have gone up alot , 5 lira for larger thats about £2 but u can barter with them as we found out on the last day before we came home , walking past a pub and they asked us in said no , they said give u drinks for 3 lira so Barter with them on your first night , if only we new , also they said children eat free which we didnt no as well so its Barter Barter Barter AT THE BEGINING OF YOUR HOL ,
Food was ok Pool was good for Children with having a Slide and baby pool all in all great HOLIDAY
Any One like more info just get in touch Linda"

• Travel date: Mon 30th of June 2008

best holiday ever!

Reviewed Wed 12th of December 2012

"Parkim Ayaz is an excellent FAMILY hotel. There is a kids club, which my niece of 5 thoroughly enjoyed; 2 large swimming pools, each with a bar that you can swim upto; excellent views from the rooms overlooking the sea and the pools; extremely friendly staff with no exceptions; and a perfect location right on the beach front.
Brekfast and evening meal are included in Half Board accomodation. i read some reviews which had said that these were boring and repetitive. I found them to be the exact opposite, we had a different set of meals each day, all of which were delicious. whilst eating your meals you have an excellent view of the sea, where you can go parasailing, rent jet skis, banana boats etc.

I highly reccomend taking a boat trip, from any of the organisers in gumbet, during my holiday i took 3 boat trips and went scuba diving. the boat trips are around 30ytl, which works out about 12 - 13 GBP and they include a meal on board, diving from the boat to swim in the sea, and visiting some very interesting places.
For scuba diving see Ozzy, who's office is just opposite the dining hall. Its 80ytl for an inexperienced diver, but it is well worth it.

As for Gumbet itself, it is like another world. As you walk down the streets, the friendly staff of all the shops and bars are beckoning holiday makers and locals alike to come in for a drink or to buy something from their shop.

Opposite the Parkim Ayaz hotel there are two excellent bars for all ages, The LMT and the Aloha Fun Bar. If you spend even 10 minutes in either of these bars, you will have met all the staff, who make you feel very welcoe, and very special. Shops are the same, if you take the time to talk to the staff, get to know their names and introduce yourself thy are sure to offer you a cup of tea, or just to ask you to come back just to talk to them again.

After two days in gumbet, my family and I had made lots of friends, not just working in the shops and bars, but locals walking down the street will even stop you to make sure you are enjoying your stay to the utmost degree.

We stayed for 2 weeks in the Ayaz, returning this morning was heart wrenching, comig hom feels like leaving best friends behind. Highly reccomend this resort to everybody!!!"

• Travel date: Mon 30th of June 2008

Hotels near Parkim Ayaz Hotel

Top traveller tips for Parkim Ayaz Hotel

• Litchi by Litchi

"great for sun and sea "

• Litchi by Litchi

"cozzy beach bar, and central bar in town "

• Hvnly by Hvnly

"Its a fantastic area with loads to do, places to see, shopping to be had "

• Jopippy by Jopippy

" Chill Out Cruise is a must. A visit to see the Dream Girls is a laugh. Bodrum Castle. "

• NeekoColey by NeekoColey

"Highly recommended!!! "

• emmabubbles by emmabubbles

"Ask the locals about great days out. They will tell you the truth, how to get there, how much it will cost and what their is to do. "

• lizz_6 by lizz_6

"Take a walk right round the bay there's so much to see, also on a day boat trip you get to see much for your money. "

Parkim Ayaz Hotel is also called