Hotel Serpina

Mister Hadi Sok. No. 1, Gumbet 48400 Turkey

Good

a fantastic hotel

"My boyfriend and i have just returned from the serpina and had a wonderful time. We would reccomend to all who are visiting.
We had not stayed here before but would return. The hotel is clean and the staff are friendly always making sure you are ok and bringing you drinks by the poolside. The pool is warm and there are always sunbeds to use. The breakfast is quite boring a bit on the boring side but you can go into gumbet for a full english if you want to for a cheap price.

The serpina is a great location, 2 mins from Bar Street we would reccomend bar Liquid for the best cocktails about they are a bit pricey but well worth the money. For the COLDEST beer in gumbet take a visit to the Blue Ice bar opposite the windmill bar. They are served in freezing glasses and are a must!!!

If you are staying in gumbet I dont reccomend the trip to the mud baths and turtle beach. Thompson sold it to us and forgot to mention the 8 hours that are spent in the coach."

• Travel date: Mon 25th of June 2007

Great hotel

Good

"Fantastic hotel, fantastic staff, clean and comfortable rooms. Only downside was the thinness of the walls and the corridors that just made every noise sound as though it was coming from your own room. Doors slam shut and my room was on the east side of the building and they are currently building a new hotel or bar or something next to the medical centre so i got woken up by drilling and hammering most mornings.

Having said that, you get used to the noises and it's inevitable in a hotel really.

Would definitely stay there again although think you definitely get a better deal in terms of where your room is if you book through a proper agent like Thomson, i booked through a website separately to my flights and although it worked out cheaper i didn't feel like they were as bothered about me as they were about the thomson guests."

• Travel date: Mon 11th of June 2007

Good hotel, fantastic staff, great location

"My wife and I stayed here for 2 weeks at the end of August/beginning of September.

In line with the other reviews here, we agree that it is a great hotel, and would stay here again. That's not to say that it is without fault - I'll come on to that a bit later.

Room was spacious, with a balcony, satellite tv, mini-bar and in room safe. The pool is fantastic and clean, and surrounded by plenty of free sunbeds.

The staff and management were always keen to help and extremely friendly. Watching a Turkish football match in the lounge with about 9 members of management and staff was a great experience!

Location is perfect - 10 minutes from the beach and close enough to the nightlife but without being noisy.

The hotel is also situated right next door to a medical centre - which came in very handy for me as I seriously injured my foot during my stay!

Disagree with an earlier review about the Empire Restaurant just along the street. This was not only the worst food we had in our fortnight, but also the most expensive. By far the best restaurant around is the"Windy Bay" situated a 10 min walk from the hotel, right on the beach. In fact I visited this restaurant 11 years ago (when it was called The Windmill) and it is just as good as ever. And reasonably priced.

We also ate at the hotel quite often - again, very good food and also reasonably priced - would recommend it if you stay here.

So what were the faults that I mentioned earlier? Well, the bathroom certainly could have been a lot cleaner. There was a huge cobweb behind the bathroom door which just got bigger and bigger each day - I'm surprised that the maid did not trip over it! Also, the shower could have done with some bleach. But at least the towels were changed every day.

The other fault with this hotel is that at night it is incredibly noisy. Firtsly, the hotel bar seem to pump the music volume up once it turns midnight. Secondly, if you stay in the east wing, as we did, there was a loud banging noise about every half an hour - like a door slamming but louder. It sounded like a distant explosion, but happened with too much frequency and regularity. Never did find out what it was. Hotel walls seemed far to thin.

But overall a very good choice of hotel and would not hesitate to recommend it."

• Travel date: Tue 12th of September 2006

Fantastic!

"We have just returned from a one week stay in the Serpina. What more can we say but fantastic it is by far the best holiday we have ever had. The staff are very friendly and make you feel very welcome nothing is too much trouble. The hotel itself was immaculate and rooms very clean and comfortable. It was our first time in Gumbet but not the last we will be returning in september this year. Beach is literally 5 mins away and I would definetely recommend the water sports. If you want a nice meal then go to the Dancing Dragon which is next to the serpina the food is delicious and the staff extremely friendly you are guaranteed a warm welcome.

Cant wait to go back......

Claire and Phil Newcastle"

• Travel date: Mon 10th of July 2006

Fantastic

"Just back for a two week holiday at the Hotel Serpina in Gumbet. We had a great holiday. The hotel staff are fantastic and would do anything for you. We cant wait to go back. The hotel is spotless and the air conditioned rooms are great. There is plenty of sun loungers by the pool so no one went without. The food at the snack bar was excellent and freshly cooked. We were bed and breakfast so we never had a main meal in the hotel but heard from other guests it was lovely. For eating out I would recommend the Saray and Empire. I would also recommend going for a Turkish bath and pay the extra for oil massage, well worth every penny. We also went horse riding and on a boat trip which were thouroughly enjoyed. We did a two day trip to ephesus and pamukalle which were great but to be too much travelling for me. I loved every minute and the hotel really made a difference if you are already booked you will have a great time and be well looked after."

• Travel date: Wed 5th of July 2006

Fantastic Serpina

"We have just returend from a two week Holiday in Turkey where we stayed at the fabulous Hotel Serpina in gumbet. I cannot state how much we enjoed our stay. The staff, location and quality of the hotel was exceptional. I would not hesitate in returning in the future and will highly recommend it to friends & family. Keep up the good work.
Len & Kara.
(Cork, Ireland)"

• Travel date: Thu 29th of June 2006

3 star hotel with 5 star quality!

"Me and my family stayed at the Serpina Hotel for a week.

We've been going to Gumbet, Turkey for the last seven years but it was the first time we'd stayed at this hotel and now we'd never stay anywhere else. It's the best holiday we've had!

It's a 3 star hotel with 5 star quality. The staff are excellent. If your going to Gumbet go to Serpina Hotel, you won't regret it!"

• Travel date: Mon 19th of June 2006

hotel serpina great place for relaxing.

"My family and i had a wonderful time here. The management and staff were lovely and friendly.The hotel was very clean,the pool was beautiful and also very clean,and enough sunbeds for everybody.Kids also had a brill time.Great place to eat and drink.It was one of the best holidays we have had,thanks for everything."

• Travel date: Mon 29th of August 2005

great vacation !

"We stayed at the serpina hotel the first week of july. We had a wonderfull time, weather was great, the last few days even a little to hot. But the hotel was very good. Staff was really nice and friendly and I loved the pool ! We spend a lot of the time at the bar in the hotel and played pool and drank a few cocktails. But there are so many places close by where you can go out to clubs or bars in the barstreet, but if you like to take it easy and relax then you can go to beach. there are a lot of bars where you can have drinks where your table is right next to the water. It's really nice at night and also very close to the hotel. You can walk either to the barstreet or the beach. That's what I also loved about the hotel. The location ! It's right there, really close to the centre and yet it's quite and you don't have the noise from the bars in the barstreet. It's a small hotel, it has 55 rooms but that makes it even more fun to stay. The staff knows who stays in the hotel and is always there for a conversation or to ask how your days was. If I go back to Gumbet I definitly stay in Serpina hotel again !!"

• Travel date: Sun 24th of July 2005

top marks for the hotel serpina

"Stayed at the Hotel Serpina from 6th - 20th September. Myself and my husband (ages 40 and 36)thoroughly enjoyed ourselves at this hotel. We were made welcome from the very start and the owners and staff could not do enough for us. The rooms were cleaned every morning and fresh towels also. We spent the majority of the time at the pool as the beach in Gumbet was not great. There are loads of places to eat and not expensive. Drink is roughly the same price as home, but you do get better measures. Local beer is cheaper and a full glass of wine is around £1.80. We ate at the hotel on several nights and their buffet only cost £5.00. They had a good range of salads and varied it. Food during the day at the pool was of very good quality and was cheap.
Try to learn a few Turkish words before you go, they will really appreciate it.
We could not fault the Serpina at all, it is away from the noise of Bar Street, yet close to the beach and all eateries. If you turn right at the hotel and walk up the hill you will find a lovely genuine Mexican restaurant. There is not an extensive menu
but anything we ordered was excellent.
The owners Ali and Akin were great and the entire staff. 5 of the staff are called Ali. We were in tears when we departed on Monday evening and all the staff came out to wave us off. I will be emailing them to keep in touch and sending some photos.
Met a great couple from Leeds-Andrew and Marie
who we went out with at night. Intend to keep in touch with them. Some people came from other hotels to use our pool as it was so much less noisy.
There are a good mix of nationalities staying at the hotel which we liked.
The weather was still extremely hot when we left and not a cloud in the sky. We might wait until October when we next go back and it will be to the Serpina."

• Travel date: Tue 21st of September 2004

serpina hotel gumbet

"Got back yesterday from the Serpina Hotel Gumbert (2nd time around)and was pleased to find the same staff and same welcome as last year everything about this hotel is perfect the staff the location and of course the weather the rooms are small but clean with views over the pool area a must there's nothing nicer when returning from a night out than to sit out on your balcony with a nice cup of tea and just soak up the view of the pool area when its all lit up at night it is very peaceful no noise from bar street all in all i would recommend this hotel to anyone will definitely be going back again next year all the best to Ali and all his staff who were fantastic from jean and Steve 10 out of 10"

• Travel date: Fri 4th of July 2014

first time in turkey,but i will be back,2011

"went with a party of 6 arrived at 3-30am,staff were waiting to greet us,so from there on things only got better,lovely people-lovely food-lovely-place,going back in 2011,allready looking forward to it.

PATRICK CAREY IRELAND,"

• Travel date: Mon 13th of September 2010

Hotels near Hotel Serpina

Stayed at Hotel Serpina? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Hotel Serpina

• gort by gort

" tempo nice and warm good food recomend T bone steak "

• LindaN by LindaN

"Friendly place a lot bigger then I first imagined - beautiful scenery "

• LindaN by LindaN

"Tempo, Festers, Jasmin "

• Serpia superb by Serpia superb

"beach so so, prices not cheap very hilly not for elderly "

• IRISH PADDY, by IRISH PADDY,

"you will not find better,if you do let me know "

Hotel Serpina is also called