i go to gumbet 3/4 times a year , and i...

Reviewed Thu 2nd of October 2008

"i go to gumbet 3/4 times a year , and i stayed at green house in may 08 the rooms were lovely cleaned everyday .. the staff from that hotel were reelie nice very helpful couldnt fault the hotel .. best hotel we have stayed in , so we went back to green house in september 08 its reelie clean love that hotel , wouldnt advise people to go there"

• Travel date: Thu 2nd of October 2008

I will try and be fair as the staff and...

Reviewed Mon 25th of August 2008

"I will try and be fair as the staff and owner were fantastic, they cant do enough for you.

positives:
the apartments were in a good location.
the staff were excellent especially Rifat. they will gladly sit and chat with you about turkey.
lots of entertainment in the apartments.
food is excellent.
bedding and towels were changed every 3 days

negatives. a few but please read comments after.
I found, with a family of 4 the apartment was too small. the brochure shows a split level apartment. these are on the top floor. I had an apartment with 3 levels, each level approx 3m square. Entrance, shower, toilet, wardrobes and kitchen on the ground level. Second level had 2 sofa beds and when setup as a bed left very little room to move. the third level had 2 beds, dressing table and wardrobes with about 6 hangers.
As you can see in other reviews the apartments aren't that clean. when i arrived the sofa beds were out. when I changed them to chairs, the seams were full of crumbs etc and there was a large sticky patch on the floor underneath, looked like coke had been spilled. the sofa beds are very uncomfortable and the rooms can only be separated buy a curtain on the top floor.
the kitchen utilities were sparse, not that we use them, but there wasnt even a tin/bottle opener. the fridge did not have a freezer compartment.
the shower was dirty. the plug hole hasnt been cleaned or seen bleach in years.
we travelled with a group of friends and family who all said their apartments were the same. some had a mop and bucket in the rooms. we had to wash the floors our selves.
The balconies were about 4 foot square with no furniture, forget sitting having a glass of wine enjoying the view. my view was a brick wall.
the bar had the most expensive beer in gumbet. 5.50YTL for a pint of EFES (about £2.50)

This said, I spoke with a few english locals, one who had a private apartment at the green house, who told me the apartments used to be very clean but had heard this was slipping. the owner is trying to find better cleaners.

out and about:
exchange rates are low. we were getting 2.10 YTL to the pound and all the prices have gone up. beer was usually 5YTL (£2.40)a pint but you can find some bars cheaper at about 2 or 3YTL.
bar street is expensive but theres some bars very close with decent prices.
try the food in the restaurant next to the apartment. sues place up the road was also good food.
the locals are good fun and shopping can be a good laugh.
avoid the Rondevous bar on the sea front. we went for a turkish night there and were given a sunday lunch and very poor entertainment for £10 per person. the night before they forgot how many drinks we orderd and we had to try and remember. not easy after youve had a few. i think this is a ploy to get more money from you.

trips:
I recomend a boat trip and a jeep safari. take squirty guns on the safari and expext to get wet. its a hilarious day out. the kids will ,love it.
bout trips vary in price. we paid £13 per person, all inclusive, but we got pasta and 3 meatballs with lettice and tomato for lunch and the drinks were cheap local drinks. the water was in refilled bottles so im not sure if it was tap water so we avoided it. ask what drinks they provide when booking and shop around.

• Travel date: Mon 25th of August 2008

My family went to the greenhouse apartme...

Reviewed Thu 21st of August 2008

"My family went to the greenhouse apartments in july 08 .just to say we have never been to Turkey before and we really enjoyed it , the staff were lovely the owner was a pure idiot but nice ,his children were great . the rooms weren't that clean but you did get clean sheets every 3 days and towels .i would defo go back to green house ,trying to book up for next year. my daughter charlotte had a accident round the pool and the staff and holiday makers were so helpful i would like to say thank you."

• Travel date: Thu 21st of August 2008

great resort ,great hotel,very friendly...

Reviewed Wed 6th of August 2008

"great resort ,great hotel,very friendly staff they cant do enough for you only home two weeks and already booked up again for next year"

• Travel date: Wed 6th of August 2008

I stayed in the Greenhouse apartments fo...

Reviewed Tue 29th of July 2008

"I stayed in the Greenhouse apartments for 2wks. To me the place was filthy my floor was never swept at all in the 2 weeks that i was there,plus your lucky if my bedding was changed at least 2 times in the 14days that i was there,also i think i only got clean towels every 4th day so they were changed 3 times that i was there, there was a mop bucket in my room and it was stinking i had to put it out,the toliet was minging thought it hadnt been cleaned as it was all brown stains,the bathroom was smelly of stale damp and also under your sink in the kitchen area. From what I heard from other people that was staying there the same time as me there apartments were just as bad. I dont know why they pay cleaners as to me they aint doing there job that great. Apart from all that the food in the complex was very good and the staff were all very nice try to do anything they could to help you. I dont know if i would go back there or not because of the filth thats what putting me off. Maybe if the apartments were cleaner and had a nice smell to them then i would go back as honestly the staff were great and the owner themselfs were very nice people. I'm going back to gumbet next year so i will pop in to the greenhouse to see if theres any changes."

• Travel date: Tue 29th of July 2008

Just back from 2wks at the Greenhouse ap...

Reviewed Tue 15th of July 2008

"Just back from 2wks at the Greenhouse apartments, overall the apartments were ok only complaint was the floor was never swept apart from that the apartments are ok. They have 2 large pools which are quite deep but they have a good kids pool round the back. Staff are all so friendly and nice. There is not much cooking facilities so not very good if you want to eat in although the restuarant in the apartments does do nice food especially there french toast for breakfast lol!
Gumbet itself is a nice place although you do get hassled to buy/eat. Would recommend China Town, Caspers for nice food and Paddys where u get a great 3 course for £10.
Would highly recommend a Turkish Bath before you leave it leaves ure skin so soft and clean after all that sun lotion."

• Travel date: Tue 15th of July 2008

just back from 2 weeks in the greenhouse...

Reviewed Sat 5th of July 2008

"just back from 2 weeks in the greenhouse apartments.
The apartments themselves were very basic and clean, apart from the toilet in the room which was filthy.
The staff made the holiday for us as they were so friendly and amazing with my 8 year old daughter who fell in love with all of them.
After running low on money in the 2nd week we couldnt afford the tickets for the turkish night, therefore we were excluded from the comlplex on the last night which was very unfair as we had paid to stay there so it was bed early for us.
In the resort itself it is hard work getting from A to B as you get hassled to eat, buy, etc but looking back it is funny really as these guys have to earn money like everone else and work really long hours.
On the whole i would go back to gumbet and the greenhouse (if the toilets were cleaner) even just to see the lovely staff again."

• Travel date: Sat 5th of July 2008

2nd time in gumbet ,love the place green...

Reviewed Wed 18th of June 2008

"2nd time in gumbet ,love the place greenhouse .aparts worst we ever had floor, sink. toilet never cleaned in 2 weeks, mop and bucket in room do yourself. clean towels not changed enough, did get mine after complaining ,staff were lovely can,t do enough for you. if they cleaned the rooms better i would stay again . Eating out go to windy bay free bottle wine and steaks good. golden knife sat on beach fab, sunday lunch massive if you got good appetite brilliant 3 course plus free naan bread 10 pound. nice walk along seafront. only 15 mins to bodrum . sunbeds on beach free thats a bonus . all in all love turkey and the people, been going now for 16 years."

• Travel date: Wed 18th of June 2008

After reading reviews we were a bit worr...

Reviewed Sun 15th of June 2008

"After reading reviews we were a bit worried about arriving at the greenhouse and so we should of been, the rooms are dirty and not at all safe for small children.
myself, my partner and two girls went for two weeks with friends, gumbet is a great place so friendly, yeah they hassel you to buy but they got to make a living.

The hotel has a built in nightclub that is open till 5am ( we did not know this till we got there ) the music is so loud you can here it no matter were you are in the building.
it plays all night long with the hotel owner loving the sound of his own voice and the mic.

we are only a young couple and are all up for having a good time on holiday but this hotel made us want to come home, towels were changed once in two weeks and rooms are not cleaned they just come in and empty bins on a morning that is it. cleaners cant speak any english so dont even know when you asking for some more loo roll lol.

Pools are sooooooo deep that even my 6feet tall partner could not touch the floor. staff will not bother with you unless you are doing all the stuff they are wanting you to do ( dont go to the turkish night it is sooo pooooooo).

would go back to gumbet tomorrow but will never step foot in that hotel again EVER. if you are single and on a party holiday this hotel would be great but not a family place at all. nothing for the kids to do ever apart from the pool.

each to their own some people will love it but we hated it.

• Travel date: Sun 15th of June 2008

the studio room was up a little spiral s...

Reviewed Thu 31st of January 2008

"the studio room was up a little spiral staircase which was very hard to get at "even when sober"
the noise at night was bad as the bar is directly underneath the room
so dont take this room
the staff were nice and the rest o the hotel was ok
just steer clear of the wee small studio appts

• Travel date: Thu 31st of January 2008

whilst staff were friendly resort was a...

Reviewed Sat 26th of January 2008

"whilst staff were friendly resort was a nightmare. Constant pulling at you to go in to shops and restarunts, never a moment restpite from mornign to night. Hated resort. Even beach had to get sun bed no room to put smallest of towels. every inch of beach owned by bar/resturant so could use beds but had to buy drinks food etc fair comment but could not relax as always aware that they were watching to make sure you were eating and drinking. Daughter and husband abused several times with racist comments making three weeks very uncomfortable. Would not return to Turkey for few years until current hostilaties calmed down. Did find fantastic restaurant cant remember name and appologies to owners. go out ot main door turn left and imidiate left resturant at bottom think called Zetas (dont get conused with one on beach) dont leave resort without trying it-fantastic and very reasomable. Dont use local shops jump on bus and go to supermarket much cheeper.

• Travel date: Sat 26th of January 2008

This place was brilliant! My cousin and...

Reviewed Fri 25th of January 2008

"This place was brilliant! My cousin and I booked only a week before and it was accommodation on arrival - which we were a bit worried about - but what do you expect when you book so late and was at a brill price.

The place was so clean and tidy and the staff were very friendly.

We still get Xmas cards and birthday cards form the staff and also from the employees of China Town - (really nice Chinese).

Would definitely recommend to anyone.

Only bad thing is pool a bit too small. But everything else was brilliant."

• Travel date: Fri 25th of January 2008