Just been to the WOW Bodrum resort and m...

Reviewed Mon 7th of July 2008

"Just been to the WOW Bodrum resort and may i say what a time me and 9 friends had the food is excellent but to much the night time entertainment is not bad you must book into the italian restaurant this is excellent. The only bad thing if you are going to book any trips do not book it with the rep as we were very dissapointed and paid way over the odds. Booking next year as well, cant wait, bring it on. If you go into gumbet centre go to the BABA hotel for entertainment or if you like a good steak go to the MISTRAL STEAK HOUSE RIGHT DOWN THE END OF THE BEACH."

• Travel date: Mon 7th of July 2008

we stayed at the wow with eight friends...

Reviewed Wed 2nd of July 2008

"we stayed at the wow with eight friends and had a brilliant time hotel better than we expected staff very helpful couldnt do enough for you rooms nice and clean food very good something for everyone watersports very good and free from the hotel beach make sure to book into the italian resturant for an evening meal also lunchtime menu very good if your looking for fun and games go to the beach /foam party we enjoyed the hotel and surroundings so much as soon as we got home we booked to go back next year"

• Travel date: Wed 2nd of July 2008

This is not only the best all inclusive...

Reviewed Fri 9th of November 2007

"This is not only the best all inclusive hotel I have stayed in, but also the best value! It beats resorts like Sandals hands down!

The location is superb and it is a huge resort. There are a choice of bars and restaurants and the service in all of them is fantastic.

We were told in the brochure that you are allowed two visits per week to the specialist restaurants, but on arrival they allowed you to choose a different restaurant every night, so you didn't have to use the buffet restaurant at all if you didn't want (but it was equally amazing with more choice of food than I have ever seen).

The restaurants alone would be enough reason to stay here - each night felt like a "special night" and the Turkish restaurant in particular went out of their way to make your evening wonderful.

The rooms were equally good. Individual chalet style rooms with their own front door and decorated in vibrant colours and very clean.

Everything you would expect from a 4/5 star all inclusive hotel is included. Pool towels, restaurants, any alcoholic drink (including wonderful cocktails), and service that is unbeatable. There is a choice of entertainment most nights from spectacular shows in the amphitheatre to music bands.

Our most memorial night was on the small wooden jetty out at sea, lit with candles. We lay on large Turkish cushions while waiters bought us drinks, listening to a guitar duo. A wonderful romantic night!

I really can't praise this hotel highly enough.

Additional information: Guests were mainly eastern European/German and a few English."

• Travel date: Fri 9th of November 2007

I got back from Turkey 3 days ago and I...

Reviewed Wed 7th of November 2007

"I got back from Turkey 3 days ago and I can say I had an exceptionally great time! I went with my mum, dad, brother and another family of the same. There was so much to do, the only fault is that it is based on a hill so if you don't like walking or have difficulty's I would not recommend it, although there are lifts. Also if you have a holiday there booked try the 'Chocolate Monkey cocktail' its delicious. The only thing about going at Oct/Nov time like me is that its very empty, no shows in the amphitheatre and a lot of activities start shutting down like boat trips and some restaurants. I would definitely recommend the hotel to anyone, you would have a lovely relaxing time. "

• Travel date: Wed 7th of November 2007

Fabulous hotel, could not fault. I liked...

Reviewed Fri 26th of October 2007

"Fabulous hotel, could not fault. I liked the waiter service in the bar area which was a nice touch. All inclusive is one of the best I have stayed in, loads of drink choice, food was exceptional.

Nice beach bars for water and coffees, soft drinks etc. & cocktails in the main bar were amazing! Hotel directly on the beach. Great pool area with loads of sunbeds. The a la carte restaurants especially the Italian on the beach were excellent.

The staff could not do enough to help and made special arrangements for a birthday meal for one of our party.

The town is a 15min walk and a further 15min cab ride to Bodrum centre with excellent shopping and a great harbour area. I loved it and would go back for a second visit."

• Travel date: Fri 26th of October 2007

The best all inclusive resort in the are...

Reviewed Thu 17th of May 2007

"The best all inclusive resort in the area and I have stayed in some.

They operate on a max all inclusive so there is none of the -' you can't have that' syndrome.

Superb location right on the beach with fantastic views over the water.

Lunch in the a la carte when you can the Italian is fantastic.

Can't fault the place, staff great, entertainment great, would go back tomorrow."

• Travel date: Thu 17th of May 2007

My wife and I stayed at the wow resort f...

Reviewed Wed 29th of November 2006

"My wife and I stayed at the wow resort for the second time and cannot praise the hotel enough. It is so clean everywhere.

Brilliant facilities such as, good food, nice room, fantastic staff.

Excellent value for money have already booked for 2007 for our third visit its the best all inclusive I’ve ever been to !!!

So much is free, sailing/waterskiing/banana boat/catamarans/canoes even your beach towels. In your room, mini bar topped up every day, clean towels, sheets shampoo/conditioner.

Entertainment every night. There is 24 hour waiter service bar upstairs plus the pool, beach, windmill, disco bars. Three a la carte restaurants and the main buffet dining room and so much more its fantastic WOW!"

• Travel date: Wed 29th of November 2006

This is a first class hotel, with someth...

Reviewed Mon 30th of October 2006

"This is a first class hotel, with something for almost everyone. The welcome from the staff is great especially Feyat and the guys in the lobby bar. There is a wide range of food in the restaurants, the Italian is especially good.

The layout of the complex is good and the rooms clean and tidy-towel and linen changed daily. The only problems I can see are that physically disabled would have difficulty getting around and main season would be extremely busy.

This is a multi national hotel and is better for that, for a late summer holiday this hotel is well worth a visit. Don't expect much of Gumbet though."

• Travel date: Mon 30th of October 2006

We (myself and my partner) first went to...

Reviewed Wed 13th of September 2006

"We (myself and my partner) first went to the WOW in June this year, with my sister and her 9 year old son. We all had a great time - the Hotel has no faults at all - great value for money!

We met people who actually didn't leave the hotel the whole time they were there! We however, like to go out and about and visited Bodrum, the water park and went into Gumbet most evenings. You must try Mary's restaurant for dinner if you fancy eating out - lovely food and great staff!

We had a excellent holiday, that so much so, when I found out I had a new job and had a week off in between, we decided to go back for a week in August! 2nd time in as many months! And we had just as good a time the second time around......

There's so much to do at WOW, that you could fill every day and still need more time - I recommend it highly!

Enjoy."

• Travel date: Wed 13th of September 2006

Fed Up With Alles Inclusive Holidays

Reviewed Sat 8th of December 2012

"I have stayed in this hotel last year. It is like a mass holiday institution where hundreds of guests are fed at a student mensa like restaurant. Service is weak. You can not drink the Coke as water is added in it, you can not drink the Beer as the hot glasses warm up the beer. At least 3-4 variety of the cuisine were recycled from the previous meal. After 24:00 everything you drink becomes extra. There are long queues in every offer in between main meals. Animation was below the average. I was happy with the rooms and the seaside only."

• Travel date: Sat 8th of July 2006

Fantastic!!!1

Reviewed Fri 26th of October 2012

"This holiday was the best I have ever been on, it beats destinations such as Cancun, Spain and all those other holiday resorts that I have frequently visited. After browsing through the Thomas Cook brochure late last year, WOW Bodrum Resort grabbed the attention of me and the rest of the party I was travelling with. We quickly booked it and started our countdown to departure. On Arrival at the hotel, we were taken away by the main foyer and the views over Gumbet bay. Such a scene. The hotel was brilliant, couldn’t fault one single feature of it at all. The staff were fantastic and couldn’t do enough for you, the 4 restaurants were off a very high standard serving delicious food. The water sports also came in as a treat. We will defiantly be going back to Bodrum resort, it is a place were you could go every year and still be entertained and excited about the whole resort."

• Travel date: Sat 1st of July 2006

My new wife and I went to the WOW hotel...

Reviewed Fri 17th of February 2006

"My new wife and I went to the WOW hotel Gumbet for our honeymoon so we were hoping for a nice hotel and weren’t disappointed.

The views over Gumbet bay are stunning and the public areas and rooms are kept really clean by an army of staff. The food is very much continental in style which my wife and I loved so be warned if your a pie and mash or fish and chip lover. The pool area is spacious if a little crowded but we never wanted for a bed.

We went all inclusive and you could eat and drink for literally 24 hours(the reception bar opens all night). We went into Gumbet a couple of times for a bit of shopping but i didn’t think much to it. Too many loud bars full of drunken holidaymakers for my liking but some decent bargains on the jewellery front.

The animation team tried hard and were friendly and enthusiastic but as in many of these hotels too much is asked of them and some decent professional entertainment wouldn’t have gone amiss. Get involved in the karaoke and the games though its a good laugh and gets your face known. Many of the guests are Dutch and we spent a couple of great nights drinking with them and some other English guests until the early hours.

My one complaint would be a young barman who worked at the windmill bar who spent most of the evening trying pretty successfully to avoid doing any serving whatsoever unless you were a good looking woman. This was only a slight inconvenience however and I would on the whole recommend WOW to anyone who wants a relaxing holiday in a pleasant well maintained hotel."

• Travel date: Fri 17th of February 2006