Pool at Alibaba

Good

How it was a wonderful family run hotel

Reviewed 2nd August 2016

"What a fantastic & friendly hotel everything about it was amazing would go back to this hotel rooms where clean and tidy food was good very close to the main shops and restraints "

• Travel date: 1st August 2016

September 2011 crew at the ali ....

Reviewed 20th October 2011

"Where do I start ? Basic but clean , very nice atmosphere in the place , Harry Is a loony like everyone says , Close nuff 2 hit the bars and far nuff away to get sum kip . Met sum awsum people whilst there ( big Richie n Teresa u know who u r ? ) would consider going back there , "

• Travel date: 22nd September 2011

Harry love you long time.

Reviewed 23rd August 2011

"If you want a lively holiday with a good base to stay at this is the place. I went on a lads holiday with my brother. The hotel is clean with regular maid service. The breakfast is basic Turkish cuisine. The food from the hotel is good, the chips are homemade and lovely, 7 turkish lira for a full english. 5 lira for a pint. I would recommend Jacks Place in town, very good food. The beach is about 10 minute walk, free sunbeds on the beach. The staff are very good and Harry is great. I will go back and highly recommend it. Mark and Paul."

• Travel date: 16th August 2011

friendly relaxing hotel

Reviewed 16th June 2011

"lovely friendly place lovely family run hotel which makes it nice, ideal for familys or couples,not forgeting harry the barman "

• Travel date: 6th June 2011

fantastic

Reviewed 9th November 2010

"we stayed at ali barba in octber it was our first holiday in diffrent contry and was nervas did not no woht to expect we had the best time of our lives the staff were great and very frendly the bar man harry was great my husband is deaf but fond he could comunicate very well and made his holiday we will be going back as loved it met so great people "

• Travel date: 16th March 2010

Fab! Fab! Fab!

Reviewed 9th September 2009

"I have been to turkey many times all different resorts/accommodation. Ali Baba is the lowest star hotel i have maybe stayed in but............ is one of the best hotels I have stayed in and that is down to the absolutely fantastic management and staff who cannot do enough for you, very helpful/chilled out and Harry the Barman is just a smashing guy - mad as a hatter - but a lovely guy. He is an asset to the hotel. Rooms are basic and quite small but hey, you get what you pay for and it's just somewhere to put your head at night! Pool area spotless. Probably a 10/15 minute walk to the beach, 20 minutes bar street (but far enough away that you would not be disturbed by the noise). I recommend booking a boat trip it was FANTASTIC only approx £18 pp all food and drink included, 4/5 stops for swimming etc left 10 am back on dry land 5.30pm. All in all i would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone withouout hesitation! "

• Travel date: 8th September 2009

brilliant

Reviewed 8th September 2009

"Went to Gumbet for a well earned holiday and from the minute we arrived we felt welcome. Ali Baba is one of the best hotels we have stayed in family run but really friendly they cant do enough for you to make your stay the best. Barman Harry is nuts thinks hes normal but far from it but good laugh and keeps everyone laughing all day long. Is 15 mins walk away from Bar street so still able to get sleep if you need to though some bars dont close to 7 in morning and you dont realise the time til you look aoutside and its bright. Was the best holiday we've been on and Hotel Ali Baba truely made it. We'll deffo be back there next year"

• Travel date: 3rd September 2009

Fantastic time

Reviewed 13th August 2009

"I wasn't expecting much from this hotel,only being a 2*. I couldn't have been more wrong. from the moment we arrived at 2am we were met off the coach by harry the barman and had our cases taken to our room. Then the next day around the pool harry had me in stitches,always playing pranks on the other guests and dancing around the pool trying to make sure everybody had fun on their holiday. He is a real asset to the hotel and the reason so many people return year after year. The rooms are very basic,but you have everything you need. They are also very clean and tidy. The only reason the hotel didn't get a 10 was because the shower wasn't great. They say you get what you pay for,not at the ali baba. You get a whole lot more than you pay for. If you are thinking of booking this hotel do not hesitate,you will not be disapointed. The best resturants are just a short walk away and you are away from bar street so sleeping is no problem.I can't wait to return,it's the most fun i've ever had on a holiday. "

• Travel date: 13th August 2009

Fantastıc Hotel, Fantastıc Team

Reviewed 12th August 2009

"We are just sitting at the bar on our last night of our two week holiday at the ali baba hotel in gumbet. Everything has been fantastic. Seb and his family did everything to make sure our stay was amazing. The Bar man Mad Harry is by far one of the best people İ have ever met - my jaw hurts from all the laughter. Most of the resturants are brilliant, in particular the Jasmin Garden (a few mins down the road) Carpedıem on the beach was the best food\entertainment and the pubs were great. By far the best holiday we have had. The hotel pool was very friendly and we wıll be back for sure to this hotel thanks to its cheerful, funny and hard working staff. 100 % RECCOMENDED!!!!!"

• Travel date: 11th August 2009

Very relaxing

Reviewed 25th December 2012

"Visited June 2009 Just back from the Ali baba hotel in Gumbet. Had a great time, very quite location but still close to all the action and the beach. Seb the owner is a very nice guy and is always on hand if there are any problems, (not that we had any) Harry the bar man is as other reports mention MAD, but nothing is to much trouble for him. If you don't like the music played from around the pool from11am everyday tell Harry and he will play what you want from his limited amount of CDs. Breakfast was as we expected Crusty Bread, Cheese,Salad, Olives, Jam,Tea or Coffee. The rooms are basic but clean. Take a kettle if you want to make a cup of anything in the room. Pool is great with plenty of sunbeds. I suggest you pay for the Air Con as it gets hot in the bedrooms at night. Temp in the high 30s when we were there. Loads of restaurants nearby, we found Jacks Place to be the best value for money with the best food and the staff were great. We would not hesitate to go back to the Alibaba. Mike and Sally."

• Travel date: 29th June 2009

What I trhink of the Ali Baba

Reviewed 29th October 2008

"I came back from 2 weeks in Turkey yesterday. I thought that the Ali Baba hotel was very nice & the staff were very friendly. All the guest got on with each other & I left with new friends. I really enjoyed myself at this hotel & I would like 2 return next year."

• Travel date: 29th October 2008

Absolutely Fantastic!!! We stayed for 2 ...

Reviewed 9th August 2008

"Absolutely Fantastic!!! We stayed for 2 weeks and enjoyed every minute of it!! The staff were very friendly and helpful and Harry is certainly one on his own- a one man animation team who works incredibly hard to ensure every guest has a fun time on holiday. The Turkish Night was a definite highlight to our holiday and included delicious food and lots of original, if somewhat bizarre, party games to get everyone into the spirit!!! A fab time is guaranteed, especially if you like music all day long and some rather dubious selections, such as The Yogi Bear Song and White Socks........you may be easily offended!!! Enjoy, we certainly did!!! "

• Travel date: 9th August 2008

Hotels near Ali Baba Hotel

Top traveller tips for Ali Baba Hotel

• by Kwacker

"Buy or take crocks or footwear 4 the beach .."

• by markw4634

"Ask the staff for advice on where to eat etc "

• by stella

"well relaxted or if woht night life east to find"

• by canim

"Restaurants do great deals i love real authentic turkish food and got that in xcess but great choice"

• by canim

"I totally love everywhere in turkey. If gumbet also take the cheap dolmus into Bodrum :-)"

• by maltz

"Visit Heaven and shakers club to dance the night away."

• by nick_latham

"Jasmin garden,carpe deiem,dennys,Jacks place"

• by ben murphy

"Jasm?n Garden, Carped?em, Jacks."

Ali Baba Hotel is also called