Good

Nice place, Bad Management!

Reviewed Sat 1st of December 2012

"The hotel is a little bit out of town but it has a nice sea view and a swimming pool, but I agree with some of the reviews that the management is very unprofessional!

I stayed there for 2 nights. I booked a 1-day boat trip to Butterfly Valley for the next day when I arrived. Next morning, I waited at the lobby for the pick up at 9am as I was told. But no one came to pick me up until around 9:40am so I asked the staff at the desk. After a few phone calls they told me that they have picked up another girl (a friend of them who were also going for the tour but paid only half price because she will go to the marina HERSELF). The staff there asked the boat company to give her a free ride and they just abandoned me in the hotel because they thought she was me!!! The worst thing is that when i confronted them they said I should have told them earlier and they could not do anyting about it!!! When I tried to ask whether they could help me with the transport, this is what he exactly said, ' Sorry, it is not possible. ...We are very busy so are there any other questions?' What a service! It was me who suggested that I would join another tour to the 12 islands (same price and leave at 10am). This is the only full day for me in Feithye and I don't want to waste it!

After that, i lost all my confidence to this hotel. As I have paid everything in Istanbul before I came here, I needed them to get the bus ticket to Pamukale for the next day. So I asked them to confirm it serveral times the day before i left and they promised that they would give me the bus ticket after I came back from the boat trip. There also will be a pick up service from the hotel half an hour before the departure. So when i came back from the boat trip on that day. I asked them again. It seemed that they forgot all our conversation in the morning and started to write me a voucher at midnight! And you can guess that there was no pick up service neither. I have to catch a Dolmus and I was almost late. I think it is okay for me to pay for the Dolmus but please don't tell me that I should wait for the pick up that never arrives!!!

I have been to a lot of hostels/hotels in Turkey and so far they are all very friendly, helpful and professional. This is the worst hostel i have ever been and I do not recommend anyone to stay there unless you are their best friends/girlfriends so they will try and help."

• Travel date: Sun 7th of June 2009

Nice hotel, a little far out of town

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"This hotel is about a 15 minute walk out of the main town, or a short dolmus ride. Which is okay unless you end up going in and out of town three times in one day! Dinner was basic and the only reason we ate there was to save the walk as there are no other dining options nearby. Rooms were adequate. Internet reception was really only a possibility in some of the rooms. Swimming pool and terrace are the positives of being further out of town. Staff helpful and friendly at all times."

• Travel date: Sat 30th of May 2009

Unprofessional service, ok room

Reviewed Mon 26th of November 2012

"My husband & I spent one night here before a cruise, and I'm glad it was a short stay. The facility is nice, our room was clean, good sized, and overlooking the pool and the bay. The dinner on the terrace was OK, but not great value, however it saved us a long trek into town.
I found it was very noisy at night; with other travellers coming and going. Then the manager and his girlfriend spent several hours in the middle of the night having a very loud, and rather scary quarrel right outside our room. Overall I found the service to be poor; not helpful & unprofessional."

• Travel date: Sat 18th of April 2009

Nice Place, Good Location

Reviewed Mon 24th of December 2012

"We had just been on V-Go's blue cruise (which was awesome) and ended up here for 1 night. Clean, nice pool, helpful staff."

• Travel date: Mon 26th of January 2009

65 Bug Bites from V Go!!!!!

Reviewed Mon 24th of December 2012

"Our room wasn't reserved (we booked through hostelbookers.com). So, we had to sleep in a dorm with smelly people. The air conditioner was broken. Staff didn't care about any of this. I got 65 big, terrible bug bites while sleeping. They are still here and itchy 1 week later.

Don't go."

• Travel date: Sun 7th of September 2008

Don't stay here

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"Unfortunately we had a really dissapointing stay at V-Go - the Turkish management were bodering on surly. I was bitten quite badly by bed bugs and the manager barely offered an apology.

I would not stay here again if you paid me.

On teh other hadn, teh V-Go Gulet cruise was fantastic."

• Travel date: Tue 19th of August 2008

Loved the V-GO's Hotel!

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"My husband and I booked the V-GO's Hotel through this agency in Istanbul (Roadrunner) for 3 nights.
Upon our arrival in Fethiye we were picked up from the bus station - 11:30 pm! First impression was very good and when we arrived at the hotel it only got better. Very clean room with balcony. We woke up to this beautiful view of the bay of Fethiye the next morning.
Breakfast was served on the roof top terrace - very good!
We thought the staff working here was very helpful and always smiling. I had lost my diary and they got out of their way to help me getting it back!
We were sad to leave this place after 3 nights... but the cruise we got on to Olympos was almost even better!! We cruised with Sevi 5 and had the best 4 days of our travels so far.
V-GO rocks!"

• Travel date: Tue 17th of June 2008

V-Go? No Go, More Like

Reviewed Sat 1st of December 2012

"We're travelling by Fez Bus through Turkey over the next month or so and picked this "hotel" from their recommended choices. Well, it used to be; it seems like it's no longer on the list and we can see why.

Upon arriving the hotel had us booked in from the next day and only after we had shown them our confirmation email did they seem to want to honour their booking. This ended up with us getting the only spare double room left, which was small and not what we expected.

The room has been newly decorated which is nice and the bed is super comfy, however, lack of space is poor (and they most certainly do have bigger rooms available which considering we're staying for a number of days is what we'd have expected) and that's your lot.

No TV, no air con (an additional "extra" at YTL 10/day) but on the plus free internet.

The bathroom is a fair size, but the shower is poor- power weak, the unit leaks water onto the floor so you get wet feet when on the loo, and the head attachment is broken, so you can't even hang it up.

We also dared to ask for a spare pillow on the first night and they seemed to think that one per person was more than adequate and that all pillows were being used. Fortunately a couple were found sharpish before vocal chords became strained...

Generally its noisy as it is used more by transient pack-packers staying the odd night between boat trips or passing on their way to other places and for the odd night it's OK. However, it's a good 15-20 minute walk into town with no facilities for dining or a beer around. A dolmus (taxi-bus)can be hailed for YTL 1.25 quite easily though.

Final comments? The staff seemed surly, unhelpful and as if we're an inconvenience to them. Perhaps we are, but don't make the same mistake in staying any longer than the odd night.

And expect to see numerous signs prohibiting any kind room sharing, bringing in of sleeping bags (they will confiscated), banning your own snacks and drinks- the list of DON'Ts is endless and quite rude and pompous. I don't like being treated like a child..."

• Travel date: Tue 10th of June 2008

Stay away!

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"We arrive late. The staff didn't pick us up from the bus station as they were supposed to. Room was unclean, bathroom was dirty (e.g. hair stuck in the drains). Location is bad --- quite a hike into the main town. Staff aren't friendly or helpful."

• Travel date: Tue 27th of November 2007

Post-cruise hotel

Reviewed Mon 26th of November 2012

"After our terrific V-Go Blue Cruise from Demre to Fethiye, we were booked into the V-Go Hotel & Guesthouse.

On the downside, the hotel is not very close to the downtown market area of Fethiye. However you can walk a block down the hill and catch a dolmus for the quick drive into the downtown area for 1TL. They seem to run pretty frequently.

On the upside, this hotel has a great pool and a lovely view of the marina. Most of the rooms seem to have balconies (ours did).

The breakfast patio on the top floor is a little small for the number of people in the hotel, but the food was fine.

The website for this hotel is [--]

Also, we'd highly recommend doing a Blue Cruise through V-Go. Their boat crews are great. The food on our cruise was amazing. The boats are well maintained. You pay extra for drinks onboard, but everything is very reasonably priced."

• Travel date: Thu 24th of May 2007