Don't worry-good hotel!!

Reviewed 9th September 2013

"We are a young family of 5 and I followed the reviews for this Hotel for weeks. By the time it was our holiday I was really worried,..., but no(!!!) this Hotel is nice and absolutely okay. Turkey is a super holiday destination and yes, some areas of the hotel could do with being renovated and 'freshened up' , but all the outside areas are great, safe and clean! There is always something on offer,...entertainment/food(Lovely!!!!!) nature. We are not into 'loud fun' and if you like to eat in different restaurants this is not the right hotel for you. It really is like a club, ...you there all the time. The bus to Fethiye is easy to catch ,but there is not much different nightlife then the hotel offers anyway. Booking trips can be difficult if you have booked with a small independent company as they might not come 'out there'. But you can join them from Fethiye. All the staff are friendly &helpful when you need them, but they don't invade your space ,....Mini Kidsclub is very basic with color /TV ,but you tend to be around the pools&beach anyway so the little one seem busy enough. We stayed here for 9 nights and that was just the right amount to feel relaxed and not getting bored! "

• Travel date: 9th September 2013

Beware the Bulgarians!

Reviewed 1st October 2012

"First part of holiday not too bad. Our apartment was outside of the actual resort with our own private pool which proved to be a bonus. After a few days hordes of Bulgarians arrived. I have never had the misfortune to meet such a rude, arrogant group of people. The children had no manners and spent most of their time making sly digs and laughing at people who were of above average size. I don't speak Bulgarian but I know when I'm having the p... taken out of me! Food not too bad but my kids ate a lot of chips over ten days. Not a lot for them to do either. They did enjoy the swimming pools though. Having said that, there were no lifebelts to be seen and only the sporadic visits of a lifeguard. Staff were mostly friendly, but the entertainers walk about as if they are too good to be spoken to. One Welsh chap was very friendly though. Kids entertainment amounts to a half hour dance routine in the evening which never varied from night to night. Even the entertainers look totally bored rigid with a couldn't care less attitude. Our apartment was very good with two separate bedrooms, bathroom and living area. Kept spotlessly clean by a lovely Turkish lady. what we didn't realise was that this resort is in the middle of nowhere. There is a small cafe/restaurant outside and a shop with very friendly owners. Their goods are the same as the sold on the site, but quite a bit cheaper. One last thing, the free water sports on the beach were well over subscribed and we never got to go anything."

• Travel date: 30th September 2012

Well Below Average

Reviewed 4th September 2012

"Right i have just come back from Lykia Botanika after spending two weeks there, if your happy with below average Food, Rooms , Staff , Drinks then you will be fine, but if like me and you work hard and look forward to a nice holiday once a year THEN PLEASE DON'T BOOK IN WITH THIS HOTEL . trust me there is a lot lot better for about the same price."

• Travel date: 4th September 2012

omg what is wrong with some ppls reviews,so ungrateful

Reviewed 17th June 2012

"Just got home from this hotel and i wouldnt fault it at all,as for peoples attitude to staff what a joke they were fantastic and very pleasant they work some long long hours and im so grateful to them for all their hard work that allows us to have a lovely time,food was lovely loads of different choices,entertainment staff were really really gd(only thing missing was karaoke lol),my room was basic but very clean,im really annoyed at some of the reviews so ungrateful and stuck up if you ask me,im def booking up for next year cant come quick enough."

• Travel date: 16th June 2012

Superb Holiday

Reviewed 6th July 2011

"We spent a week at this complex from 27/06/11 until 04/07/11. We read the reveiws prior to going, We were 4 adults and two kids, 4 and 2 years old. My room was excellent, the staff were mostly very friendly, the bar staff are ok when you make the effort to thank them for the long hours, the animation team are great and work 14 hour days. The beach is ok, The food is brilliant, and what a selection. The complex is beautiful. Overall, I had to look around me to see if I was at the wrong place, after some of the bad reveiws I read about this holiday resort. I do have to say the only downside was the professional complainers were on duty, and you will no doubt read some comments about the toilet paper being not white but ivory, and the water was not hot enough. My family loved the whole package, and will be back soon. "

• Travel date: 5th July 2011

disappointed not as expected

Reviewed 16th May 2011

"late check given ham & cheese roll, room very dark & badly furnished, beds & pillows uncomfortable. phone not working reported on arrival still out of order when we left a week later, had to ask for towels & toilet rolls, very noisy with doors slamming all night long. Entertainment good if you have children, food leaves a lot to be desired always COLD waiters in the dining room stood ready to pounce on your plate, pool area was good but not peacful music most of the day, beach fine. staff not very good. In my opinion this hotel is a 2+ not as advertised, this hotel is to far away from fethiye there is nowhere to go in the evening for a change of scenery, if it is raining there is nowhere to sit inside where you can have a drink you only have the shelter of the pool bar which is open to the elements, very disappointed with the all inclusive snacks not readily available, nothing after evening meal if you were a bit peckished we shall not return to this hotel."

• Travel date: 16th May 2011

Do not book at all

Reviewed 10th February 2011

"Me & my husband had our honeymoon there!!! was horrible hell on earth!!!!!!!! room damp dark!!! food cold!! canten slop!!! drinks watered down!! staff didt even notice us 4 the 1st week!!! rude!!!! wish i read reviews b4 hand1!!!! will not book again even if it was free!!!! "

• Travel date: 5th February 2011

ok

Reviewed 2nd November 2010

"we stayed here 18 oct to 26 out 2010 we had three rooms two were very dark and dismal due to being in the wood,clean and staff very nice , the food is a bit average and only look warm the pool area and slides are ok the beach is ok but not what is advertised ,, a bit tatty round the edges,overall good value for what you pay ,but this hotel and travel agency's, advertise this place as much ,much better than what it actually is,if you do this then you run the risk of many negative complaints ,and this is what is happening,this hotel is not 4 star, not even three ,its two at the very best, "

• Travel date: 2nd November 2010

Not a hellhole!

Reviewed 25th October 2010

"I have just returned back from the Lykia Botanika and was probably there at the same time as the last reviewer. This is the second time to the hotel, the first being May 2010. My brother in law mentioned the mens urinal and I admit it was not good, however, this is a nice hotel. The complex is very pretty and the beach is nice. There is a lovely walk to the beach along a pretty path through the forest with crabs and dragonflies. There were wasps there but they were not as bad as some people claimed. I have been to the Greek Islands many times and they were much worse there! We ended up with a lovely enormous room overlooking the pretty gardens. The room was very nice with matching bedding and curtains, the bathroom had a few cracked tiles but nothing to moan about. I don't know what people are expecting for the money paid (under 300 pounds). It is not a 5 star and never will be! The restaurant is nice and clean and the food is okay, with BBQ is you wish. The animation team are good and work long hours as do all the staff including bar staff. The reception staff are not always the best, but considering the complaints they receive I think they do a good job. The hotel is very clean and there are always cleaners around and the gardens are kept in a good state. I would return to this hotel again and most of the people who we spoke to (we were there from 11/18 May) would definitely return again. We did not speak to one person who moaned about the place, if they had spoke to me I would have given them short change. We also met up with a lady and her family who contacted me through Facebook about this hotel in May, she went in June because of my recommendation, had such a good time and returned the same time as me in October. Some people return year after year! The weather was not brilliant but we still had a good time. If you are looking for a cheap, clean AI deal with lovely surroundings you cannot go wrong with this place, despite other reviews! "

• Travel date: 23rd October 2010

hellhole

Reviewed 21st October 2010

"just recently back from this hotel,worst holiday ever.read reviews before i went ,disregarded the bad ones & read the good ones, never again.the staff were arrogant the food was terrible did not cater for children.pool bar closes when restaurant is open so if you want to sit at the pool side bar you must go & fetch your own drink.as it was October we had some rain can't blame anyone for that but the staff at this hotel had you walk from restaurant to bar with drinks across wet tiles with drinks.when i booked this hotel i booked a family suite on arrival i was handed 2 twin rooms and told to come back the next day to see if there was a suite available.as this hotel is all inclusive we [email protected] expect to spend much in the hotel wrong again kids wanted ice cream which you must pay 4tl also candyfloss machine the thing is your not going to deny your kids this & they know this.toilets at pool has 1 urinal which was choked from the wednesday & still overspilling urine on the saturday.could go on & on put it this way my friends and family nick named this place faulty towers do yourself a favour pay extra & body swerve this hole also do not book with holiday gems thats another story"

• Travel date: 21st October 2010

No Way As Bad As What Others Make out !!!

Reviewed 14th October 2010

"PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE !!!! Dont read the reviews of others and panic if you have booked this hotel already, I too read the reviews after we booked this hotel and was so scared about going with my husband and 3 children but it is no way as bad as what people have made out. We arrived at the hotel about 1.30am like others was told our room was not ready and was taking to another apartment block for the night and was told we would get a room in the morning which we did we also got a free boat trip for our inconvienence. The room in our lykia botanika was massive had 3 single beds in 1 room amd double bed which was more like a king size it was massive bigger than our bed at home also bunk beds the room was so big and clean we was very happy with it. The rooms was cleaned everyday clean towels and sheets everyday water put in the fridge and air con also. The staff was all very nice especially the animation team they was always smiling and happy and did very long hours and always smiling, we was told the reception staff was abrupt but we didnot experience any rudeness from any of the staff. The food .... it could be better but you wont go hungry there is always something on snacks or the main resturant etc they do a bbq every night where there is kebabs, chicken, chops etc something different everynight breakfast is ok there is omlettes and eggs cooked for you infront of you but is basic but there are chips pizza and spaghetti through out the day didnot go hungry at all there is a snack bar at the beach that did burgers sausgaes chips and spaghetti but the WASPS !! are shocking on the beach my little boy got stung on his leg and my daughter got stung on her eye lid very painfull. The beach is lovely there are big cushions to use on the sun loungers and you can get a boat to fetiyhe town I would reccomend shoes for the beach as it is pebbles as well as sand but we spent most of our time on the beach we loved it. The kids loved the pool and slides and you get towels for the beach and pool and you can change them twice daily. Overall we loved our holiday and didnot want to come home especially the kids they loved the mini disco on a evening and the animation team we would go back again its no way as bad as what other reviews have said if you want english food stay in england and if you are a uptight moaning kind of person you wont like this hotel you make your holiday the best you an and we so enjoyed ourselves fantastic !! "

• Travel date: 13th October 2010

Lived out a suitcase the first 2 days!

Reviewed 12th October 2010

"Its a long one!!...My boyfriend and I arrived at this hotel at 1am and was told we had to stay in the hotel's 'annex' for 1 night, we walked back down the dusty road to find a small motel with was called 'Otel Okley' the rooms consisted of 2 tiny single beds, no air con, windows that didn't close and about enough room to stand. We went with 2 other couples and their rooms weren't much better. We were told to go to reception at 10am to get our rooms. The next morning we went to get our rooms only to find they'd given us 1 and said we could stay in the 'annex' for the whole 2 weeks if we wanted!!! As you can imagine we all kicked off and the guy on reception finally told us that the manager was lying, it wasn't an annex and the truth was the hotel was just over booked!!! We managed to get 2 rooms out of them so 2 couples had to share, the third day we finally got all 3 rooms but had to move to the other side so we couldn't unpack till our third day at about 2pm! We got a free boat trip out of them for our inconvenience but apparently they done it to nearly half the guests, mainly the British. The food was nice breakfast was basic but couldn't fault lunch or dinner although there was a lot of wasps around, the 'A la Carte' restaurant was a joke though! Dinner was a fish and one potato!! The animation team were great and we enjoyed the entertainment although it did drag some nights. The all inclusive drinks were ok, not a massive selection but they run out of vodka every night! Bar staff were friendly. The excursions were good though apart from the fishing and horseriding - don't do it! They give u bike helmets for riding hats which they don't size to fit you, they don't give you any instructions on how to ride i was having to help people myself and i haven't ridden for 5 years! The track was up and down steep mountains the horses looked sad and unhealthy they were almost programmed like robots. One girl in front of me has never ridden and her horse slid down one hill tumbled over head first with her on top she came flying off, it was very scary. Overall we had a good holiday but i'd never stay here again the reception staff were SO rude especially the manager and girl (who tried calling my boyfriend a liar as the maid helped herself to he's english money left on the side) - she thought it was a tip!!! How rude! We would go back to Turkey but stay in Calis Beach (we had a beautiful meal in BellaMamma's and it was so cheap) or Olu Deniz there's so much more to do, shops, restaurants, bars etc the Lykia Botankia is in the middle of nowhere."

• Travel date: 12th October 2010
  • ...

Hotels near Lykia Botanika Beach & Fun Club

Top traveller tips for Lykia Botanika Beach & Fun Club

• by Mrs C.

"This really is a Club Hotel and a little bit like a village,...make sure that this is what you want from a holiday."

• by Lorraine M

"A trip to the Tuesday Market in Fethiye which is brilliant."

• by ally

"Show the staff some thanks, they are nice"

• by globe trotter

"make food better, some where comfortable to sit, more option for all inclusive snack"

• by kodypink

"loved it would go again !! "

• by kalurose

"Don't expect much, stay elsewhere"

• by zoezoo

"please find another hotel"

• by smiley girl1227

"Lovely clean hotel with friendly staff"

• by Niknat

"Turkey beautiful country, do not go to this hotel "

• by JaSi

"Turkey is amazing - so many places to visit. "

• by burty

"Visit the ghost town, take a boat trip - cheaper to book in Fethiye, "

• by smileyrileys

"Dalayan river boat trip"

• by Miss.A.Membry

"it about 20-30 minutes away from Lykia Botanika"

Lykia Botanika Beach & Fun Club is also called

• Lykia Botanika
  • lykia botanika fethiye
  • lykia botanika hotel fethiye