Hillside Beach Club

Kayakoy Mahallesi, Belen Cad. No: 132, Fethiye 48300 Turkey

Amazing Amazing Amazing

"This is by far the most fantastic holiday ever, your every need is catered for, the kids club is phenominal, the food great, spa wonderful, the kids had an amazing time, and we had a real chance to relax. The evenings are great too!! they have entertainment every night mostly in the outdoor theatre which are proffessional shows and entertainment. This is our 3rd time at the Hillside and would most definately go back every year."

• Travel date: Wed 3rd of May 2006

A couple's view of hillside with no kids

Good

"a lot of the reviews on this site are from families and although the hillside website advertises for couples and honeymooners we were worried that our holiday may be spolit by thoughtless parents and their offspring. nothing against kids and families i just do not want them ruining my holiday.

the basics of hillside are well covered on here already and it is indeed a lovely place set in it's own bay on an estate of 120,000 acres of pine forest. we booked via a thomas cook package (thomas cook airlines are extremely cramped by the way) mainly because of the reviews on here and the saturday daytime flights and hoped that as the school holidays had all finished it would be fairly quiet and relaxing.

we asked for a quiet room and were put in block 4 which is at one end of the resort and i suspect reserved for couples and those without children. the room was lovely and looked out across the water although only one of the partial view rooms. the resort has approx. 1/3rd of seafront area reserved for adults and children are banned. there is an entire adult beach and also a pontoon over the water all child free. our room was directly above the adult only pontoon and beach. in many ways this is the best of both worlds for everyone and i have to say worked really well. you do obviously get the odd idiot that thinks they can ignore the rules but luckily the hotel management tried hard to gently enforce the rules for the good of all guests.

the food is fantastic and possibly the best i have ever encountered anywhere in the world for this sort of buffet operation. the staff are happy and friendly. even the cleaners add the extra touch with flowers left on the bed everynight. smoking is a problem though without any no smoking zones in the restaurants people seem to be happy to puff away all over the kids and the non smokers. hopefully this will change as turkey moves more towards european standards on these issues. the beach towels were also a little hard and fluffyless but really i am clutching at strawers to find anything much wrong.

we had a lovely time, no i would'nt want to visit during the school holidays and i would probably book direct next time to avoid the transfer bus full of a few brit families and their kids shouting about how many times they have been to beachside before, selling dodgy gear on ebay, essex pubs etc etc etc. but yes i would highly recommend for couples looking for a lovely place and a resort that goes the extra mile."

• Travel date: Sun 30th of April 2006

The Best Ever

"It was an amazing holiday ever. We have been to many holiday villages all over the world (mallorca, greece, italy, etc.) but we have never seen such nature and sea anywhere. Besides the amazing nature, the staff, food quality, and activity choices are adding value to Hillside Beach Club.

My daughter was crazy about the Kid Side, especially Ismail (Kid Side's chief)and games. He didn't even wanted to be with us during the day.

While my son was in Kid Side, I had time to forget everything for 50 minutes at the one of the SPAs - Nature SPA of the hotel, taking a massage from the Balinese therapists.

My husband had a chance to join many activities, like ATV motorbiking, catamaran lessons, wakeboard, archery.. He went back to his 20s again :)

I felt like in heaven at the main restaurant after a very long diet period with the variety of food.. You have to try the delicious meals prepared by Unal -the Chef- and desserts by Yakup -asst. Chef-

We already booked for August and this time coming over with our friends."

• Travel date: Fri 24th of March 2006

Like a rubber ball....

Good

"My family of two parent + two boys (6+8) went to Hillside Beach Club last August. We were recommended it by several couples we had met at Lykia World (another Turkish family resort). It was probably OUR best holiday ever - we all came away happy & relaxed - there was something for us all that made the holiday great.

The accommodation is lovely, all arrange down a steep hillside (with mini funicular railways for those who don’t fancy the steps) so that every room has a see view over the lovely bay, and no one looks in. The rooms are arranged around a central lounge-cum-balcony, and the well decorated/fitted rooms radiate from this. The rooms are kept very clean.

The restaurants are to die for, with an amazing spread to choose from, so that even the fussiest child, or fad diet crazed wife can get what they want.

The facilities for kids are fantastic, and the clubs were well liked and much more “open” than any I have previously experienced. It’s a relatively small (compared to Lykia world) complex, and the kids can always find you.

All the staff, without exception were very helpful, polite, and friendly and amiable and is one of Hillsides greatest assets.

While the wives sunbathed & spa’d we made use of the archery range, canoes, catamarans and gym – perhaps next year I will make use of the on-site dive shop?

I can guarantee you this has not even the slightest feel of a butlins, this is classy (not stuffy), relaxed holidaying at its best. Even without the kids I would still consider this resort.

We booked this years holiday to Hillside again, the day we got back!"

• Travel date: Mon 20th of March 2006

Words cannot describe!!

"I have been to Hillside Beach 8 times!! It is truly magaical. I have been in Auguest and September and the weather has been amazing!! Its just a wonderful place to be, the food, staff and shows were up tp 1st class standards all the time. The shows were every night there wasnt a moment where i was bored at all. Watersports were great they had a beach party every friday night which was great truly amazing to watch. I would recommended this to ANYONE just a great place to be. If anyone doesnt like Hillside Beach there is something wrong with them."

• Travel date: Wed 1st of March 2006

Heaven on Earth

Good

"We stayed at Hillside for 2 weeks and it was absolutely amazing.

Hillside is a place where you can do as much or as little as you wish. There are two Spas offering blissful treatments and a dedicated team organising excursions out & about round Turkey. These cost slightly less than the tours offered from your Travel Agent. And if thats not enough, EVERY room has a sea view!

If you want to relax on a sun bed you have so many places to choose from. Sun beds and matress sized cushions are dotted around the pool, decking, on the beach and on a floating deck in the sea. There is even a silent beach just for adults.

The staff are fantastic - especially in the main restuarant. There is such a huge variety of food available every night in the main resturant, you will be spoilt for choice. There are also two other resturants on the beach front. Reservations need to be made for these.

Hillside offers extras like no other hotel I have been too. On Monday nights they had a floating cinema in the sea and you were able to snuggle up on sun beds on the beach ( blankets & popcorn provided) and watch the movie. Fresh towels were available all day on the beach/pool and frozen face cloths were brought round every afternoon. Each morning at breakfast a booklet of the days events would be supplied, detailing the weather report for the day, excursions available and the evening show.

The entertainment in the eveining was great - there are shows at the amphitheatre every night at 9.30. One evening in particular, the watersports team performed a show on the sea which was followed by the a truly breathtaking firework display.

There is a doctor on site 24 hours a day. Antibotics cost the same as in the UK and when ordered arrived within a few hours of seeing the doctor, from the local hospital.

If you fancy a trip to the town of Fethiye - there is a hotel bus every few hours. There is a small charge for this of about £1.50. Alternatively a taxi journey was about £7.

All in all it was a piece of paradise and we will be arranging to come back as soon as possible."

• Travel date: Fri 6th of January 2006

I will always lvoe hillside

"I have benn to Hillside Beach Club 5 times now. It is still amazing. The first time I went I walked through the reception into the blazing sun and all I could see was happiness, beauty and nature. It was wonderful.
There is lots for the kids to do (a great kids club) and you will never be bored. But it's not really ht sort of hotel for a honeymoon. It's a bit too lively for that!
At night you will remain entertained until late. With great shows in the ampi-thearte and fun afterwards I really enjoy my stays there.
There is a wonderful bird santuary at the front of the hotel. It also has guinea pigs in, happy to be there.
I would reccomend it to some-one seeking a great holiday that they want to rememebr"

• Travel date: Fri 25th of November 2005

Unique and very special

"Our family of 4 have just got back from the very special Hillside Beach Club! The location is stunning, the food is just unbelievable - huge choice and fabulous! The staff are the friendliest I have ever met particularly with the children. One warning, if you go October half term the evenings are very chilly. Although they set up big fires through the bar and give out large blankets, make sure you have warm clothes! Daytimes were beautifully warm and sunny. We will go back as I think the biggest problem now is finding somewhere to top it for value for money."

• Travel date: Fri 4th of November 2005

1st class

Good

"What can i say? in one word? - Perfect! We seemed the odd ones out as most of the people we chatted to were on their 2nd or 3rd trip here, some even more! In our opinion: We had the best 2 weeks ever! Family rooms were great all overlooking the sea and wow what a view! Food is just too good! location is superb, staff couldnt do enough for you, all are very happy and friendly... Believe everything people say about this place coz its all true! Re-booked for next summer and all of us cant wait to return!"

• Travel date: Tue 4th of October 2005

Like they all say, it's superb

"Hardly seems worth writing this as everyone else has said it already but it really is a top quality place. We are very fussy and so are our kids but we all agree this is the best beach holiday ever and not by any means the most expensive. We were told about it by friends and thought it couldn't be as good as they said - but it was. I thought the ents would be naff but they were really good fun and high quality. The kids club is not run on the usual regimental system and hence they love it and want to go. The food really is wonderful, makes eating healthily a pleasure, and the rooms, whilst not posh, are really classy. The staff are genuinely friendly, especially to children, and keen to please, with none of that barely concealed surliness you often get elsewhere. Little extra touches at no cost show how customer-oriented the place is, eg extraordinary open air gala dinner and fireworks for the end of the season - we were there the last week of the season and there wasn't that sense of it being all over and nobody caring too much like we've had elsewhere at that time of year. If I ran a beach club, I'd want it to be like this. Also nice that there are lots of different nationalities here, not just English, and never any fights for sunbeds!"

• Travel date: Thu 15th of September 2005

The most relaxing holiday we have ever h...

"The most relaxing holiday we have ever had with the children, you really never feel the desire to step outside of this luxury resort. Our children were 12 and 8 and said it was the best holiday they have ever had! It would also suit couples without children and families with younger children or older teenagers. There are 3 magnificent beaches ( 1 for adults only called the silent beach), all 3 are very clean, as is the whole resort. A choice of 3 restaurants, again 1 for adults only, the food in the 2 we ate in was absolutely fantastic, something for even the fussiest of eaters. Fantastic kids clubs, for children of all ages, watersports on offer and a nightclub. The evening entertainment was like watching a west end show and there was something different on every evening. The staff smile all the time and cannot do enough for you. I do not think we saw one miserable face in the whole 10 days we were there. We will definitely be making a return visit. "

• Travel date: Mon 18th of August 2008

We visited Hillside Beach Club for the f...

Good

"We visited Hillside Beach Club for the first time last year for only 1 week.

We are now counting the weeks until we return but for 2 weeks this year in July.

Hillside is everything it is said to be, Paradise on Earth it is. Everything was perfect. The choice of food was exceptional as was the service we received.

Our waiter Fetzi was exceptional; we hope he is still there this year. On the few occasions when we were unable to sit at one of the table he was waiting at, he made a point of coming over to us to check we were being looked after properly.

While dining outside at The Pasha on the Bay, a waiter notice me shiver and immediately put a blanket around my shoulders.

We especially liked the Silent beach and will be making full use of that this year.

Everyone who works there is so polite, nothing is too much trouble. Every day we had flowers not only in our room but in the bathroom too.

We saw Hillside in a magazine while on a plane flying back from Greece and from the photo and right up knew we had to stay there.

Anyone who reads this please go and see for yourself. It really is all it says it is."

• Travel date: Thu 28th of June 2007

Hotels near Hillside Beach Club

Stayed at Hillside Beach Club? Share your insight.

Hillside Beach Club is also called