POOL

Enjoyed the quietness

Reviewed 9th December 2012

"Just returned from the Harman, having had a winter break. We were the only continuous residents and groups of people would come and stay overnight. It did get cold at night and we needed a coupld of blankets most nights. Central heating would be put on if groups of people were staying in the hotel, otherwise you had to be cold. Staff most of the time were friendly except for a few mood swings by a waiter. However, nothing to worry about. Rooms were satisfactory and towels changed every other day. Like previously said carpet looked like it needed a hoover. On the whole the Harman was okay and they did try to make it friendly for us. Well the question is would we go back there and I must say yes we would but in the warmer months."

• Travel date: 1st March 2009

Great Hotel

Reviewed 25th November 2012

"A great find, I highly recommend. Very clean, staff very friendly. All in all an excellent place to stay. 10 minutes stroll to Calis beach front."

• Travel date: 29th September 2008

cheap and almost chearful

Reviewed 10th November 2012

"Its hard to be anything other than neutral. A very pleasing set up to the eye and has enough to make it a great hotel if only they could organise themselves. we were lucky to get our room sorted by 4 in the afternoon and often had no clean towels. the bed covers were tiny and we were sure that the floor was not cleaned during our 2 week stay. One day i did have wet bed linen put on the bed - we put this down to the fact that they rotated just enough linen to tick over. the bar and snack area was good on days when someone could understand you and you had staff on that were not intent on bursting you ear drums with the thump of the stereo. it is a 10 minute stroll to the limited shops but the whole area was friendly and you did not feel any hassle at all. The restaurants are very good value and their are plenty to choose from. Now the question everyone is going to ask - would we go back - the answer is not unless we could not find a better hotel nearer to the front. The owner is very helpful and her English is fantastic so was able to sort our problems."

• Travel date: 25th August 2008

DONT DO IT, This Hotel is run by a coupl...

Reviewed 23rd July 2008

"DONT DO IT, This Hotel is run by a couple who openly admit to hating the British. They are rude, arguementative and violent, Its amazing how many swear words they can say to one person in Turkish. the Hotel itself is a 2 star not 3, The staff employed are lovely but have very limited English and find it very hard to understand what you are saying It is very basic hotel, but also very dirty, the rooms are cleaned every day but you will only get clean sheets and towels every 5-6 days, if you leave your dirty towels on the bathroom floor to be changed they are taken away and you dont get new ones. The view from our balcony was suppost to be land view, we got a rubbish tip old beds, matresses, chairs, even dog excretement, and trust me it stinks!!! There is one plug socket in the room, which everytime we used it the whole floor was left without any electric, it was the same of other rooms, the water from the shower is constantly cold, The light switch was hanging out the wall, very dangerous when you have a 1 year old. The breakfast is set menu, which means it is the same everyday and that is very pitiful, we were half board, again set menu, we were told if we did not want or like what they served we could buy from the main menu, again very pitiful portions and not always cooked well, often burnt. We did not get any food for my 1 year old as they had not been paid for him to eat, in fact they did not even set table with a chair for him. You are not allowed to bring any food or drink into hotel, and your room will be searched, ours was fridge, wardrobes and cases, duty free was taken out of cases and not returned. The pool is not very clean, in fact it gets cleaned about every three days, it has a big greasy tide mark all around it, as well as broken tiles, plenty of injuries reported by guests. There is a lovely little hotel accross the road called the Hati, they welcolme all Harmony guests with open arms, they are used to harmony guests going over in tears. You can use the clean pool, eat a lovely meal and relax. All 24 British guests from the Harmony all enjoyed the meals for two weeks at Hati. I could sit heere all day witing this report because there is so much and none of it is good not about hotel anyway. Bodrum itself is a lovely place to go the scenery is breathtaking, the shops, trips are all worth the look, it is good value for money and hot hot hot. I hope this review helps you make a better choice of hotel than we did and that you enjoy your holiday. "

• Travel date: 23rd July 2008

They ruined my holiday

Reviewed 26th November 2012

"I arrived at the Hotel we were staying for bed and breakfast for 2 weeks and had booked 2 rooms. I was really looking forward to my stay in Turkey as i was meeting up with friends there who i had not seen in 4 months. We chose the Harmon hotel only because there was no other choice. Well i now think i had rather of not visited atall. The staff are very friendly to start with but they need to be watched both myself and my friend were charged for meals we did not even have as we were eating out every night they also made a point of making us feel like we had commited a crime when i had bought a carton of juice to have in my room for overnight as i had got food poisening and needed to take tablets with a drink (as we cant drink there water of course). I had to pay a bill that wasnt mine while they spoke to my Turkish friends like they were the scum of the earth even though we had paid upfront for the hotel. I would say go elsewhere if you want to remember your holiday for the right reasons. I holiday in Turkey 4 times a year so i know the people in this hotel are no reflection on other turkish hotels where normally you get treated with respect if you are paying out good money. Thanks x"

• Travel date: 9th July 2008

great holiday

Reviewed 9th December 2012

"we recently stayed at the Harman Hotel in Calis, Turkey and had a lovely time. The resort was quiet as it was late in the season but there was still plenty of places to eat and drink. There were not many people staying full time at the hotel but every evening two to three coaches would pull up with guests staying overnight. They would arrive about 6pm have dinner and would leave about 7.30am each morning. It was always done very quietly and we were never disturbed. The advantage of this was that whenever we stayed at the hotel during the day we had the pool to ourselves, what a novelty! The rooms were simple but better than other 3 star accommodation we have stayed in - they also had a hairdryer in the bathroom, but it did tend to fry your head it was so powerful. We had booked breakfast which was plentiful and had dinner on two occasions which was nice and very inexpensive. The staff were all very nice and welcoming and a pleasure to know. The hotel itself is about 10 minutes easy walk from the main tourist area. If we visited this area again we would be quite happy to stay at the Harman."

• Travel date: 20th October 2007

loved the harman hotel

Reviewed 25th November 2012

"We have just returned from the harman hotel in calis They arranged my daugthers wedding there was 32 family and friends who stayed there the food they put on was unbelievable you could not fault it the way they decorated every thing we had lovely music we could not have asked for a better place to hold her wedding the staff were so help full they kept use informed every step f the way i would recommend the harman to any one the rooms are nice and clean the pool is lovely the barman is very helpfull as well happy all the time if you are thinking off arrangeing a wedding in turkey go to the harman they realy make you fell welcome and special also its a lovely hotel to have a holiday we will certenly be going back again maria mccann"

• Travel date: 19th September 2007

Wonderful Place

Reviewed 18th December 2012

"We have just returned from our holiday in Turkey.In my party was, myself, my husband,my son and his girlfriend. It was our first visit to Turkey, but it will definitely not be our last. The country is beautiful and the people are warm and very friendly. We stayed at the Harman Hotel which is in Calis(pronounced Chalish). The hotel is lovely. The staff are great and someone is available 24/7. The rooms are fairly basic, but they are cleaned every day. It is spotless.The pool is beautiful and lovely and clean and the water is crystal clear. We stayed on a bed and breakfast basis and we had a traditional turkish breakfast every day, which consisted of Salami,Feta Cheese assortment,Tomatoes,Cucumber,Boiled Egg,Bread,Cereal,Dried Fruit,Natural Yoghurt,Jam,Tea and Coffee. I enjoyed the breakfast but it got a bit monotonous for the rest of my party. So they had a couple of traditional english breakfasts at a restaurant on the beach. We can highly reccommend the Harem Restaurant. the food and service were brilliant. We can also reccommend the Orient Express, again really good. Also Bella Mama's. A little bit more expensive than a few of the other restaurants, but the food is great. On average a 3 course meal in Calis costs about £12.00 per peson and for that you get a great meal. Drinks are pretty good too. A large local beer costs about £1.20. I cannot reccommend Turkey enough. We had a truly great time."

• Travel date: 3rd September 2007

Excellent hotel

Reviewed 18th December 2012

"The Harman Hotel is an excellent hotel with lovely settings. The staff were all very friendly and made us very welcome, they were excellent with our daughter and very helpful. The hotel and rooms were very clean and situated nicely overlooking the pool which didn't get busy and although there weren't many loungers we never struggled to find 3 together at any time of the day.....the only problem that we found was that as there weren't many other English people staying at the hotel the food wasn't what we would have liked and we tended to eat out."

• Travel date: 2nd November 2006

Very nice hotel

Reviewed 26th November 2012

"Location: set in calis, a v.small town about 5km from fethiye. Great if u hire a motorbike to get to fethiye to explore the sites, but if you have elderly maybe better to be closer to fethiye. The close beach had pebbles but few km further and you find sand beach with windsurfind and other watersports. Food: nothing special, filled you and were at good times, i think breakfast finished 10am and dinner was at reasonable time. Staff: Generally good jokey staff, technician took ages to fix our air conditioning remote though. Can be out of order confiscating bottles of water from you (have to buy water from them) but i had a big word with the manager and he left us alone afterwards - 45 guests in our group so we had a lot of dealing power. Rooms: nice rooms, esp. if you get balcony overlooking the pool. Great pool too, decent size and clean. General: generally nice architecture and feel to the hotel, we had a great time for two weeks!"

• Travel date: 4th April 2006

A wonderful holiday at The Harman Hotel

Reviewed 10th November 2012

"My family and I spent a week at The Harman Hotel last year. The rooms were clean and well positioned round the swimming pool. The staff were excellent and it is a family run business which makes all the difference. By the end of the week we knew every ones name there and they knew ours! Good location only a 10 minute walk to the bars and shops. We are trying to book to go there again this year as it was excellent value for money and we look forward to seeing the friendly staff again."

• Travel date: 30th January 2005