Good

Lovely holiday, lovely hotel.

Reviewed Sat 10th of November 2012

"Holidayed at Alba Queen with my husband and son age 12. Arrived when they were having a heatwave and the temp went up to at least 46 degrees!! Too hot to do much more than swim and lie in the shade.
As with all holidays there were good things and bad but I'm glad to say that the good outweighed the bad.
The good things were:
Lovely clean hotel - the staff never seem to stop cleaning.
Almost all of the staff very friendly and there to help.
Air conditioning in rooms brilliant. Often woke up too cold in the night but rather that than too hot.
Despite being mid season never a problem at the bars getting a drink, or a table in the restaurant.
Beach lovely. Soft yellow sand and nice and clean. Sea like a warm bath.
Food - always a good choice. Attractively laid out.
Drinks waiter- served in restaurant.
Water slides brilliant fun.

Bad points:
Same old problem with sunbeds. Had to get up at 6.45 to get sunbeds or risk missing out. Although they say they will remove towels left before 8am I only saw it happen twice in two weeks.
Pool too deep for my son to stand up in (1.4 mtrs). Although he can swim it stopped him being able to play ball games etc (There is a baby pool but no good for a short 12 yr old!!).
Hotel shop very expensive so go prepared with sun lotions etc However shop owner very friendly and likeable.
Entertainment not the best but entertainment team very friendly and they do work hard.
Balcony doors seem to not have the best locks so we hired the safe.

The town of Side is well worth a visit. Lovely ancient monuments. Lots of restaurants and shops selling the 'genuine fakes'!!

Around hotel many little shops, pharmacy and a few bars.

The hotel is great for a family holiday. Maybe not a good choice for an older couple because of the loud music during the day and sometimes loud music at night."

• Travel date: Thu 13th of August 2009

Generally very good

Reviewed Mon 15th of October 2012

"Just been back 1 week from the Alba Queen Hotel. Overall we had a great time. Everything others have described about this hotel are true. Just a couple of bad points, the worst being the sunbed situation. Having read other reviews it would seem that at peak times ie July and Aug the sunbeds are a nightmare, the hotel apparantly have a system where by any towels left before 8am are removed by staff, I think that only happened once during our stay, even so people are down, or shall i say Germans are down at 7am at the latest, reserve 8 beds and one of them sits there for hours guarding them. My partner had to get up and be down by 7.30am as by 8am there were none left. For us this really spoilt things as it stopped us from being up late and being careful about drinking too much as you couldn't get a lie in. On the first day I just removed 3 towels from beds, threw them on the floor and 2 hours later I was confronted by 2 girls, I just claimed there were none there. But I felt bad and didn't want confrontation on my holiday. Also our patio door was broken and it took 3 goes at asking to fix it, eventually the Thomas cook rep got it sorted. So on to the good bits, pool and slides excellent, hotel very clean, food good but the a la carte restaurant, dont expect a feast, food not great there. The entertainment team were very good at getting people involved, beach lovely and clean, we'd go down there late afternoon and swim in the gorgeously warm sea as the sun was coming down. Great beach party every 2 weeks, they take down an incredible rig of music, lights, bars, food and everyone dances on the beach, we left quite early but we heard there was foam later and everyone then got in the sea dancing and the lights were turned round on to the sea. Sounds a bit club 18-30 but not at all, great atmosphere. We found the staff to be either really helpful and friendly or very non English speaking and a bit lazy. I just gave everyone a big smile so think that helped a bit. We only ventured out once to Side but it was so hot we came back very quickly. Temple of Apollo was nice. Walking down the shops bit we were really harrassed by all shopkeepers who will do anything to strike up a conversation to get you in their shop, just be very strong if not interested. Had lovely glass of freshly squeezed orange juice and do try the take away kebab cooked by the flame, really tasty and fresh. Getting the bus was a novelty, you just hail the bus outside the hotel and it stops, once in the terminal get the little tractor thing that takes you in the centre of Side, good for kids. One last warning it was incredibly HOT and our rep told us it had got to over 50 degrees, we bought extra sun cream but its very expensive there so take loads."

• Travel date: Mon 3rd of August 2009

Brilliant Holiday

Reviewed Sat 10th of November 2012

"Stayed at the Alba Queen for 2 weeks in June, had a fantastic time, the only reason it only has 4* is we had a bad experience checking in at 3 in the morning but we had forgot that by the 2nd day! The standard rooms are very nice but quite small perfect for 2 but we had 2 children so had a superior room which was really nice and had 2 sofa beds which were partioned slightly from our double bed which was nice. The first week we were there the air con was centrally controlled and a bit of a pain as it went off at 7pm so if you weren't showered and ready by then it got very stuffy, the air went on full on about the 16th June I think and presume it will stay on until sept time. The staff are all excellent and very helpful not all can speak english but there are enough that can. The food is very good the breakfast is as you would expect in Turkey ie everything but sausage and bacon, lunch is in the main restaurant or you can have pizza, burgers, spag bol etc at the pool and beach bar where again the service is excellent and it is nice to be waited on. We did tip a couple of times and at the end of our holiday and think it is appreciated. You can also get cakes and biscuits from the pool and beach bar all day. Ice cream is served 3-4 at the pool bar and it is worth it my son said it was the best ice cream ever! Dinner is in the main restaurant and always found something nice to eat and my two children, we didn't make it to the al a carte so I can't comment on them.
The pool and slides are great fun and we always managed to get sunbeds, the pool towel service is strange as you have to swap them with the maid between 9-5 when you are normally at the pool so we did go a few days with the same towels as we couldn't catch the maid. The beach is nice soft sand and there are plenty of beds it is a steep incline to the beach which is a bit of a killer on the way back up but we managed, people with walking difficulties or buggies/wheelchaires would probably struggle.
There are a number of shops within walking distance or you can get the dolmus or taxi into Side which is really nice especially at night.
The entertainments team were good and there was always something going on in the day if you wanted it, the kids club looked very good but my two wouldn't go (they never will!) although there were no other english children there when we went I think more and more will start to go. The evening entertainment was as you would expect nothing spectacular but not terrible either, most people after the show sat in the pool bar or the lobby bar. There is a games room next to the lobby bar with pool, ten bin bowling, arcade games etc you do have to pay for these but about the same price as here.
Overall a very good hotel and I am sure anyone would have a great holiday, if people don't want children there the Alba Royal right next door I think is adult only and looked very nice as well. If anyone is going say hello to Memet in the lobby bar Serkan and Veliat the pool bar, there were lots of great staff I just can't remember there names, tell them my little boy dislocated his elbow while we were there and they might remember!"

• Travel date: Wed 15th of July 2009

Fantastic time.

Reviewed Fri 26th of October 2012

"We stayed in the Alba Queen 21st june till the 28th and we loved it. Food was lovely service also top class they could not do enough for you. A la cartes however were very poor we ended up walking out after 2 and half hours of waiting for our main. Beach was very nice. Plenty of space round the pool and my hubby loved the slides. Would go back or try the Alba Royal nextdoor. Any questions please email me."

• Travel date: Mon 29th of June 2009

An amazingly fantastic holiday would go back in a flash!!!

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"We stayed at the Alba Queen from 02/06/09 - 09/06/09, only wish we'd had longer there! We are a couple aged 30/33 and travelled with our 14 year old daughter (who had her birthday out there), her 15 year old ex-boyfriend (don't ask), our 4 year old son and 8 month old daughter.

We were apprehensive as we hadn't found many reviews before we left but we needn't have worried. We had a very easy check-in and were only slightly disappointed not to have adjoining rooms. The rooms were fantastic, lovely decor, very clean, mini bar with soft drinks (replenished daily) and flat screen tvs. Midnight snacks were served which was handy as we arrived late in the evening.

The pool is huge and the waterslides brilliant fun (though we did gain a few bruises)! We were delighted to discover there were ample sunbeds and no early morning rush to get towels out!! The kids pool was half in the shade which was very good for our baby as we didn't want her in the sun. The kids club and mini disco also looked great but our 4 year old was too shy!

The animation team were brilliant, especially Engin, Romeo, Serkan, Erkan, Emine and Selda!! The poll games were a great laugh and there was always plenty to join in with - water polo, water gym, sea gym, football, darts, airgun etc. They made the evening entertainment worth watching!!!

We had no complaints about the food. There was loads of choice and all of our party found lots they enjoyed - even the fussy ones! We found tons of options for our baby (the wheelie highchairs were fun too) and there was always a kids option like sausages/meatballs/chicken nuggats/chips etc. The desserts are absolutely to die for though be prepared that things are not always what they seem!!! There is a waiter service for drinks which was nice and useful when you're trying to get the children's food and your own! The pool bar serves pizza/chips/burgers etc, handy for when you don't want to go inside - it also did ice-creams from 3-4pm which were yummy.

There really is very little I would criticise. We did all get a lot of mosquito bites - make sure your insect repellant contains DEET - ours didn't. The hotel did experience a few power cuts when we were there and we avoided the lift that night but it really wasn't a big issue.

There is a big mix of nationalities, don't expect everyone to be English - what I will say is that EVERYONE, guests and staff, were really friendly and sociable and we made friends from all over Europe. We were very sad to leave, namely because we felt so welcome there and could have easily spend another week.

I could waffle on but you get the gist - FAB hotel!!!"

• Travel date: Fri 12th of June 2009

Fantastic Hotel .. Would deffinatley go back !

Reviewed Sat 8th of December 2012

"Great hotel, just arrived back and had a fantastic holiday. Everything from staff, food, entertainment and cleanliness of the hotel was well up to standard. Lack of english spoken was a slight problem however we did get by and i wouldnt let this put you off. Pool area was huge with plenty of sunbeds available, seperate area for children with mini slides was ideal for families. Evenings was what you made of it, there was the disco but also we went to Club Truva with Alba hotels one evening which is a must if u want a lively late night out."

• Travel date: Sat 6th of June 2009

One word: FANTASTIC VACATION

Reviewed Sat 8th of December 2012

"We just got back from Alba Queen. I have to say: too bad it was only one week. There was three of us, my daughter 2,5 years, my husband & myslef. I m very picky girlfriend, but I have to tell you everything was amazing, start with staff, FOOD, location, cloes to SIDE, great time in SEANTALYA, were we so delphin show, beautiful huge swimming pool, nice sand and see, you dont pay for the umbrellas and sunbeds, mini bar in room ( woter and sodas) free and refill every day, rooms spectaculars, FANTASTIC< FANTASTIC <FANTASTIC"

• Travel date: Wed 3rd of June 2009

fantastic time......

Reviewed Wed 31st of October 2012

"just returned from 2 wks 24hr all inc holiday in alba queen... where do i start food fantastic.. staff fantastic.. hotel fantastic.. my partner and i wanted a relaxing 2wks in the warm and we had it weather very good.. disco open until 3am serving drinks.. lobby bar open until last person had gone to bed.. midnight soup and bread. ice cream 3-4pm unlimited every day.. we had a very nice room on the top floor 5 small terrace very private. shops nearby to brows.. great for kids with their own club.. the staff couldnt do enough for us had such a laugh..beach just a stroll away slightly steep but ok. entertainment wasnt bad on the whole the animation team worked very hard at their shows very passionate about their jobs..amy was lovely she looked after the kids.. the only negative thing i can say is that there wernt many english people but we did make friends with a few germans.. mainly germans..dutch.french. europeons.. the english tented to stick together had lots of fun..the omly other thing was the night flight home.. never again we were late being picked up should have been 3am but ended up 3.30am took an age to get our bags checked in as most other passengers were over the baggage allowance of 20kg and had to pay very strict.. didnt have much time before we were called to board.. warning dont buy any liquids to drink on plane in the airport they will take them off you before you board we payed just under £4 for 2 small bottles of water to drink on the plane had to chuck them.. duty frees ok they seal them when you buy them.. to sum it up fantastic.. looking to go next year but we fear the prices will go up.. oh nearly forgot the hotel is spotless cleaning as you,ve never seen it all day long cleaning floors toilets etc.."

• Travel date: Thu 28th of May 2009

fantastic holiday

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"we have just arrived back after 2 weeks, 1st week alba royal which was fine but transferred to alba queen could not fault this hotel, food fantastic always something for everyone, we had some picky eaters in our group and they were more than happy(our group consisted of 7 people aged between 17-60) plenty for everyone to do and if u didnt there was a lovely pool or the beach to lounge by! staff fantastic work extremely hard so very much appreciate a couple of euro tip after each meal, they even remember what your favourite tipple is and bring it over without having to ask, anyone who complains about this hotel must be very hard to please because we couldnt fault it at all. also animation team excellent, they also work very hard to ensure you enjoy your holiday!! hope this has been helpful."

• Travel date: Sun 24th of May 2009

the overall reception of all members of staff was excellent, really helpful and friendly

Reviewed Mon 17th of December 2012

"the only thing I would say is that the rooms on a daily basis arnt cleaned as they should be. But other than that, the service, politeness, standard from hotel and staff was excellent.
the entertainment staff worked really hard, Romeo was a total star and mingled with all ages... and was really bubbly and friendly. Spoke several different languages and really put himself out for the hotel clients.... as did all the staff.

thank you and will definately be back soon

Su and Brian... Room 2344 3-10 May 09"

• Travel date: Fri 15th of May 2009