Su Hotel

1201 Sokak, Bodrum City 48400 Turkey

Fantastic!

Good

"I stayed at this hotel with my partner in October and had a fantastically relaxing time thanks to the attentive and professional staff and the tranquil atmosphere created at The Su. Our room was beautifully decorated in keeping with the rest of the hotel and the pool area provided a perfect place of calm for us to return to after a day at the beach/market/Ephesus ruins.

Both breakfast and dinner in the evening were equally enjoyable and relaxed affairs with great Turkish food and faultless service.

The central location of the hotel in a residential area meant we could go out and enjoy the Bodrum nightlife easily, yet not be disturbed by music when we wanted an early night.

Highly recommended for couples wanting to get away from it all!"

• Travel date: Mon 16th of October 2006

Roaches And Dirty Room!

"I wanted to write about a terrible recent experience I had at the Su Hotel in Bodrum, Turkey. The following were among the problems I experienced at the Su Hotel:

1.There was a roach in the bathroom of my hotel room.
2.The cleaning staff did not properly clean the room – the first night, I had no toilet paper in the bathroom. The second night, I came back to find clearly dirty sheets on my bed and used glasses in the room.
3.When I told the staff about my problems, they did not even offer a proper apology until I literally said that I was shocked that they had not apologized. No discount or any kind of accommodation was offered. When I told them about the roach, they did not apologize but simply said they would look into it (I even used the Turkish word “hamam” with the English word bug to ensure that there was no misunderstanding since the Turkish call roaches hamam bugs).
4.When I asked for my passport which I had requested to be stored in the hotel safe, the desk clerk started taking other people’s valuables out of the safe and asked me whether they were mine. When he could not locate my passport in the safe, he opened the unlocked desk and showed me three passports, one of which was mine. I was very dismayed that my passport was not even under lock and key (despite his insistence that the office was always locked).
5.I met someone and wanted him to stay overnight at my hotel. To ensure that this complied with Turkish regulations, we called the hotel and were assured that this was okay, so long as he brought his Turkish passport and I paid 30 Euro (60 YTL) extra. We traveled a long way to the hotel after this assurance. Upon arriving, one of the clerks was taking my money and my guest’s passport when the manager suddenly appeared and said that I could not have a guest. When I told him that we had been told it was fine over the phone, he said that he had five staffmembers and could not be accountable for their assurances. Only after arguing and telling him that his hotel was recommended by various guidebooks did he agree to let me have a guest for just that night. I paid 30 Euro extra, and the manager clearly had no problem taking my money, despite his insistence that he was not allowed to have me have a guest over. If it had been the policy to have no guests and was against the law, they should not have let me have anyone in and should have clearly stated that on the phone before I traveled all the way back to my hotel with my guest."

• Travel date: Sun 1st of October 2006

The very best

"We loved the Su Hotel ! We have stayed at many hotels all over the world but this one is definitly a favorite.
The hotel is in an excellent location within a short walking distance to shops nightclubs snd historic sites. The hotel is really a little oasis of calm and serenity.There is a little shop around the corner that is open from early ( not that we got up too early ) till very late, which comes in handy as Bodrum's nightlife is fantastic, and sells everything including alcoholic beverages. If you don't see it just ask and chances are they have it.
The best thing about this hotel is the service and staff !! I have to admit the longer you stay the less you want to leave and we were a bit sad to say goodbye.
The owner seems to always be there ( Zefir Bay ) and is a very charming and gracious host. Deniz in reception is lovely and catered to our every need.
In the evenings if you like, they will prepare a bbq with traditional turkish cuisine combined with an assortment of other dishes and depending on how many people opt for a bbq this can turn into a lovely social occasion.
We found that if we wanted privacy we got it and if we wanted to socialise there were always a few poeple hanging around the pool or bar to have a chat with. I wish I could remember the names of the fantastic bartenders and the rest of the staff to thank them personally for the best time ! We will definitly be back ."

• Travel date: Sun 1st of October 2006

loved the su hotel

"my partner and i stayed at the su for a week in april this year and had a fantastic time. we found the staff to be friendly and helpfull throughout our stay and the surroundings were amazing, we highly recommend it"

• Travel date: Fri 28th of July 2006

Quiet and Relaxing Hotel

Good

"My husband and I stayed at Su Otel for 2 nights in June 2006 after a weeklong Blue Voyage. It was a beautiful hotel with much charm! We loved the hammocks and bright colors. The breakfast was tasty. The location is a little out of the way and it was bothersome to walk on a busy street to get to the town center. A good hotel and good value."

• Travel date: Sun 23rd of July 2006

Lovely Hotel

"Su Hotel is in a very quite place in Bodrum. It’s walking distance to the Bars Street and Mariana. The road to the hotel is kind of scary; busy traffic, but hotel is awesome. Everyone works very hard to make your stay unforgettable."

• Travel date: Sun 23rd of July 2006

Best service on our whole trip....

"Our group of 4 recently traveled to Turkey and Greece for a friend's wedding. Our friend suggested we spend a few days in Bodrum. The Su Hotel was an absolute dream. From the arrival to the departure nothing was less than perfect. They let us sleep until 3pm with no distractions something very rare at any hotel. They gave us great recommendations for beaches, eating and drinking. Extra towels, running out for anything we wanted, custom cocktails poolside (and by poolside I mean bendie straws so we didn't have to get out of the pool). They took us on a 2.5 hr trip to Ephesus and out to an authentic meal on the way back. Dinner by the pool, bottle and bottles of wine, so quiet and tranquil we loved the Su. Tell Ali we said hello and Kim Randall the Americans will be back just as soon as we can get a plane ticket. (They should probably stock up on wine now!)"

• Travel date: Mon 10th of July 2006

The prettiest and most peaceful hotel I've ever used

"And I 've stayed in some of the best hotels in the world, Shagri La, Manadarin, Raffles etc all over the world.

Charming brightly coloured gazebo covered balconies against the stark white of the walls around a beautiful cool pool. Quiet amidst the hubbub of Bodrum and a few minutes walk from the marina. Attentive yet unobtrusive staff. Nothing is too much trouble for owner Zafer and manager Ali.

They also have some delightful traditional stone cottages to rent."

• Travel date: Tue 13th of June 2006

A pretty courtyard oasis

"Though it took a little finding the Su Hotel is well worth the effort. You enter it down an alley between other buildings (car parking is about 100m away) following a path inlaid with blue tile and multicoloured glass fishes to bright blue double gates which open into.....a beautiful courtyard with a pool in the centre surrounded with two-storey white buildings trimmed in primary colours and covered with bougianvillea.

Our room, again white walls with primary colours, was on the ground floor with a small patio with a couple of chairs looking over the pool.

Breakfast was served by the pool. Simple lunches and dinners were available but we headed out and tried out the local restaurants. La Jolla Bistro, by the harbour, served great Mediteranean fuzion!

The staff couldn't have been more helpful in arranging the early return of our hire car - but - be warned they charge 50 Euro for airport transfer."

• Travel date: Wed 7th of June 2006

Away From the Madness

Good

"Bodrum is a wonderful city which is probably why it so overrun with tourists. We found the Su after extensive web searching including Trip Advisor. If you're looking for a place that's quiet, restful and very much anti-Bodrum in the sense that it's not big, loud and on an overcrowded beach, then this is it.

The Su is tucked away down a narrow lane in the old part of the city. Unlike most people who go to Bodrum and stay at one of the resorts outside of the city proper, you can walk everywhere from the Su. It should appeal to couples who are interested in seeing the sights of Bodrum - the fantastic castle, the marina, what remains of the mausoleum and of course the manic bazaar.
Other reviewers have described the wonderfully colourful rooms centred around the pool and the helpful staff. We agree entirely.

On our last night of a three night stay the staff approached the guests as they arrived back from whatever and wondered if we'd like them to cook a special meal on the grill outside the open air lounge. It was a fabulous fish dinner at less cost than most in the overpriced restaurants downtown. It had the added benefit of allowing everybody to meet each other. A great time.

The only drawback to the Su is that the alley on which it is located runs off a ridiculously narrow street that somehow has become a raceway. Beware."

• Travel date: Mon 3rd of October 2005

Fabulous, clourful little Oasis. We did...

"Fabulous, clourful little Oasis. We did stay there one week. Room was very comfortable with air-condition and balcony. Breakfast and dinner was realy delicious. Hotel is right in the centere of town and easy to walk everywhere realy. And it is quite location. Stuff is great, helpful, smiley and room is spotless clean. We will deffinetly come back again."

• Travel date: Wed 2nd of July 2008

Su Hotel is a fabulous find. Bodrum is...

"Su Hotel is a fabulous find.

Bodrum is a great place to entertain yourself - from ancient sites to a music playing culture, and loads of boats it's one of those places that you really want to go back to. The Hotel is in the centre of the pretty frantic resort but it has its own special character.

Hidden away in an alleyway but very close walking to the harbour, shops, and transport so you do not really need a car although they have a car park if you need one.

There is a lovely swimming pool (in the centre of the town!) and it's all very colourful. I particularly liked the garden area which has a host of Mediterranean plants and lots of areas for quiet sunbathing and relaxing.

We splashed out on the suite which provided everything that we wanted - cool air-conditioning if we got too hot and great shower, towels, and linen. It became a home from home and we were particularly sad to leave. Zafer, the manager, and Ali were always around - not too intrusive - they catered for all of our whims.

The food at the restaurant was some of the best in Bodrum at a very reasonable price. Enchanting setting - well lit and at night it was really romantic.

No hesitation in recommending."

• Travel date: Tue 18th of December 2007

Hotels near Su Hotel

Stayed at Su Hotel? Share your insight.

Su Hotel is also called