About Rixos Premium Bodrum

• water park

1922

Food Poisoning

Reviewed Thu 26th of July 2018

"We spent a week holiday Rixos Bodrum in May 2018. Last day I had terrible food poisoning which made me very sick and unwell. They took me to a local clinic which charged me £300 for an hour. Hotel promised to make the payment back to us but never did. They also let me travel back very unwell, didn't even offer us to stay one more day. We had very limited budget and had to travel very unwell back to UK.

Managers of Rixos were very unprofessional and didn't know how to manage the situation except sending foods to my room which I couldn't eat at all. They still didn't pay back the money they owe us. Stay away from Rixos hotels."

• Travel date: Tue 1st of May 2018

Fantastic

Reviewed Tue 20th of July 2010

"I recently went, middle june2010, with four friends. We had a wonderful time and all agree it was the best holiday we have had. The hotel was spotless and having maid service everyday was lovely. We did get upgraded to a delux suit as the standard room was not big enough for 3 ladies getting ready, the third bed was a camp bed but our tour rep was extremely helpful. Our other friends had a standard double ground floor which I would not advise as dark inside.
The pool and beds were wonderful and there was no fighting over beds and every bed had a sun parasole. The children's pool with slides was well away from the main pool. The gardens were beautiful and well maintained.
The food was superb, plenty of variety to cater for all. We had 2 Al a carte included and the food was wonderful. All the waiters were friendly and worked so hard.
The island was closed for entrainment but we did go over and have a look around what a wonderful place. Entertainment was excellent, something for all even the disco!
Hope to go back next year....saving up now!!!"

• Travel date: Sun 18th of July 2010

Do not recommend Rixos, Bodrum!

Reviewed Mon 22nd of June 2009

"As we enjoyed our 1 week holiday last year, we (3 persons) decided to go back this year(11 days).
Bad decision!
We booked 3 rooms close to each other. When we arrived (10 a.m.) the rooms were not ready until 8 p.m. We had to wait.
At 8 they gave us rooms on either sides of the complex; Average walking distance 10 minutes. As the hotel was overbooked (recently the hotel lowered its prices in order to attract more guests), they did not have an alternative available. The following day, they gave us rooms in the basement, with a view to a blind wall... Only after we involved the touroperator we received decent rooms.
The Turkish men do not like to deal with professional Western women.
The rooms do not have air-conditioning, only a fan. At night it become to hoot to sleep. The beaches are too crowded. Last year's Turkish bed-like parasols have been replaced with wicker parasols. After 10 a.m. there is no lounger available.
The restaurants are great but it's almost impossible to reserve them. Due to the high occupancy, it takes a miracle to actually get through to the reservations board and when you finally get through, all the restaurants are full!
The inclusive boat trips are cancelled. Now there is an extra charge.
Even the a la carte restaurants offer dishes/drinks for an additional charge, like ice-creams, wines, certain seafood.
As the hotel lowered its prices, it attracted an entire new genre of people this year.... not the classiest of the planet! Rude, ill -mannered and heavy drinkers!

We recommend: do not go there! There are better hotels for more affordable prices.

• Travel date: Sun 21st of June 2009

Rixos Bodrum

Reviewed Thu 6th of November 2008

"I booked this holiday only six days before we left. I think I got a good deal, especially as it was an all inclusive holiday.
It was my first trip to Turkey, I travelled with my 15 year old daughter. I chose the Rixos simply as it was on offer for a late deal, plus the reviews were good, the weather in Turkey was good at the end of October and it was a five star hotel.
I found this holiday to be one of huge contrasts.
Turkey....the negative aspects. There seems to be just men everywhere in Bodrum, where are all the women? Are they at home? The men leered at my daughter and made it completely obvious at the same time.
I also witnessed an incredibly awful man purposefully drive his car over an innocent dog that was simply lying by the pavement eating food. People in the steet were screaming and children crying, I confronted him, and he attacked me.
The hotel...The negative aspects:
Our room was simply too far away from the main complex and swimming pool. The walk was 6-10 minutes depending on which part of the complex I was walking from. Plus it was uphill all the way. This is definately not a hotel for the infirm and elderly. So sometimesd if you had to nip back to your room for something, a camera, sun cream? the walk there and back within a hotel, could be 12-20 minutes!
The room was a disappointment. About the same size as a Travelodge, but with a hard floor and better furnished. In no way was the room a five star room, more 3.5 star. The balcony was large, but we could not see the sea properly due to pine trees obscuring our view.
Walking to the room was a little like walking through streets, often steps up to the rooms were poorly lit or not at all, I actually fell one evening due to lack of light. Plus I was also worried about my daughter walking back on her own, and only allowed her to go back in daylight.
One of the most frustrating things was the noise from the disco's, it was really loud and disturbed our sleep really badly. The music went on till after 1am every night.
When we were there the hotel pool was too cold (Last week in October), but the sea was bearable.
There were watersports on offer, canoeing and pedalo's are free, but motorized sports like jet ski's etc were far to expensive.
Thomas Cook reps were conspicuous by their absence, saw them on day one, then never again.
The good things of which there were many.
The hotel itself (the lobby and reception) is definately five star, huge and immaculate and really well furnished..pity ou room felt a million miles away.
The staff were excellent, completely different to the people on the streets. They were courteous, professional and did not require tips.
The hotel was incredibly clean, immaculate.
The food was fantastic, lots of choice, probably a choice of 25 different sweet dishes alone. We never went to an A la Carte restaurant, simply because we didn't need to.
Lots of bars around the complex, which meant drinks were easy to get hold of all day.
A lovely beach, but I can imagine in the summer it would be too small for the number of guests.
Lots of sunloungers, although the usual suspects reserved the same speck with their towels every day.
The sea was beautiful, crystal clear and just about warm enough to swim in (last week in October).
Just some hints (my opinion of course). Forget the day trip to Kos. There'is nothing there to keep you intersted for more than an hour. Plus it's a long day when you could be enjoying the hotel. Everytbody we met were bored stiff.
The party night is basically a pub crawl with Karaoke..waste of time.
Shoppers delight is ok...but the Gold centre part is a joke, they try and sell you £2k watches on a whim.
The Turkish bath trip is recommended...just enjoy the experience.
Definately recommended, as long as you understand that it is far from perfect.

• Travel date: Thu 6th of November 2008

we spent one of the best holidays we hav...

Reviewed Tue 29th of July 2008

"we spent one of the best holidays we have ever had at the Hotel Rixos in Torba, Turkey. The accommodation and resort are 5 star. We had a wonderful welcome on arrival, and that welcome stayed for the two weeks we were there. The room was enormous, with a well stocked fridge of soft drinks, beers and water replenished every day. The food was exceptional. There was so much choice in the buffet restaurant with freshly cooked fish and meat and a hugh selection of fresh fruit and deserts. There were other restaurants to book the evening before which was so easy. French, Italian, Mexican, Turkish, Barbeque, Fish. Each one excellent. Be careful in the French restaurant though, just ask for the house wine otherwise you will pay a fortune for it. In the bars, it is waiter service and they are so friendly. Nothing is too much trouble. Around the pool and on the beach, a waiter constantly comes round with trays of cold drinks, you don't have to get off of your sunbed. Someone even comes round to clean your sunglasses. The service is second to none. There is a cinema showing a different film each day.There is even a yacht to have breakfast or go for a sail in the sunset. The animation team work very hard to entertain.They are excellent. They really are a team and enjoy themselves at the same time. The parties on the island are fantastic. You must go and join in. The centre has a spa with massage and beauty treatments, although these have to be paid as an extra. Try the Turkish bath, its a must. Value for money? Most definately. The downside - It is in a bay about fifteen minutes from Bodrum the nearest town but there is a service to take you and bring you back very cheaply. It is also built on a cliff and is very steep in places with lots of steps so not for those who are not so mobile. Although after a few days we did feel fitter. There is a shuttle bus which will take you to your room if you need it. The gardens are beautiful and well kept. Everybody speaks to you, the reception staff, waiters, gardeners, cleaners and technicians. Any problems are dealt with immediatley. Everywhere is spotlessly clean. All the communal areas, toilets and walkways. We would recommend this holiday to everyone. We can't wait to go back and hopefully our families will come too. I want everyone to enjoy the experience that we had. It was wonderful."

• Travel date: Tue 29th of July 2008

we were at the hotel so wonderful hotel...

Reviewed Wed 30th of April 2008

"we were at the hotel so wonderful hotel . food nice but we dont like animation team so boring nothing to do . nobody from animation ask for activity.
we were not happy the way how animation team ask tips from us . tatiana from animation ask from us money and other girl. we dont like this .
we came to holiday to enjoy but hotel wonderful .
the disco was ok evreyday nice atmosphere .
we would like to come back again with my family and my friends
best regards
john"

• Travel date: Wed 30th of April 2008

A very, very good hotel in a wonderful s...

Reviewed Sat 20th of October 2007

"A very, very good hotel in a wonderful setting. The main buffet restaurant is vast and the food first class. You could quite happily eat there every meal for two weeks and not repeat the food. One lunch time I counted 18 desserts apart from fruit dishes!

The a la carte restaurants are excellent. We dined in them all apart from the Mexican although the booking system is ponderous. One must telephone between 6pm and 8pm for a booking the following night. The booking lines are constantly engaged and often, when you get through, the restaurant you wanted are full. This at a time when the hotel was only half full. However, persevere. The French restaurant is very elegant. We dined at the Japanese restaurant which is the only one to carry a supplement. The food is wonderful although the all inclusive Turkish wines (very drinkable) are not available here and the imported wines very expensive.

The breakfast and sunset cruises on the 25 metre yacht are FREE and bookable in advance. The hotel staff are great. Nothing is too much trouble and they are particularly good with young children. The grounds are vast and well flowered and landscaped and it easy to find a lounger under the trees should the beach or pools (several) become too noisy.

We will return.

• Travel date: Sat 20th of October 2007

Great holiday, really enjoyed it just on...

Reviewed Sun 30th of September 2007

"Great holiday, really enjoyed it just one complaint, I used the hotel phone on a few occasions and paid each time, on my last phone call home to my daughter I was handed a £118 pound bill for the call which only lasted 5 minutes!

They said I was on the phone for 4 hours when I was booked in the French restaurant at the time I was apparently on the phone.

When they checked with the restaurant and found I was there and couldn’t have been on the phone they then said that I must not have put the receiver down and said I must pay the bill

• Travel date: Sun 30th of September 2007

I have been to Rixos Bodrum 2 times and...

Reviewed Tue 14th of August 2007

"I have been to Rixos Bodrum 2 times and loved it! It is a great 5* hotel with private beach and lots of things to do. I would advise people to ask at the reception to be placed on 1st or 2nd line, i.e in the numbers 1001-2001 onwards as you will be the closest to the beach and restaurants, but make sure you are not near the Disco as you won't have a good night sleep! Also those people who are higher then numbers above have lots of steps to overcome to get to and from their number so I would not recommend it for older people or those with mobility problems even though they use a golf cart.

Food is amazing and they do lots of themed nights, like Italian, Turkish, French etc and the is an abundance of fruit and veg. You have 2 pools, great beach and even a small island, lots of games here and there to keep you or kids entertained.

The only thing that you should be aware is that they usually mix drinks with water, like baileys and they do not taste great and sometimes the waiters can be a bit slow as this resort has over 1000 people!

Going to Bodrum if you've never been is a must as there are nice shops and restaurants as well if you dare to venture out. It takes about 25 min to the central bus station and does not cost a lot but if you decide to go by bus and not taxi, you will have to climb a steep hill to get to the bus stop which is outside your hotel fence but then again it will keep you healthy.

I would go there again and I've heard that the other good hotel was Kervan-Sarai. Hope this review helps."

• Travel date: Tue 14th of August 2007

Definitely 5 star!!!

Reviewed Sat 10th of November 2012

"Having never been to all inclusive in the Mediterreanean but have had
5 star holidays in the caribbean and USA I was slightly nervous about
all inclusive in Turkey. As soon as we drew up outside the hotel at 2:00 am I could see this was an impressive resort.

Firstly, I would like to address some of the negative issues that have been raised in previous posts.

The standard rooms are extremely clean, good bathrooms with plenty of hanging space for clothes. Of course if you want a deluxe room or even a VIP suite with your own private pool you can have one, but at a price. This hotel caters for mostly european guests, with the english being in the minority, which suited us fine as everyone was extremely friendly. With regard to not having a plug in the sink, this is apparently the norm for Turkey as muslims believe in washing in flowing water. If noise is an issue try to get a room in the main building as these are extremely quite.

The buffet restaurant is extremely good with plenty of choice of salads, desserts etc. Of course, some of the food is not to English tastes but there is an abundance of fresh fruit, breads, grilled meats and fish etc. We never had any trouble with finding a table and at lunchtime we always sat outside on the terrace. Service was excellent throughout the hotel but some of the staff's english is limited so you must be patient if you end up with red wine instead of white, as the staff are always willing to please. All drinks throughout the resort are premium brands and we never felt any pressure to buy wine from the a la carte list.

We never had any trouble in booking the a la carte restaurants, with
our favourite being the French and the Turkish. The animation team work very hard at this resort and there is an excellent kids club. You can do as little or as much as you wish. The spa is excellent and my 13 year old son took full advantage of the free watersports. There a couple of party nights in the week, don't miss the Island Party which has a fantastic firework display. The best thing about this hotel is the spectacular view, there was nothing better than enjoying an a la carte meal and watching the fantastic sunsets. We will certainly be returning."

• Travel date: Mon 4th of June 2007

excellent hotel

Reviewed Sat 10th of November 2012

"We stayed until 14 May, and had an excellent time. Food in buffet restaurant was great; in al la carte's even better.
Never been all-inclusive before, and i suspect the standrd here is way above the norm.
Staff helpful and friendly- surprised they were not pushing premium drinks, but instead happy to serve the freebies.
Facilities beyond reproach -only slight downside was that our room was right close to the pool bar, which had karaoke several nights until midnight. Not an issue for us, though"

• Travel date: Sat 19th of May 2007

Don't recognise

Reviewed Sat 17th of November 2012

"Currently on holiday at the Rixos Bodrum - and cannot recognise the hotel from the glowing descriptions here on Tripadvsor. We always check the reviews before booking a hotel and were really looking forward to our stay here. On arrival, excellent welcome, superb setting and views.
However - rooms are at best 3* standard (very small, little wardrobe space,only one chair to sit on (in a double room!), lights not working or non-existent (try showering in the dark,there is no light), and no plug in the sink!! First two nights we ate at the a la carte French and italian restaurants - food ok to good but not exceptional and wine prices extortionate: cheapest 35 Euro for Turkish wine, French 90 - 150 euros per bottle. Champagne 650 euros (at approx. 3 euros to 2 pounds - wow!)! Motor boat hire - 90 euros per hour.
Just returned from first evening meal in regular restaurant or should I say, school canteen. Not enough seats for the diners, food bland, wine dreadful (stick to the white wine if you have to),service suffering under the strain. Fun to watch the management as things went from bad to worse!! Buffet restaurant: diners returning wih their next courses to their table to find new occupants and nowhere to sit to finish their meals. Diners clearing other peoples tables themselves in order to finish their meals. Sound like 5 star to you?...no, not to us either!
We tried the Barut Lara Beach Resort last year - now that's 5 star.
You can tell how disappointed we are in that we are compiling this review whilst still on holiday here at Rixos Bodrum!"

• Travel date: Tue 15th of May 2007

Hotels near Rixos Premium Bodrum

Top traveller tips for Rixos Premium Bodrum

• yummymummy by yummymummy

"If you want luxury in the sun .....this is it! "

Rixos Premium Bodrum is also called