Merve Apartments

Dr. Mumtaz Ataman Cad. Haci Ahmet Sok. No:10 Bodrum Merkez, Bodrum City 48400 Turkey

Good

book direct for better service

"We stayed here in july 2004 and had a great time and recomended it to my partners daughters and another couple. so we booked again through thomsons. What a contrast, we were made to feel very unwelcome by Julie who was only interested in looking after Quote "her guests" she stopped one lad from thomsons from going on a boat trip he'd already paid for from going because one of "her guests" didn't want him to go. One of the girls in our party had a henna tattoo and it stained the sheet. We were told in no uncertain terms that we had to pay for it and she was spoken to like a naughty child. We paid about £6 for the sheet which we could of got from the market for about £2. Because of her attitude we refused to spend any more money at her bar. The other reason was that "her guests" allways put their drinks on a tab, that was because they got their drinks half price which she will deny but one of "her guests" took great delight in winding us up when he'd had a few too many. We also had to use a pool at a nearby hotel because "her guests" reserved the sun beds all day even though they didn't use them till late in the day after shopping.Go to Bodrum it's fantastic just book another hotel one thats run by locals not english as her attitude sucks."

• Travel date: Fri 5th of January 2007

A jewel

"This place is an excellent choice. We stayed there in Sept'06 for 4 days and loved everything about it. It is clean, peaceful and the owners (Julia & Selcuk) will bend over backwards to make your trip memorable. If you want they'll hook you up with any tour or even organize a private outing... they got us to Ephesus and Sirince on a day when no travel agency was offering tours!

The pool is awesome and the bar is a great place to warm up before heading out on the town. It takes about 5minutes to walk to Bar Street (no one wants to stay too close to that place obviously!). I'll try to post some pictures."

• Travel date: Sun 15th of October 2006

Beware!

Good

"Be wary of staying in apartments 16-19 which are across the road from the main complex.
It's extremely noisy due to a bar playing music on one side and (I couldn't believe this) a fill up station for water tankers on the other. The huge lorries arrive 24 hours of the day, reverse in and fill their tankers with water. The drivers are not mindful of sleeping residents.
The apartments themselves were comfortable though our apartment had a drainage problem in the shower."

• Travel date: Mon 18th of July 2005

top notch

"All i can say is if you are going to Bodrum give this place a go. Great apartments all recently re-furbished,nice pool area; good food always well presented;staff are pleasant and very helpful and polite.These apartments are 5 minutes away from the centre of Bodrum but in a quet suburb;and Malchuk and especially Julia are probably the most welcoming and helpful hosts i have come across on my many travels abroad. Ticking Tom and NuttyHazel will definitely stay at the Merve apartments when we next visit Bodrum"

• Travel date: Wed 13th of July 2005

Two weeks of sheer lazy heaven!

"After an enjoyable stay at the Merve 2 years ago, I decided to return with a friend, and this time our stay was even better!
The recently decorated apartments which overlook a good sized swimming pool are looking fantastic - clean, comfortable, spacious and very well equiped with ample living space for up to 4 people. The pool and bar area are welcoming and informal and an ideal area for soaking up the sun, making new friends and enclosed enough that the children can play and enjoy themselves safely.
The hard-working team of very friendly and accomodating staff ensure that your stay is as enjoyable as possible, and whatever your request, nothing is too much trouble.
Although only a 10 minute stroll from the hustle and bustle of Bodrum town with its multitude of bars, shops and restaurants, the Merve is ideally situated in a quiet and secluded area which makes it a must with families or travellers who are looking for some peace and quiet (particularly at night!).

All in all, the Merve is a fantastic place to stay, and Julia & Selchuk together with their team of staff will do all they can to ensure you holiday is one to remember, and leaving you wanting to book your next holiday with them as soon as you return home!"

• Travel date: Sat 18th of June 2005

The Best

"Mandy, our children Tammi and Marshal and myself have just spent a brilliant week at this apartment and resort,the rooms were impeccably clean,the bathroom spacious , the children thoroughly enjoyed the pool and Julia's cats,the staff were all really friendly and cheerful making it a most memorable holiday,highly recommended and we hope to return in Sept."

• Travel date: Thu 2nd of June 2005

Fantastic !

"What can I say about this Holiday but absolutly Fab ! Julia and Salchuk and the boys were fantastic hosts. The Apartments were great, clean and right next to the pool and Bar, what more do you need ! situated less than one mile from the best shops and restaurents in Turkey it is one of the best Hoildays we have had.
My 8 yr old Daughter Abbie and her Friend Hollie had a fantastic week and we have already booked up for August 2005.
The Merve apartments are a must if you want a Friendly atmosphere with many extras...."

• Travel date: Mon 30th of May 2005

Fantastic for the accident prone!

"The owners of these apartments made a nightmare holiday into a pleasure. I broke my ankle on arrival (leaving the plane) and Julia, Selcuk and the boys could not have done more for us. This included getting food delivered, extra facilities due to strange showering requirements and even reserving my sunbed within 10 crutch assisted steps. To ensure I did not over heat they even gave me a hose pipe to cool myself down with and the pool side bar service was better than I could have hoped for (even though I was restricted to soft drinks). All in all the perfect holiday destination as they brought the entertainment to me. If you read this Julia we will be back!!
Gayle & Cooper"

• Travel date: Tue 15th of March 2005

excellent holiday

"i had two weeks at merve apts a couple of years ago. the apts were very, very clean. julie the owner was brilliant also the staff. we did keep in touch for awhile. i would recommend merve to anyone. hope to see julie, hubbie and staff in the not to distant future.

jean geraghty
burnley lancs"

• Travel date: Thu 20th of January 2005

safe as houses

"my 19 year old daughter and friend visited these apartments for 2 weeks in june, as every mum does i worried, you hear all this about turkish men and visas, what i want to say is the owner julie and her husband looked after her like one of their own which made her stay very pleasant and my 2 weeks of her there less worrying, so from one mum to another julie i want to say thanks and too other mums do not worry if one of your kids goes there alone ."

• Travel date: Mon 9th of August 2004

karen

"I have just come back from staying at the Merv and cannot fault anything there,the staff are all friendly, Ismail the barman is really lovely and speaks good English, the owners Julia and Selcuk are very helpful, rooms are cleaned daily,everybody holidaying were friendly and its a nice atmosphere,all bars are about a 5/10 min walk away and all on the sea front.i would recommend the Merv to anyone going to Bodrum for their holidays,i really enjoyed it and I will be returning."

• Travel date: Thu 7th of August 2014

fantastic

"my friend and i are nurses from newcastle all i can say is that i have been all over the world but the merve appts were like a 6 star accod i am telling u,
julia the owner is immaculate and keeps staff and everything in top condition i could not complain about one thing at all.i would never stay anywhere else and we go back in oct.
but go for yourselves and find out.........you will see
one word of warning dont use the apple resteraunt onthe beach in bodrum my friend got a bill for 200 tl for 3 vodka and cokes bye jill"

• Travel date: Thu 14th of May 2009

Hotels near Merve Apartments

Stayed at Merve Apartments? Share your insight.

Merve Apartments is also called