About Green Beach Resort

• water park

Booked for 4 nights could not stay after 1 night

Reviewed Thu 29th of August 2013

"This could be the worst 5 star hotel you can go to its waste of money
I booked for 4 night at family room could not stay more than 1 night.
Its suppose to be all inclusive but had to eat out because overcrowding it is very difficult to get food or table to sit.
Room was full of ants they refuse to change it because apparently this was one of the better rooms beds were old floor were dirty bathroom is dark filthy and breaking into pieces our holiday is ruined and money wasted.
Avoid Avoid Avoid this hotel."

• Travel date: Wed 21st of August 2013

Ignore the brochure - we suffered this place

Reviewed Wed 11th of August 2010

"Well we booked this at the last minute and picked a 5 star hotel, fully exclusive, just to be on the safe side. How wrong we were.

I don't normally write reviews because I often find them one sided and biased, but I just had to let you know what you are letting yourself in for.

The hotel management(2-3 star is nearer the mark by the way) 'managed' to take a hotel in a lovely setting and systematically ruin the experience. Many small annoying things build up to make it an experience not to be repeated. Don't fall for the 'all inclusive' trap either, they find ways to go back on it. Drinks only allowed in small glasses (and I mean coke too not just alcohol), a 'fine' if you lose your wristband, pools not open when advertised, meal times different to those on your guide. English only spoken when they are selling to you and not understood at all when you ask for service.

Watch for the hordes of Turks who descend at weekends - like a cloud of locusts, they devour everything in sight and monopolise the place, including destruction of any peace and quiet. They don't know, or understand queues, so beware.

The hotel is on a steep bank and coaches aren't allowed into the complex (well unless you are a turkish weekender - then they are!)Frequent parties of students studying tourism are shown around (I hope this is not classed as a model complex for others to aspire to - it just doesn't bear thinking about). Oh yes, if you book a room with a balcony and bath then don't expect a bath plug and good luck if you do try to get one! The balcony - well the rules say you can't take food or drink away from the eating areas - so why have a balcony at all?

Don't expect drinks other than a very limited selection of local alcohol - and certainly no cocktails allowed. That is unless you pay extra - and the price? Well whatever number pops into the bar tenders head - you will be scared by that number I promise.

So what did we enjoy?

For the first time in my life I have to say it was coming home.

Another first for me was the pity being shown to us by those staying just 7 days when we were stuck for 14. We spent loads of time outside the complex in our second week, and yes, we had paid for a fully inclusive stay, and yes, it cost us to travel and eat out - but it was worth it.

Look there was much more but it was mostly trivial so I won't go into any more detail. The point is that 'service' and 'Customer' are words alien to this bunch.

If you are reading this after booking then sorry - but this is the way it was for us and every other Brit who spoke to us.

My advice: do try and change your booking if you possibly can.

If you haven't booked yet then my advice would be don't be tempted - go somewhere else.

Finally, when you get to the airport for your return trip home and through to the airside then expect to pay at least £5 for a regular size can of coke.

Hey, don't shoot the messanger I am only telling you how it was!!!"

• Travel date: Thu 5th of August 2010

Disappointing! Could not wait to go back to England!

Reviewed Fri 23rd of July 2010

"Very disappointing first and last holiday with Thomas Cook.
Myself and my partner originally booked for a week at the Mira Luna, Bodrum. After reading up on bad reviews about the hotel and speaking to staff in your customer services they agreed that this hotel was awful. We paid extra to change hotels to The Green Beach, Bodrum.
Upon arriving at the hotel, our room was still being cleaned at 7pm. When people check out of the room by 12 lunchtime, and staff were aware new guests would be arriving. It is expected that our room would be ready on time.

From the moment we arrived at the hotel our holiday was a bad experience.
The all-inclusive meals were the same every single night and catered for the Russians. We had to wait until late every night to go down for a meal as there we no tables available. Breakfast was not worth going for. I do not expect to go to a foreign country and have a full English breakfast, however I also do not expect the food to be total rubbish and constantly the same.
Drink prices after 11pm were a rip-off, paying 14 liras for a small Malibu and coke is very overrated.

The hotel itself is lovely; the pool(s) are lovely. However the main thing that ruined our holiday is the food. Some of the meat was barely cooked. The last few days of the holiday and even a week after I have had an upset stomach…

Speaking to many of the English during my time at Green Beach Hotel, they were counting down the days until returning home. No one goes on holiday wanting to go back shortly after arriving. It is a Turkish run hotel, I understand that Russians are the large majority of holidaymakers to the country, however it is not fair that they are catered for, and the English simply have no choice for food.
Their attitude is a whole different matter; they did not know the meaning of queuing.

I went on this holiday with my boyfriend, his parents and sister had there own booking at the hotel at the same time. They were given a two-bed bedroom even though they paid an adult ticket for their 17yr old daughter; they had to wait until the following day to be given a 3-bed room.

We all felt like we were in a prison, there was nothing to do all day other than sunbath and swim. We could not walk anywhere on the resort, no walks along the beach as there was a lift to the ‘beach’ and just decking then the sea. We did not go on any boat trips as many English told us they book and pay, and no one turns up to collect them.

I think it is awful that we paid extra money to avoid a bad hotel; we then booked for a 5 star hotel that might aswell be a 3 star. Going all-inclusive, we defiantly did not get our money’s worth. £1,100 is a lot of money for 2 people to spend on a disappointing holiday. We ate out 2 nights, as we were literally sick of the hotel food.

Something needs sorting with this hotel. My boyfriend’s family and myself returned to the UK feeling more stressed than when we went and we were all ill from the food.

I will not be in a hurry to book another holiday with Thomas Cook when they advertise holidays like this and I know a lot of English who were at the resort who will be thinking the same.

Definatley a holiday for us brits to avoid.

• Travel date: Fri 23rd of July 2010

Never Again...

Reviewed Tue 6th of July 2010

"I only wish that I had read some of the reviews posted on this site... I have just returned from a week in this resort and can only discrible as a Holiday from Hell.
Arrived at 6am to find that my room had not been cleaned, a workman was sent to change the sheets and gave us a bottle of water, and while I was on the bacony, he just left, leaving the rest of the room dirty. We paid an extra to have a seaview room, and honestly you could not fault the view or the room on the size or cleanliness.

The major problem of Room 1635 was it had a generator that made a continual droning noise 24 hours aday. I went to reception at 1.30am to ask if they could do something about the noise, as I was unble to sleep, the noise was turned off after a 10 minute waiting period. The following day I requested a change of room and was informed that it was not possible, as I had paid for an upgrade and that there were no room of that standard available (seaview and in the main complex, which was describle to me as the 'safe' part of the resort). I was asked to come back at 2pm that same day, but was told to come back the next day and see what was available then. I then asked what am I to do about the noise and sleep, to which I was told to come to reception before retiring to my room and ask for the noise to be turned off. to cut a long and extremely stressful story short... I never did get that change of room, and therefore was obiged to go to reception at night and ask for the generator to be turned off, some evening were quicker than others, the longest being a 90 minutes wait.

I must say that usually I 'grin and bear it', but on this occassion, I must say that the reception staff were completely useless. At one point at 2.45am after an hour of debating with the night manager to have the generator turned, as he considered it not necessary to stop the noise, because I was apparently the 'only' person who ever complained about it. He simply said that he had had enough of me and that he was getting my Rep to come out there and then... to which I agreed completely. This never happened, as he handed me the phone, and said that she wanted to talk to me.

I had to battle everyday with reception about this problem, as far as I am concerned, I was on holiday and my only worry should have been had I put enough sun cream on, and not having to remind an inadequate and incompetent front of house staff what they had to do each evening.

The area manager for the Thomas Cook group in the Bodrum area came to see me on the 5th day, but this did not solve any of the problems, I was told to make an offical complaint within 28 days of my return to the United Kingdom.

I was extremely sadden by the whole affair, and can honestly say that I came home considerably more stressed than going out there. I can only give you my personal opinion and that one should not tar everyone with the same brush, but truly you should avoid this resort completely."

• Travel date: Mon 28th of June 2010

A hotel to avoid

Reviewed Thu 8th of October 2009

"My partner and I have just returned from a week at this hotel, and Im glad it wasnt the two weeks we orginally planned to stay there. The hotel room we had booked with a sea view balcony was not given to us and after much complaining, we were eventually given a room with a balcony, but no sea view. The room was adequate, but the bathroom shower unit was leaking badly and the bathroom floor flooded, and despite frequent requests to have this fixed it was not done until the day before our departure (other guests told us that they had had the same problem too). The hair dryer in the bathroom caught fire on the second day and was never repaired or replaced. The food was good and varied, but often cold even at the start of the meal times. The dining room was plagued with fereal cats and despite frequent complaints about hygiene, nothing was done to keep the cats out. A number of guests, including my partner were bitten badly by fleas. The hotel manager is probably one of the most ignorant, arrogant and obnoxious people I have ever met, frequently ignoring complaints of guests and changing hotel policy at his own whim (he decide that cocktails were no longer part of the all inclusive package and that guests would have to pay for them), he was on occassions abusive to guests who pushed their compaints. There was absolutely no evening entertainment throughout out holdiday (this was we were told because the hotel was closing down in two weeks for the end of season).
The hotel is set in a beautiful location on the edge of a bay in Gundogen and is totally picture postcard and amazing to see at night. The rest of our holiday was superb, the turkish people friendly and very helpful and the trips we took, value for money. Just a shame the hotel wasnt up to the same standard. We shall return to turkey but never to the green beach hotel in gundogen.

• Travel date: Thu 8th of October 2009

I won't return to green beach!

Reviewed Mon 17th of August 2009

"I've just returned from green beach and I should say it was completely designed for russians who are really rude, impolite and selfish. They respect for nothing and no one and think just about themselves. we arrived at 7 am and was told to wait for our rooms and this situation continued until 4:30 pm! and during this time several russians arrived and were guided to their rooms right away! air conditioning in this hotel is realy poor so that the lobby and restaurant are very hot and once I went to the coffee net, I was not able to beleive that there isn't any air conditioning there and it was really hot and unbearable.
The rooms are the most negative point of this hotel, they are small, cramped and old with no facility! they just have an old 14" TV and an empty fridge. the WC and bath are not clean and all days we had a problem with cold water.
after all this hotel has some positive points too, for example the views and landscapes are fascinating, the staff are realy kindly and dutiful. the pools are in good condition and the food is plenty but a little repetitive. Finally it was my first trip to turkey and I loved turkey and turkish people but I won't return to this hotel again and next time I would choose the hotel more precisely."

• Travel date: Sun 16th of August 2009

This place was fine

Reviewed Tue 28th of July 2009

"We went to this resort in the first week in May. On checking in we found out that our room did not have a balcony and we were immediatly given a room that did have a balcony.
Food was good and the drinks were fine. We found all of the staff very helpfull and attentive.When we went the resort was quiet, although it does seem Russian orientated as others have commented on.
The only advice i would give is not about the resort, but about the flights. Goldtrail are a nightmare. When you book you get decent flight times, but then they change it so you end up arriving and leaving in the middle of the night!!
A trip to the market in Bodrum is worth it for bargains. A service bus takes you from the hotel, and the Market is right next to the Bus station."

• Travel date: Sun 26th of July 2009

Turkish delight not!

Reviewed Fri 26th of June 2009

"I feel I must post this review if only to warn anybody who is thinking of booking this hotel. I arrived with my wife about 11pm on the 18th of june 09 and was greated very pleasantly by the staff. I signed the usual hotel paperwork I was then asked to take a seat in the main reception area, time went by 10 mins then half an hour to be told there was not a room free in the hotel.After 1hour the manager appeared and aked if I would do him a favour. He sked if I would move to another hotel for the night. Steam was coming out of my ears at this point after a long journey. I made various phone calls to med hotels who had made the booking they wanted to know nothing. I had no option but to go to this other hotel Butik hans. This was a right flee pit my wife was treated for severe bites that went septic other people were sent to this hotel also that night I found out from the locals that this happens all the time. Now for the green beach resort itself after we got into our proper room it was clean & tidy in the main hotel building. The buildings outside the main building are a bit of a hit or a miss leaking water sanatory problems. Air conditioning does not work in hotel bar or reception area ,lack of toilets in resort , too many Russians who are ignorant & greedy ,glasses at bars only rinsed under taps,food always cold in dinning area thats if you beat the russians to it. Better going ala cart in the evening this only costs 5 euros pp there is no russians there.The beer is watered down at bars local vodka & gin is ok. Now for the pools and beach area. If you get up between 6am and 7am you are gauranteed a sun lounger . The russians can cover as many as 10 loungers. There is only one toilet in the beach area . None at the main pool and you know what tat means ,needless to say I never used it. Overall the facility were poor I booked this hotel thinking it was a 5 star you would be lucky to get 2 stars in Britain thats if it was allowed to stay open. the only plus side the staff were friendly. So if you looking for a relaxing hoilday here forget it. The motto at this hotel is IF YOUR NOT FAST YOUR LAST."

• Travel date: Fri 26th of June 2009

NOT TOO BAD

Reviewed Mon 18th of May 2009

"Arrived at the green beach resort on may the 9th at 2am, was met at reception by a member of staff(not very polite) bell boy showed us to our room which was quite nice,there were all in all about 40 guests in the whole resort which was good but if u like it busy dont go begining of may as there is no entertainment provided,limited food which was cold 90 percent of the time(that was untill 400 turks arrived) then entertainment and food improved significantly. Waiters and annimation team were really nice and helpful but as for the "owners/managers" they were really quite rude we had been out of our room since 12 noon and werent flying until 2 am and so we went in our suitcases in reception to get bits and pieces and the manager kicked off he was really nasty and showed no compassion for our situation.All the pools were gorgeous,really clean and had plenty of sunbeds.Beds in our room were like lying on bricks! but u dnt go there 4 the beds do u.There were for of us and we had a lovely time just wish the entertainment and things were better.Weather was amazing as always in turkey. Be aware that the lobby bar only serves till 11pm then u have 2 pay and they have a cunning trick, there clock is ten mins fast!!! DONT BE FOOOLED HAHA. "

• Travel date: Sun 17th of May 2009

green beech resort bodrum

Reviewed Thu 12th of February 2009

"the hotel was ok not a five star as we have been in lower stars and have had better. the staff were very friendly and always willing to help, watch out for the miserable female behind the reception desk really moody and unhelpful, this hotel caters very little for the british, the food was basic and we never had a warm meal in the two weeks we were there, this hotel is very unsuitable for elderly or disabled, we went with fleetway travel and although the travel went well getting hold of a rep for emergency situations is impossible they didnt want to know. this hotel is a very long way from anything and although offer a good bus service you cant really walk to anywhere and you will spend a fortune on the bus, a lot of the facilities were closed including the slides which were broke at the time apart from one.would not recomend this hotel much better places out there."

• Travel date: Thu 12th of February 2009

Never a 5* hotel.

Reviewed Sun 19th of October 2008

"After reading the reviews already written about this hotel I didnt think it could possibly be as bad as people were saying it was, but after spending a week within this resort I completely agree with all the bad remarks made. This hotel states it is a 5* but there is no way this could be true. The hotel itself looks quite nice, has nice areas to sunbathe down by the sea and lovely gardens you can sit and relax. That i'm afraid is all it has to offer. The 'all inclusive drinks' is total rubbish. We got the choice of 5 drinks in total, vodka, gin, raki, beer and wine. All other drinks have to be paid for, even the locally produced drinks. The food was not up to much either and not once did my partner and I actually sit together and eat as one of us had to watch the table as the other queued for food then vice versa. If you didnt do it this way your table would be taken over by some one else. Anyway im done complaining but I definately will not be returning to this hotel!!!!!!!! "

• Travel date: Sun 19th of October 2008

Green Beach

Reviewed Sat 11th of October 2008

"Well this is the third time me and my family have been to this resort! The first 2 times it was fantastic, and this year the standard has gone down slightly but still had a fab holiday! Its been taken over by Russians but think our biggest problem was the time we went. Turks have ramadam at the end of sept and then a big party (Eide) at the start of oct. Its a national holiday for them and hundreds of Turks booked into the place causing chaos. Dining, which had otherwise been fine, was chaotic. There were not enough seats in the restaurant, and we decided to wait till 9pm to eat most nights to avoid the rush. The food was nice though when you got it! The partys lasted until the early hours and could be heard all over the resort. Apart from that we had a great time! The staff are friendly and the resort itself is fab if you want a weeks chill. Went with £20 and came back with £15 as theres no shops or anything to buy there! Russians and some Turks are arogant and unfriendly. You have to stand your ground with them otherwise they will walk all over you!
BEACH TOWELS PROVIDED AT RESORT - DONT PACK ANY
HAIRDRYERS IN ROOMS - DONT PACK
TAKE SNORKELLING GEAR FOR SEA IF YOU HAVE ANY!"

• Travel date: Sat 11th of October 2008

Hotels near Green Beach Resort

Top traveller tips for Green Beach Resort

• Haley85 by Haley85

"Yalacavak was a cute little town with a few english bars.Ali baba in bodrum for food is lovely. "

• adrianhearn by adrianhearn

"Ideal place to choose your hotel and see the country "

• littlewinnie by littlewinnie

"Please go somewhere else "

• average punter by average punter

"Expensive best go somewhere else "

Green Beach Resort is also called