El Vino Hotel & Suites

Omurca Mah.Pamili Sok.No 14, Bodrum City 48400 Turkey

A gem of a little hotel

Good

"El-Vino is a well-designed and well-built little gem in Bodrum. The property is meticulously designed from A to Z and run as well as any top notch property around the world. Perfect gardens, attentive staff, nicely sized rooms all make up a great spot. Not recommended for folks with problems climbing stairs or beach bums, but all others should find a perfect spot of their own in this little haven.

Minor watchouts: It is an "in town" location so it is a 10 min walk to restaurants and marina, but the route is clean and entertaining. The service at the breakfast restaurant is somewhat spotty - nice but aloof at times. We had a queen bed made up of two twin beds attached to each other. Neither of us liked the uncomfortable center rod of the bed, and we would have been a bit turned off if we were staying for more than 3 days. Regardless, El Vino is very well recommended at a fair price."

• Travel date: Wed 2nd of January 2008

Amazing experience--recommended to everyone!

"Our stay at El Vino was one of the best vacation stays I have ever had. El Vino is like a mirage; it is hidden on a somewhat unattractive street but once you go through the front gate it is like entering paradise. Full of greenery and flowers, a beautiful stone pool with a covered dining area from which to enjoy a traditional Turkish breakfast (included) or lunch. It is peaceful and relaxing with clean, comfortable rooms. Finally the staff is amazing. They make you feel like you are part of the family. I HIGHLY recommend this hotel to anyone traveling in Bodrum, where large resorts dominate the accommodation options."

• Travel date: Mon 19th of November 2007

Wonderful time at El Vino

"I booked 3 nights at El Vino after reading the reviews at TripAdvisor and I was very pleased to check in into this lovely, charming and quiet hotel in Bodrum.
The external area of the hotel is very beautiful and the bedroom was fantastic, with a small balcony with a wonderful view of the city, the Bodrum bay area and the castle.
Deniz, the hotel manager, is extremely professional and will help you with any thing that will make your stay even more pleasurable. Breakfast is nicely served and very fulfilling.
The city is a short walk away from the hotel but I strongly recommend you to rent a scooter since there are so many wonderful beaches waiting to be explored in the Bodrum Peninsula."

• Travel date: Tue 30th of October 2007

Great little hotel

"The hotel was great. My wife and I stayed here for three days and loved it. We upgraded to a suite and the room was big with a good view. THe staff was very helpful and spoke perfect english. Deniz also let us use the computer to check our flight arrangments."

• Travel date: Thu 11th of October 2007

Just like the movie Enchanted April!

"Situated on a hill over the very historical castletown of Bodrum in Turkey, is this true gem of a hotel-villa called the El Vino. The owner is an architect so the design and building materials are top notch. The staff is more than helpful and the manager speaks many languages and can help you with day trip ideas. I stayed there for 4 nights in early Sept 2007 and while I had a great time exploring the town of Bodrum, partying until 4am, sailing the many lagoons and taking a day trip to Ephesus, I think what I most enjoyed about Bodrum was coming back to the El Vino to the very comfortable and well designed rooms, the lovely gardens, serene swimming pool and terrrace, and dining at the wonderful restaurant with the million dollar view. It really was like the villa in the movie "Enchanted April". I guess the only non-positive thing I can say is that being from close to Napa Valley in California, the wine of the Bodrum region is to put it nicely, mediocre, and was the only wine offering on the menu at the hotel restaurant. While the whites were a little better than the reds, the "wine" was similar to the marginal vitages of the Greek Isles and the Cinque Terre region in Italy. While I understand the reasoning of offering local wines, with a name like "El Vino" and the exceptional quality of everything else, I would have expected to have some "surprise the wine snob" obscure and estate only vintages from places like California, France, Italy, etc, like you can get from www.bountyhunterwine.com. But that's a very minor thing, and when in Turkey you're supposed to drink Raki anyway! Needless to say, very highly recommended and will recommend to all my friends! Book right now!"

• Travel date: Wed 19th of September 2007

a very special hotel

Good

"We have just returned from a wonderful trip to Turkey and I would say that our stay at the El Vino Hotel was a highlight of our trip. We stayed at the Hilton in Istanbul but this hotel had so much more in the way of style and personality. My husband and I were particularly taken with the big vines of pink and white bougainvillea and the swimming pool - has to be seen to be believed - with a mosiac of tiles. I especially enjoyed the 5:00 tea served by the pool along with delicious pastries. The rooms are spotlessly clean and the staff both friendly, helpful and hardworking to make our stay enjoyable. Our friends who also stayed at the El Vino prior to our visit had enjoyed it and I met a U.S Air Force couple who had been stationed in Izmir and were on their way to a new posting in Rhode Island and they had stayed at the El Vino and of course, loved it. Definitely recommend this property."

• Travel date: Fri 14th of September 2007

Garden of Eden

"I live in a busy noisy city, so you can imagine the relief to arrive at El Vino in beautiful Bodrum. The hotel has a small number of rooms whch have a very homely feel. I stayed in a suite. Very friendly staff (Deniz speaks very good English). The size of the hotel helps create an intimate relaxing atmosphere. It's a little Garden of Eden in Bodrum, to where I would certainly want to return. Robert. Singapore."

• Travel date: Mon 3rd of September 2007

simply good hotel

"Me and my husband stayed in El-Vine hotel for 12 days and we had the most wonderful time. Hotel is very pretty, cozy and clean. It has a very nice swimming pool and lots of flowers everywhere. We were amazed by hotel personal, they were so warm and friendly. Hotel has a very good cook. Food was one of the best we have ever tasted. And of course El-Vino's wine and cheese - absolutely delicious! I would recommend everybody who would like to get real rest to spend some time in this nice hotel. We are looking forward visiting El-Vino in the nearest future.
Tamara and David from Georgia

Tamara and David from Georgia"

• Travel date: Fri 31st of August 2007

The absolute best!

"I wrote a very long review of this wonderful home away from home and then deleted it by mistake... so this is the short version:
This place is warm, freindly, stylish, clean, convenient and has the best restaurant we ate at in our 10 days in Bodrum!
I highly recommend El Vino- unless you are looking for a loud, busy, big resort type hotel. Another reviewer said this too: it is like staying at a freind's wonderful villa. The staff are so friendly and helpful. The location is a very short taxi ride (3 minutes- ok it was very hot) and only 7 minutes walk to the bustling harbor with all the shops, cafes, bars, boats and action.
Even if you do not stay here you must have dinner on the roof-top terrace. The food is amazing- very high quality and fresh ingredients and an interesting menu- the best we had in all of Bodrum!
Thanks to Denis, Khadiga, Ahmed and the rest of the El Vino family. We will be back!"

• Travel date: Sun 12th of August 2007

Beautiful hotel, friendly staff, great food! Loved El Vino

"Wonderful Boutique hotel in Bodrum. The property is overflowing with fresh flower and herbs, and is kept perfectly clean. The rooms are great with balconies and views over Bodrum harbor. The pool is quiet, and perfect for relaxation in the cabanas or ample deck loungers. The staff works extremely hard to make a pleasent stay, and were very friendly. The hotel even features a projection cinema room with a DVD library! Great location, people and an all around wonderful experiance.
-Adam - Edinburgh"

• Travel date: Fri 22nd of June 2007

Hotels near El Vino Hotel & Suites

Stayed at El Vino Hotel & Suites? Share your insight.

El Vino Hotel & Suites is also called