This hotel is now closed.

Hotels near Diamond of Bodrum

Diamond of Bodrum

2* Hotel at its best!!

Reviewed 2nd November 2011

"We arrived at the hotel at 2am, to be told that our sea view room which had been booked and paid for was unavailable due to an air conditioning fault. We were shown to another room, which was dark and very basic, with a window blocked with trees with no natural light, felt like we were sleeping in a coffin! the next morning, we demanded the sea view room that we had paid extra for, and were shown to an adequate room with stunning views of the bay. The rooms are basic travelodge rooms, nowhere near 5*. The whole week we were there, non of the floors were cleaned in our room, the bath had to be cleaned out by us, the air conditioning only worked if you wanted hot air and the pillows were like resting your head on stone. The food was always served luke warm, in a restaurant that was set out like a 1950's butlins camp, long rows of tables to seat approx 20. The choice of food was varied, but any hot food was generally unappetising in its appearance and fairly basic and nowhere near 5* food in any country. The salads were fine, but you can only eat so many salads during a weeks stay. The outdoor pool was unheated and unusably freezing, although looked well maintained. The staff with a couple of exceptions were disinterested in the guests. Many times while waiting at the bar to be served the staff were either absent or on mobile phones. The reception staff were particularly unhelpful about any issues raised. Mini bar too overpriced, 3 euros per can of coke. In general the hotel was reasonably well kept, although again nowhere near 5* BEWARE OF THE LATE CHECKOUT OFFER Our transfer to the airport was due at the hotel at 11pm we were due to checkout at midday, we asked about the late checkout offer which was advertised on the information sheet handed out by the hotel, with no mention of charges. We were offered our room until 6pm for 25 euros, up till midnight would be 90 euros. These charges were not mentioned in the hotel information, nor when we booked through a UK travel agency, the reception staff were totally unhelpful and very difficult to deal with. Bodrum itself is set in a stunning bay, although tourist shops very overpriced. Bodrum is fine if you want a seaside resort holiday with lots of bars and restaurants. Airport incredibly expensive and over crowded, women and children having to sit on floors due to inadequate seating and too many flights departing at one time, restaurants at airport unbelievably overpriced, can of coke 5 euros, doner kebab and chips with a can of coke, 27 euros, small bottle of water 2.5 euros. Eat well before you arrive at the airport!!! Wait until you board the plane before buying drinks. The whole experience of the hotel and airport left me and my husband feeling as if we had been severely ripped off. We have stayed in 2* hotels in Sri Lanka with better food, service and facilities than this hotel and airport. Unfortunately, it will be a long time before we even contemplate returning to Turkey, and certainly never to this hotel."

• Travel date: 1st November 2011

Not good - won't be coming back!

Reviewed 22nd July 2011

"What started out as a fairly promising holiday turned out to be dreadful. We booked 5 days at the hotel spa and negotiated a price by paying up front. Half way through our treatments on the third day we waited 1 hour 10 minutes between a facial and massage, the time we were told was 10-15 minutes. This was after receiving a 20 minute massage the previous day when the time for a massage was 50 minutes. When a complaint was made staff explained, "We're very busy". Half way through the spa treatments we called it a day and asked to be refunded for the treatments we hadn't received. Spa staff kept fobbing us off saying the manager wasn't available and to come back later. We eventually escalated this to the hotel management who were ultimately gutless and backed the spa over us. We received a pitiful percentage of a refund for the treatments we hadn't received. That night at the bar we heard other guests complaining of the bad service. On top of this, 2 days out of 7 we had to request the cleaning staff come to clean our room as they had missed it, drinks at meal times typically took in excess of 15 minutes to arrive and the bar staff were nothing short of rude and dismissive. This is my third holiday of the summer and despite a beautiful location it is the worst hotel service I have ever received, Simply put, you couldn't pay me to return here."

• Travel date: 17th July 2011

loved it

Reviewed 10th May 2010

"Officially booked from 12 to 19th april 2010. Was pleasantly supprised at what we got for our money. Hotel definately 5*, 4* plus at the very least. Lovely selection of food. Must remember that catering is for multi national tastes so dont expect traditional English stuff. Lots of choice if you are adventurous and not arrogant enough to think that they are only catering for the English. Cleaning standards and maintainance are second to none. Hotel fully staffed and no corners cut. Rooms made up every day. Lay out and views perfect as hotel is built on a sea view incline.Lovely views by day and night. Small private beach area over looked by security. Due to the Iceland volcano situation we had to stay in the hotel for a further 5 days as flights were grounded, so didnt actually depart untill 24th april (was there 12 days in total). All inclusive privilages honoured by hotel but tour operator did pay for it. Bar street (main nightclub/bar crawl area) maximum 10 mins walk from hotel. For those not in to nightlife there are still nice quiet sea view pubs ect same distance, 10 mins walk. We did both clubby night and quiet night. I would recommend this hotel to couples, and families. Not at all suitable for groups of young 18-30 as the hotel atmospher is not cluby. There is a night club on the lower part of the hotel which wasnt open unit 1st may (which was after we left) but I was advised that it was more of a couples scene sort of night club or people out for a good old dance and drink, without the rowdyness. I would not hesitate to recommed this hotel to family or friends thinking of a holiday in Bodrum, and I would definately pay my hard earned money to go back there again. PS: Due to the Valcano situation (well to be honest before that) there was a group of us - 18 - 65 years olds happened to meet up nearly every night and drink the pool bar dry. Well the situation was as follows. We were stuck out there and no one was coming in.. no flights u see. So us lot (probably about 30 of us) had to help the bar staff out with their over flow of alcohol. We were from England, Holland and Belgium. And being such good ambassadors for our respective countries we decided that we had to help those turkish people keep their jobs. We sure kept their bar staff in work which ment having to drink alcohol. How kind were we? "

• Travel date: 9th May 2010

very enjoyable holiday!

Reviewed 25th April 2009

"This was our first holiday in turkey...and we were not disappointed. The hotel was lovely and friendly...we paid extra for a sea view...something like £25 for the week...worth it...as we had a lovely balcony etc. The hotel is situated just along the coast...about a 200yd walk from any pbs, clubs and bars...but secluded enough not to hear any noise. The location was fab. Food was good...but got a little samey samey after 3 days...as do all buffets. Pool area lovely and rather small but ok to get sunbeds daily without much hassle...towels rovided daily...bonus! There are a couple of bar/ lounges and they are fab...esp rooftop one...great views! I took my 23 mth old daughter and she loved it....the food, the pool area and the staff...who were extremely friendly towards children. I wod recommend this hotel to anyone and would consider returning again someday.... so a good choice all round!"

• Travel date: 25th April 2009

DO NOT BE PUT OFF MY OTHER PEOPLES COMME...

Reviewed 30th July 2008

"DO NOT BE PUT OFF MY OTHER PEOPLES COMMENTS!!!!!!!! I have just returned from the Diamond of Bodrum having stayed there two weeks with my partner....and all I can say is fantastic! We had a stunning sea view room looking over the bodrum bay with the castle in the distance. Our room was 15 yards from the pool and 30 yards from the restaurant and 35 yards from the bar!! WHAT MORE COULD YOU WANT! The room was excellent with modern facilities. The rooms are cleaned daily with linen cleaned daily! The hotel staff and constantly cleaning the hotel from windows to door handles (there was even a member of staff who clears any debris from the sea). The food was excellent with a wide choice as well as an excellent bar service with friendly bar staff! We went in high season during a Turkish holiday and the pool was never over crowded. The only downful was the number of sunbeds around the pool. You have to get down there early to get one (cos you know who runs down there at 6:30am). If you dont get a sunbed there are plenty of relexing chill out areas with large cushion sofas so you can sunbathe there (also right near the bar). The hotel is close to the town centre with all the restaurants and bars!!! I am so confused by other peoples reviews because I did not have one bad word to say about the Diamond! Even when I flight was delayed by 4 hours, they let us stay at the hotel and continue using the all inclusive facilities even after we had checked out! I would recommend this hotel to anyone. We had an amazing time and definately will be back!"

• Travel date: 30th July 2008

Lovely Hotel

Reviewed 16th December 2012

"Just got back from 2 weeks at the Diamond of Bodrum and really had a great time. The Hotel is about 25 minutes transfer from the airport. It is set over 7 stories and is in the perfect location. Its right on the beach and near the shops and bars but not too near! Rooms : Ours was a nice size, fresh towels were supplied daily and room was cleaned every day. Email the hotel before you go and request a sea view as you will be missing out on a gorgeous view if you dont get a sea view room. Hair dryers are provided in the room and there is a tv but it only has about 2 english channels. Air Conditioning and shower were very good. Pool area: Gets busy very early, people put their towels down before 8am! Swimming pool is kept clean and its a nice temperature. Beach towels are provided every day Beach: This is where we spent most of our time and the Diamond has its own private beach area and there are plenty of sunbeds there, we never struggled to get a sunbed on the beach. The sea is very cold but its welcomed in such hot weather. The beach is kept clean and tidy. Food and Drink: Breakfast is served up until 10.30 and there is a wide variety of things to chose from. Pancakes and Omlettes are cooked daily infront of you. There is also cereal, toast, fruits and yoghurts and fry up things like eggs, sausgages etc. Lunch and Dinner are the same kind of set up, buffet style with a selction of salads, meats, rice, chips etc. there is a different meat/fish grilled fresh infront of you every day and also pasta is cooked infront of you every day also and you can chose your pasta and chose what sause you want on it. Alcoholic drinks are weak and Beer is not great. Rose wine is nice but ask for it with ice. Entertainment: There really is no entertainment in this hotel, we had a turkish belly dancer one night and a 3 man band on another occasion but this was it. Shopping: There is a market on Monday by the bus station (just pop on the bus for 2lira and get there, HAGGLE and you can get things really very cheap! What the vendors tend to do is say a price and then if you half it and they will meet you in the middle. There are also lots of shops down by all the bars and this is where you will get better quality bags, clothes and sunglasses. Again make sure you haggle and get yourself a good price. Trips: We did a boat trip which we booked with Thomas Cook and paid around £35 but to be honest it wasnt that great. The boat leaves at 10 and you dont get back until around 5 and its a bit boring as you just stop at random locations in the sea and cant do much. The food was nice on the boat though. We also did the Aqua Park. It is OK but thats about it. There are 2 brilliant rides and then a few ok ones, again here we were dropped off at 11 and picked up at 4.30 and this was far too long, 2 hours would have been enough. It was only £14 each though and the food in the park was reasonably priced. I will say though that DO NOT pack any food and drink to take with you because this gets conviscated when you go into the park and you cannot get this back. The Strip: Just about a 7 minute walk from the hotel is a long strip of bars, clubs and shops. Shops are open until late around 11.30 and bars are open till about 3am and dont get busy until late. We walked past about 12 anad they are not busy. There is also a big club called Halikarnis and this is open every night until around 5am. Weather: We were there for 2 weeks and had 14 days of glorious sunshine with not a single cloud in the sky. It gets very hot and one day we were told it was 50 degrees so do take some high factor sun cream with you. Photos: Definatly get some of the proffesional photos done at the hotel. we got some done and there are really lovely and the men do you a brilliant deal. Overall: Overall i would not hesitate to recommend this hotel. It is clean, tidy and in a excellent location. My only complaint would be the bar staff and waitors. They were VERY slow. For example we would order our drinks as we sat down to eat and then wouldnt get them until we had finshed our dinner. Service was extreamly slow at the bar, there would be 5 barmen serving noone anad would take about 5 minutes for them to serve you! Also the hotel didnt have many English guests, the majority of guests were Dutch. All in all this was a fabulous holiday and i would definalty return to Turkey. Any questions please ask"

• Travel date: 18th July 2008

Great Hotel & Great Staff

Reviewed 31st October 2012

"What can i say apart from perfect. You could not want for a better location. Yes this hotel is not a 5* more like a 4* but this is made for by the great staff who do all they can to make your stay perfect. There are only two things i would say they need to improve on is the pool area & sun deck area and they need to enforce their rule of not saving sun beds. We got there at 05:30am and there were towels out then, not going to say where the people come from. They need more Brit's at this hotel, as we say please and thank you instead of barking oders. and we did get better service from the staff. If you go look out for Mizam and Omer in the restuarant and the main man,Himmet at the pool bar."

• Travel date: 21st June 2008

just to start off with i just want to sa...

Reviewed 13th May 2008

"just to start off with i just want to say that the diamond of bodrum was worth every penny.me and my partner have been to turkey a few times and found the hotels we stayed in ok but this one was fantastic.the balcony was a bit small but who goes on holiday to stay in!!!!the rooms were cleaned daily,clean towels daily.we were there for 2 weeks all inclusive and not once did we have to complain about anything.the food was fantastic and the staff were very smart and welcoming and spoke very good english.the pool area was nice and relaxed with free sunloungers,towels,umbrellas and. a pool bar that plays background music,but be warned the pool is freezing which is nice when your baking in the sun over there because its boilin.there isnt much entertainment at night otha than live bands but the hotel is a 5 minute walk from the mains restaurants and bars(i recommend costa del sol bar or dejavu bar for a good nite out) the hotel also has a passageway that takes you on to the beach which has free sunbeds and umbrellas.overall it was a fantastic holiday and we have already booked up to go back to the diamond in july!!!!"

• Travel date: 13th May 2008

I found this holiday to be everything I ...

Reviewed 23rd April 2008

"I found this holiday to be everything I wanted it to be. I found the hotel fantastic, the food was brilliant, the hotel staff were great, the drinks were free flowing all day and night, the pool was great the view was great, and the location was also perfect, a short walk in to the markets and local town. I would definately go back cos I loved it, the only let down for me was the evening entertainment but hey I did go at the end of the season, it was a holiday to remember and ill be going back this year at the same time! Take a tip, dont book yourt excursions through your tour operator walk in to the town a few hundred yards and the trips are a lot cheaper."

• Travel date: 23rd April 2008

We have just returned from Bodrum. Staye...

Reviewed 15th April 2008

"We have just returned from Bodrum. Stayed at the Diamond Hotel (All Inclusive) & I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel. The rooms are clean & tidy & the staff are wonderful - always smiling & ready to assist. There is a fairly large variety of dishes available everyday, although the popular dishes do disappear fast - so go early. The waiters are fun & often take the mickey out of their customers. There is also some form of entertainment every other day. As it was my birthday, I even had a cake baked & decorated specially for me. No charge. Great stuff. The hotel is based in Bodrum it self & is a short walk from the center of the town. If you need a map, ask the receptionist or walk down to the Tourist Center, near the castle. Do not be tempted to spend 4TL in the book shop. DO NOT hire a car. The streets are narrow & mostly unmarked & all tourist sites are within walking distance. If you want to travel to the next town, use the local buses. They are cheap & cheerful. If you have booked with the tour operator, DO NOT buy their tour packages at the welcome party. Rather, walk out of the hotel, pick one of the agencies & book through them. Not only are they cheaper, you can bargain & they are all willing to negotiate on the already low price plus you also get picked up (and dropped) at the hotel. No problems at all. Their guides are fully trained. We managed to get Turkish Baths, plus shopping trips for free when we booked a day trip to Dalyan. Hope this helps. K"

• Travel date: 15th April 2008

The most terrible trip

Reviewed 5th November 2012

"We've been to this as it is called "5 stars" hotel last end of August-beginning of September. By we I mean my lovely mom, my husband and me. First of all, believe me it's not 5 stars,it's not even 3. Yes,there is always splendid view and nothing else.Territory is very small, and by small I mean incredibly small,especially the beach part .And if you dont want to spend your holidays in the company of over drunk 24/7, non-educated, strange looking ,and over-agressive Dutch people ,who can't stop eating even when the official dinner time is closed and restaurant should be closed and the concert (at least that's what they call the amusing program) then better go somewhere else. ADVISE : GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!"

• Travel date: 22nd January 2008

I have just come back from the Diamond o...

Reviewed 6th November 2007

"I have just come back from the Diamond of Bodrum hotel in Turkey. I went for a quiet week in the sun, and that’s exactly what I got. This hotel is classed as 5 STAR however this I judged by the Turkish tourist board not the UK. I would not quite give it a 5 STAR rating but a 3-4 STAR. Rooms: very clean and tidy, shower worked well and electric was fine. The air conditioning was not very good though, thankfully we were not in the middle of summer and the temperature was a little cooler, otherwise I think we would have melted. Even though you are all inclusive this does not include the mini bar in your room, using this works out to be very expensive. Pool: the pool area needs some work doing to it, the sun beds are old, and WARNING use two cushions on them otherwise you will have a bad back or the rest of your holiday after the first day. The pool itself was freezing cold; I mean it made your body go numb it was that bad. There is an indoor pool but who wants to swim indoors when the weather was so nice out? Food: breakfast was a mixture of either cold buffet or eggs and pancakes. freshly cooked around the pool side. Lunch was very nice plenty to choose from hot and cold. Evening meal was much the same. Lots to choose from and plenty for the kids to eat too. You also had a snack bar where you could get pizza chips etc. Entertainment in house entertainment was very limited a two piece band one night and some Turkish belly dancing another. not quite my cup of tea. Bars: during the day you have a pool side bar where you can get hot and cold drinks from until about 6pm however this may open later in the peak season. In the evening you can site on the roof top bar which has fantastic views over Bodrum bay, or you can sit in the Lobby bar again has a nice view over the bay. I think in the peak season the pool bar is open and you can site outside. The all inclusive is NOT 24 hours. you can get your first free drink at the bar from around 10 am and this goes on until approx midnight. obviously you can get a drink with your breakfast. When we went to our welcome meeting with the Thomas Cook rep, we were told that we should not walk along the seafront to the bars and town after dark as it not entirely safe and we should walk along the back road. HOWEVER I walked along the seafront every night to the town and bars and did not see anyone except a few locals on their fishing boats. In fact the seafront walk is twice as well lit as the back road way plus you have three security guard stations along the front. From the hotel you will see Bodrum castle across the other side of the bay, this looks much further than in actually is. It took around 15 - 20 mins to walk there from the hotel along the sea front. passing all the shops and bars on the way. (10TL per person to enter well worth it). Overall I was impressed with the hotel and the service given. but this is definitely a better place to visit slightly out of season as in the peak time you would not have the room the swing a cat. Speaking of which cats and dogs are everywhere along the seafront and town. The hotel itself has a family of cats that sit around the pool side and three lovely little kittens that are very well looked after not only by the hotel but the guests as well. I think many wanted to take them home with them as you could not help but stop and play with them, and I’m not even a cat lover but I did too."

• Travel date: 6th November 2007

Hotels near Diamond of Bodrum

Top traveller tips for Diamond of Bodrum

• by Micthom10

"boat trips were fab and food in town good and reasonably priced"

• by Brugles

"Stay at a different hotel amd enjoy the beautiful location"

• by jillstar77

"Cruise to Kos is worth it!"

• by jillstar77

"great for shopping...and eating!"

Diamond of Bodrum is also called

• diamond hotel bodrum