Club Hotel Sts Bodrum

Yahsi Yalisi Asma Sok. No:30, Ortakent 48400 Turkey

Better then a shack....

"This was an all inclusive holiday booked at a reasonable price for a week, to be honest we expected a shack but it wasn't as bad as that. Upon arrival you do wonder how you are going to last the week, but as previous reviews say the rooms are clean and towels changed daily even if the maid does turn the air con off so your room is like a sauna when you return! Travelling as 2 single girls is always a daunting experience especially in muslim countires but having travelled to UAE I have never experienced such unwanted attention in my life, to the extent a certain waiter was inappropriate in his comments, not that the management cared. We later found out a complaint had been put in against him but nothing done about it. Do not leave any female companions on their own!!!!
The food was edible and was local food, but you arein turkey not the UK so what do you expect., although more choice and variety would have been nice, we ate one night in a chinese in gumbet where we were picked up and dropped off, I think it's called big china - well worth a visit, food is delicious!! Drinks are watered down at the hotel, the vodka tastes of water, no wonder we didn't get drunk on it. Wine ran out at pool bar on day 3 and was never replaced.....not good service for an all inclusive.
Overall, the hotel served its purpose it had a bed, shower and sun. Would I stay there again.....not on your life, I have back packed in better places than this. Do not book this hotel, any holiday company representing them should be questioned.

Oh and the pool is still cloudy, they not a clue how to clean it!! And the pool music irritating and loud the same CD repeated over and over again,

But the local people and area are absolutely lovely"

• Travel date: Sun 27th of June 2010

Not All Inclusive!!!

"The location of the hotel is excellent, right on the beach. The rooms are clean. However, the all inclusive is not very good with watered down drinks and the food left a lot to be desired - boiled eggs for breakfast every single day!! The hotel staff and especially reception are not at all helpful. We asked if we could extend our room from 12.00 on the last day as we had a night flight and without even checking we got a "NO". They also removed our band which meant we had to pay for everything for the rest of the day and it is not cheap - about £2 for a coffee and £5 for a malibu and coke. You could not use the bar downstairs unless you bought a drink and so the only place to sit was a couple of tables outside by the beach or in the restaurant and these seats really were very uncomfortable. We ended up at the Eris Hotel most evenings and the waiters and service there was ten times better than STS. I have been to a lot of all inclusive and this really was light all inclusive and therefore we spent a lot more money than we anticipated. If it had not been for the Eris Hotel, location and weather it would have really spoilt our holiday. Also, watch and double check the coach transfers - they tend to lose the paperwork for the bookings and some people ended up paying twice and the unhelpful hotel wanted to charge £50 per person!!."

• Travel date: Thu 24th of June 2010

Unusual!

"When you arrive you will think OMG!! what have we done, as it is a little run down and insignificant looking, but after a night's sleep hopefully like us you will soon warm to the place. The waiters are just lovely however the two receptionists are rude and lazy, the owner is not much better spending his day strutting around playing with his worry beads! They are on to a winner with the 'reduced all inclusive' as you have to be alert to catch the meal times. Rooms are basic but very clean, there is no entertainment but we found a few nice local bars and a club in the bay which is friendly as are all the locals. The beach is grim and stoney but after saying all that we had a lovely week and were sad to leave but that was due to the lovely local people we met, mainly outside the hotel!"

• Travel date: Tue 22nd of June 2010

everything here is forbidden

"well where do i start....... .........the airport is miles away from the hotel,so when ur stuck on a bus with the guest from hell (pissed as a fart and talking utter crap) then the last thing u want is to be on there for an hr and a half . When u get to the hotel the streets are like something from Ross Kemp on gangs. The roads if you could call them that are very uneven and i dont think they have every heard of a driving test, however they all certainly know how to press their horns.

On a good note the hotel was very clean, rooms were cleaned daily and we were given fresh towels every day. most of the staff were very friendly and spoke enough english to get by, however there was one member of staff who was probably the most annoying person i have ever met. whenever we asked for anything we were told it was forbidden, we werent asking for much just a tray to help us carry our drinks or a larger glass. This man was a serious pain in the rear.

The food leaves alot to be desired, if you want to come home half a stone lighter then this is the place for you. Got really fed up with eating feta cheese salad for breakfast lunch and dinner. The drinks are very limited and very much watered down so if ur expecting a boozed up holiday then forget it. The only thing that gets u drunk is the Raki (which i think is the only word our very annoying waiter knew).
It is a very quiet resort and not really recommended for groups of single people who want a booze up.

The best thing about this holiday was the people we met, have got 2 new very funny mates who are gems. So am glad that i went for this reason alone. Had we not met them then i think our holiday would have been the holiday from hell.

Would i go again............... yeah if it was free."

• Travel date: Wed 16th of June 2010

warning to anyone stupid enough to book this hotel, don't cry later

"I must say reading these previous reviews on my return made me laugh. Clearly the morons that wrote them seem to think its quite acceptable to stay at a hotel that is nothing like what the tour operators describe; where having things stolen from your locked room is fine, eating salad and bread all week is fine and you get treated like a second class citizen is dandy!
Having been to all inclusive Turkey (Bodrum and Gumbet) four times in five years, I'm well versed in forming a fair opinion about the hotels and area. My girlfriend and I travel there virtually every year for budget week in the sun as do most Brits.

Let’s start with the positives because to be fair a review is not worth reading without weighing up both sides. We had almost 30 degrees of clear skies every day and the Turkish people are lovely people in general lets not forget, don't let one hotel ruin your perception, we wouldn't go every year otherwise. The pool bar guys (Aaron) that serve you drinks all day are great and always up for a laugh, which was good because we threw them in the pool a few times! The hotel and rooms are generally clean and "clean" towels are changed at random times daily.

NEGATIVES: Well to start with you should remember you get what you pay for in life and this is a classic example! Don't believe any of the BS the operators tell you, the transfer is 1hr30mins at best from the airport, we were lucky; some guests got only half way and had to get a cab. The hotel is NOT in Bodrum, Ortakent, that’s about 45mins away from Bodrum town at the cost of £30 cab each way, or a £2 local bus, which FYI is exactly how you imagine except on the way back you could wait up to an hour for the bus to fill before the driver decides to go. Not everyone gets a pool view even though all your tickets will say so; ours was facing a wall and bush on the ground floor. I did try and change it after we arrived, but in the manager's words "if you ask too many questions then we'll see", which in my books is a threat from the man who is responsible for his guests, I did refrain from punching him as it was only the first day and I heard the alternative hotel was worse!
The pool area was pretty standard to what we're used to, the rush of Brits that surrounded us on the first morning with lists of complaints was not. If it wasn't for the sheer amount of lovely British people who entertained and helped us with what ever we needed, I’d been getting a full refund from my holiday company including compensation (all the lilos and balls are ours not the hotels, they tried to charge us for using stuff that was donated by friends who had left, scumbags, stick together!).
Don't buy sun cream from anywhere but the pharmacy, it may be expensive but semi-skimmed milk has no protection and it will cost you in severe burns, and I have never burnt on holiday. Pack all valuables in your case, the cleaners will nick small stuff on your first couple of days, ours was my girlfriends expensive sun cream hence purchasing the milk crap and some money, other guests had worse. Don't complain, one lady had her complaint form thrown away after writing it, no one is going to care if you hadn't realised, one guy chased the rep round the car park because the kids club was a swing and slide and was told he has to look after his own damn kids! The all inclusive restaurant is not in the hotel, it is above a paying one at the beach, about 1min from the hotel. Food is the same salad stuff every day for all meals; most people had bread and butter (no toaster - not even the conveyor belt heater we all know and love), some variety of meat stew and their version of cream cakes. And before your start saying that I'm fussy you should consider I have been to over a dozen all-inclusives including four in turkey! Drinks - well the squash ain't bad, neither is the soft drinks, wine and beer you get used to, vodka however is frozen in the morning, vodka doesn't freeze, mix it with water anyone? Imports are about £5 a drink, bring money to eat and drink out if your still going, and travel of course, not really the point on all-inclusive is it? We ate out a couple of times including Charlie's Chinese trip, £18 well spent as it included transport. Don't forget mosquito bite stuff, and self diagnose, the nurse doesn't speak English and wanted some girl who had only bruised her foot go to a Turkish hospital for an x-ray, oh dear!
I'm sorry if you experienced the same or will do shortly, I know it's cheap but there's a reason for that, it's tight at the mo but another £50 gets you a holiday you deserve. I've done my bit so more of you don't suffer, never experienced anything so horrid, glad to be home, the manager's friend on arrival joked in Turkish "more bloody English", let's not make them suffer any longer and get this place closed down. Happy holidays! We still love Turkey btw, even though the standards are dropping and prices rising."

• Travel date: Wed 16th of June 2010

Good value no frills holiday

Good

"We stayed all inclusive for £200 each the week before the May spring bank holiday. The room was comfortable but the apartments were noisy at night with arrivals, departures and also with guests coming home from clubs so we had a few disturbed nights. Air con was included but not mosquito nets so take along some insect repellent.

Pool went a dirty green on day two but was back to normal within two days. Lots of algae on the pool walls even on our last day. Rooms very clean, restaurant clean and staff helpful if a little on the lazy side. It could have a been an amazing place with a few minor changes and a bit of effort by the staff. Our bags had been 'gone through' on day one although the only thing that went missing was some allergy tablets, despite us having an mp3 player and other bits with us. If they'd asked us for some we'd have happily have given them - bit sad that really.

The food was typically Turkish, lots of great vegetable dishes and salads to choose from at every meal and plenty of bread around. Desserts were nice with lots of choice again. Had chips a couple of times in the week. If you expect meat and two veg or steak and chips then go elsewhere, this is good quality local food not British food. Eggs and pancakes available at breakfast. Meat eaters like us found the meat a bit sparse at times but always VERY tasty. Be prepared to try new things as everything we had was good. We were occasionally hungry as there wasn't really any snacking between meals and we didn't always like the main courses (I ate most of them and loved it, but my other half was a bit more fussy). We both lost weight and felt better for it.

Don't book your trips with the onsite rep, walk to the restaurant, turn right and go down the prom until you turn a corner, on the corner is a lady in a tour office and the same tours are half the price they are at the hotel! She also does a better exchange rate for GBP to Turkish Lire.

We got the local bus to Bodrum, runs regularly through the day. Tuesday is Milas Market which is interesting. The marina/harbour is lovely. Very cheap to get there, around £7.50 for the three of us there and back.

We left a deposit on the table tennis bats and ball, this was not returned to us when the items went back to reception as whoever had hired them to us had pocketed the cash and not allocated them to our room! Do get a receipt for anything you buy or hire!

We booked our transfers through A2BTransfers.com and put our hotel name and address as our specific destination. Unlike a lot of people ours were smooth and on time and we didnt' pay twice, lots of other did! So watch out, if you book a transfer the hotel is not in Bodrum it's 45 mins away at best, so be careful!

If I went there again, I'd try another part of Turkey. The hotel is nice, rooms comfortable and we spent lots of time round, or in the pool and just relaxed. It was ideal for us. If you want to be active and go on tours etc then you can. Many went on boat trips and loved them, so do give that a try. Entertainment was really only on Turkish Night, nice enough and gave a flavour of the local folk dancing and belly dancing. I'd have expected more of this but it was early in the season.

However, given than the resort had really just opened for the season it had the atmosphere of everyone being 'tired and fed up' of the visitors rather than welcoming with open arms that we had in Majorca last year and Portgual the year before.

If you're looking for nights out and clubs then go to nearby Gumbet instead, that's got more nightlife according to the youngsters we spoke to, who were paying 60 lire at taxi there each time (around £30).

On the whole, it was a great value, relaxing holiday and we enjoyed it. Just have your wits about you when you sort out transfers, trips or book anything."

• Travel date: Mon 7th of June 2010

Definitely value for money - was pleasantly surprised.

"I couldn't find much reviews on this hotel before I left so I didn't really know what to expect. The few I did find, all mentioned the lack of english speaking - that must have been a while ago because I never had this problem. Most of the staff do speak very good english, and for those who do not, they speak just enough for you to get by plus there's always someone else who could help with any enquiries.
I enjoyed the food - lots of lovely salad stuff (I'm a veggie so this worked fine for me - not sure what the meateaters might say).
Staff very helpful and friendly....Beach is pebbles and freezing cold water - so if you want exquisite beaches I wouldn't go to Bodrum....though the water is very clear blue and beautiful to look at. I went in the kast week of May and the weather was absolutely gorgeous - though it can get quite chilly at night (especially as you're by the sea) so a few cardies and jeans/trousers wouldn't go a miss!
Don't know what else to say really....I would stay there again.....any questions just ask!
I was going to upload photos but just have a look on their website as all the info is very truthful. www.stsotel.com"

• Travel date: Fri 4th of June 2010

Fantastic value for money in a quiet location great access to the beach

"myself ,my husband and our four year old daughter stayed here from the 10th May 2010 for 2 weeks. We paid £824.00 for an all inclusive package. Having booked the hotel I decided to check out the reviews on this website.

The review I read automatically made me think oh my god why have I booked this place!!. However this was not the case as we had a fantastic time.Our room was spotlessly clean and was serviced every day by a really friendly housekeeper.

The staff although didnt speak much English (but why would they they are Turkish!!) were very friendly and professional making us feel very at home. The food was to a high standard with plenty of choice although I did think they could have catered a bit more for children.

I agree with the review left before mine that the grounds could be a bit more cared for however the pool area was cleaned everynight.On the fourth day the pool filter broke which meant the pool turned a funny colour green.The management quickly arranged for all the guests to use the 5 star hotel opposite and let us make use of the complementary drinks and food for 3 days while the filter was broken this was fine by us!

The resort is very quiet and there is not much to do on a night after you have eaten. If you are wanting bars and clubs this is not the place for you. As we were on a family holiday it was perfect for us as we practically had the place to ourselves as it was out of season.

The bus service is frequent and cheap, there are no bus stops as such they just seem to stop anywhere! Bodrum is about 45 mins away and has a lovely marina with plenty of great shops to while away a few hours.

All in all we had a fab time. We would visit Turkey again but would visit a different area."

• Travel date: Fri 4th of June 2010

lovely location but bit tired around the grounds - staff way too relaxed & spoke virtually no english

"Just got back from 8 day trip to STS hotel. hotel was clean, bathroom was clean but water in sink a bit smelly and was not bolted to wall, toilet not on wall was kinda loose, there was free air con a bonus but no screens on windows so beware of mosquitos, NO safe in room, have to pay 2 euro/4 lira a day to rent an old 2-key locker in reception.

Staff were always smiling but spoke virtually NO English except for a lady in reception that spoke 4 languages with some basic English. still hard to communicate with staff though. pool was clean and lovely to swim in. closed at 7pm though! pool pump area around pool was left open all 9 days with warning signs posted, looked unsightly and a bit dangerous if you had kids. music was played all day around the pool - same songs repeated - mostly Turkish. Other guests had to ask for English music. we had our Ipods so didn't worry too much. There were no activities around the pool. staff came into the pool bar in the middle of the pool every now and again. they actually spent most of their time on their laptops!!! everytime we saw them they were on social networks.

Food was ok but not great. Breakfast for all 9 mornings consisted of cucumber, tomatoes, feta cheese, white cheese, olives (6 kinds), steamed egg omlette sqaures something or other, turkish sausage in tomatoe sauce with onions and peppers, sliced salami/faux sandwich rounds, no real orange juice - just orange squash & red squash, turkish tea/instant coffee, toaster only worked on 1side so had to que most mornings, white bread, some brown bread and rolls, but ran out constantly, watermelon was only fruit offered, sponge cake slices, corn flakes, cocoa pops and a hard boiled egg. I made cheese on toast most mornings. was hoping they'd change the menu but not the case.

Grounds were kept relatively clean, the maintenance man hosed down the pool area every day. they could have trimmed some of the trees as you had to duck down to not get smaked in the face. there were weeds everywhere- a bit of weeding would have made the place look more kept up.

Overall the place was clean, not too roudy and had great access to the beach and promenade. Not in a very happening area though. Once you've done the strip it got kinda boring after a while - I'd go to gumbet or bitez for more to do. you can take the dolmus (local mini bus) for that - cheap.

Did a few excursions - booked them ourselves and they were great. took a local boat trip from the harbour - boat wasn't crouded, we were only English people on board of 12. Coves they took us to were beautiful and great swimming. lunch was provided - pasta, salad and lamb meatball with drink provided. day was 5 1/2 hrs trip. took another trip to Dalyan coast by coach - 2 1/2 hours to get there a bit long but the scenery through the mountains was great. WATCH though because they stop several times for breakfast if want - but very expensive and horrible food. they also make a sneaky tour to a diamond factory - they all seem to do this - so watch out, they are too high pressured but be firm. once at the Dalyan coast we took a boat trip to the mud bath & hot springs - funny seeing everyone covered in clay lined up to dry then dipping into mineral pool. then after that you go to Turtle beach - swim for 1 hours in the surf - EXCELLENT FUN !!!!! then back on the boat to see the toombs in the mountains. take your camera. then 2 hr bus ride back to bodrum then your hotel.

Market day in Bodrum on Tues was fun - you can haggle til you drop for bargains. Local maket in Turguetries (sp?) on Saturday was a bit smaller but just as fun - with access to beach close.

Overall we had good sun and had a relaxing time. Not sure we'd go back to this hotel but will go back to Turkey."

• Travel date: Tue 1st of September 2009

Ignore negative reviews...remember you get what ya pay for if ya want five star then pay five star dont pay three and expect five then moan !!

Good

"Just back from this complex .. to be perfectly honest this was a value for money all inc week away booked last minute ..our room was clean spacious fresh and bright..the pool cleaned each night well maintained and kept clean from cups etc all through the day by staff who where all great polite and as helpful as they could be! Food was o.k nothing special but ive had worse in other all inc places .... the food hall was rather ermm school canteen feel but if you were lucky enough to get a table on the balcony that solved that! location was half way between bodrum and turgitres also gumbet ..a bus ride away about 475 lira each ... bus service running all night long and very frequent ..taxi about 55 lira to either location .. all in all ill be honest if ya paying less than 400 each for a holiday then don't expect a 600 quid holiday ..club sts is more than fine for any one who are on the level !!

• Travel date: Tue 13th of August 2013

Average place , acceptable if you are on a budget and easily pleased.

"I stayed at the STS hotel in october 2012. First impressions were WHERE THE HELL ARE WE as the bus dropped us off in the dark and we walked down a dark alleyway! rooms are clean but run down and basic. Maids come daily and replace towells etc it is very standard but acceptable afterall you only sleep there! balconys are tiny with room for one chair and a table. not ideal if u like to sit out on the balcony or u have several smokers in your group.
HA now for the staff. Lets just say watch out and dont believe anything they say! They are very crafty trying to get us to go to gumbet every night and pocketing any cash they can on flogging excursions etc. we did book through Eric (the rep) once and the trip was good but i would advise looking around for deals first. Generally the staff were a laugh if you are the easy going sort but i wouild say be careful if you are a group of young girls, heard a lot of dodgy goings on of people knocking on girls doors etc. JJ is moody and sleazy. Ziggy behind the bar is just angry most of the time.
dont expect great food here it was mostly vile. Didnt eat hardly anything, breakfast was salad or bread or weird meat. same for dinner the same salad bar. dont expect english food but at the same time dont expect local, tasty turkish food it was just cheap, disgusting rubbish. thank god for the bread baskets cos its what most of us lived on. desserts were sugar with sugar sprinkled on!!
as for the all inclusive bar, it is all watered down and closes at 11. then you have to pay. you are allowed 1 cup per person and u are not even allowed to go up for u and someone else they wont give u 2 cups. its ridiculous.
we had a fantastic holiday purely because of the people we met and being thirty seconds from the beach was lovely. but dont expect anything amazing and tbh i wouldnt recommend even bothering to go to the STS it has nothing that another hotel cant offer. DONT BOTHER!!!"

• Travel date: Thu 13th of December 2012

Great Value For Money

"My partner and I spent 2 weeks here and wished we could have stayed longer. The rooms were basic but clean, your not paying for the Hilton. Staff were brilliant would do everything they could for you. We both enjoyed learning a bit of turkish with them , they really appreciated us speaking the bit we knew we came back knowing a good bit more of the language. The pack of dogs were not a problem to us as we both love animals they used to come for a walk with us, even tried to come on a day trip with us. Met some really nice people there but there were plenty of moaners too dont know why they go abroad if they want McDonalds. Food was basic turkish cuisine came back heavier than we went and are going back to Club STS Hotel next year."

• Travel date: Wed 21st of November 2012

Hotels near Club Hotel Sts Bodrum

Stayed at Club Hotel Sts Bodrum? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Club Hotel Sts Bodrum

• helen by helen

"we loved it, but it's not everyone's cup of tea "

• kazzamba by kazzamba

"simply sit back and be pampered. "

• aud atkinson by aud atkinson

"Get the bus into bodrum and go on a day boat trip great "

• brightongirl1122 by brightongirl1122

"stock up with food because u will be hungry! "

• Sarah M by Sarah M

"dont go the end of ramadam aug ish ....no disrespect but turks were ignorant ! "