Bodrium Hotel & You Spa

Eskicesme Mahallesi, Buyuk Iskender Cad. No: 13, Bodrum City 48400 Turkey

Quiet but very nice

"I stayed here during the end of the Turkish tourist season.

The service was good but then again I was the only person staying here for a week. The location is a good one, being about 10 minutes walk from Gumbet and around 20 minutes from central Bodrum. If you're looking for something a bit more busy, there are McDonalds and Dominos very nearby and it's possible to get dolmuses to Turgetreis and other places from very nearby.

The rooms, while compact, were nice and scrupulously clean. The free wi-fi was great, but you need to get a password from the helpful people at the reception. On the downside, the minibar was outrageously expensive - one chocolate bar was 10TL, about 4 GBP!

The facilities in the hotel were good. The pool setting is very nice, gets the sun all day. The pool was a bit cold but it was good to cool down from the heat during the day. The Spa is also very nice - sauna, steam room, turkish bath and a very well equipped gym.

The food was very tasty - the excellent turkish breakfast was included in my room rate. I had lunch a couple of times and was impressed - the helva souffle was absolutely amazing!

Overall, I enjoyed my stay here - the biggest downside was the lack of other people but I think this wouldn't be an issue in the high season."

• Travel date: Fri 30th of October 2009

Great Place

"We liked it. Real five star standards in a place where standards are not the same as they are in big cities, and very few number of rooms. This translates to friendliness minus the crowd and business-like atmosphere of five-stars.
I don't know how it was in previous years, as have some reviewers have complained, but in the august of 2009 the place was priced very adequetely. (about 120 euros for double) And this is in a time where everything is overpriced. I always follow the reviews when I am going to stay in a hotel, and I find the ones in tripadvisor very accurate and valuable. But when it comes to value, I think most commenters usually fail to compare what they get with what they pay for, and this place offered EXCELLENT value."

• Travel date: Tue 18th of August 2009

Lovely, quiet place, great service

Good

"We have just returned from a lovely stay at the Bodrium. It was so quiet, we were literally the only people around the amazing pool for most of the time, occasionally there was one other person there.

The pool is amazing, big, clean and lovely to relax around with great swinging hammock chairs and a little bar. It was a lovely little oasis.

The rooms were lovely, spotlessly clean, nice, modern decor. My only gripe would be the bathroom was a bit small but actually you don't spend all that much time in there so it really wasn't an issue!! They have some lovely products too - the cinnamon soap was a definite hit! They have free wifi in the rooms which was an added bonus. Unlike the other reviewer we had no problem at all with piped music, didn't hear that at all and we had a very peaceful stay there.

Breakfast was nice - lots of breads and cheese, jams etc The orange juice wasn't fresh but a kind of squash which was a shame, I would have liked some fresh fruit juice but the rest of it was good.

The staff were amazing and very sweet, particularly towards our two young children. We were made to feel very welcome.

All in all we had a lovely stay here and I wouldn't hesitate to return to this hotel."

• Travel date: Tue 16th of June 2009

Luxury

"We stayed here for a few days break before our honeymoon. 1st time to turkey and loved it. Classy, beautiful, delightful! The turkish bath was pure indulgence definitely do it!!!!! AMAZING as a couple!! The rooms are fantastic and all differently chicly done out. Amazing quite staff and very close to all of bodrum's St Troez style marina. Defintely go to the Marina Yacht Club!"

• Travel date: Fri 22nd of May 2009

An Oasis in a a desert

Good

"This is a decent but not perfect (where is?) place to stay in Bodrum. It has pretensions toward a 5 star luxury spa hotel but I'm not sure that the area quite has the expertise in the hotel game to provide it.

The biggest plus point for me was that the pool area is fantastic. Comfortable beds, an immaculate large pool and those hammock chairs. Wow! It is truly lovely.

My bedroom was well appointed with a very comfortable queen size bed but the soundproofing was rubbish. You can hear next door and upstairs moving around and their TV, so sometimes sleep can be tricky...and if you've not slept well, you probably don't want to be woken by the droning piped music that permeates the place from 7.30. am onward. Don't tell them, but I disconnected the speaker outside my door. If you like a big bathroom, forget the standard priced room. Mine was literally a shower, a loo and a sink, with just enough room to open the door.

The breakfast is decent but limited in choice. Lovely fruits and yoghurts and bread, but not much in the 'hot' bufet on offer. Fried eggs or omelettes made to order but my greatest breakfast gripe was that there was not a decent cup of coffee to be had in the place...it's Nescafe and the very attentive and delightful waiters don't know how to make it.

The pool bar menu is overpriced and my one experience was pretty poor. I bought a burger for £12.00 which was awful.

The location also lets the place down a bit. It's right on the edge of Bodrum, which in itself is a place I wouldn't go back to for more than a couple of days. Endless tourists being sold endless tat by money driven shop and restaurant workers, at inflated prices. You need to add in the cost of taxis to and from wherever you want to go. At £15.00 per evening into and back from Bodrum I hired a car and then had the freedom to move around the coast during the day too. The hotel is a good half hour walk from Bodrum. The closest tourist area is Gumbet which is a tattoo and beer British enclave.

Nice hotel over all though. Overpriced drinks and food but the swimming pool is truly lovely. I wouldn't stay for more than a few days though."

• Travel date: Tue 23rd of September 2008

Best hotel for the price

"This hotel was one of the best hotels I used in my 8 day trip in 4 cities. I loved every thing about this hotel and the price of 100 euro for single room was worth it. The buses pass very frequently close to the hotel. For 1.5 euro takes you within 5 minutes to the main buss station in the center of the town. The breakfast was grate; it even contained fresh squeezed orange choice?!

There is a nice new shopping center "OASIS" with lots of shops and restaurants about 10 minutes walking from the hotel.

You have to walk for a couple of minutes a small road from the hotel to reach the main street to take the bus to town and this small road does have lights so it gets very dark at night but there always were other people crossing the same road so I always felt safe. The hotels in the center of the town are cheaper but old and dirty."

• Travel date: Mon 1st of September 2008

this hotel makes bodrum worth the trip alone

"this is possibly my favourite hotel of all time... bodrum is a great coastal town and this is about a 15 minute walk out of town but it was so nice we hardly wanted to go out at all! the staff were so so helpful - they even came and picked us up when we got lost at one stage! the pool area is beautiful with enough sun beds for everyone, music playing but not overbearing, great bar area with outdoor couches to relax, breakfast is delicious and you can order omelette to order etc, we had dinner there one night and it was perfect (albeit expensive)...plus there's a welcome fruit platter in the room, gym, sauna etc, and all the beauty treatments you could need... really happy here"

• Travel date: Thu 14th of August 2008

Pure Luxery

"What a fab hotel.....even though very expensive it ooozes style and luxury...
we were upgraded to this hotel after our first being overbooked and were we glad !!! excellent place very clean
Rooms beautiful with tempa matteress's for an excellent nights sleep
staff very helpful
food excellent
sunbeds available all day
no kids n crowds
very quiet
what more can i say!!!

• Travel date: Sun 8th of February 2009

Hotels near Bodrium Hotel & You Spa

Stayed at Bodrium Hotel & You Spa? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Bodrium Hotel & You Spa

• sandradee by sandradee

"Excellent resort with plenty for everyone "

Bodrium Hotel & You Spa is also called