Atrium Hotel

Umurca Mah. Fabrika Sok. No: 21, Bodrum City 48400 Turkey

We stayed at the Atrium in Sept 2007, at...

Good

"We stayed at the Atrium in Sept 2007, at first we were given a room at the back of the hotel where no sunlight or daylight came in and was pretty dark and dismal. We asked to be moved next morning and was given a beautiful bright room. The room was basic but very very clean it was cleaned every single day by the friendly maid and fresh towels were left everyday.

The breakfast was ok a bit limited but perfectly ok ie cereal, one cooked item per day (eggs , bacon, scrambled egg, pancakes, sausages etc), but had the usual bread, cheese, jams, cold meats and coffee. As for the dinner well don't care what everybody else said previously but I thought the meals at night where very very tasty and had plenty of choice. No night was the same in 14 nights we had a different 3 main hot dishes every single night accompanied by different hot and cold meats, pastas, salads, sauces and puddings and of course plenty of bread (but you had to buy your tea and coffee). The main meal was perfectly adequate and also very very tasty the only thing I would say about meal times is it starts at 7.30pm and finishes abruptly at 9pm so if you want a late dinner YOU HAVE NO CHANCE. A word of warning if taking in any food from outside ie a takeaway, a bottle of water YES WATER any item of food or drink to be eaten in your room later then bring it in inside a carrier bag or wrapped up in your towel as security guards PULLED ME UP FOR BRINGING IN A SMALL BOTTLE OF COKE they said that all food and drink must be bought at the bar for consumption in the hotel, when I protested at 2.30am as to why I could not bring this item in reception staff QUOTED HOTEL POLICY BUT THE BAR WAS CLOSED (1AM), I could not buy from the bar my coca cola THEIR RESPONSE WAS (YOU SHOULD HAVE PURCHASED IT FROM THE BAR BEFORE GOING OUT FOR THE EVENING AND LEAVING IT IN YOUR FRIDGE). Which wasn't really a fridge more a cooler as for the whole fortnight I was there my cola and vodka barely was chilled.

We had a TV and air conditioning (which was free so don't be afraid to use it as other hotels in the area charged £25 per week to use it in this hotel it was free free free), in our room the TV had some English channels and plenty of Turkish tripe.

The pool was cleaned every single day and was cold cold cold but once you were in the water it was fine. One other thing I would say is they seem to have a 2 tier price structure re drinks at the bar, taxis, boat, outings and generally anything that a 'tourist' would drink, go to wear and use, if you are a tourist then you are charged the higher price for an item being it a taxi, drink in bar or hotel, in the market or at the bus station, but if you say before paying for anything you want or want to go to 'no yibangee' then you are charged local prices ie no yibangee means 'I am not a tourist' you will be charged the local prices for drinks, buses, boat trips, taxis etc. We found this out as we have friends living in Bodrum and they do not pay the tourist prices.

Overall this was a good hotel and in an excellant position 5 mins from the main drag and was very very clean and comfortable, staff were very friendly especially 'Oozzy' from the bar, he starts work at 7am and finishes at 1am the next morning and still up the next day to serve breakfast at 7am (how does he do that day in day out). All in all this is a great half board hotel with very very friendly and courteous staff, food is good and plenty of choice. Rooms and pool are cleaned everyday, reception staff speak English and will sort out any problems you may have quickly. No entertainment at night not even some soft music, but if you can live with that?? There is also no balconies in any room in the hotel so if you want to sunbathe you have to do it by the pool.

I have given this review as a true and honest opinion of my stay at this hotel in Sept 2007 for 2 weeks (and I am a very critical person) only downside for me was not being allowed to bring into the hotel outside food, drinks etc (but put them in your bag as security will not ask to look through your bag).

Hope this is a help to you. Eddie "

• Travel date: Sat 6th of October 2007

Main reason for going to Turkey was to j...

Good

"Main reason for going to Turkey was to join a one week gulet cruise. We decided to extend our stay by booking a hotel for a few days before and after. The price paid for our stay was so cheap that we booked for the whole two weeks and left some of our belongings at the hotel while we were on the boat.

We did not have high expectations but were very presently surprised, the room was very clean and comfortable had a fridge and tv, the gardens and pool were spotless and considering the number of guests smoking I did not see one 'dog end' lying around.

The staff were very cheerful and helpful. We were woken once or twice by rowdy guests returning to the hotel in the small hours (I don't think they were any worse than I was at that age to be fair).

The hotel was far enough away from the night life for noise not to be an issue, only a 5 minute walk from the beach and about a 2 minute walk from the bus/dolmus park.

The buffet breakfast and evening meals were ok breakfast was basic but plentiful. We checked what was available before deciding whether or not to stay in. Mainly the food was acceptable but on several occasions things like chips and hot pastries were very soggy after an hour or so, also it is optimistic to fry fish and keep it appetising for the two hours that dinner was on offer. With a little more care and thought this could easily be addressed.

We found a little restaurant about 100meters from the hotel (turn left at the gate) which was good food and good value. The taxi by this restaurant we also found to be very reasonable.

Would I go to the Atrium again? Well personally not for a two week holiday but I can't really fault it as a good value for money option it scores very highly."

• Travel date: Tue 25th of September 2007

Myself and my boyfriend stayed for one w...

"Myself and my boyfriend stayed for one week in Sep and we had a really good holiday, the room was very basic but clean. The food wasn’t very nice but to eat out it wasn’t expensive. The pool area was very clean and it wasn’t over crowded either, the staff were very friendly and the location was perfect, I would recommend atrium Hotel to anyone, There's a street which gets called Bar Street and that was were we spent most of our time we had such a good laugh and we will be back again."

• Travel date: Thu 26th of October 2006

I stayed in Hotel Atrium, Bodrum, for a...

Good

"I stayed in Hotel Atrium, Bodrum, for a week in September 2005 while visiting Turkey.The hotel was perfectly clean, staff were very courteous, friendly and helpful, the rooms were very satisfactory, the food was brilliant.

The pool was absolutely pristine, the courtyard and restaurant left nothing to be desired for, the atmosphere was very relaxed and comfortable.

And on top of that the location was great for central Bodrum! I intend to return for a fortnight in September 2006. "

• Travel date: Tue 2nd of May 2006

I selected this hotel for a mixed-nation...

"I selected this hotel for a mixed-nationality European group booking purely on what I had read about it.

I was SO pleased with what I found, from the moment I arrived to the time I departed, it was absolutely what my group required.

The staff were excellent, the rooms exactly what we needed, with mini-bar, coffee-making facilities, air conditioning, perfect bathroom and bedroom, a lovely breakfast/dining area with wonderful food, in an absolutely lovely setting only a few minutes' walk from the town centre, and SO reasonably priced!

I am truly looking forward to returning twice in 2006."

• Travel date: Wed 4th of January 2006

Hotels near Atrium Hotel

Stayed at Atrium Hotel? Share your insight.