Very basic

Reviewed Tue 11th of December 2012

"Found this hotel very basic. Rooms are old and dismal. Noisy air con, two lights didn't work and no mini bar. Bathroom functional but in need of renovation. We went half board but found the food so bad, we had to eat out elsewhere. Only good points were that it
was central and staff were pleasant."

• Travel date: Tue 13th of June 2006

I stayed in Hotel Atrium, Bodrum, for a...

Good
Reviewed Tue 2nd of May 2006

"I stayed in Hotel Atrium, Bodrum, for a week in September 2005 while visiting Turkey.The hotel was perfectly clean, staff were very courteous, friendly and helpful, the rooms were very satisfactory, the food was brilliant.

The pool was absolutely pristine, the courtyard and restaurant left nothing to be desired for, the atmosphere was very relaxed and comfortable.

And on top of that the location was great for central Bodrum! I intend to return for a fortnight in September 2006. "

• Travel date: Tue 2nd of May 2006

I selected this hotel for a mixed-nation...

Reviewed Wed 4th of January 2006

"I selected this hotel for a mixed-nationality European group booking purely on what I had read about it.

I was SO pleased with what I found, from the moment I arrived to the time I departed, it was absolutely what my group required.

The staff were excellent, the rooms exactly what we needed, with mini-bar, coffee-making facilities, air conditioning, perfect bathroom and bedroom, a lovely breakfast/dining area with wonderful food, in an absolutely lovely setting only a few minutes' walk from the town centre, and SO reasonably priced!

I am truly looking forward to returning twice in 2006."

• Travel date: Wed 4th of January 2006

The Atrium - an oasis of calm

Good
Reviewed Fri 30th of November 2012

"I stayed at the Atrium Hotel in Bodrum for two weeks in October while I was out househunting every day. As I had managed to obtain an extremely cheap last minute deal, I wasn't expecting great things, but as soon as I arrived I was more than pleasantly surprised. All the staff were extremely friendly and cheerful, from the receptionist and the breakfast waiter down to the chambermaid who cleaned out the bedroom leaving fresh towels every day. Of course it always helps if you can speak a few words of Turkish.
The room was perfectly adequate, extremely clean with air-conditioning unit,T.V. and mini-bar. There was a hairdryer in the bathroom. The best thing about the Atrium must be its central location - turn right out of the entrance and you are only a five minute walk from the harbour front and all the restaurants and shops. Turn left, and you are only ten minutes away from the bus station, the weekly bazaar and the Hamam (Turkish baths). Turn left at the traffic lights by the bus station, and you are only five minutes walk from the Marina and another set of shops.
Despite its central location, the Atrium was extremely peaceful, and my room looked out onto the central garden area. The medium-sized pool looked sparklingly clean and inviting, although I never got to try it out because of my househunting commitments. A sunny breakfast terrace was spread around the pool near to the bar. Turkish breakfast every day consisted of cheese, salami, tomatoes, cucumber, olives, hard boiled eggs, fresh bread with honey or jam and tea and coffee. If you were feeling adventurous, you could try out the old-fashioned toaster which provided toast on a conveyor belt system.
All in all I would give the Atrium top marks for a medium-priced, clean and friendly, no-frills hotel in an excellent central location. I shall definitely be going back again, and am only sorry that they close up at the beginning of November.
Barbara"

• Travel date: Tue 25th of October 2005

Hotel Atrium's first review??

Reviewed Sun 9th of December 2012

"Before I went to Turkey with the other half, I tried to find a review on the Hotel Atrium, but to no avail. Maybe this is because not many English visited this hotel and I should have been looking on Belgium or German websites, as they seem to make up the majority of the guests. This wasn’t an issue though when it came to communicating to the hotel staff as the majority of them spoke English to varying degrees.

The hotel staff were pleasant enough and helped us out when we had no communication from our holiday rep on what time we were to be picked up for our transport back to the airport, by phoning up and finding the right person to speak to.

The housekeepers were very good and our room was cleaned every day with clean towels. The room itself was fine, not the Ritz but comfortable and had air conditioning (included in room price), mini bar (containing fizzy drinks, water and beer – not overly expensive) and TV with a couple of English channels. The bed was comfortable and the shower ok.

We went Bed and Breakfast, which we were quite pleased about, as the food was the only let down, and with so many restaurants in the vicinity we had plenty to choose from.

The pool was clean and a decent size and had enough sun beds, and wasn’t really busy at any time. The bar is next to the pool so you had drinks on tap, you can add it to your tab or pay as you go too. Again the prices were reasonable.

There is only one thing that annoyed me about the hotel was that there was a security guard who would check people to see if they were bringing back there own food and drink to the room, so a tip is to bring stuff back when you are out during the day and put them in your beach bag rather than bringing back goodies in plastic shopping bags that the shops provide.

The location of the hotel was great, a stone throw from the bus station, its 10 minutes to Bar Street (turn left as you come out of the hotel) and 10 minutes from the Marina (turn right as you come out of the hotel and then turn down the main road at the buss station)

All in all we had a pleasant stay, comfortable, quite and clean with reception staff available at all times."

• Travel date: Mon 12th of September 2005