Atrium Hotel

Umurca Mah. Fabrika Sok. No: 21, Bodrum City 48400 Turkey

Had a great time

Good

"Just returned after spending one week at the Atrium Hotel with my husband and had a lovely time.The rooms are a bit basic however they are cleaned every day and clean towels are provided every day.The pool area is nice and clean however when it's busy it's sometimes difficult to get a sun bed.Just follow the rest and grab your bed in the morning! The staff are all very friendly and helpful and speak pretty good English.The food was a bit strange because it was mostly Turkish however it was very nice but there wasn't a lot of choice.I would go back to the hotel however maybe on a bed and breakfast basis next time as there's lots of restaurants to choose from in the town.It's very quiet even although it's only a few minutes from the town centre so you can be guaranteed a good night's sleep"

• Travel date: Sun 17th of June 2007

loved the Atrium

"We have just returned from a weeks holiday at the Atrium. Although the rooms are a little dated, they were cleaned everyday and clean towels provided. The pool and pool area were lovely, staff spoke good english and all were very friendly and helpful. We were a party of two couples and all thought the food good, although breakfast was very basic maybe cereal and fruit juice added to the menue would help. The evening meal is turkish food but we thought extremly tasty, and for what we paid for the hotel we certainly could not grumble. We also liked Bodrum lots to do and see although bar prices tended to be a bit pricey. All in all a great holiday and will certainly be returning."

• Travel date: Mon 14th of May 2007

Loved this very friendly and well situated hotel in the centre of Bodrum

Good

"A very nice clean hotel well situated near to all the amenities in Bodrum. very nice staff, spoke good English. beautiful pool, always very clean. plenty of sunbeds. Towels were changed every day room very clean, in need of redecoration but ok food was very basic, could do with more variety especially if on half board, b&b would be better as the hotel is near to excellent places to eat out. I would stay there again it was excellent value, and a good situation for all of Bodrum."

• Travel date: Tue 27th of February 2007

Wouldn't go there again!

"Our first impressions of the Atrium Hotel were good, with an attractive marbled pool area and plenty of plants. The double bedroom was a reasonable size, but a bit tired and in need of redecoration. The aircon produced a nasty smell like stale wet towels and obviously needed disinfecting.

Staff were mostly friendly and helpful, but beware of the prices charged for drinks and snacks.

The food was VERY POOR with only 1 choice of main course for the evening meal. The deserts were very bland and the same every night of the week we spent there. The only fruits on offer were some quite nasty apples, and one evening there was watermelon. There was never any fruit juce or yogurt available with breakfast, just bread, meat, olives and cheese - yawn!

The good points were the location, pretty much in the centre of Bodrum and its proximity to local cafes and restaurants and only a short walk from the bazar, beach and marina areas.

I really wouldn't recommend this hotel unless you are happy to avoid their food competely."

• Travel date: Sun 15th of October 2006

lovely hotel

Good

"I Have just arrived back from Atrium hotel i stayed there for one week and i had a fab time, the only problem i had with the hotel was the food, i went half board but ate out most days, You didnt know what it was or what was in it, but apart from that i think i will be back next year."

• Travel date: Wed 27th of September 2006

Location Location Location - Excellent

"Just returned from this hotel after spending a week house hunting in Bodrum.

The location is excellent, only 5-10 minutes walk to the heart of the old town and marina.
I felt very safe walking home at night alone during early hours of the morning!

The hotel is basic and could do with general modernisation so if your lkooking for a luxery retreat then this is not the one.

But, if your looking for a cheap and friendly hotel which is situated within the centre then I really do not think your find a better. The staff are friendly and the pool area is clean and not possey.

I have half board and found the food baic but tasty, I did not eat much at hotel as more fun exploring old town food places.

So would I book this hotel again, yes I would.

I would recommend that you sneak plenty of drinks and snacks in on your arrival as they do not like you brining food back to the hotel, I suppose they are only trying to make a living.

Michael
LONDON"

• Travel date: Thu 6th of July 2006

A real Turkish Oassis, Peaceful and Relaxing

"A relaxing peaceful hotel with very friendly staff and large comfortable rooms. The food was typical Turkish cuisine and very plentiful. This was the first time in my life that I actually wanted to stay around my hotel, as it was offering all I copuld wish for, sun lounger, swimming pool, sun shine and available luch at same prices as the town cafes. The rooms were clean and traditional. Plenty of storage space and with things like fly screens on the windows meant you could sleep with the windows open if you wanted to. The airconditioning worked well and was quiet. It was not easy to hear people in adjacent rooms and there was a nice class of guest staying for most of our time there. As I spent so many hours in the hotel, I think my opionion to be valued. If you don't like "foreign food" then this is not the hotel for you. I was pleasantly surprised to find that it had cost me about £10 per day for half board. I know it could have cost much more if I had eaten out every day. I tried to watch for hygiene being practised and I saw into a very spotless kitchen and the chef was properley attired including wearing gloves to touch the food. I can't wait to return"

• Travel date: Wed 21st of June 2006

Very basic

"Found this hotel very basic. Rooms are old and dismal. Noisy air con, two lights didn't work and no mini bar. Bathroom functional but in need of renovation. We went half board but found the food so bad, we had to eat out elsewhere. Only good points were that it
was central and staff were pleasant."

• Travel date: Tue 13th of June 2006

The Atrium - an oasis of calm

Good

"I stayed at the Atrium Hotel in Bodrum for two weeks in October while I was out househunting every day. As I had managed to obtain an extremely cheap last minute deal, I wasn't expecting great things, but as soon as I arrived I was more than pleasantly surprised. All the staff were extremely friendly and cheerful, from the receptionist and the breakfast waiter down to the chambermaid who cleaned out the bedroom leaving fresh towels every day. Of course it always helps if you can speak a few words of Turkish.
The room was perfectly adequate, extremely clean with air-conditioning unit,T.V. and mini-bar. There was a hairdryer in the bathroom. The best thing about the Atrium must be its central location - turn right out of the entrance and you are only a five minute walk from the harbour front and all the restaurants and shops. Turn left, and you are only ten minutes away from the bus station, the weekly bazaar and the Hamam (Turkish baths). Turn left at the traffic lights by the bus station, and you are only five minutes walk from the Marina and another set of shops.
Despite its central location, the Atrium was extremely peaceful, and my room looked out onto the central garden area. The medium-sized pool looked sparklingly clean and inviting, although I never got to try it out because of my househunting commitments. A sunny breakfast terrace was spread around the pool near to the bar. Turkish breakfast every day consisted of cheese, salami, tomatoes, cucumber, olives, hard boiled eggs, fresh bread with honey or jam and tea and coffee. If you were feeling adventurous, you could try out the old-fashioned toaster which provided toast on a conveyor belt system.
All in all I would give the Atrium top marks for a medium-priced, clean and friendly, no-frills hotel in an excellent central location. I shall definitely be going back again, and am only sorry that they close up at the beginning of November.
Barbara"

• Travel date: Tue 25th of October 2005

Hotel Atrium's first review??

"Before I went to Turkey with the other half, I tried to find a review on the Hotel Atrium, but to no avail. Maybe this is because not many English visited this hotel and I should have been looking on Belgium or German websites, as they seem to make up the majority of the guests. This wasn’t an issue though when it came to communicating to the hotel staff as the majority of them spoke English to varying degrees.

The hotel staff were pleasant enough and helped us out when we had no communication from our holiday rep on what time we were to be picked up for our transport back to the airport, by phoning up and finding the right person to speak to.

The housekeepers were very good and our room was cleaned every day with clean towels. The room itself was fine, not the Ritz but comfortable and had air conditioning (included in room price), mini bar (containing fizzy drinks, water and beer – not overly expensive) and TV with a couple of English channels. The bed was comfortable and the shower ok.

We went Bed and Breakfast, which we were quite pleased about, as the food was the only let down, and with so many restaurants in the vicinity we had plenty to choose from.

The pool was clean and a decent size and had enough sun beds, and wasn’t really busy at any time. The bar is next to the pool so you had drinks on tap, you can add it to your tab or pay as you go too. Again the prices were reasonable.

There is only one thing that annoyed me about the hotel was that there was a security guard who would check people to see if they were bringing back there own food and drink to the room, so a tip is to bring stuff back when you are out during the day and put them in your beach bag rather than bringing back goodies in plastic shopping bags that the shops provide.

The location of the hotel was great, a stone throw from the bus station, its 10 minutes to Bar Street (turn left as you come out of the hotel) and 10 minutes from the Marina (turn right as you come out of the hotel and then turn down the main road at the buss station)

All in all we had a pleasant stay, comfortable, quite and clean with reception staff available at all times."

• Travel date: Mon 12th of September 2005

Atrium

"Myself and a friend recently stayed at the "Atrium otel" for 9 nights. Our room was CLEAN and was cleaned everyday with fresh towels everyday, the bed was actually very comfy, the room came with a small fridge and air con... We had a PROPER shower (not just a shower head like alot of other places leave you with). The food is average nothing special but its edible...
It takes about 5 mins to walk to the beach (although im a very slow walker) It has shops, supermarket and bus station all close by.
The staff are also very sweet and took great care of us.
I would definatly recommend the atrium and would definatly go back."

• Travel date: Thu 25th of October 2012

We were looking for somewhere quiet but...

"We were looking for somewhere quiet but central, and on reasonably level ground as I have mobility problems. Our expectations were exceeded.

The breakfast was typical Turkish and quite adequate - tea or coffee, bread, butter, boiled egg, two sorts of cheese, liver sausage, honey and 2 jams.

Evening meal was soup, a choice from 10 cold starters (more in high season), a different hot main course each day, a desert and fruit.

But the holiday was not about the food - there is so much to see, do and eat in Bodrum that I ate out several nights.

Down sides were few - the marble paving got slippery when wet and there were no handrails by the steps. Bathroom ventilator had no fan.

Distances quoted elsewhere on the Internet were 'optimistic'. I'd say 300 metres to beach, 800-1000 to harbour. The hotel is on the edge of the Old Town.

If I return to Bodrum I'll choose the same hotel.

Things to do: The Museum of Underwater Archaeology in the Castle of St Peter is a must. The Mausoleum was one of the 7 wonders of the Ancient World has to be seen even though there is not much left. We also took a (long) day trip to Ephesus.

Slightly disappointing was a day trip to Kos, mainly because it was too early in the season.

If you like Seafood, take a Dolmush from the Otogar (bus station, about 400m away) to Gûmûshlûk. Walk down to the harbour and choose any restaurant.

We also tried Yalikavak, where they catch the fish from the harbour wall and cook it any way. The harbour there is like a giant aquarium.

We had a great time.

• Travel date: Mon 14th of April 2008

Hotels near Atrium Hotel

Stayed at Atrium Hotel? Share your insight.