Sirene Belek Hotel

Belek Turizm Merkezi Yeni Mah. Uckumpetesi Cad. No: 18, Belek 07500 Turkey

Good

Great value too many golfers

Good

"Having just returned from my second visit to this hotel to play golf,I would recomend it for groups and or people who are looking great value,be prepared to play early and five hour plus rounds ,this is mainly due to the course being filled to maximum and a lot people with little or none golfing skills.The two course's attached to the hotel are beautifully kept and a credit to the green keepers.Just one area of concern, people had money and mobile telephones stolen from the hotel ,during my stay."

• Travel date: Fri 7th of December 2007

A Very Nice Hotel

"I stayed at this hotel the week of Oct 19-26 on a golf trip. It was my first visit to this part of Turkey. Rated 4.5 stars, I found this hotel to be an excellent place to stay. While not luxurious, everything is very, very nice.

The hotel itself is large and spacious, the rooms are also large and come with a balcony, the Sat-TV has about 60 channels including 1/2 dozen English-speaking ones, the buffet had lots of variety, the food was tasty enough and always impeccably displayed. The facilities in every area were clean and well-maintained, the staff was extremely friendly and efficient, and many spoke English. The several pools were large and very clean. There were lots of SPA and wellness activities on site but most cost extra. The hotel was rather crowded mostly with golfers -- lots of Swedes, Germans, and some English as well. Drinks at the several bars were inclusive. I found the local red wine to be very acceptable and the local beer was also good. The grounds were scenic and well-kept with plenty of places to stroll. The beach is nearby and looked OK.

I played 6 golf courses in the immediate area and all were very nice and in fine condition. Yardages to the green were always well-marked from the fairway. I didn't particularly care for the National as the fairways were quite narrow, the bunkers very deep, and there was too much uncleared underbrush among the many trees. By far, the best course was the new Faldo course -- a real gem. The 2 hotel courses (Pasha and Sultan) were very nice as well.

All the courses were filled to the brim so be prepared for a 5 hour round. Most of the golfers were couples, middle-age or older, with medium to high handicaps. I went during overseeding time so the greens were a bit shaggy and on the slow side. The hotel provided a free shuttle to the Sultan, Pasha, and National courses. If you book with a golf tour company, they will provide a free shuttle to the other courses in the area and to/from the airport. So there's no need to rent a car except if you want to drive to the sites mentioned below (a car rental desk is at the hotel). Driving is easy and the roads very good. Because of the high gas prices, the roads were not crowded.

Not far away are some great sites, including Aspendos (well-preserved Roman amphitheater), the ruins from the ancient city of Perge, the ruins at Side including the remains of the temple of Apollo, and a small national park with a nice waterfall. Try not to miss these.

Prices are in Euros for everything at the golf courses so there's very little need to change money into Turkish Lira when you arrive. Gas stations take credit cards. Tips are accepted in Euros as well.

My only real complaint about this hotel is that the 2 (free) computer stations are dial-up and EXTREMELY slow. They did play easy listening pop music (mostly American) in the background. I would have preferred to hear Turkish pop music rather than these old, worn-out songs everyone has heard 10,000 times at least. I also understand it was difficult to get reservations at the several other on site specialty restaurants.

Overall, I found the hotel to be a really nice place to stay and an excellent value for the money. I highly recommend it to other travelers, especially golfers."

• Travel date: Mon 29th of October 2007

Unbeautiful Hotel

"This hotel, which was obviously built without the benefit of a talented architect, is huge. It is full of families who are obviosly deaf. The constant blaring pop music played by the main pool was both intrusive and unnecessary and prevented any form of relaxation.
The room was large and comfortable although beginning to show signs of age.
The food was very ordinary. A huge range of types of food is no substitute for well cooked food.
The golf at the nearby courses was very good.
The staff were friendly and helpful.
Robin Mackay"

• Travel date: Fri 8th of June 2007

Ten Jocks on Tour

"I am tempted to tell everyone how dreadful our experience was in th hope that nobody else has discovered it when we go back in 2 years time! Two of our party have already booked to take their families there in October. We travel abroad every couple of years for a golf holiday and this is easily the best experience we have had.
The rooms are spacious, the food good to excellent depending on the day and where you eat. The buffet can be a bit 'samey' but the themed evenings help. The service, oiled by a bit of tipping , was excellent. The all inclusive drink suprisingly good - wine suprisingly drinkable, beer excellent and branded spirits were branded spirits. Not much of a night life but we are past the stage of clubbing......though not all of group are prepared to admit this!
The leisure facilities are first rate - esp the outdoor 50 metre pool which was only for lane swimming - a rare joy. The beach is great and with most of the watersports thrown in you are not bored. We played a lot of tennis and this was a bit pricey - better to take your own racket.
The golf was sensational - the courses put ours to shame. I play at Carnoustie and on my return hit a drive on the first of the Championship and ended up in a divot - hopefully it will be better in a few weeks!. Didn't see one all week in Turkey. The Pasha great if variable standards of golfer - Sultan for the better golfers. Played the National which wasn't as well maintained and the caddies tried to hussle us, which did not go down well. Shuttle transfers to courses included and nice touch at Pasha/Sultan was the fruit and water freely available at the first tee.
Overall great venue for golfing holiday for families at a price that is unlikely to stay as competitive for long. Only downside is that there is a lot of smoking amongst the Russian guests."

• Travel date: Mon 4th of June 2007

Hotel & Golf just Great!!!

Good

"We were a party of eight staying for one week 20th-27th May 07,playing golf at the Pasha & Sultan courses each twice.All eight of us had a consensus of opinion and could not fault the Hotel with all its facilities or the golf,the all inclusive deal truly did mean that & we could not want for anything extra.We all had rooms in in the main building ,very large with two queen size beds & lounge area with chairs,table and sofa,seperate bath,shower c/w twin basins all cleaned daily.Meals in the main restaurant are buffet style with plenty of choiceand all the food facilities within the complex are open all day,when one closes the other opens.We did try the al a carte Italian & Fish restaurants but found them rather lacking in choice considering you have to queue to make a reservation the day before.Each evening entertainment is provide by the resident staff which for free we all enjoyed although the night club seemed to be rather empty perhaps in season it would be different.Plenty of shuttle transport is provided to the golf courses,it takes about 5 minutes and they run very freqently.The Pasha & Sultan are in excellent condition the harder being the Sulatn with lots of water.There were plenty of non golfing families staying at the hotel and these seem to be mostly Russian,the children had lots of facilities provided and seem to enjoy being able to access an endless supply of ice cream and drinks.You only require euros for extras at golf,buggies etc. & no need for any in the hotel as previously stated its 'all inclusive'.
All in all we had a most enjoyable time and would recommend the Sirene to both golfers and non-golfers."

• Travel date: Tue 29th of May 2007

They Steal In that Hotel!!!!

"Well, they DO steal from the safe box in the room. My wallet was left but ALL the money was gone. The hotel was not supportive at all. More than that I read in the questionary that I found in my room that the wallet was stolen from the people that stayed in that room before me. When I got home and started reading feedbacks I realised that I am not alone. They steal and then pretend that nothing has happened. Police comes, speaks in Turkish to hotel administration and that's it!!!
Don't go there. It's not worth it. There is a lot opf good hotels with good attitude."

• Travel date: Sun 20th of May 2007

A bit different, but fun!

"we were a party of two, one golfer and one non-golfer, and we both really enjoyed our holiday. The architecture is a little quirky, and the pushy Russians were a little unpleasant (oh, the pleasures of new money!); but this was more than made up for by the lovely staff, and their real pleasure in looking after you.

The whole golf set up is terrific - staff were superb, coaching first class, and the courses would satisfy anyone.

A big suprise was how green the area was, which made a welcome change from the usual "hot" golf break. We will definately go back.

Our only gripe with regard to the food/drink was the quality of the wine served. When will these people learn - but to be fair this is not a problem exclusive to the Sirene"

• Travel date: Thu 14th of September 2006

Grab a deckchair

Good

"Well you have to get up early to grab yourself a deckchair, of that there is no doubt!

My family went with 3d golf - this company was much cheaper than most and we saved about £400 from the next most expensive. You are picked up in a vip minibus and transported about half and hour to the resort.

The resort itself is somewhat made for tourists. There is not much close to the hotel other than three other hotels and the golf courses.

The hotel is very big and airy and the staff are welcoming. The hotel is ultra all inclusive - more about that later.

The rooms are very big and have twin beds. All have balconies and mini bars with a few drinks inside. The air conditioning is effective and runs between 7am and 12pm.

The clientelle is 99% German and Russian. So getting a deckchir can become problematic. You have to be up by 7.30 at the latest to stand any chance of sitting around the pool.

The facilities are good and there are two pools. One with two slides and the other an olympic size pool. There are events around the pool daily, darts, pool competitions etc - like being on a cruise but going nowhere!

There are about three resturants and the food quality is ok. They provide things like chips and pizza ranging through to fairly horrible looking pickled things, assume they are for the German market. They have theme nights at these restuarants as well. They get very busy and its a bit of a bun fight to get your food.

There are also four a la carte resturants that are included in the all inclusive package - but you have to queue the day before at 5.30pm to get a table, and these are very limited. We tried three resturants and the best was the turkish kebab. But they are all of very good quality so well worth the queing.

The drinks are free but pretty limited. The house wine in the a la carte is ok, but not the wine they serve behind the bars. The cocktails are not very good as they use squash rather than juice. If you like gin, bacardi, whisky or beer you will be fine though.

The beach is clean but busy and watersports are extra. When we were there paragliding was 40euro for two and jetski 20euro for 15 mins.

A hint on currency - they take turkish lira but best to take euros with you as that is the most common currency.

We went on one trip to the rapids - bit of a misnoma - they are graded 2 - more of a family river - although the river is very nice and you get very wet playing games. But to warn you if you think the M25 is busy....!

We played two rounds of golf on pasha and sultan. Sultan is longer but pasha has more difficult greens. If going in july to sept hire a bugy and play wether early or late. Also they are very quiet that time of year so you can get some good deals. We played two rounds for £38 each. The courses were in excellent condition. Apparently the National is the course to play, although we didnt get time to venture that far afield.

All in all good value for money, although some of the other hotels such as gloria and the xanzandu may be of slightly higher quality.

Have a good trip!

All in all good value for money."

• Travel date: Wed 26th of July 2006

Great for golf but has drawbacks

"Stayed at the Sirene in May 2006 with a party of friends on a golf break. The hotel itself is in a great location for golf and is associated with the Antalya Golf Club and the National Golf Club. At the Antalya are two courses the Pasha (fantastic condition and great to play) and the Sultan (a monster of a course in fantastic condition). The National Golf Club is worth visiting but be warned, Golf Monthly described it as a course so hard it could ruin your holiday! It is very demanding but definitely worth playing. Staying at the Sirene the green fees are discounted and transfers are free to each course.
The rooms were spacious and very clean although getting in them required a knack that none of our party acquired - I had to resort to getting a member of staff to actuate the lock for me because I could not master the split second timing it required. The airconditioning was not too effective either but otherwise the rooms were of avery good standard.
The food was somewhat restricted in the main restaurant that was on a buffet basis. The choice seemed to be chicken or lamb in every dish with one chef preparing freshly cooked pasta dishes. I can't comment on the themed restaurants because we could not get in them being a party of 12 - they were always too busy to accomodate us even though we tried to book in advance.
The all inclusive is a bit of a mystery. We had booked ultra all inclusive but still had to pay for exotic drinks like fresh orange (3 euros) as a mixer. I was not convinced that we were drinking branded drinks as opposed to locally produced even though we always requested the branded ones. Although it didn't really bother us the bars did shut at 3am - not the 24/7 we were told in the brochure. On arrival at the hotel on the first night at 2.30am hungry and thirsty we managed one drink but there was no food available unless you were prepared to pay extra for room service!
The majority of staff were pleasant and helpful although the receptionists were quite curt at times. On the last day we were only being picked up at 10pm and wanted to extend the rooms past normal checkout time of 12 noon. They charged 50 euros to extend to 6pm or 75 euros to extend to 9pm - having stayed in the area before this is the first time we have been charged for this facility - and you had to pay up front, not at the time of departure.
Overall I would say this is a 4 star hotel with a limited all inclusive arrangement. I would stop there again because of its location and arrangements with the nearby golf clubs. Before I did so though I would have to compare the cost with the Kempinsky Dome next door that opened whilst we were staying at the Sirene, that looked fantastic. Another alternative that I have stayed at the ast 3 years is the Xanadu a truly 5 star hotel in every way but without any arrangements or associations with any golf clubs. That means about 25% extra for golf but far better accomodation and standard than the Sirene."

• Travel date: Mon 22nd of May 2006

Not really 5 star

"Stayed at the Sirene this October. Took the all Inclusive package. Well its in an excellent location for Golf and the shuttle service between courses and the hotel was very good. So what was not good, well dont order any drink with tonic as they ran out 3 times in just one week. The quality of drinks are at best Ok.The food was limited and if you did not get into one of the 5 "themed" restaurants the general restaurant was just that. Also its the only all inclusive i have stayed at that literally throw you out when they close. The service was a little slow but very friendly. I would rate this as a good 3 1/2 to 4 star. Did not like the rooms located outside of the main hotel."

• Travel date: Tue 25th of October 2005

Fabulous pool

Good

"Couple just returned from a week's golfing break at Sirene. Room was spacious, clean and comfortable with a big balcony. Hotel grounds were lovely with lots of sunbeds and amazingly comfortable huge sunbathing cushions (sunbathing will never be the same again if we have to return to standard sunbeds!). Weather was scorching and the pool was just heaven. We would return to this hotel again and again for the pool and sunbathing cushions alone. The hotel was run like clockwork with lots of staff so we found the service to be great. Both Sultan and Pasha golf courses were great and beautifully manicured. Rating would've been 10/10 but we missed bacon with breakfast and thought evening meals had too much chicken/turkey stir fry. We also found the spa facility a little disappointing compared to other hotels we've stayed in with only 1 sauna and a turkish bath (though we didn't try the treatments). All in all a really enjoyable stay and we will return. "

• Travel date: Sun 4th of September 2011

Hotels near Sirene Belek Hotel

Stayed at Sirene Belek Hotel? Share your insight.

Sirene Belek Hotel is also called