Papillon Zeugma Relaxury

Ileribasi Mevkii Serik, Belek 07500 Turkey

Good

Papillon Zeugma - wonderful hotel!

"It was an amazing week that we've spent with our friends in Turkey. Eveything was excellent at this hotel: the restaurants, the rooms, the pools, the big garden, the sandy beach... If you will stay at this hotel you must visit the Spa centre, because the massage there is super!! So we are very happy that we decided to choose this hotel."

• Travel date: Mon 29th of October 2007

best kept secret

"I never believed that I could ever afford such luxury, the hotel was fantastic, clean,luxurious, and spacious. I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a beech holiday with everything layed on. You will want for nothing. The only thing that I did not find totally to my likeing was the evening entertainment which was not to my taste.
If you couldn't find something in the restaurant to your liking then there is something wrong with you as the choice was massive.
I am going to the travel agent to book for next year"

• Travel date: Sun 2nd of September 2007

A resort that doesnt cater for the english

"The hotel itself is lovely. the views are spectacular and the beach is lovely. its well situated if you want to wonder off and it has a water park literally next door.

My Girlfriend and I stayed in a family apartment which had a string of problems, from the electricity not working to the tele not been tuned in properly. When we complain the reception staff didnt speak sufficient english to understand the problem and didnt understand it when shown either. it took three times before they sorted out the electricity problem alone (they use a card switch and unfortunately the card switch didnt work)

The apartment itself is lovely, large and spacious. With a balcony, living area (which can also be used as an extra bedroom). The bathroom is spacious, although the baths are larger in hotel rooms, and the master bedroom comprises of two double beds.

This hotel does not cater for vegetarians. My girlfriend is a vegetarian, and we quickly noticed that the a la carte restuarants have very few vegetarian options (the turkish restaurant being the only one where you can have a vegi meal), and despite assurances from management that they would serve us vegetarian food, they couldnt manage that. They had a gala where we waited hours for a meal of uncooked, raw vegetables.

Also, there arent many english people there. it is dominated by russians and the entertainment is alwful (30 minute shows with long gaps between acts/sketches) When i say there arent many, theres 3 english couples/families per week.

Money wise, its advised it you take a mizture of euros, lira and dollars to take advantage of the best exchange rates. and if you smoke, buy your fags at antalya airport.

I personally wouldnt go back because we were very dissatisfied with the resort. My opinion is that it doesnt deserve its 5* rating."

• Travel date: Sun 5th of August 2007

not what i expected

"I am a litlle disappointed from my last holiday in Turkey.Is the first time when i feel this way.My first complain is because of personal, most of theme are russians and they do not know to smile!Or they do not speak english , of course! I did not feel that turkish atmosphere ,with gentle people ,taking care of our kids.instead ,one of the russian girl from animation kicked our friends 4 years kid!Did you heard something like this before?I guess not!Nothing special in this hotel ,try others ,new ones!"

• Travel date: Mon 18th of June 2007

Very good hotel

"Room (standard single in double) : The room was really spacious and spotless clean. I had one single and one double bed. The bathroom was big with a nice big tub and shower. All amenities were present, so were plenty of towels. The minibar was filled upon arrival with soft drinks, if you want it to be refilled during your stayed it is charged. The tv had a lot of channels; turkish, english (also BBC World), german, french (TV5), dutch (bvn), ... There was a little terrace, but from my window I could see the sea and the mountains.

Food & drinks: I had a standard all inclusive, which included a coupon for one visit at the ‘à la carte restaurant’. The buffet was ok, but not splendid. Although I must say I stayed there from 17-24 january, upon my arrival there were only +/- 100 people in the hotel. So I suppose there’s more choice in the high season. The à la carte restaurant was really good; one soup, two entrees, a main course and dessert. I went back a second time for a surcharge of only 10 euro.

The wine in the buffet restaurant was rather mediocrate, as expected. The wine in the à la carte restaurant was much better, especially the Turkish white wine. In the bar there’s a lot of choice between wine, beer, liquor, ... The ‘Vienna café’ isn’t much to talk about, there cake wasn’t so good.

Entertainment: There was live piano music every evening, and three times a week a local comes singing popular songs in the bar. There’s also a disco.

The public areas of the hotel are extremely clean and luxurious, worth the five star. Also the garden, pool, ... were very well kept. A taxi drive to Belek costs 5 euro one way, or you can take the bus. Belek is a small village with plenty of shops, nice to stroll around and buy some nice and cheap clothes. Antalya is much bigger and also full of clothes and juwellery shops. If you’re looking for a quiet vacation in a nice hotel, the Papillon Zeugma is a good choice, don't hesitate, this hotel won't dissapoint you."

• Travel date: Mon 29th of January 2007

Great stay!

Good

"My family and i went to stay in this resort for a week and enjoyed every minute. It was a very relaxing holiday made comfier by pleasant rooms, good food and a clean pool and beach. The beach is literally a minutes walk from the bar and the sea was gorgeously warm. The staff were always friendly and ready to help. Food and drink was always available outside of mealtime hours, as we were all-inclusive we could have something whenever we wanted. Evening entertainment was often cheesey but relatively enjoyable. I found the holiday extremely relaxing although there is lots going on around the pool area for kids and adults which may not be to some people's tastes.

I didnt leave the hotel much, we went into Belek for a few hours - an experience i didnt necessarily dislike or like it was interesting, customers are desperately sought after should i say so you get a lot of attention from shop owners which is a little off putting though i think part of the whole experience. Plus there were many deals to be found on designer clothes, bags and so forth, though probably not the real make still excellent quality and real materials."

• Travel date: Sat 6th of January 2007

Great value for money

"Just spent 2 weeks at the hotel and had a very relaxing time. Only one cloudy day with temperatures up to 38C.
Very clean hotel and the rooms are of a good size. Safe and mini bar in the room which is included in your price. The hotel decor is quite classy and there are some nice touches around.
Very good variety of food on offer in the main restaurant and the Chinese, Mexican and Mediterranean restaurants were all good - something for everybody. Suitable for both families and couples. Right on the beach with swimming pools front and rear of hotel. The rear is most popular as it is a lot warmer and has the sun all day. Plenty of sunbeds, we put our towels down on the way to breakfast every morning around 9.00 am and there was no problem. The hotel is very popular with Eastern Europeans who seemed pleasant and not rowdy.
The all inclusive package is excellent - food and drink available all day and night. Several bars and restaurants to choose from. The animation team were very good and there were many activities going on throughout the day with a show in the outdoor amphitheatre in the evening. The Russian dance show was the best show we have seen abroad.
There are 4 ten pin bowling lanes, 3 full size pool tables, computer games, internet etc which are not expensive extras.
We got the impression that one or two of the waiters were ignorant but generally the service was very good. They don't skimp on the alcohol measures either.
The nightclub was not our scene(too electronic for us) but the outdoor area in the lobby bar was perfect in the warm evenings.
Went to the Market in Belek on Saturday morning(15mins taxi cost 5euro) where there are many stalls selling designer copies - you have to haggle to at least half of their prices (cheaper than Asda). We wish we hadn't taken Turkish Lira everything is in Euros.
Played golf at the Gloria old Course (10 mins drive) but quite difficult for the higher handicapper. We were told by other tourists that the Nobilis is a friendlier course. Golf and courtesy rides can be booked inside the hotel.
We would certainly recommend this hotel as it is one of only a few hotels that we would return to."

• Travel date: Thu 21st of September 2006

100% Excellent

"The Zeugma Hotel is 100% excellent, food is supreme with a choice of resteraunts including Italian and Oriental, on the long night of arival after asking for a baileys (wake me up!) I received nearly a pint of true English brand, not some cheap alternative, I was rather shocked when a waiter took my glass from me when it was still half full, he returned with a full glass, I asked him why he did so, he replied in perfect English "the icecubes had melted sir", excellent.
Our party experienced the VIP treatment, from lady's cleaning our sunglasses and spraying our feet after leaving the immaculate beach, to a fresh club sandwich at 3:30 in the morning.
The entertainment was brilliant and the staff were extremly polite.
The whole hotel was immaculate and the room was the best I have seen (although we did upgrade).
I would advise you all to try this hotel, as it is one of the best available. (apart from the multi billion sculptures/hotels in Dubai)
Do not listen to the previous reviews as they probably booked it cheap on teletext and went when it was out of season and probably in the low 10 degrees. At the end of the day, you DO get what you pay for!
Thank you for reading my comments.........."

• Travel date: Tue 4th of July 2006

Papillon Zeugma, Belek

"Stayed at the Papillon Zeugma May 6. 2006 through May 13, 2006. I am giving the resort an above average because a great deal of work was put into keeping it clean. My room was not vacuumed the entire time until I asked - even then there was lots of hair from previous guests on the carpet. The same with the bathroom - if it looked clean, it was not touched. Bed sheets were not changed the entire time. For a five star rating, European standards, I did not care for the food. Resort guests were primarily Germans and Russians. The massages that I got were pretty good - Turkish bath was okay. When I was there, the resort did not have many guests so it was pretty easy to get an appointment - most of the time the Spa personnel were on the beach trying to get customers. The beach does have pebbles even though the website states it does not. I felt that the other resorts surrounding the Zeugma were alot better since their outdoor beach furniture looked alot more expensive than the cheap beach chairs that Zeugma had. I would stay at those resorts if I were to go back. The Rixos seemed to be the best - their outdoor setting looked very elegant and their property is alot bigger than the rest (Papillon Ayscha, Cornelia Deluxe). The children's club was okay. Hours weren't quite the same as posted on the website. The view from my room was good. They do not have any English speaking channels except one news channel. Cartoons were in Turkish, German and Russian. Most were friendly because I had a young child with. 7 photos from their onsite photographer cost 42 euros. If I had to pay full price, it would not be worth it. Overall, I would not stay here again. It was cold during my stay there and the heat was off. I also stayed at the Grand Hilarium in Istanbul. I would suggest not going there if you have the monies to stay elsewhere. The food, rooms, lighting, rude personnel is definitely not worth the time or the trouble. The cleaning crew also did not clean the room or the bathrom . Sheets were not changed and the inside of a very very very small closet was being propped up by rolls of newspapers. My advice - DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!"

• Travel date: Sun 11th of June 2006

A very good and clean 5 star hotel!

"I visited a lot of hotels around the world but this hotel is very, very good. We were here for a week at the end of october 2004. This is not a 5 star hotel with "no atmosphere" but a lovely, not that extreme big (300 rooms) hotel. What can I say? Very good food, lovely atmosphere, very good drinks, very good staff, beautifull garden and swimming pool....I can go on and on. This is also A VERY CLEAN hotel, not only your hotel room but everything is kept clean all around the clock! The all-inclusive formula is very good for the price we paid (even with a 24 hours room service). I don't know how summer time in this hotel is but in the (holiday)week we went the hotel was fully booked and we still got our sunbeds....! I really can't find anything important why you shouldn't go to this hotel...o.k. two things: in the main buffet restaurant few waiters are not capable of bringing the right drinks when it's very busy (we were with kids, but you can also enjoy some special restaurants!) and when the slides close at 17.00 hrs. they put a obstacle at the end of the slides instead of the beginning! We were sometimes afraid that the "last" children would hurt themselves.. . That is all. I normally never go back to a hotel I visited before because I want to experience every year new hotels. But, for the first time in my life I am thinking of going back again! If it's not for the superb cappuccino I will go back for all the other nice aspects of this great hotel."

• Travel date: Tue 1st of February 2005

WOW

"Travelled many place across the world. This is definately the best hotel we've stayed in. Food was awesome everynight as well as the daytime and evening entertainment. If I could make it any better personally, not enough English kids for our children to make friends with (Aged 10 and 11). But would still not stop anyone going there. Would love to go there for rest of life if could afford it."

• Travel date: Thu 18th of February 2010

We went here for our Honeymoon and it wa...

"We went here for our Honeymoon and it was fantastic.

The Hotel is spotless. Everywhere you look there is always someone cleaning something. The food is out of this world also. There is always loads to choose from at the Buffet and the A'La Carte restaurants are also very good.

When we got there we were upgraded to a Junior suite as we were on Honeymoon. The first night they also brought us a bottle of Champagne and a beautiful cake just to say congratulations which was really nice.

The Beach and Pool areas are right outside your door.

Belek is really up and coming for a Golf destination. There are quite a few courses there already which are very good. Faldo has just opened his new course there and Colin Montgomery course will be open there soon along with a new Papillon Hotel attached to it.

We will definitely go back there again and recommend it to anyone."

• Travel date: Thu 31st of May 2007

Hotels near Papillon Zeugma Relaxury

Stayed at Papillon Zeugma Relaxury? Share your insight.

Papillon Zeugma Relaxury is also called