Amazing time!

Reviewed Wed 17th of October 2012

"Writing this review a bit late after returning but thought i must mention to anyone considering visiting the Papillion Belvil to do it!

My partner and I had just moved house and wanted to relax in the sun with some good food and entertainment, we couldn't have asked for more from this hotel. We went for a week but could easily have stayed longer! The hotel itself is lovely, very spacious and clean with a number of staff always on hand to help- the majority of whom spoke great English.

The pool areas are great for families- the one with the slide did keep the kids occupied meaning that around the main pool it wasn't too busy- great for couples chillaxing with a book!

The food was amazing the main buffet had so much choice- i don't eat gluten and could always find something tasty- my personal favs were the grilled fresh fish and chickens. Not to mention copious amounts of fruit and desserts. Drinks were on tap- watch out for the vodka measures- it’ll hit you the next day! The a la carte restaurants were also lovely- as we went in early may only 2 were open the Chinese and Italian- definitely worth booking in for!

Overall i would give the Papillion Belvil two big thumbs up for couples- and for families, the animation team did a sterling job keeping the kids (and big kids) entertained!"

• Travel date: Mon 25th of June 2007

amazing :)

Reviewed Wed 5th of December 2012

"well designed hotel area and warm hospitality were the first effect of spending time at belvil.Thanks alot to all departments and specially to the entertainment team.That place is suitable for each member of my family."

• Travel date: Sun 24th of June 2007

A Great Time (Surprisingly)

Good
Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"Just returned from Papillon after 2 weeks there.
Holiday started quite bad (all my fault), got badly sunburnt. Didn't realise the rays were so fierce.

With such bad burns I wasn't in the holiday mood at all. That brought my wife and son down and by the 5th day we were on the internet trying to get flights home. We were blaming the area for my problems. As soon as I was feeling able to venture out again Papillon and Turkey started to look totally different, and by the end of the hol there were tears about leaving.

I wont go on about the first week of our stay as I said the sunburn stopped our holiday, so I will start with week 2.

Most of the staff (90%+) spoke good English, and were very welcoming, the other 10% were mainly new and were trying to understand. Some of the staff were a good laugh, Sadrah (Jack) in the lobby bar mostly had me in stitches. Memhet in the pool bar remembered my drink every time and Kadeer who was everywhere always had a smile and a drink waiting for me when he saw me. I have never stayed at an all inclusive where the bar staff were so happy and efficient.

The hotel itself was spotlessly clean including the rooms which were cleaned daily, not just sheets etc but hoovered and polished as well as the mini bar being refilled everyday. The furniture in the rooms and around the hotel was good quality and well looked after.

The Other Guests.
It is true that the majority of "Other Guests" are Russian, but you can turn this into a laugh:- They out number the Germans so they are a lot quieter than usual. The 1980's seem to be popular at home and the Russians have embraced the 80's with haircuts and fashion harking back to the days of Rick Astley and Sinitta. Everyone seemed okay though, there were no all male parties, mostly young families.

The pools and activities were fantastic. The biggest pool with the waterfall has tons of sun-loungers around and a water polo pitch on one side, which I played for the first time with 5 foreigners (French German Dutch etc) against 7 Russians and we won. It was like the football match in The Great Escape. This was arrange by one of the (Famous) Animation team.

What ever you have heard about the animation team by others on these pages don't believe it! Times there good words by 10 and you will be half near to the good things these young guys do. The hotel is great but the animation team put the icing on there cake. Energetic, fun, professional, friendly, I can't say too much because they were truly great. You do have to see them in action to believe what they do in a day, every day.
After entertaining people all day with sports activities from 9:00am, rehearsing shows, joining guest for lunch and dinner, putting on a kids disco 8:30-9:00pm a show worthy of the west end till 10:30 and then perhaps a beach party till midnight. I couldn't even keep up with them and I was on holiday relaxing!
A special thanks from me to" MEMO", who looked after my son and took him swimming and football when I couldn't because of my burns. Totally selfless, Thanks.

Locally there is not a lot to do. Most things are a cab ride away (very expensive). The nearest village Kadriye (12euro return) is full of shops selling fake clothing. You can get an English newspaper and there are 2 pharmacies, post office (PTT) and a tour company (Lets Go Travel). The tour company are very cheap and very nice. We went on 2 tours with them and we got good discounts on already cheap prices. On both tours the police pulled us over to check papers and insurance and we checked out okay which was re-assuring as we were told some companies run with no insurance to save money. Ask for Habeeb or Mehmet, both good guys who lobe the English and will look after you. I asked about a hire car for a couple of days and they were a third of the price quoted at the hotel.

All in all we had a great time and will be back next year.
If you are booked and waiting to go, chill out, relax and look forward to a great holiday."

• Travel date: Mon 28th of May 2007

Superb hotel. Activities available are s...

Reviewed Tue 17th of April 2007

"Superb hotel. Activities available are so good, not one time in the holiday was I bored!

I did rifle shooting, football, pedalos, archery, water slides, basketball, water polo anything you can imagine!

Food selection is amazing, Chinese, Mexican, Italian, Russian so much food to choose from!

Balconies in most rooms, and I got a mini bar filled up daily! 5 star hotel!"

• Travel date: Tue 17th of April 2007

Absolutely life changing fantastic holid...

Reviewed Thu 20th of July 2006

"Absolutely life changing fantastic holiday. Animation team are fantastic always have a smile on their faces and are very friendly and always seem to be able to put a smile of your face and help you get the most of your holiday.

The night shows are fantastic and are very, very enjoyable. There is activities for people of all ages from 3 to 12 year olds there is mini club and from 13 to 18 their is teenager club.

There is also many various activities for people of all ages to participate in and enjoy and their are also fantastic pool games everyday at 12 o’clock. Food and drink is available nearly any time you want. Night life after the show is not dull, there is a Disco which is open 11 till 2.

I have been to many places on holiday and I have to say that this was the best I have even been on and I hope to be back their next year and maybe even again this year.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone out there it is fantastic I cannot wait till I go back there."

• Travel date: Thu 20th of July 2006

An excellent hotel, with wonderful staff...

Reviewed Mon 5th of June 2006

"An excellent hotel, with wonderful staff, the animation team are amazing, I never once, in 2 weeks saw an unhappy face, they keep you active all day. There are lots of activities from the very young to seniors. The evening entertainment is wonderful. Food is varied and all top quality. Ice cream is available at set times as are coffee and cakes, pancakes and doughnuts.

The rooms are spotless with the mini bar re-filled daily. Nothing is too much trouble for any one there. The pools are clean and warm, the beach is also spotlessly clean with plenty of activities.

All in all a wonderful hotel."

• Travel date: Mon 5th of June 2006