great

Reviewed Tue 24th of April 2018

"I strongly advise this resort hotel. Very clean and beautiful rooms.Friendly but same time very professional staff. They know what does it mean professionalism in hotel business. Restaurants are good and self service foods are high standard. Examples of real Turkish and Ottoman cuisine as well as mediterranean sea foods. For family holidays children's paradise, for business trips and conference gatherings is an excellent choice. Nothing more to say about the view of beautiful and picturesque Taurus mountains."

• Travel date: Thu 6th of April 2017

Excellent want to go again.

Reviewed Thu 9th of June 2011

"I cannot give this hotel more praise,the resort itself has numerous facilities and entertainment.The staff could not do enough for you, the rooms were very clean, and nothing was any trouble. The food was superb along with choice of wines. Should be higher than a five star. Jenny Swanborough"

• Travel date: Wed 8th of June 2011

Great except for Russians

Reviewed Sat 3rd of November 2012

"We were pleasantly surprised by the Gloria Verde....much better than the brochure. Had booked 2 junior suites - one was up-graded to a full suite and was beautiful - lots of room and all mini-bars re-stocked every day with soft drinks, beer , wine, toblerone and Haribo which the children loved.
Gardens are lovely and make a pleasant walk to the sandy beach. We were there with family members but otherwise would have been the only Brits. The majority were Russian...some could have been extras on a Bond film if I'm honest....seriously weird !!! We found the food good on the whole but a little repetetive overalland nowhere near the 5 star we've had in Mexico. Had brilliant time altogether though suspect that would have been different if we'd not gone with another British family....oh...those Russians !"

• Travel date: Wed 10th of September 2008

Excellent :)

Reviewed Sat 15th of December 2012

"Excellent hotel,very clean,staff is very nice and helpfull...Actually,stay in this hotel exceeded my expectations."

• Travel date: Thu 14th of August 2008

Fantastic!

Reviewed Thu 13th of December 2012

"My partner stayed at the Gloria Verde in Sept 07 for 2 weeks. After booking our holiday with First Choice Holidays, choosing the Cornelia Hotel in the same resort, we were extremely dissapointed to discover the company were changing our booking to the Gloria Verde Hotel. After viewing the hotel on the companies website, we decided that the Gloria Verde didn't look the same standard as our original booking so were very dissapointed but decided to go ahead with the holiday as planned. Upon arriving at the Gloria Verde we were totally stunned! Believe me the picture published on the holidays website does not do the hotel any justice at all! The reception area is stunning, the gardens are well maintained and beautiful. The standard rooms are fantastic! I do believe we were given a better choice hotel than our initial booking!
The food is great, although some people were moaning that some meals were repeated during their stay, my response to this is that when your serving such a vast array of meals each night, some are bound to be the same! The salad bars were fantastic! There was a great selection of fresh fish and meat dishes along with vegetarian options every night. Nobody really has a right to moan!! Even the bread bar contains lots of different choices every night!
The pools have lots of beds in different areas to choose from, with bars not far from each area. We stayed on the all inclusive deal and wanted for nothing.
This is the nicest hotel I have ever stayed in and if the world wasn't such a huge place, I would without doubt, go back over and over again!!
Enjoy!"

• Travel date: Tue 18th of December 2007

Fantastic Hotel - Just what the brochure says!

Reviewed Mon 15th of October 2012

"Just returned from one week all inclusive at the Gloria Verde. I travelled from Manchester with my Partner, both late 20s/early 30s. On arrival we were extremely impressed with the hotel and reception and were instantly upgraded to a Junior Suite ( I assume the hotel wasnt booked up that week) which was a very nice surprise and we got a lovely big ground floor room close to the main hotel and therefore within easy walking distance of all restaurants/bars/pools, etc. Be aware there were rooms in blocks further out which may not have been as nice and accessible as ours was. We were in Block A. The mini bar was filled daily with wine, beer, soft drinks and haribo and toblerone! They provided a good selection of towels, clothes hangers and dressing gowns.

The hotel itself was very impressive and the staff were very accommodating although I did find the language barrier a bit difficult at times. The majority of guests were from Eastern Europe and the staff spoke limited English. This especially went for the guest relations staff who were completely unhelpful at any time to the point of rude, which I'm sure was not in their job description! The bar/reception/restaurant/cleaning staff were very good however and the drinks included branded spirits, gordons, smirnoff and champagne!

The restaurant food was exceptional, I would specifically recommend the Verde Pub for lunch with king prawn casserole or fresha pasta dishes being served and Bazilika for Dinner with fillet steak, etc. The restaurants at Gloria Golf were also very good and we had a nice lunch at the Galleon on the beach there and tea at Pescado, a specialist fish restaurant in the hotel. Remember to book a couple of days in advance though as they do get booked up!

The only moan I would have is that I would have hope non-motorised watersports would be included and that a bigger discount would have been offered at the golf clubs near by! We paid 214 euros for two people to play a round of golf at Cornelia Resort, which is Nick Faldos course and well worth a visit...

Also please be aware that the hotel is not within walking distance of the resort centre which offers a very good market in Saturdays, it costs about 6 euro in a taxi though. The locals all prefer euros so I wouldn't bother with Lira...

Finally the Thallasso Spa is excellent although quite pricey...

Have a great trip if you do decide to visit Gloria verde!"

• Travel date: Wed 3rd of October 2007

Very good hotel but shame we could not see the sea

Reviewed Sat 27th of October 2012

"I have read the other reviews on the Gloria Verde and agree that the hotel is excellent in most respects but the one thing that dissapointed my wife and I was that although we were in a hotel that was next to the beach there was no sea view. This is because the hotel only has about 100m of beach frontage but the site is about 800m deep. As a result our five star room was overlooking the coach park of the adjacent hotel about 15m away. If you spend all your time on the beach it may not bother you but if like us you like to read or have a quiet drink on the balcony in the evening you may be dissapointed.
The town of Belek has been constructed in the last few years and there are plenty of expensive jewellers and clothing shops but little of the real Turkish character. If you do want these items there are other towns close by that were considerably cheaper.
Be wary of the local buses, we boarded one to go to Antalya but because we were the only passengers the driver refused to go and dropped us at the local bus station to get back to the hotel ourselves.
We travelled with Thomas Cook and their airline was truly awful from the incredibly cramped seats to the blasting noise from the sound system. Very good hotel shame about the airline."

• Travel date: Sat 25th of August 2007

Great resort

Reviewed Sat 15th of December 2012

"Having spent a week in Gloria Verde on all inclusive basis in the first part of June 2007., I must admit that it was overall a really pleasant experience. Since I went there with my wife and our three year old daughter, we have optioned for all inclusive resort, being the most convenient way of spending holiday with a child. After a detailed research on Turkish 5* resorts, Gloria Verde seamed like a good choice, and it really was!

Hotel offers great value for money in terms of comfort, service, food & drinks, as well as the overall experience ranging from nicely decorated (no “wow” effect, but still nice) spacious rooms (very good job done by the cleaning staff), horticulture, pool & slides area, beach area…. We enjoyed every moment of it.

Reception staff is efficient and courteous, being able to assist with any request or problem a guest my have (a problem with our room safe was dealt with within 10 minutes). Restaurant & bar staff are a bit on a slow side in terms of executing guests orders, but they are very nice and always smiling, so it didn’t bother us much. All of them have very friendly attitude toward children (which is important having in mind that majority of their guests are families with kids).

Food is great, both in variety and quality (taste, freshness…). One might object that they don’t serve pork…we didn’t care. If you take all inclusive, drinks are unlimitedly free, alcohol as well, and they really offer a good range of drinks, known brands, not some suspicious “no name” products, syrups, some people have encountered in other all inclusive resorts. The same applies to Neptuno bar (by the beach) a place with a truly relaxing atmosphere.

Pool area consists of two large pools, as well as an additional children pool. There is also a separate slides area (I really enjoyed that one ) Sandy beach, nothing special, but clean and equipped with more than enough beds… Towel service is placed near the pool…clean towels, as many as you like, no deposit needed. Ice bar is nearby…ice coffee, ice cream (again a good brand – Carte d’or), soft drinks…free of charge all day (it closes at 17.00, but after that you can use Neptuno bar which is 50 meters away). Animation – present, but not pushy. Pools are cleaned every evening, so no objections on that part. Enough beds, enough umbrellas (although the hotel was probably 70% occupied, so it might be a bit crowded during the peek season)

Gloria Verde offers free transport to the sister hotel Gloria Golf (the third one, Serenity was under construction at that time, but it is actually adjacent to Gloria Golf), and with Verde all inclusive card you are allowed to use all of their facilities (restaurants as well) free of charge. Gloria Golf seamed equally nice, although it is much bigger (for that reason I prefer Verde).

Live music during dinner time – quality performers, not some synthesizer guys…three different performers in 7 days…not monotonous… Turkish wines are actually quite good…they were included in our package (as well as some Turkish champagnes)…you may purchase some French wines as well (for true connoisseurs ), but we didn’t find it necessary. Room service free of charge from 11.00 pm – 07.00 am.

Guests are mainly Russians (80%), followed by Germans/Austrians (15%) and other nationalities 5%. Some reviews mention rude behavior of Russian guest. Frankly we didn’t experience Russian guests behaving any worse than any average European guest (although, it might not be the case everywhere).

To sum up, it was a very pleasurable experience, and I would surely recommend this hotel to anyone, especially to families with kids. It might not be suitable for younger people, interested in clubbing and partying, since there is not much to see or do outside resort. Closest town is Belek, truly a dump, nothing to see or do. Antalya is approx. 40 km away, so we didn’t go."

• Travel date: Thu 5th of July 2007

Overall, a great resort that is let down by the staff working there.

Reviewed Sat 3rd of November 2012

"I thoroughly enjoyed my week in this hotel in June 06 but there were a few factors that in my opinion mean it is not a 5* resort.

We were on an all inclusive package and were very impressed with the quality of food on offer in the main buffet, this had great choice and was of very high standard. The desserts were great! However the times this was available was quite limited. Lunch was served 12:30 – 14:30 and dinner 19:30 – 21:30. If you missed lunch there was a small menu available in one of the bars near the pool between 12:00 – 16:00. Another bar did very limited snacks during the rest of the day so if you wanted a real meal outside the main hours your only option was room service.

Service though by the staff was not good in any of the common areas except the spa. My main gripe was in the main buffet, where they cleared tables very quickly, but didn’t reset them. We frequently arrived to find no table ready to sit down at and were always chasing the staff for cutlery, glasses, napkins, water etc. It was the same in the bars, where on most occasions it was very slow as well. At one time we gave up waiting and left, even though there were only a few other customers there.

We had a lot of dealings with the reception staff as we were having problems with our keycard. We had replacement cards issued on the second day, and from then on it was a farce. On average once a day when we went back to the room the cards failed to work and we had to go back to reception to get another replacement. Not once did the reception staff apologise for this but basically blamed it on us each time. Either we had left it next to a mobile or one of us had done something stupid. I found this very insulting as I felt they were implying we were too incompetent to use the cards. Very very unprofessional.

The animations staff did not do very well either. There were shows every night and some activities during the day. I didn’t participate in the daytime activities but did go to a couple of the evening and they were not good. While I appreciate how hard it must be with the large mix of nationalities amongst the guests, they had a lot of room for improvement.

The spa staff though, both the reception and the therapists were wonderful. We did spend a lot of time in the spa and had a marvellous time. Not many spoke English apart from the receptionists, but the standards of massages etc were very high.

The rooms and bars, pools and grounds and beach side facilities were all excellent. I think it is worth noting that there is a bit of a steep hill to get to the pool and beach which in the intense heat may cause problems for people with walking difficulties.

Overall, a great resort that is let down by the staff working there who do not (apart from the spa) provide a service that matches the surroundings."

• Travel date: Tue 27th of June 2006

Best vacation destination in Turkey

Reviewed Sun 23rd of December 2012

"My week-long stay at Gloria went beyond what I expected. The staff was not only professional, courteous, and friendly, but they went out of their way to ensure I was comfortable. The food was delicious and the selection was plentiful; they would have different themed meals every night.

The entertainment was a blast. They had the animation staff that put on shows, they taught air-gun and archery and provided a great DJ or live music depending on the night. Everyone would congregate in the main building and enjoy a few drinks while dancing to the excellent music they played.

I've never been to a place that was so genuine with their service. I've been to the Four Seasons and the staff at Gloria Verde far surpassed them in every manner possible. The spa treatments were amazing. Each day I spent 2-3 being pampered, receiving body wraps, peels, facials, etc. With each procedure they treated me with dignity and respect.

I highly recommend Gloria Verde and will continue to vacation there for future vacations."

• Travel date: Fri 17th of February 2006

Had a wonderful time at this resort, foo...

Reviewed Sun 13th of November 2005

"Had a wonderful time at this resort, food was really good with a large variety sure to please everyone, free wine and water with your meal. A l'carte restaurants out of this world a++++.

pool area great for relaxing during day, towels provided, very clean pool and pool area, separate play pool for kids. lovely clean beach with variety different watersports available.

excellent entertainment for young and old.
spa area is amazing, we booked package for 6 treatments over 2 days, will definitely be back

• Travel date: Sun 13th of November 2005

Gloria Verde Resort - A Truely Wonderful Experience

Reviewed Sun 23rd of December 2012

"6 - 13 September 2005

We have just returned from the Gloria Verde Resort and have had the most fantastic holiday ever.

The accommodation in the Select Villas was excellent, the food was wonderful and the staff very helpful and pleasant.

Entertainment was very good as were all facilities. I can't think of anything else that would make it any better.

First class in every way."

• Travel date: Wed 14th of September 2005