Cornelia Diamond Golf Resort & Spa

• butler service
  • water park

Car Hire in Belek & Sightseeing

Reviewed 16th March 2015

"We stayed there fortnight and rented a car from www.palacecarrental.com we visited Aspendos Ancient Theatre, Perge Ancient City, Kursunlu Waterfall and etc. it was amazing..."

• Travel date: 16th March 2015

The Russians are Coming..!!!!!!

Reviewed 5th December 2012

"Think before you book this hotel..!! I have just returned from an "all inclusive" golf break. The good thing is it is new and the swimming pools are stunning...BUT here is the bad. It is HUGE and totally impersonal and the staff are rude beyond belief. Firstly my 2 straight male companions had to fight tooth and nail to get a room with twin beds having been allocated a double. The check-in staff just did not see this as a problem. The "all inclusive" aspect is completely misleading. Mud flavoured wine and local spirits are included but other drinks are all subject to a surcharge. So is use of pool tables, bowling alleys, much of the spa, most of the restaurants and anything else they can think of. A typical surcharge on wine I buy for £6.80 at home was €85.00. The hotel is largely occupied by Russians who seem to demand (and get) preferential treatment on everything because they tip VERY heavily. I saw €50 passed to a waiter to ensure his drinks were served first. Our pre-booked golf tee off times were also moved by 2 hours to accommodate a group of Russian golfers who wanted our time. No explanation or apology from the hotel. Just accept it or do not play. The serving staff spend their day talking to each other rather than serve guests and we found (much to our shame) that shouting at them was the only way to get served. I suggest you avoid this hotel like the plague unless you have extremely thick skin and an extremely thick wallet."

• Travel date: 22nd October 2008

Excellent, great hotel

Reviewed 25th October 2012

"I was apprehensive in booking this hotel due to mix reviews, but I am so glad that we did. The hotel is spectacular. It is very retro in décor, but all the decoration was carried out to a first class quality. The staff were extremely friendly from reception to the cleaners. The restaurants were excellent and good choice of food. The best restaurants were Forest Pub, Sapore and Locanta. Staff were great and the food was excellent. The buffet restaurant catered for all tastes. I could not fault this hotel at all, we had such a brilliant time. I would go back there tomorrow. Already started to look for next year. I would not be put off by the negative reviews, as all hotel have teething problems. This hotel will be closing for a month in January to rectify these, but no problem was major."

• Travel date: 2nd October 2008

All that glitters isn't gold! Visitor from London, UK

Reviewed 10th November 2012

"Stayed here for a fortnight from mid September travelling with First Choice Holidays. Good start, check in was fast and we were served a glass of wine while the paper work was done. Both the interior and exterior of the hotel is contemporary. Some called it impressive, others thought it stark, an oppressive mass of white concrete.Some of it has been poorly designed (eg the Dome bar has leaking water caused by the sprinkler system(, and significant disruption was caused to large parts of the hotel when a storm hit (described further down(. It will no doubt tone down once the gardens are established in a year or two. Large areas of the interior are dark, as are the rooms, which are above standard. The balcony gave a good view of the pool, the villas and the sea. The shower set up in the bathroom was poorly designed as water goes everywhere, over the bath tub, and the poor drainage causes the floor to be slippery. The whole hotel is spotlessly clean, and there is an army of staff working in the restaurants, doing the gardening etc. Food and drink was about the best feature. There is plenty of variety for all tastes both in terms of food choice and dining location. The main buffet was an informal affair, with many guests wearing shorts and sandals, and was mostly used by families with young children. There are several al la carte venues, and all apart from one served up delicious food. Locante restaurant was not not my bag, serving up cold tripe and stinging nettles. Sumach was my favourite, with traditional turkish grilled foods, good service and live music. Sappore was poor, let down by a team of waiters who seemed more interested in calling to one another and rushing around with food trolleys than creating the right ambience for a relaxing evening meal. We had enough of the noise and walked out before our sweet. Also, it was a real pity that the hotel did not enforce its policy on no under 7s allowed in certain restaurants, despite the reservation system making this clear. Too many meals were spoilt because young children were allowed to run amock. Returning to the waiters, many are inexperienced and lack the skills needed to provide a truly 5 star service. Language is an issue as most staff speak very little english. At times this meant not getting what you ordered, and the frequent need to contact the Guest Relations desk to translate, e.g. one night we had to phone several times to get room service meal trays collected from the room, and even then they were left outside the room overnight with food left on them. The large pools, there are several, are clean and mostly empty, perhaps because none of them are heated. The beach is nothing to get excited about. Dark sand with more than a smattering of pebbles welcome you. And the sea is a murky green tinged affair, although it was warmer than the pools. I could not see my hand in front of me. I walked about a mile in each direction and saw nothing except a string of all inclusive hotels with row upon row of sun beds. Water sports are expensive for Turkey. A 15 minute jet ski hire from the hotel's water sports centre costs fifty euros!!! They also want top dollar for spa treatments. A typical massage for an hour will set you back one hundred euros. I had two treatments and while they were good they are more than what I'd expect to pay in Turkey. There's a free spa area which has jacuzzis and a steam room. It beggars belief that parents will risk taking a three year into a sauna or jacuzzi, but there were so many in there. The hotel really needs to stop this dangerous practice. Entertainment was okay, with a hard working annimation team trying hard to keep people involved. Guests staying two weeks get to see a repeat of the first week's nightly shows in the ampitheatre. Finally, the disruption caused by a huge storm on 21 September sums up this hotel. The whole place needs a big shake up, especially the waiters around the Dome bar around the main pool. It took far too long to put things right: there was no spa facilities for 36 hours; the buffet restaurant had buckets to collect water for two days; the pier was shut for a couple of days and when it reopened they decided not to open the bar and most of sun loungers were packed away for the season; the water slides were out of action for a couple of days, and when it reopened the lifeguard was far too distracted to supervise slide users. Outside the resort there's not much going on. Belek is a short taxi ride, costing about four euros. But there's not much there apart from shops selling fake merchandise.A trip to Antalya is worthwhile and a round trip in a taxi will cost seventy euros. I doubt if I'd return to this hotel or Belek, if I did it would be for no more than a week but I'd give them two or three years to get their act together. Let me know if you need any further information."

• Travel date: 1st October 2008

great experience

Reviewed 13th November 2012

"Developing hotel as only been open since May. Room for inprovement especially where entertainment is concerned because it is all audience participation. Expected shows especially as 5 star hotel but didn't get it. Rooms immaculate, good choice of food in the a la carte restaurants. Never shortage of sun beds either by pool or on beach. Staff very friendly and willing to help - couple of language problems ie got white wine instead of white coffee but just a laugh. DEFINATELY do not go for a manicure on site as I left with fingers bleeding! Hotel supply Dove body wash, shampoo etc in all rooms and towels are unlimited for both beach and pool. Only problem of holiday was booked through first choice and the rep was worse than useless. Didn't tell us about trips or that restaurants are closed on certain nights - missed out on favourite for last night. Went to Bubbles restaurant (you pay for this one in full) and had the best meal of the holiday. Will go back in a couple of years when they have ironed out teething problems"

• Travel date: 29th September 2008

first class

Reviewed 13th November 2012

"had a great week at this hotel. food was good. service was excellent.all areas were immaculately clean.staff were very pleasant and helpful.although belek is within easy reach we had no reason to leave the hotel thanks to all the facilities and entertainment available. will definitely return"

• Travel date: 27th September 2008

lovely hotel will be going back next year

Reviewed 10th November 2012

"hotel only been open 3 months it was lovely . Staff very friendly lots of options for food though would of been nice to have seen some bacon at breakfast plenty of variety to pick from. Rooms very big and clean Entertainment was very good . Plenty pf sunbeds around the swimming pools we didnt have to get up early and put towels on the beds which mad a nice pleasant change. Al carte resterants very nice although chinese one wasnt so good we felt like they wanted us in and out but all the other was very good service. I would recommend this hotel as it was ver nice and although we dont have young children tfrom what we saw they was very well catered for ."

• Travel date: 21st August 2008

Loved the Diamond (Except for one or two minor things!)

Reviewed 22nd November 2012

"As a lot of people are worrying about their up and coming trip to the Cornelia Diamond I want to reassure everyone! First of all I'll start of with the bad points: - We were supposed to be staying at the De Luxe and only found out when we arrived at the De Luxe that we would be staying at the Diamond, this was after a night flight so as you can imagine we were a little bit annoyed as we had done our research on the De Luxe and didn't really want to stay at a newly opened hotel and surely someone could have told us earlier that we had been moved? When we arrived at the Diamond we were told our room wouldn't be ready for another two hours (this was at 7am in the morning!) so not a brilliant start to the holiday! - The reception staff were very rude and very unhelpful - There were signs saying which floors certain restaurants / amenities were on but no signs outside of them etc so made finding things a little bit tricky - they could surely have given us a map? Hopefully they will have sorted this out since we left - In some of the restaurants some of the staff didn't seem to quite know what they were doing and seemed a little unorganised. - Other guests - there were hardly any English families there and the place was overun by rude, ignorant Russians who seem to think it is acceptable to push infront of queuing people and be rude to the staff. The staff really seemed to appreciate us smiling and saying thank you to them as the Russians didn't seem to do this. To the good points: - The architecture of this place is amazing and the furniture and decorations, etc was just what I like, very modern. There were lots of colour changing lights and modern furniture, etc. The swimming pools were also fantastic with waterfalls cascading into them, etc. - The food was really nice, especially the chinese, ok so you have to pay 6euros each to eat there but it was definitely worth it. We also went to the Forest Pub which was nice, and the fishlove which was ok but not as good as the other two. The buffet was also nice, obviously catering for so many its never going to be perfect but the food was really nice with different things each day and fresh fruit which was always nice. - Our room was the best hotel room I have ever stayed in, we stayed in the rooms with direct access to the swimming pool and this was a real treat. The room was spacious with a separate toilet and a wetroom with a big power shower and a bath. The bed was really big and really comfy and the room was cleaned well everyday. Outside of the room we went outside and had a balcony there which you walked down some stairs to a couple of sunloungers, an outdoor shower and the pool, this was lovely and I really reccommend paying that bit extra for this kind of room as it really was worth it, although I didn't see any of the other rooms. We didn't sample any of the night time entertainment as we just wanted to chill out and relax and we had some really nice cocktails (at no extra price). We also didn't really do much during the day, went on the slides, had a swim, had a sunbathe, that was about your lot as we just wanted a total relaxation holiday and this is what we got. One last thing there was a bit of building work and alterations, etc taking place especially on the pier into the sea but this never really bothered us. I hope this review helped but please send me a message if you need anymore information."

• Travel date: 18th July 2008

Please, stay away!

Reviewed 28th October 2012

"I am a TripAdvisor member. Traveling a lot. Recommend this hotel to extreme-lover. The others, PLEASE, save your money or spend it for smthing else! In June spent few nights in Cornelia Diamond. I've never had so awful experience in my life. In short: BEACH & SEA are dirty. There are too many staff but all of them do nothing - only simulate. I was waiting the towels to my room during 6 hours. Electricity was unconnected twice. Took a shower & packed up my belongings in the dark :) Food is very bad (there are only 2 options: very salty or raw) sometimes the waiters foget to bring the order :) I wanted to check out the first day, but the management could decide how to transfer money back to my card during 48hours! :) and ect. and ect and ect. Unbelievable, its 5 st hotel! I believe that the previous reviews were written by the management of the hotel, because I saw toooooooooo many angry tourists. P.S. a bed in a room was really good; the spa (girls from Bali are working) is only one nice spot in that chaos."

• Travel date: 6th July 2008

Cornelia @ high standards...

Reviewed 23rd October 2012

"We just returned home from a 10 days stay at Cornelia Diamond,as well as lilyintheminx,we first experienced Cornelia DeLuxe 4 years ago;all we can say is that Diamond was above and exceeded our expectations. This year we booked again for DeLuxe but were announced by our travel agency,1 day before the departure,that we were "moved" to Diamond due to "sold out accommodation" at DeLuxe,even if we booked on time a Lake Villa Junior and received the confirmation in the meantime.Anyway,we were a little skeptical regarding Diamond,as we know the rule that in Turkey you should never book a newly opened hotel!!!You should wait for at least one season so they could finish all the details.As far as I know Cornelia Diamond was opened in May this year. I think this was some sort of a strategy for doing business,DeLuxe which is already well known was oversold while Diamond which was newly opened remained unbooked so a lot of the tourists who booked for DeLuxe were informed 1 or 2 days before departure that they were "moved" to Diamond to populate the newly opened hotel. Moving to Diamond was not regretable,anyway !!! We told our agency that we accept moving to Diamond only if they agree to give us for the accommodation the same quality and value as we requested for DeLuxe,which they accepted.So,we received a Family Lake Appartment which is perfect for a family with one or more kids,it's located at ground zero of the main building,in a very quiet area,surrounded by pools and vegetation;I truly recommend it !!! One kingsize bedroom,big LCD TV,sofa,bathroom with shower and tub,the other bedroom with twin beds,big LCD TV,bathroom with shower;both bedrooms leading to a wooden terrace and direct access to the pool. House keeping is twice a day,they change towels and bath robes every day,the mini bars are filled on a daily basis with Tuborg beer,Fanta,Sprite,Coca-Cola and diet Coke,still water as well as sparkling water. Food was excellent,serving at the Dome Restaurant,located at the 4th floor of the main building,with beautiful views over the sea or the front of the hotel.Waiters were pleasant and helpful but more pleasant and helpful if they were tipped....immediate change of attitude....!That's the way things go in Turkey! We have experienced as well some of the a la carte restaurants,Tai Pen (very good),Sapore(very good) and Fish & Love (impressive by location but food was not so good).All the a la carte restaurants were officialy functional by the time we arrived there (June 12th) but we tested only those 3 mentioned above.All the bars are ok! The spa is impressive,the gym has all you need to keep you in shape in an "all inclusive" concept,one mini football field,table tennis,beach volley field,mini golf,darts,water polo,pool aerobics,ground aerobics,the tennis courts are brand new and in perfect condition,they have 2 hard courts and 6 or 7 clay courts which are in co-administration with Susesi Luxury Resort & Spa.There is also a game zone,the kids' heaven,with 4-5 playstations,Wii game,rally,bowling,etc... By the way...we went visiting Susesi which is on the left hand side as you look towards the sea and as well Calista Luxury Resort which is on the right hand side.We haven't seen any notable difference between Diamond and these 2 resorts except the gardens and the green spots which were more luscious.Diamond is new,maybe they need 1 or 2 years to raise some luscious gardens so we could see more "green" around. In term of design,Diamond is much more discrete,not so opulent as the other 2 resorts...but this is only a metter of taste...!The lobby at Calista is very impressive,though! The kids zone is fully functional,aqua park with lots of slides,for small kids as well as for kids and adults.....begginers to experts!No danger around! The pools are perfect,waterfalls,big and quality umbrellas Some weak points:the air conditioning system is not working properly,from the lobby to the rooms...and the heat has already come to Antalya,the last three days we cought temperatures between 37 and 43 degrees Celsius...and is already June!!! The beach is not as sandy as it should be,the jetty is not yet finished,no terraces,no bars,nothing to drink or to refresh with by the sea or in the surroundings...These are issues to be improved and I am sure they will. We plan to come back at Diamond after mid September this year,we liked it very much here;I hope my review will help,feel free to email me for any questions or comments.See some photos attached for you... happy holidays!!!"

• Travel date: 23rd June 2008

De Luxe to Diamond - Simply Stunning!

Reviewed 22nd November 2012

"I have just returned (6 June) from a week's holiday at the Cornelia Diamond, having been transferred at the last minute from the Cornelia De Luxe by First Choice, for the second year running... After last year's transfer, I have to say, I wasn't jumping through hoops to get this holiday underway until I realised it was a Cornelia hotel that we had been transferred to. On arrival it was clear that this was at the "high end" on the hotel scale. The lobby area has a modern retro feel which blends well into the rest of the hotel. I found the reception staff to be pleasant and welcoming on arrival and they all seemed to have a good command of the English language. The rooms were very well appointed, and I can truly say I was amazed at high standard having stayed at the De Luxe in 2006, I didn't think it got much better for the money that we paid! The buffet restaurant was wonderful and had amazing state of the art retractable windows that opened over a panoramic sea view. The a la carte restuarants were also very well appointed and individual. My particular favourites were the Tai Pen and Forest Pub, the latter of which I visited on 3 occasions throughout my 7 day trip! I only visited 4 restaurants as 3 were not open ( Fish and Love, Organic and Locante..I think!). The ampitheatre officially opened the night before we left and we were treated to a fantastic madonna show, but we left the next day so I cannot comment further on the enterainment in this respect. The poolside entertainers were great, much the same as the De Luxe and all with high energy levels. A few points I would mention are: . Please take extra care re health and safety if your trip is imminent. Like I have said, the hotel is still undergoing "finishing touches". Workmen are still on site and have cables trailing here and there. Safety standards are not that of the UK and therefore no hazard warnings. Be particularly careful with small children. My 5 year old daughter fell down a 4ft storm drain that was not covered, fortunately she only escaped with a grazed shoulder. . Take care with the poolside tables - the tops are made of glass and are not stuck to the frame properly. My partner smashed one after five minutes of arriving and we saw another 6 or 7 broken throughout the week we were there! . During my stay the Children's play area was not officially open, although the kids' slides were. Another hazardous place (this should be completed by the summer season). Whilst I was there there were electric cables, power tools (and sometimes workmen...) in this area. During my stay at the Diamond there was hardly any one there, in fact the hotel was only a quarter full, if that. Maybe I have been spoilt, but I am keen to hear your experiences during the summer season as I am already planning my booking for next year! To summarise, things can only get better for this hotel from now on, just be extra vigilent in light of the ongoing works and you will have a fantastic holiday. I hope my review has been useful, feel free to email me if you have any questionns. In the meantime, I have attached a few photos for you to look at. Regards. Lorraine"

• Travel date: 12th June 2008

Hotels near Cornelia Diamond Golf Resort & Spa

Cornelia Diamond Golf Resort & Spa is also called

• cornelia diamond hotel
  • cornelia diamond resort all inclusive