About Calista Luxury Resort

• adult pool
  • water park

1971
Good

Sharp splinters of white glass found into the pan of omelette

Reviewed Tue 28th of October 2014

"At the very first breakfast at the restaurant Bellum (main restaurant) I've got two sharp splinters of white glass (from porcelain dish) in the huge pan of scrambled eggs with tomatoes. Luckily cos I do not eat fast I've discovered that dangerous stuff into my mouth and haven't gulp it. That's was a real shock!!! The other shock was reaction of staff of the restaurant! The waiters, manager and cook, no one of them haven't intended to take out the pan from the desk. All of them tried to convince me that nothing serious happened. The pan with the sharp glass into the meal was removed just 15 minutes later after my reminding. And the team tried to hide the accident from their management and guest relations...
Surely the guest relations manager did her best to decrease the accident. Chef did show me the kitchen to prove that it wasn't possible to happen, I got some coupon to couple of free massages and discount to next massages. I also got letter from General manager with pledge to conduct some communication and emergency evasion training program for the personnel...

I really wish if no one guest ever find any piece of glass or porcelain in his plate or mouse. "

• Travel date: Sun 26th of October 2014

Calista Resort

Reviewed Tue 8th of June 2010

"I have just got back from staying at the Calista in Belek
and there is one word that sums this place up " SUPERCALERFRAGERLISTICEXPIALIDOCIOUS ! " "

• Travel date: Sun 30th of May 2010

“Simply magnificent” Calista Luxury Resort

Reviewed Fri 4th of December 2009

"We've stayed at Calista twice, and we don't often go back to a hotel we've stayed in. This one has it all. Very nice restaurants (especially the a la carte ones), great pools with luxurious (not your standard plastic) beds, a big private beach... And specially the junior suites with the spiral staircase to the second floor are awesome!

Staff at the beach bar and reception (thanks for everything again, Sophia) are terrific. Restaurant staff could use an English course and some guidance. Eager to please, they tend to look after the same thing all together, forgetting about other guests.

If you're lucky, you'll enjoy some wonderfull live music or DJ performances. This hotel as well could use an outdoor sports bar though.

• Travel date: Wed 25th of November 2009

wonderfull place

Reviewed Tue 27th of November 2012

"Stayed in calista for 5 days with my spouse and a 3 y o child. was worried about the place since I had my share of horrible clubs in antalya( queen Elisabeth, Portobello).
I have to admit that I was pleasantly surprised.
Room: we had a family room- double showers and a bath. specious very clean and very nice' with a balcony and great view. there was an evening service for towels and room cleaning as well.
food: again very high score- a la carte restaurants- were wonderful( I ate in Italian, Turkish- you must order lamb chops- and so called Japanese- its more of a Chinese) reserved a day before- and got it. I read about trouble in getting in- maybe because I wasn't at high season and the hotel weren't full.
main restaurant was ok not more than that.
at lunch we ate at the beach restaurant and Turkish rest- both were superb!! very high quality.
kids clubs- very nice facilities- since my girl doesn't speak
English I can't really evaluate how active and good the stuff were.
the hotel decores and surrounding is beautiful and very green and clean.
entertainment- I went only to 1 Shaw and it was ok. nothing to talk about. I heard that there are live shows and more 2 do in the jazz bar and disco. there is also a movie theatre.
bowling and billiard- cist extra.
that another point- anything extra cost a lot o money in this hotel- spa- is 1 of the most expensive I saw in the world) more than spas in Germany) 50 e for Turkish chamam and scrub!!!( it costs 30 $ in others in antala and even cheaper out side o hotel)
borrowing a DVD 2 the room- 10 e a day!!
room service between 7am-1am 10 e for each order( food don't cost)
Service: well the staff was mostly very nice- but sometimes not very helpful due to lack of English and... intelligence
overall: a great' classy very relaxing and enjoyable vacation/
I will come back!!"

• Travel date: Wed 15th of October 2008

SIMPLY OUTSTANDING

Reviewed Tue 27th of November 2012

"I was staying at this hotel together with my wife and 2 yo son . Nothing could have been better . Size opf all the facilities is perfect not to fill bored nor suffocated . Quality of food is one of the strongest points at this hotel , and second best comes the quality ( size , amenities) of the rooms . Very good experience indeed ."

• Travel date: Fri 12th of September 2008

More than wonderful :)

Reviewed Mon 29th of October 2012

"I loved staying in Calista, full board, several restaurants, wonderful beaches, including free of charge cofee shops (Calista Coffee Shop, Black and White), minibar in full of drinks without charges, treating u as princess.

Big clean beach, huge swimming pool but expensive spa.

Will miss this wonderful place and love to ba back."

• Travel date: Wed 6th of August 2008

one of the best in Belek

Reviewed Thu 25th of October 2012

"Top class - everything about it. Great , staff, rooms , food, service.

A la carte restaurants were brilliant, you can order what you want.

Can't see me going anywhere else now in Belek"

• Travel date: Thu 14th of February 2008

Luxurious restful holiday - almost perfect

Reviewed Tue 11th of December 2012

"My family stayed at the Calista for five nights. We chose the Calista because it has just recently opened and the first reviews we received were very favourable. We were not disappointed.
Check-in was very pleasant - champagne welcome, personalized check-in assistant while we waited int he lounge. Small gripe - In spite of the fact that we arrived around 3.30 PM - our room was not ready, so we had to wait about twenty minutes.
The room itself was gorgeous - a very large and very well appointed family room comprised of a living room (with two covertible sofas) and an upstairs open gallery master bedroom. This - together with two huge bathrooms (especially the master bathroom upstairs) provided a wonderful "home-base" for our stay.
Again - two small blemishes: when we first came to the room we found an hotel technician working on the double sofa bed, which had apparently needed some fixing. You would think that they would finish such work before they send you to the room. In addition - we quickly found out that the second (single) sofa bed was bent, so that it could not be closed at all. Once I reported this to housekeeping, it was soon replaced.
The hotel itself is a wonderful rest complex - a magnificent huge central pool, several other smaller pools (including a young childrens pool and a water slide pool) and a long private beach with a private pier for hotel guests.
Additional amenities include numerous bars (they're all over the place, including in the center of the main pool and on the pier at the beach), a well-equipped game-room for the kids (including a bowling alley) a small kids club, the best-looking spa I've ever been to (and I've seen quite a lot), a wonderfull fitness center and lots of daily events for the younger crowd.
Food at the main dining room was excellent, with a dazzling variety of dishes to choose from at each sitting. We only once ate at one of the a-la carte restaurants (the seafood reastaurant) and found the food to be not as good as the main dining room. All our attemtps to book a second a-la-carte meal (in spite of the fact that there are five such restaurants) were unsuccessful, as the hotel as electronic booking kiosks for the restaurants, which open at 0930 in the morning, and only the "early birds" get the worms. Given our one experience - we weren't too sorry.
The hotel staff were great - polite, always willing to help and generally very good. Small point - some of them (especially those not in positions which constantly interact with clients, such as the cleaning crews) don't speak a word of English, so a lot of sign-language is required.
Over 90+ percent of the guests are Russian. As a result - Russian is the language of choice for most activities (although they do throw in some English). We didn't mind at all, but it may be off-putting for those who are used to an English-based environment.
One of the preivous reviews mentioned construction works nearby. We were slightly concerned about this. It turns out that there is construction of some large buildings (probably other hotels) close to the Calista, but the Calista itself has been fully finished and has beatifully landscaped lawns and walkways. In spite of the proximity, at no point did the external construction interfere or bother us in any way, and we never noticed it.
Again - we continued to encounter small technical blemishes throughout our stay: the elevators in our building both stopped working one morning, which required us to leg it up three flights of stairs to our room, until they were fixed later in the day. The in-room safe just stopped working after three days (probably the batteries ran out); The room-cleaning crew twice only reached our room in the early afternoon, when we had just returned from our half-day at the pool, requiring them to clean while we were in the room.
All in all - we had a great time, and are definitely thinking of coming back soon. If the hotel picks up on the small technical glitches (some of which can be attributed to the fact that it has only been operational for four months) i would say that the Calista is a perfect place for a holiday."

• Travel date: Wed 29th of August 2007

New, interesting architechure but struggling!

Reviewed Sat 22nd of December 2012

"Posted as All Inclusive 'A La Carte' Luxury Resort. Not even close. New,yes; rooms and environment are fantastic but that is all. Yes it is true that they have a wider range of foreign drinks included - but try getting them! Service is so poor in most departments that many times you cant get the free product you desire. Main restaurant food very poor and no good fish, snacks for kids e.g. hamburgers, pizzas, quick food for lunch etc. Entertainment is exceptionally poor. Midnight snack - forget it, dried up left overs and the cheese is almost off by now in the heat! Resort does not provide hot food at all times in the day and its main brochure is incorrect on times - the catering manager admits representation mistake as a printing error. Information board is on the beach and not in reception so unless you want a trek daily down there to find out what is going on you are in the dark as they change the schedule without notice. If you rely on the English language to communicate expect problems and complications with staff - many do not understand. A la carte restaurants can't be booked without bribery and if you visit any of them at any time of the evening - half the tables are empty. The machines are always saying fully booked. But that is just an irritation, the real problem is that the food is better in the main restaurant (which is slightly less poor) except for the Japanese Restaurant where it is superb! So in summary, an all inclusive with a good vision that does not deliver - go somewhere else until they get their act together or change their management."

• Travel date: Mon 27th of August 2007

Calista Hotel

Reviewed Tue 20th of November 2012

"Just return from Calista Hotel in Belek. The hotel looks very nice, luxury rooms and bathrooms, many pools, good food, pleanty of lounge chairs at the beach and pools. Unfortunately the whole area is under constructions and is not very pleasant to be in such an environment. Except the room cleaning which is excellent, the hotel is not well organised, waiters are pretty rude, few of them speck English, animation team is just a shadow."

• Travel date: Wed 25th of July 2007

3.Very nice indoor & outdoor pools and beach
4.Good fitness center
5.Nice SPA & baths
6.Nice kid's club, with very good staff
7.Reception & gest relation services were not very well organized and staffs were not adeqately skillful
8.Main restaurant was slightly crowded, and staffs not adequate
9.Entertainment programs were not satisfactory
However I had a very pleasant stay in calista."

• Travel date: Fri 20th of July 2007

Brand new "All Inclucive" resort in Belek

Reviewed Tue 11th of December 2012

"We have just returned from a three night stay at this brend new resort in the Belek Riviera 27 Kilometers from the Antalia airport.
Words can not describe this ultra luxurios place.
It is right on a beautiful privet sandy beach, The resort is huge (about a hundred acers of manicured gardens) Has several pools indoor and out door.
The Spa is superb (Turkish Bath, Wet and dry saunas , State of the art fitness center etc')
The standard rooms are ultra modern and are in the size that most hotels would call suites (about 500 SF) and each room has a belcony or patio.
This is an all inclusive resort that means that all food, drinks and activities are free
The food is very good and on top of a huge buffet restaurant there are five a la carte restaurants
We ate at the Sakura (Japanise) and at the Timo (Italian) and they were both excellent."

• Travel date: Sat 14th of July 2007

Hotels near Calista Luxury Resort

Top traveller tips for Calista Luxury Resort

• stone75 by stone75

"For golf ideal place, also for spa, meeting conference and Football camp "

• stone75 by stone75

"Timo Italian Restaurant in Calista "

• Gulzara M by Gulzara M

"Be very careful with meal "

Calista Luxury Resort is also called