Overview by Night

Good
2029 reviews

Fantastic Holiday

Reviewed 28th October 2011

"October 2011 Just arrived home from Kremlin Palace - a little worrid about going as we have 3 young children age (6yrs 4yrs and 18 months) and because of all the feed back and reviews BUT it was the best choice of hoilday. 1 - Hotel was fantastic - clean - lots to do - well run 2 - Staff were more than helpful and very welcoming 3 - Food was amazing and fantastic service - need to diet now !! 4 - Entertainment needs a little work - which is why we have rated it 9/10 !!! 5 - It is right on the beach which is perfect 6 - Pools were spotless clean - slides were fun - inside pool was great too. One thing - family rooms have a set of stairs - which is a pain when you have a 18mth old - but you can shut the main room door which helps Would recomend this to anybody "

• Travel date: 27th October 2011

50th birthday holiday with family

Reviewed 7th October 2010

"we have just returned from a 7 nite holiday that my son booked for my 50th bday with my husband daughter and her partner and my two sons we all had a brill time the choice of food was good and the use of the sister hotel next door was a bonus the pool area was lovley and the entertaintment was good to although some of the other guests were not as freindly as the english it did not spoil our holiday at all the majority of the staff were friendly and helpful the only thing i would complain about is the fact you have to vacate your room at 12 noon and the late flight and pick up time we were allowed to keep our room till 5pm only beacause my son was poorly .i would recomend this hotel ."

• Travel date: 7th October 2010

Holiday of a lifetime??

Reviewed 23rd September 2010

"After reading the reviews from other dissatisfied people i feel compelled to add my review of this horrible place. The holiday started ok with our introduction to the place by reception but once we were given our keycard reception shut us straight out. ie they didnt want to talk and answer any questions we posed to them. When we finally arrived at our rooms(we were two parties of 2 and 4), we were farthest from anything anywhere in the complex,pools,food,entertainment and even the floor lifts.and on the toop floor which we ask for bottom due to one of us have false hips and artheritus.our 5 star room had only 2 beds when we required and asked for 4(we have 2 children age 2 and 5). The extra bed we had was infact a camper bed and a mattress with a damp bed sheet which did not fit the mattress.our tv was i presume in russian or turkish except 1 cartoon channel, which was abruptly changed to again russian or turkish 2 days later.The second extra bad we asked for was put in the other room,with the other 2 guests we came with. The room we had a bed side lamp hanging off the wall upside down! the socket next to one bed was hanging off too leaving electrical connections exposed. our bath leaked onto the floor(this had caused exceptional stress due to the fact that our 2 yr old is being potty trained and we thought he was messing the bathroom floor, and had been punished for it). the wall behind the tiolet was covered in what i can only call rising damp.a real mess.when we opened our door to the balcony,true we could see the sea and night sky but also 2 barren football pitches and the biggest pile of blackbags i have ever seen. nice.......the holiday itself was sold to us as a multinational site that was friendly to all types of people,giving an exceptional insight into the russian and turkish way of life etc etc. in reallity it was more like the cold war had never ended. my daughter was assaulted be a russian woman for being in her way! we were jostled and insulted(in russian of course!!!) at every opportiunity especially any meal times.we were ignored by all waiters in favour of russians except by one waiter( who was a real diamond fella and was richly rewarded too).I thank him for a pleasant mealtime. I personally was asked to leave the gym facilities by the turks running it in favour of russians, and couldnt get into the others,hot baths etc because they was always full,even attempts to book time slots was unfruitful.infact the nicest people we met,apart from other brits(who couldnt wait to get out of that place too i might add) were the Arab people who played with all children and were lovely to be around. real nice people. our youngest child unfortunately came down with toncillitus and when we went to reception to see about doctor at first we was told,in English,that they dont speak English and to go away!! i have many more stories of how great this holiday was but i would be sat here forever and a day. one final word about this and as a parent i find this absolutely disgusting. on the 4th or 5th night we adventured out to have a drink and finish running the kids batteries down ,when myself my wife and the 5yr old went to the bar. our daughter asked for fizzy so being on holiday and throwing caution to wind allowed her fizzy pop late in the evening. she asked for this drink herself.we collected our drinks and went to sit down. niether myself or wife drink alcohol so we were pleasently surprised at the sweet smell coming from our daughters drink.the drink was snatched from her hands just as it hit her lips and was sampled by us only to find it was more brandy than cola.that waiter who served her will remember me for the rest of his life.and of course when now fully upset and ready for home managed to find the rep,and complain,well he didnt want to know.we took pictures of this place and awful amenities and have made a full 13 page complaint to Thomas Cook and are still waiting on a reply. do not go there....dream holiday of a lifetime??? more like worst nightmare."

• Travel date: 23rd September 2010

5* All the Way

Reviewed 23rd October 2008

"I don't understand the comments by the other two reviewers. The facilities at the hotel were the best I have ever seen, there was something for everyone and a lot for the children, including water slides for both children and adults. The grounds of the hotel are lovely and spotlessly clean, the swimming pool is huge and there also a large indoor pool. The staff were extremely friendly and polite, some spoke good English some passable, but those in direct contact with the public spoke very good English, i.e. reception staff, bar staff. My aunt and I thought the food was very good, OK it wasn't overly hot but most hot countries don't eat their food piping hot like the English. However, the choice was very good indeed and very flavourful. The person whose child lived on hamburgers and chips all holiday must have a child with a very picky appetite not to enjoy something out of all the choice on offer. I agree that there could be better lighting in the hallways and in some of the outside areas, but there was only a short walk to any lift and the lifts are very fast meaning that you did not have to wait more than a few seconds for one at any time. The rooms are large, although the bathrooms could use a lick of paint (as could the outside WCs)and these few, unimportant points is the only reason I have only given 9/10 instead of 10/10. We had a back view from our room over a football field, nevertheless we had a lovely view of the sea from our left and for how little we were in our room, that was fine. You can pay extra to make sure you have a lovely view if you want to waste money that way, or take what is given and make the most of it which is what we did. It is obvious in advance that there is going to be a predominance of Russians at the hotel and yes, they can be a bit obnoxious at times but so what, you don't have to be their best friend. Personally we had no trouble with the Russians and as for the food in the restaurants, it never ran out no matter how late you took your meals. I recommend this hotel, it has everything you could want - and the Turkish people are lovely."

• Travel date: 23rd October 2008

This hotel is more a 3/4 star not a 5 st...

Reviewed 5th October 2008

"This hotel is more a 3/4 star not a 5 star as stated. The room was nice and clean had a balcony but not a great view. This hotel is full of greedy rude Russians the hotel is made up of 70% Russian 20% Turkish and 10% English/German/Israilis. The food was not great salads ok, but apart from that not a great deal of choice. Very poor choice for children chips and thats it even though they have a childrens restaurant there my son lived on chips bread rolls and fruit! Entertainment not great in the evenings either. Reception staff quite helpful but did not speak a great deal of English. Thomas Cook Rep very unhelpful and uninterested. Collection time for coach pick up to the airport was unknown nothing on the Thomas Cook board in the hotel! Requested ground floor room got third floor a good walk from the lift. Asked Rep about moving room she never got back to us! Would not recommend this hotel. Five star it is not!"

• Travel date: 5th October 2008

My husband and I went to the Kremlin pal...

Reviewed 29th September 2008

"My husband and I went to the Kremlin palace for one weeks holiday .We arrived at 4.30am on the monday to be greeted by a very curt receptionist .There were no porters on duty and we were told we had to find our own room . There are over 800 rooms in this hotel in 3 different blocks , the corridors were very poorly lit . You can imagine how we felt having been on a plane all night . The hotel was full of Russians which we expected but what we did not expect was their greed , lack of manners and total disrespect for other guests . As for the staff we found them to be unfriendly , unhelpful and miserable . We have holidayed all over Turkey and this is the first time we have encountered such poor service bearing in mind this hotel is supposed to be 5 star.The meals were also very poor repetative ,luke warm and tastless (that is when you could get anything before the Russians).On the last day we went on a late departure excursion which cost £35 each that included a boat trip, lunch and a hotel to have our evening meal , shower and a bed to have a few hours sleep . The day began with a 3hour coach trip to get to the marina and entailed a boat trip to a couple of islands where people could swim . Then have lunch which consisted of cold rice ,pasta ,dried bread and soggy salad . We were asked what drink we would like with our lunch thinking it was part of the deal but then we had to pay extra for it . We spent 4 hours on the boat then we were taken to our 3 star hotel . Again very poor food and again no drink was included with our meal . We bought 2 half bottles of beer at an amazing 10ytl approx. £5 .Went up to our room to rest to find a mosque in the back yard of the hotel . Overall i would rate the Kremlin Palace hotel more of a 3 star not 5 and if you do happen to go there i would suggest you save your money and dont book the last day excursion as their does'nt seem to be any thought gone into these trips from Thomas Cook which is who we booked the trip with."

• Travel date: 29th September 2008

The Worst Experience Ever Had In Turkey

Reviewed 9th December 2012

"i have been many times in turkey in antalya and istanbul, and this was the worst experience i have ever had. as i hear from some friends that have been there 2 and 3 years ago, this was nice with good service. now the hotel is very, but very run down. a lot of marble everywhere but not ever polished looks just like chep stone. terrible bathrooms with MOULD all ver the tub surrounding, nobody cleaned it for years (we were a group of 5 rooms they all lookes the same) had to really argue to my children to go in and take a shower. this is a so called club all included. would say very little included. yes there is food but could compare it to hospital like food very basic. turkish food is one of the best to my opinion and in this case it was the worst. even a simle hamburger looks like about 2 normal salami slices. outdoors, anything made of metal is corroded and never saw paint since it was manufactured, including metal railings the pool umbrellas actually everything. we arrived late at night and went to the main dining room to eat. there wrwe some tomatoes cucumbers and 2 kind of cheese. in order to save elecricity only a very dim light was on, no air condition at all, not even ventilation. when checking out i was requested to return the key cards and the towel cards. i told them i dont know where the key reomms are and the towel cards i gave to the towel guy in order to get towels. the reception manager said i have to pay euro 14 per each towel card and euro 5 per each meaning in total euro 70 for these plastic cards. had a long argument with the manager and only after i raised my voice he agreed to wave this charge which does not exist anywhere in the world in any hotel, when you leave you just throw them away. may be they manage to be paid by some people and this should be their best business. we travel a lot all over the world, and sometime you like the hotel and the service, and sometimes it's just ok, but in this case it was terrible and i think nobody should go there as the only effort you can see there is for saving on food quality, electricity and maintanence. ususally i read reviews here and never contributed with my own review but this time i was so upset thet i felt the obligation to do something about it and to save other people such a bad / terrible experience."

• Travel date: 15th October 2006

Lovely hotel - but .....

Reviewed 8th October 2012

"We booked a week at the Kremlin Palace last minute online, and stayed for a week in October 2006. The hotel lobby is rather spectacular and nice a clean. The rooms were a bit disappointing though. The mini bar is restocked each day but you are only given one bottle of bear, one cola, one fizzy orange and a bottle of water. The water is only replaced when totally empty. This seemed a bit tight as drinks are readily available in the bars. The bathroom was small and although it was clean enough the sealant around the bath was a bit mouldy and could do with being changed. The maid came every day but did not always change the sheets. There were no tea and coffee facilituies in the rooms which again was a bit disappointing. I do have to agree with some of the other reviews about the other guests who were rude to stafff and pushed in front of other guests. This is more annnoying than anything else and the stafff do try to serve in order. The bar staff are a real asset to the hotel. They are friendly and helpful. Most of the waiting staff were OK but did not always clear the tables quickly enough, so it was sometimes difficult to find a clear table in the no smoking area. The food was fresh but the variety was very repetative. The breakfasts were very strange and not at all what you would expect from a five star hotel. The pool area is very spacious and well maintained. The pool is nice and clean and there is a good childrens pool next to the main pool. The animation team are excellent and provide activities all day together with the entertainment shows in the evening. The Turkish night is a must see - so don't miss that one. We had a lovely holiday at the Kremlin Placae. I used the spa every day and had a turkish bath (a must do!) and a variety of massage treatments. I had my hair cut in the salon and found the service in the spa and salon excellent. The negative points I have mentioned are more niggles than major issues but there were a lot of them and the management could do a lot better. We had a night flight from Bristol both ways and we were due to be picked up from the hotel at 3.10am. We were told to vacate our room at noon the day before. We requested a late check out an were told that they would not be able to tell us if we could have this until the day of our departure! The hotel was less than half full and we found this very unhelpful of the reception staff. On the day of our check out we again requested a late check out and were told that we could only have the room until 6.00pm at a cost of 56 Euros. After much negotiatyion we managed to get the room until mignight at a cost of 102 Euros. Again the staff could have been more helpful. They made us leave the room at midnight and hang around the lobby for over 3 hours even though the room would not have been cleaned until the following day. We could have had a few hours sleep and made the journey home much less tiresome. This was a reall shame as our final dealings with the hotel were very negative. Did we have a nice holiday - yes. Would I recommend this hotel - Yes if you get a deal - otherwise it is expensive for what you actually get. Would I go back - unfortunately no. I have stayed in far better 5*hotels who offer a better and friendlier service. I will go back to Turkey but I will try another hotel next time."

• Travel date: 10th October 2006

Wonderful hotel ,great holiday

Reviewed 9th December 2012

"My family and I spent two weeks at this hotel and thought the stay was excellent.The staff are welcoming and friendly and the service given from housekeeping,entertainment,bar and restaurant staff is truly first class.The pool and other facilities are very extensive.We found the food of a very high standard in all outlets and you must persevere to get reservations in the a la carte restaurantsas it is well worth it.I found no evidence at all of dirty conditions ,as reported on other reviews,indeed the rooms and hotel are very very clean and is evident as wherever you go staff are sweeping and polishing.Next door is the same group Topkapi Palace and you can visit there and take meals and drinks .The buildings of The Kremlin Palace are magnificent and the feel of the place is one of grandure.It is true that there seems to be few English guests (more at the Topkapi) and the other guests are not as good mannered to the other guests and even less the staff.Having said that the staff are very aware of this and warm towards the English and insist that people queue."

• Travel date: 25th August 2006

Good Generally

Reviewed 30th November 2012

"Overall the Kremlin Hotel itself was excellent. The facilities for an All Inclusive hotel in Europe were everything you could wish for. The hotel staff were generally friendly however some were quite rude and would hardly acknoledge you. We expected a lot of the guests to be English but were very suprised when during our week stay we only heard and spoke to one other English family. The majority of holiay makers there seem to be Russians or from the Middle East. And they are so ignorant it is unbelievable. They will try to push in frount of you at the bar or in the restaurants, they would probably steal the food of your plate if you let them. Rarely do any say Please or Thank you to anyone, manors are non-existant. That of course is nothing to do with the hotel though. Food and drink were of a good standard. All alcohol was unbranded but you were served generous measures. There was a descent selection of foods throughout breakfast; lunch and dinner. If you do get bored of of the buffet service you can visit the a la carte restaurants. We only dined at the Mexican which was nice. It is extremely difficult to get into the a la cartes - you must book before 09:05 or you will have no chance! At night we did not see much of the entainment but what we did see was alright. We spent most of evenings in the cocktail bar. The barmen were very friendly and polite in there. Our boy loved all the sports facilities like the pool and bowling - this hotel does offer a lot particularly for families. We had a lovely time but would not go back only because of the the other foreign holiday makers."

• Travel date: 5th August 2006

dont go

Reviewed 18th December 2012

"leasten everybody/ ihave been two years ago in all inculds hotel'and i had great fun'but to my dispointed this time i had a trible vacation. the standart was very low 'the food was discosting,the lobby and the dinningroom is too hot to sit and tallk ,'the quality of the alcohol was chip,do not go there .'all the resort hotels dont ofers what they did,thank u all."

• Travel date: 29th June 2006

Over Rated

Reviewed 30th November 2012

"KREMLIN PALACE ANTALAYA TOTALLY OVER RATED JUNE 2006 Five star the brochure said,five star it was not !! Like so many hotels the money has been spent on the lobby and recepetion area,go to the accomadation and then you can see that the rooms are no more than average ,dated and dirty and that is no exagerration. It has to be said that the housekeeping department did respond swifly when the cleaniness issue was raised with the Guest relations department. Onto the food the Kremlin Palace boasts four restaurants, a main one that is self service buffet style and then three themed restaurants,Italian,mexican and turkish. The food in the main resteraunt was awful, cold bland and un-inspiring ,the themed restaurants require a resevation,following the correct procedure to reserve a table is a total waste of time,it took guest relations two days to book a table at the italien, again the food was bland and inspiring. A plus point for the Kremlin is the pool ,this is clean and of a good size,bewarned loud music is played constantly through the day by the resident entertainment team,so if you want peace and quiet go elsewhere."

• Travel date: 13th June 2006