Saturn Palace Resort

Kemeragzi Mevkii Lara, Antalya Turkey

A great experience

"We have just been to Saturn Palace and I can say it is a great place-plenty of food,for all tastes,shows,mini disco and disco every night and turkish nights,full of families with children.I loved aqua gym,the icecream by the pool,the beach,we also took a boat trip to waterfalls and caves and it is also a great place for shopping-gold,leather(but you have to negociate very hard for everything).In this time of year the temperatures are very high-48 degrees Celsius in shadow,but if you do not stay in the sun before 12 and 4 pm,there is no problem.I read some of the reviews before leaving,and I was a bit scarred-I really don't understand why some did not enjoy their stay at Saturn,it is a very nice place to go to."

• Travel date: Tue 25th of August 2009

great relaxing holidat

"We have just returned from a very relaxing and enjoyable break at Saturn Palavce Resort. I went with a little aprehension after reading some of the reviews, however I was very impressed, with the hotel and turkey itself. We went with our three children, boys aged 10 and 9 and a 2 year old girl. there was ample for all ages, the water slides were the obvious attraction for the boys, direct on the beach too and all in a safe environment for them to go off alone. the staff were amazing, they couldn't do enough to help us, talk with us and they loved our two year old. we were the only english at the hotel, but that didnt matter, there was a mixture of dutch, belgium, fench - plus many more. I have travelled to many countries and stayed at lots of 4 and 5 star hotels ans I would wholeheartedly reccommend this hotel to anyone."

• Travel date: Thu 20th of August 2009

Nice relaxing vacation

Good

"spend my holidays in Saturn palace from 4th till 11th September. It was good relaxing vacation.
Saturn Palace is situated in Antalya's beach riviera called Lara Plaji. It is about 20 minutes drive from airport and Antalya city. On that riviera there are many bazaars and shops, but no night life.
We get nice room in highest floor with great view to seaside. The room was spacious; probably because it was family room (it has 4 beds, 2 bathrooms, 2 televisions, 2 mini bars). It also had air conditioning which had worked normally. When we wanted to cool our room it worked. The room was nicely decorated and I liked it.
Only inconvenience it was housekeeping in first two days of our stay. The guy that cleans our room has only made the bed and folds the towels. He did not wipe up the bathrooms. But after two days housekeeping personal changed and the room was after housekeeping tidy. We also find sculptures from towels on our bed.
We had all inclusive at the hotel. The food was delicious. Every day you may find something for you. There were some Turkish dishes (for example kebab, baklava, etc,) and also some international dishes (spaghetti, pommes etc.). Everyone can find something for itself. There were also fruits (watermelons, melons, grapes etc.) by every meal. They also have delicious sweets. Definitely they don't have all the same taste.
In hotel there were 3 outdoor bars (two by the pools and one at the beach) where you can get drinks. The variety what you want to drink was good - from non-alcohol (juices, cola, Schweppes, Aryan etc.) to alcohol drink (beer (Tuborg brand), local alcohol drinks). At beach bar you may also get snacks (hot dogs, hamburgers, kebab, etc.) from 10.00 till 16.00.
The beach was sandy and it looked very nice. Also the sea was clean, but because the ground is sandy you may not see the bottom of the sea. The hotel also has pools and in one there were slides. All pools were clean. And few pools are designed for children. One of them it had small children slides. Deck chairs and sun umbrellas on the beach and by the pool were for free.
The staffs were nice, but less friendly than in some hotels I had been to. But I can understand them, because it was the Ramadan time and they worked whole days: some of the waiters you can see at the hotel by breakfast, later in one of the bars, later by the lunch and in the evening at dinner. What I also did not like is that many of personal, especially waiters know poor English or German. So it was sometimes hard to make them understand what you want.
In the hotel they also had animation team which had organized sports activities (volleyball, water polo etc.), activities for children and night animations (shows, disco). They were really good.
To sum up, I really liked Saturn Palace resort. It is nice hotel although some small annoyance. I would recommend it to all, especially for guests with children."

• Travel date: Fri 19th of September 2008

I would rather go without a holiday than spend time at Saturn Plalce

"After having spent one week at Saturn Palace I can honestly say I would rather not have gone away. No way was this a five star resort. I have been to Turkey 3 times previously and never have I experienced such an awful resort. This most definitely is only worthy of no more than two star rating. The rooms on first appearance were ok - a little small for three people. The beds were so hard that we had to add our duvet on top of the matress to make it a little softer. I had to visit an osteopath to deal with the back pain I returned home with. The toilet seat was broken and had to be repaired three times in the space of one week. In the end we gave up and used it broken. The pool was ok but the parasols were so light and flimsy that in the afternoon you would see them flying into the water or around the pool area. The beach was absolutely filthy and appeared to never have been cleaned with plastic bottles, cups and litter scattered around. The dining area which was split between being inside and on an area around the pool was extremely basic. Never a table cloth or fabric serviette only cheap paper napkins. The food was repetitive and boring. Deserts in no way represented that we were in turkey. All deserts tasted the same with the same syrup dripping all over them. The drinks were always flat and on complaining were told it was on tap and not from the can and nothing could be done about it. It was the first time I had been away and actually lost weight!!! The staff were miserable and never smiled. Not one member of staff was able to speak to us in English and the Guest Relations lady was only able to smile sweetly at all our complaints.

Even if you are desperate for a holiday please do not book this hotel. There are many other hotels to try. This was a waste of money."

• Travel date: Tue 16th of September 2008

This place is not for the British !!!

"Just got back from Antalya on a 7 night holiday. I am not one for writing reviews but feel the need to do so this time as it may be helpful to future potential guests.
I booked this holiday 2 weeks before arrival by the hotels own website. All looked very good and the price was about right for me. I had booked a transfer on arrival. Gave my flight details... an internal from Istanbul. Told I would be met. I waited around for a short while as there was no-one to meet us. Called the hotel and was asked where I was. Domestic terminal I said..... Oh... just wait and we will send our man. SO they had the flight number, time of arrival and details of where I was arriving from and waited for me in the wrong terminal. Not a great start. Beware... they charge double the price of an airport taxi.
Got to the room at 6pm. All very nice and very clean. Some fruit and a minibar with water and juice. The room was very hot and the aircon was not workig. I called reception and they said they would fix it straight away. At 7pm I called again to report.... not working. I was told they thought it was fixed... very sorry.... we will do it again now. 8pm went down to dinner and stopped at reception to ask about the still not working a/c. To be told.... the technical department are working on it and it will be fixed at 10pm. I asked.... 10pm exactly.... I was told yes. How do they know this? Well a few more questions and I get the truth. The aircon is a central system that is activated at 10pm. You then have a/c until 2am (4 hours). Thats it. 4 hours in every 24. Not quite as advertised.
The restaurant for dinner was very nice. A bit crowded but then it is high season. Wine is by the glass and beer and juice also available. Food was very good. Well presented and good to eat. Only problem.... you guessed. The whole place was full of moaning, unhappy, sweaty, smelly people. Dinner served in a hot restaurant. The napkins ran out everywhere as people battled to get a good supply. Waiters were kept very busy serving cold drinks. I asked one that spoke good english... WHY? He simply said, "It's worse for the staff".
After dinner followed the outdoor animation programme. My night was enhanced no end by a collection of very unfunny comedy sketches..... in Turkisk. Very sensible really as most guests were Russian!!! By the mid-point of the show my partner and I were sitting in a once full, and now nearly empty area. What a nonsense this all was.
As a final attempt to make something of the evening I decided to order a cocktail (These are at an extra charge of 9 euros..... yes 9)
I asked for a Pinacolada. 3 waiters had a chat and finally came back to me with.... sorry we can not make as we do not have soda water!!!! Very odd.
First thing next morning I called the Lara Beach Hotel just along the road and booked in there. You have 24 hour aircon I asked, Yes of course they said.... they thought this was a weird question.
I went to the Saturn reception, said I was checking out and the very nice man said. Yes sir - no problem. He did not even ask why. He gave me a refund and called me a cab. His parting words.... you are the only English to come here in the last month. I to;d him.... you do not surprise me.
Make no mistake the management of this hotel are penny pinching and ending up losing much more than the cost of a/c and a decent show.
I was glad to leave. Over the next couple of days at the Lara Beach I recognised a good few people that I had seen at the Saturn.
My advice.... see my review on Lara Beach Hotel. All together a different kettle of fish. I know where I will be next year.
p.s. There is mega building work right by the pool at the Saturn.... and where they get the nerve to use the words... Palace and Resort in the hotel title I do not know. This is no Palace and since when did a resort consist of a hotel block and a couple of swimming pools????"

• Travel date: Fri 18th of July 2008

overall let's say it was ok

"Personnel: the level of the English level was below average, if i started to use too many words they kind of got lost, i was more successfull using 2-3 words when asking for something, but they compensated by smiling. A "bravo" for the reception guys, they were very helpfull, a 10+ on their professionalism.
Food: Extraordinary, you must try the local cuisine. The other guests were afraid to try it , so there was a long queue in the fries and roast sector.
i must say it was a real feast for my mouth.
Logging: the room was ok , a minus though on cleanness. Bad timming when cleaning the rooms. The cleaning personnel was always comming to clean the rooms after we have taken dinner and we were trying to get a nap. No English speaking hosemaid, so you can imagine us waving hands and trying to make her understand that we don't want to be disturbed.
Beach conditions: the sand is ok , the sea just gorgeous, but if you got up too late no more chaise longues for you, + dirty matresses. The lifeguard was missing in action, the red flag was always on.
Entertainment: the animator team was incredible, it's the perfect place to go with your children, good quality shows (amator level but relaxing and funny)"

• Travel date: Thu 17th of July 2008

Beatiful and nice staff.

"Exccelent hotel. Hotel my dream. Thanky very mach animation team, they the BEST!!!! I will excellent holiday. I'll be back !!!"

• Travel date: Tue 1st of July 2008

Lovely stay at the Saturn Palace Resort

Good

"Just returned from Saturn Palace Resort in Lara area of Antalya and can recommend the hotel. The cleanliness is of a high standard and the food was excellent. Don't expect english food as you are in Turkey, but there was always something to eat. All staff were very helpful and friendly. There was mini club during the day and early evening for the children and lots of activities run by the animation team during the day if you wanted to join in."

• Travel date: Tue 27th of May 2008

would def rerurn

Good

"just returned from Saturn Palace & after reading some reviews was worried. However the staff were fantastic. the waiters & bar staff were freindly, helpful & alwas ready to serve us. The dining room even laid on an ' extra lale late ' breakfast when we missed the clocks chaning & trotted downstairs at 11.20am!!

The entertainment was good although the water slides being closed was a dissappintment as we understood they would be open. However the indoor heated pool, steam & sauna rooms more than made up for it. the spa staff spoke good english & were very accomodating. the Kids entertainer was attentive & friendly & made good fun for the few children in the hotel.

We would definatly return. The location is good, not too busy on the main stretch of hotels at Lara. The car Hire desk man also arranged an english speaking driver at little extra cost as we wanted a car but didn't fancy the driving there. he was very helpful ."

• Travel date: Wed 9th of April 2008

realy a good hotel

"Last year I was in my holyday in SATURN PALACE with my little boy ( 1 year old at that time) and his mother. In the beginning I like to congratulate all personnel of this hotel. They where very helpful for my family and me because it was a problem with the food for such a small child, but they solved quickly on my request.
Very clean hotel, pools and believe me IT WAS VERY CLEAN !!!!!
Food for us was EXCELLENT.
I recommend this hotel with all my heart."

• Travel date: Fri 4th of April 2008

brilliant

"Room lovely and clean over looking pool and sea view .service excellent staff very friendly and helpful food excellent something for every one. Animation team brilliant and friendly Some one came round every afternoon to see if we had any problems and they was none would recommend this hotel to anyone it was amazing. Can not understand the bad reviews would definitely go back."

• Travel date: Sat 25th of July 2015

best hotel for kids and adults!!!

"i've just returned on sunday 18th nove 2012 from saturn palace hotel lara antalya, i have to say its the best hotel ive been to, been to turkey kusadasi in 2010 i did not experience any thing like the saturn palce hotel.Saturn palce hotel had so much kids entertainments such as, kids disco, mini kids club beautiful water slides the beach, you would never feel hungery beacause everywer u go theres so much food and drinks and restraurent where u can just eat chill and relax,there was so much for adults to do , gym disco anamation team belly dancing and many more entertainments, the staff were excellent! i would definatly go back didnt wanted to cum back !!! best hotel ever... ps lady called Nurdan customer service in the hotel she is so helpulgreat woman !"

• Travel date: Tue 20th of November 2012

Hotels near Saturn Palace Resort

Stayed at Saturn Palace Resort? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Saturn Palace Resort

• sammyali by sammyali

"the entertainments for the kids and the aduts, its so much to do "

Saturn Palace Resort is also called