Renaissance Antalya Beach Resort & Spa

Goynuk Mah. Baskomutan Ataturk Cad. No: 143, Beldibi, Kemer 07985 Turkey

Good

a big disappointment for a 5 star marriott group property!

"I wish I had read these reports before I booked- as I wld not have done and would be happier...
Similar story- I was there in March and it rained every day- the mountains are just behind and it seemed to rain more in this area than Antalya itseldf which you could see across the bay with sunshine! not much to do if it rains.. except use the average spa oor the gym (but it closes at 5pm most days which is hopeless) or eat (I found on arrival it was all inclusive and do have to say in the hotel's favour it was great value for money and the food was excellent (albeit a bit repetitive but the price makes you go wow as it is good value)- as was restaurant and bar service - so efficient and friendly- a standard which I have rarely come across anywhere in the world). The other plus is if you like cats- let's say if you do not- then you may also want to reconsider.. some beautiful and friendly creatures in the grounds.

I overheard comments of disgruntled guests re excursions offered by their agencies- although no one had done the Thermosos which I wld have done had it not been raining... I only went to Antalya- and got a hotel car and driver to do that altho with no drivers speaking english- you need to be brave to do so...

My main gripe is the hotel is NOT in Antalya- you are talking a 30 minute drive. I would prob have looked at staying in one of the boutique hotels in town (altho no beaches on the whole). Not that Antlaya merits a visit as there is little there and the old part is like a building site- with roads up to put down pipes and a total mess... the shopping mall just outside is the only place to shop as are a few outlet stores offering reasonable bargains!

I am a gold card Marriott member and also did not get the usual perks- staff did not even seem to know anything about the programme in fact -and the reception was not one of the stronger features of the hotel to put it mildly.. this is supposed to be a 5 star hotel and I can tell anyone booking thinking it will be Marriott standard- it is NOT. Service, rooms (which are tired and odd configurations) and facilities reflect a holiday camp more like- partic the awful reception with tour desks hitting you as soon as you walk in. You also immediately notice the main language- Russian- so if you want to observe Russians on holiday- this is the place to come. I would hate to think what it is like tho in season with the kids' pool and other pools full and the small beach and beach bar prob packed with Russian tourists.
Although I wld not recommend it out of season due to the weather risk."

• Travel date: Tue 15th of April 2008

Stay Away off Season

"Made the mistake of booking this hotel for a 7-day stay at end of March. There is no A/C in the bedrooms because it was considered "Winter Season" even though it was 70 degrees everyday and only cooled to 60 degrees at night (not enough to cool down the hotel room). Staff refused to turn on A/C and when asked if we could change to a Duplex Villa we were told "they are only open in the Summer months".

Let me break this down into pros and cons for our stay.

Pros:

1. Nice gardens
2. Great view and sea
3. All-inclusive food is okay

Cons:

1. No A/C off season in the main building (end of March???)
2. Half of the facilities were closed (not mentioned on the website)
3. Beach club is open but closes at 5PM
4. Beach area is full of rocks
5. Constant construction noise heard from our room where they are building for the Summer season
6. I am Marriott Platinum and did not receive an upgrade even when I inquired.
7. Other than the main buffet, the Al-a-Carte restaurants are small and not good. Limited menu and service is bad.
8. Nothing around the property other than a few low-end shops and people with rotting teeth
9. If you want to go out to eat then you will need to go to Kemer, which is around $60US round-trip (30-minute drive)

Bottom line; with half the facilities closed "off season", bottom of the barrel liquor, no a/c and a lot of noise, stay away! 7 days was too long of a stay here. If you want a similar experience with not having to pay anything, get yourself thrown into jail for the week."

• Travel date: Thu 10th of April 2008

A little bit tired

"My wife and I went to celebrate her 50th birthday and Valentines day, we booked with Thomas Cook. I know we went out of season but the holiday was still shown as a Winter Sun resort. It rained for 4 out of the 7 days and I understand this is normal for the area.

The hotel is used for conferences in the Winter with very few holday makers (we were the only English people there, the rest were Russian) The reception area and all shared areas are lovely and have been recently refurbished, the staff are very friendly and nothing is too much trouble for them

The food was the same every day, apart from a red cake on Valentines day. Outside the building was closed apart from the tennis court, the "beach" was a building site, work was taking place all round the area getting ready for the summer. The entertainment was the same every night, a man on his piano, which turned out to be a tape.

The room was tired and the bathroom was in bad need of a clean and updating. I understand that this is taking place at the end of 2008.

This hotel was built in the 80's and looks it, I would not even class it as a 4 star, but I am sure it will be better from Summer 2009, but until then keep away."

• Travel date: Fri 22nd of February 2008

Absolutely lovely place!

"I must admit I am slightly surprised by some of the comments below because we absolutely loved this hotel and found it first class. I think that before you book you need to be very clear about what you want from your stay. This is a large, rather luxurious, resort hotel ideal for a beach/pool based holiday or a spa stay. It isn't a boutique hotel, it isn't in a town, it isn't ideal if you want to go out clubbing or shopping every night. It wouldn't be somewhere I would choose to stay out of season either or at a time when you couldn't take advantage of the gardens and the beach.

We stayed here (2 adults/2 teens) for two weeks in August on Marriott points which gave us bed and breakfast. We arrived at about 4 am, very tired, and were delighted to be welcomed into the huge lobby and shown quickly to our family suite. The room was very large indeed with two queen size beds, couch, chairs, tv. The furnishings were tasteful and the beds extremely comfortable - notably so. Linens were very good indeed. There was a fridge/mini bar in the room, 2 large wardrobes, chest of drawers, bedside table and tv. The balcony was small but you could sit out on it if you liked. The bathroom was fine - marble tops, good shower, perhaps a bit tired but perfectly clean and functional. I would say that the room had been very recently refurbished but not the bathroom. The hotel was filled to capacity but the rooms were very quiet and we didn't get disturbed at any time by any other guests.

It was extremely hot the entire time we were there - high 90s and strong sun. The grounds of the hotel are an absolute delight. Brilliant landscaping and luxuriant trees and shrubs. I can't stress how lovely the gardens are. The jasmine was very strongly scented particularly at night and just gorgeous. The hotel is backed by spectacular green mountains and it is a superb location. There are a number of swimming pools, indoor and outdoor. There is a quiet outdoor pool near the hotel and a very large family pool(s) with slides down near the beach. The arrangement of the grounds are quite clever in that the hotel is set back from the sea with the gardens and grounds between it and the beach. The noisier pool, the disco, the entertainment amphitheatre are all down at the beach edge and so they do not disturb the hotel at all at night. There are tennis courts, basketball court, tabletennis, childrens club and playground etc in the grounds. There are plenty of good loungers and umbrellas around all the pools and throughout the grounds - hammocks too. You could always find somewhere to be peaceful in and no problems getting a shaded bed around the pools. The main pool has a swim up bar which was nice.
The beach is narrow and shingly and although there are beds along it, they have also built several piers out into the sea with lounges and also big leather bean bag style seats. We loved these for relaxing on after a swim. The sea was absolutely blissful - very warm and glassy clear. There was a full range of watersports on the beach, not run by the hotel but looked good.

There are a number of restaurants and bars in the hotel: main buffet restaurant for breakfast and dinner; Chinese, Italian, Turkish, Seafood, BeachClub, and the Garden grill for lunch. We ate in the buffet, the garden grill, the Beach Club and the Chinese during our stay and found the food to be excellent. The evening buffet was huge and always included grilled meats and seafood - the steaks were excellent, far removed from the normal "stewed" buffet fare. It is a very large restaurant with both inside and outdoor seating and a very beautiful and serene atmosphere - no queuing or noise - a room that you could imagine holding a wedding in.

The Spa is absolutely stupendous. It takes up the whole lower ground floor of the hotel and has a fantastic ambiance. I have never been to a better facility and that includes places like Ragdale Hall in the UK. The rooms are fantastic especially the Balinese ones complete with starry sky and golden buddhas. The treatments are extensive and very reasonably priced I thought. I had a Kerala Massage with 2 masseurs which was bliss for about £60. If you are shy make sure that you ask for a woman masseur though.

As I said, the hotel was full when we were there. A huge proportion (99.9)of the guests were Russian, Belgian and French and they were on an all inclusive package. This did not impact our stay in any negative way at all, quite the reverse. It was very much a family atmosphere although there were a lot of very glamorous women around. Anna Kournikova was there in our first week and a woman member of Putin's government the second week. The fact that the hotel is really for all inclusive is a bit odd - no prices are shown on the menus or bars - but it isn't a problem.

The hotel is in an area called Beldibi which is about 40 minutes drive south of Antalya and about 25 mins drive north of Kemer. Beldibi itself is a long strip of a village with shops and small cafes on one side of the road and large resort hotels on the sea side of the road. Many of these resorts are all inclusive and so you do not find as many restaurants in the area as you do normally in Turkey. There are some though and we ate out a lot. You could get a taxi to Kemer for 35 euro return or take the local dolmus bus for 5 ytl each way. They run every 15 mins from directly opposite the hotel. The same bus goes to Antalya for about the same fare. We often went down to Kemer in the evening for the range of restaurants and the shopping. The girls went once to go out to a nightclub. There are several very large, very impressive ones there.

We didn't do as much sightseeing as usual becuase frankly, it was just too hot and the hotel was just too tempting. We went out on a scuba diving gulet trip twice. It was really reasonable - 28 euro each for a full day on the boat, 2 dives with all equipment and a buffet lunch and transport to and from the boat. They take you south of Kemer to a delightful cove and then also stop on a submerged wreck and reef on the way back. Really good and excellent value. We also hired a car for the day and saw a number of sights: Aspendos with its ancient acropolis and wonderfully preserved theatre, Perge - a fantastic Roman city, ruins of Phalesis. We had lunch and a swim on Antalya beach that day too. A large sand/shingle beach, quite developed, nowhere near as nice as Beldibi in my opinion. We do recommend visiting the historical sites though - fantastically preserved. Aspendos and Perge are both past Antalya towards Alanya, maybe 90 mins from the hotel. Phalesis is about 35 mins south of the hotel, just past Kemer. Phalesis is a particularly idyllic spot as there is a national parkl around it with many trees and the ruined city is at the waters edge. It was famous for its three harbours and they now provide gorgeous swimming conditions in wonderfully warm, clear water. Turkish families had brought picnics to the beach and it was just perfect.

If it hadn't been so hot, we would probably have hired a car for many more days and explored the mountains and the coast. It would have made going out at night a little easier too. As it was, you just didn't want to stray too far from the water.

Staff were extremely friendly and really tried to help. English was widely spoken. There is an entertainments team - rather Club Med - and they put on shows in the evening and ran the sports and classes during the day. There is a large library but it all seemed to be in Russian, so I was glad I had taken a suitcase full of books to read. :)

Anyway, we had a truly superb time and wouldn't hesitate to return. If you are looking for a luxurious and relaxing beach/pool holiday, perhaps with some spa treatments, this would be a fantastic choice. Feel free to email me with any questions."

• Travel date: Tue 4th of September 2007

Beldibi, actually

Good

"Read review re: bad place for a couple nights, and I must agree - BUT - I booked thru Marriot and have point status, etc. Got in after a tough all night bus from Goreme. The staff helped get us an early check in, which was appreciated. The room was spacious for my 14 yr old and I, and welcomed after 12 days in the Turkish 'bush'. Food okay, crowd manageable since the grounds are large. Actually, 2 days was just right for us and more would have gotten on our nerves."

• Travel date: Wed 30th of May 2007

Horrible

"Booked here for one night as I had arrived late at Antalya Airport. This is not a hotel for booking a one or two night stay as it is full of package tourists fighting for the really indifferent buffet and watered down free drinks. Avoid at all costs unless you are on a package. However it does have really nice gardens."

• Travel date: Mon 21st of May 2007

Fantastic, friendly, and hospitable!!

"You will love the Renaissance! The entire staff was wonderful to us- especially my 2 and a half year old. The concierge -great- the wait staff - very accomodating and yummy buffet with lots to choose from and very fresh. The Chinese restaurant is great, too. This place is great for adults because it is quiet and has a great pool and beautiful gardens with huge mountains in the backround- perfect for a honeymoon or romantic get-a-way. If you have kids, there is a kids' club that has activities everyday, there was one Turkish girl, Razi, that was very sweet with the kids and her English was great- we loved her!! There is even babysitting- the girls that do the activities are in charge of this. There is a spa and it is amazing. The hot stone and aromatherapy massages were another activity we enjoyed during our 8 day stay. Another nice bonus was the fresh figs, cherries, and peaches that were delivered to us every afternoon- nice touch!!!!! Thanks Renaissance and hope we get to see you again next year. P.S. A friend of ours goes to Hawaii every year and always raves about the resorts there- we showed him the pictures of the Renaissance and he said "the hotels I've seen in Hawaii aren't as nice as this." WOW!!!!"

• Travel date: Wed 16th of August 2006

Classy Hotel

"I stayed in hotel between 20 and 23th of July. I had have never been in Antalya before thus I wasn't sure if i should go Kemer or Belek but I am glad I went to Renaissance Mariott in Kemer. It is very peacefull, very green. I felt I had meals in forest. They have chinese, italian and open buffet restaurant. I tried all of them, food was delicious. I would recommend to try spa too. I and my husband had a cleopatra bath. Just amazing."

• Travel date: Mon 24th of July 2006

Beautiful Hotel

"This is a beautiful large hotel with spacious rooms and comfortable bed. When we got to our room we had a bowl of fruit and later a delivery of cheese, crackers and water. The staff was friendly and helpful (except trying to give us directions to find the hotel Part of the problem was communicating in English and we didn't know exactly where we were). Although the hotel name is Antalya, it is actually 45 km out of Antalya. The resort has two very nice pools, is right on the Mediterrain with a rocky beach. There is a nice beach restaurant where you can look out over the water and have spectacular views."

• Travel date: Tue 5th of July 2005

Not up to Marriot/ Renaissance Standard

"I booked 2 weeks in April 2005 for a family holiday direct with the hotel, as I wanted to be assured of service in the manner of the Marriott Hotel group. Unfortunately we found that the hotel does not live up to its name. We arrived as the hotel was moving out of the low season and were paying £100 per night for a suite with half board.
The hotel receives many Russians on all-inclusive tours. The problem is that, at least in the off-season, they have paid very small money (£30 per night per room) yet get much more from the hotel as they have all drinks included. I could live with this but the hotel charges high bar prices making an evening of drinking extremely expensive. A large beer is £4, a fresh orange juice the same price and spirits and wines are predictably astronomical. There are a couple of bars outside the hotel but they are not up to much. The restaurant food is generally good but we found that the choice declined during our stay, then miraculously become good one weekend when directors of the franchise company were staying at the hotel.
My main problem however was the management’s inability to deal effectively with a simple complaint. A point came when I felt the quality of the evening meal had deteriorated too far to go without comment and I discussed the matter with the food and beverage manager, after which I understood as part of compensation my wife and daughter would receive complimentary fresh orange juice with meals. This should not be an issue as other guests received free juice anyway. What I found however on subsequent days was that this agreement related only to breakfast, and then to a rationed limit of one glass. Further meetings with the manager just left me fuming, as agreements made would later be found to come with strings attached. A hotel in the Marriott group should have been able to resolve my problem without fuss but unfortunately their inability to deal with simple issues was a demonstration of how the hotel is not of Marriott standard."

• Travel date: Sat 25th of June 2005

Relaxing paradise

"I have stayed at this Hotel twice May/June 2013 + 2014 plus have already booked for this July 2015

I have traveled there with my wife and two very active children(aged 10 + 14)and cannot find any fault with this superb hotel

The location is beautiful once inside the hotel complex, right on the beach with mountains overlooking the area, lovely well kept gardens and palatial main buildings

Service - nothing is too much trouble for the very attentive staff, plus if you need anything, all you need to do is ask and it will be sorted

Rooms - we have stayed in the main building and garden villa and the rooms are big with two bathrooms and massive beds with stunning views, excellent for a family of four with a teenage daughter

Facilities - pool area with a swim up bar, slides, well maintained, very safe, plenty of sunbeds all you can wish for
There is an adult only pool for those lucky enough to be on their own
There are plenty of bars dotted around the complex selling all the international brand drinks and never a problem with queuing to get served
Most of the time they will bring your drinks to you!
Food - fantastic choice for all tastes + great A la cart restaurants - Mexican, steak, international , Turkish, Asian(Chinese/Japanese) + fish

My very active kids find plenty to do both day and night(football, basketball, tennis, mini football, golf, table tennis, pool games, darts etc + there is also a games room with pool, snooker tables and all the computer games they could wish for - all of this is free of charge

This means my wife can laze by the pool relaxing all day not worrying about the kids who can occupy themselves in this very safe environment and enjoy the fantastic weather and location

Entertainment - shows in the amphitheatre are very enjoyable and professional, live bands each night, discos if you want, quiet music if required in the piano bar, plus even an Irish bar - all you can want
The staff are very friendly and interactive, and keep you smiling all holiday

All in all this is a fantastic hotel where you can have the best of both worlds, active, relaxing but be warned, you may put weight on as the food is fabulous - unless you make use of the fully equipped gym and sauna complex each day like my wife does(pre - breakfast, can you believe it!)

I have heard the hotel has had a major renovation this winter, so I cannot wait to see the changes this coming July - cannot wait!

• Travel date: Mon 8th of June 2015

NEVER GET MARRIED AT THE RENAISSANCE

"We got married there in oct 2011. if i could only turn back the clock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

• Travel date: Mon 2nd of May 2011

Hotels near Renaissance Antalya Beach Resort & Spa

Stayed at Renaissance Antalya Beach Resort & Spa? Share your insight.

Renaissance Antalya Beach Resort & Spa is also called