The Wave Pool at the Kervansaray Hotel Kundu

Good
1979 reviews

An excellent family hotel

Reviewed 17th June 2012

"My family stayed here from 22nd may-june 3rd.Can`t praise it enough,the staff were,helful,polite,friendly and fun!!!!Rooms basic,but very clean,with lovely touches( flowers left in sink,swan towels etc.)The animation team,and shows were 11 out of 10,just fantastic,with brilliant late music and discos.The food was brilliant,such a variety,fresh and something to suit everyone.Never struggled for tables or sunbeds,fresh room and beach towels everyday.Great beach with plenty of watersports and boat trips and paragliding.The toilets were always clean,pretty gardens everywhere you went.Just a fantastic hotel,we will be going back for sure!!"

• Travel date: 15th June 2012

brilliant holiday

Reviewed 25th September 2011

"there was a group of us that went to this hotel, there was 9 of us in the group plus a small baby. the rooms were alright but my sons room had a brick wall for a view, asked if we could change the room they said come back in the morning, but by then my son was fine with the room, you only sleep in it.the hotel was brilliant, would go back there, because everything you need is there. would not go on the boat trip with thompson, it was a waste of money, the animation team was brill, they were so funny and they got on with everyone, there is only one downfall the food was competitive, but you always found something to eat, turkey nights were brill. if you go to the turkish restaurant the food was amazing, loved this hotel so did all my family would go back. if you go to this hotel in september i will warn you it is very hot in the 40."

• Travel date: 25th September 2011

nice hotel, but economies are made

Reviewed 20th October 2010

"The hotel was nice, but a little too big I think. The beach is with sand and the slope is slant, so it's good for children. Although it is not big enough for all the people and if you do not wake up early enough and /like me/ go to the beach after 10 am., there is hardly a free chaise-longue till lunch time. The rooms are very nice, very big and spacious. The mini-bar should be refilled every day, but the first 3 days no one did this until we complained. Towels were changed every day. Meals were very good, but a little bit more variety would be better. There was fish on every meal, usually at least 2 sishtes which I like very much. The personnel usually knew a little and directed guests to reception and guest service. Not everyone knows English. I searched for 3 days for table tennis, because noone understood me or sent me to ask other people, or didn't know that there are 2 tennis tables in the hotel. This was very dissapointing. At last I found it myself, walking around. The wave pool worked from time to time, but I could see it work only once. The water slides/rinks worked only a few hours and were closed before the written working hours. The animation was very bad, There was 1 nice performance with turkish dancing, and the others I think were made by the animators and were... amateur. One night there was a travestit show /not very good too/. The disco on the beach was not bad. They had 2 or 3 balls for mini golf! It took us 3 days and 4 attempts to get to it and when we joked that we had lost the ball the poor girl form the animators was really frightened. The canoo slide didn't work at all. There were sporting devices on one meadow and also 2 footbal playgrounds, on which nearly noone played. Well I think that for the price the hotel was very nice, but it isn't 5 star at all. I'd probably choose another for my next vacation, but it wasn't very bad for rest."

• Travel date: 18th October 2010

brilliant

Reviewed 9th September 2010

"Just returned from this wonderful hotel. Kept wonderfully clean, maids in every day, bath towels changed, hoovered and beds made. Swimming poolslovely and water slides great fun. Fantastic "Animation Team" full of fun, very friendly. Night time entertainment varied every night, only repeat was the a Turkish Night. No complaints enjoyed every minute. Will return to this hotel definitely."

• Travel date: 6th September 2010

hotel kundu

Reviewed 3rd June 2010

"i just came back from this hotel with my partner and 4 year old son, i thought the hotel was lovely cant complain about anything really, rooms were basic but how long are you in them for? food was ok salad bars every day for breakfast, lunch and evening meal. could have been more choice as my son didnt like alot of the food he lived on cucumber and potato wedges for the week we were there. the air con in the room was not that good either ok for may i suppose but if you go in august when its boiling then that wont be fun. all the toilets and bars were all spotlessly clean, all the staff very friendly, entertainment was good. we did book a trip to go on a boat by the river and the market, which didnt happen because the rep put down the wrong hotel. so check everything thoroughly with the reps. but overall i enjoyed it and so did my son"

• Travel date: 2nd June 2010

I wish there was a rating score of 0

Reviewed 20th April 2009

"We had booked into the hotel Kervansary Kundu in Antalya for a seven night stay departing the 4th April returning the 12th April from Glasgow. On arriving at the hotel we were greeted with a building site beside us with a dirt track to walk down to get out of the hotel onto the main road. The building work was on from 7am each morning till 12 at night, we were not told at booking that any building work was being carried out. As a result we could not relax at the pool due to the constant noise or leave the veranda door open when in the room due to the constant building noise at night. When we arrived on the Sunday morning we were told that we were the first guests into the hotel and that it had just opened which again we were not advised of when booking. As a result of this many of the facilities that we were told would be available to us were not open e.g. No beach bar, water sports, no cabaret/nightly entertainment .no music, no beach games and no sun loungers for the beach. The indoor pool advertises a heated pool with wave machine this was not heated and no wave machine was ever on. The outdoor pool only had one flume working at specific times and the other 3 were never on. When we asked about this on the Monday we were told the hotel had just opened therefore everything was still to be completed. To which this is highly unsatisfactory as I had previously asked when booking if everything would be available and that we were on season to which the answer was yes. However come the Friday everything is starting to open yet we go home the Saturday. On the Thursday I decided to take a sun lounger down to the beach as no one else was going to bother to offer their services on doing so we tried to relax in the sun only to be disturbed 30 minutes later to be told by two men to move our sun loungers, when I looked up I discovered they were painting what looked like the scaffolding poles for the sun canopy’s that had still not been put up again highly unsatisfactory this should have been completed before the hotel opened. Their was also meant to be a piano bar however on going to the piano bar no piano was playing, again on asking about this we were told that the piano was broken again this should have been resolved before opening. Due to this there was no atmosphere as there was no music in any of the resort. The men’s toilets were also unsatisfactory as the urinals were not working properly and would not automatically flush causing a horrific stench, the toilet lights also flashed on & off constantly in both the ladies& men’s toilets yet again on reporting this nothing was done and continued to stay like this throughout the week. We were also told on booking that there was Sky TV and various channels to choose from in English only to discover all we had was BBC World News. Moving on to the food we were told there would be A La Carte Italian restaurant only to discover yet again that it wasn’t here. The first half of the week no European food was catered for until there were complaints as to which the food started to get a little better. However there were no full English breakfasts e.g. fried food (as previously told to us on booking). Midnight snack and late breakfast were the leftovers from the previous dinner and breakfast times again unsatisfactory, we were told this would be fresh food. There was also no afternoon snack and beach snacks e.g. burgers and ice cream, crisps etc throughout the day when the restaurant was closed which we had told would be available. On booking we were told there was plenty of entertainment out with the resort (bars & restaurants in Lara and practically outside the door) there is nothing apart from a local shop and certainly no night entertainment. The entertainment reps took us to a disco this was not advertised on the excursion programme therefore I feel they may have did this of their own accord as when being picked up it was by cars and not the coaches and they were phoning around to arrange more cars due to a shortage. They told us the drinks at the disco were between 5 & 7 Lira each only to discover they were 15 Lira each. Moving onto the excursions we choose to go on the Bargain Bonanza tour which they were 3o minutes late on picking us up from the hotel for, we were told on booking it would take 45 minutes to get their, however it took 2 hours instead and we had no tour guide that spoke any English for the first hour into the trip. When the tour guide did appear even he was no good telling us there was “stuff” to the left of us instead of the history and information relevant to the tour. Then we finally arrived at the market and by this point most people on the tour were annoyed and angry as we were meant to visit 3 shopping outlets which turned out to be nothing bigger than a medium sized shop and there was meant to be a fashion show to which we got turned away as the shop knew nothing about it as a result we spent only one hour at the market due to the travel time and the disaster of the shopping outlets. We were meant to return to the hotel no later than 3pm however we didn’t get back till 6pm. Due to the disaster of this trip we choose to cancel the Tale of two Cities trip on the Saturday. When we complained to the tour guide about the length of time travelling he said that the reps that sold the tour to us didn’t have a clue about travelling times and how long it takes to get to places. On booking we were also told there would be a free mini bar in our room with alcohol included and this would be topped up everyday, yet no alcohol was in the mini bar and as for topping up we only got 2 small bottles of juice and a bottle of water and if you even left a quarter of the bottle of juice they wouldn’t replace it. On booking we were told that a late checkout room would be available at a small cost (around £3o) and the earliest we would have to vacate would be around 11pm due to a flight at 6am, on asking about this at the hotel we were told it would be 10 euro’s per hour and the latest we could keep the room would be 6pm again highly disappointing as if I knew this I would never have booked as I certainly didn’t want to have no room 9 hours before being picked up for my flight home ( 3am pick up time). On booking I also asked how much a taxi would be to Antalya (main town) and was told around £5 to £10 however on booking a taxi I was told it would be 45 Lira each way (around £22.50 each way) again I would have not choose the resort had I known this as I couldn’t go out to the town for nights out etc. The prices in the hotel were also ridiculous I used the hotel phone for 25 minutes and it cost me £115 it has never been this much in any other hotel iv been in abroad. When I asked for an itemised bill and receipt they refused to give me one. I purchased a small bar of chocolate and bag of haribo from the hotel shop and got charged 17 Lira that’s about £8.50 I expect to pay a little more in hotels but not 3 times as much as usual. I also asked the hotel for 2 wake up calls one at 6.45am and one at 7.45am only to be woken at 6 & 7 am how they could get this wrong I don’t understand especially when I saw them write it in their book at the specific time slot I had asked for. The hotel also advertises bell boys never saw them the whole holiday. The spa at the hotel was also advertised on booking as being free of charge and that we would not have to pay for the basic treatments yet again this is not included. Overall I have had a highly unsatisfactory holiday I feel I need another holiday to recuperate from the one I have just had. Not only has this been a disappointment but it has caused a lot upset and anger we came this holiday as it was mine and my partners first holiday together and both our birthdays whilst we were their but the only memories we have taken back are bad ones and it has put us off ever travelling to Turkey again."

• Travel date: 20th April 2009

Great relaxing holiday

Reviewed 13th April 2009

"Kervansaray Kundu hotel is modern, clean and had excellent facilities. The entrance was smart and up-to-date, with some interesting light effects (though not so garish as to disturb those of us on the migraine spectrum!) and the reception was always staffed with approachable people happy to help. A room to house luggage for the period while waiting for the coach on the last day leads off the main area. The location was fine for those who want to stay put or go on coach trips out, though a bit far from the nearest city for convenience unless you are prepared to drive (25 minutes journey and do note - I couldn't find a bank nearer than Antalya that would change Traveller's Cheques, even the airport bank couldn't help at a weekend, though staff at the hotel helpfully changed sterling into Turkish lire for me). There are shopping malls within walking distance if you want more than the in-house range. No airport noise at all although only 15 minutes away. Not for the person looking for local cultural atmosphere as the whole coastal area (previously marshland) is developed/ being developed as western-style hotels, villas and apartment blocks. Some building work was going on adjacent to the site but this was not intrusive. The dual carriageway that serves the hotel is mildly busy but I was not aware of any noise at all during the stay unless walking along it. This was a really relaxing holiday, the hotel in a lovely beach position with a cleverly-designed plot that accommodates a wide range of relaxation and activities for its customers, from pools and hammocks to beach-volleyball, archery and tennis. The beach itself has golden, powdery sand that is suitable for sandcastles nearer the water's edge. The sea was fabulously blue and clear, the beaches clean and inviting strolls for ever along its edge, or for the sun-worshipper, a peaceful lounge with a book and suntan lotion. Sea sports were available, at additional cost (e.g. short parasail for 35 euros). There was a clean toilet/ changing facility just conveniently placed on the periphery of the beach and taps for rinsing sand off your feet on the beach. Sunloungers, beach towels and cushions were provided. The photos are truly accurate, in fact hardly do it justice as regards the setting. The view is so lovely. The rooms and all public areas were spotlessly clean and the staff helpful and cheerful. Bedlinen and towels were changed daily and rooms checked daily. Our room had a fantastic view, was comfortable, with plenty of room in both bedroom and bathroom, with plenty of clothes storage and a safe for the passports etc. Mini bar (soft drinks) was replenished daily too. You might like to bring a travel kettle if you would like a morning cuppa on the balcony. There was no smoking in the rooms or public areas but outside or balconies was permissible. There was no smell of cigarette smoke anywhere in the buildings. The pools were cold water outside but very clean and the water slide great fun. The number of pools meant you could choose whether to be peaceful or have music to listen to. Infants had a small area with plastic play equipment and designated paddling pools. I didn't use the indoor pool or spa but friends reported well of the facilities. Massages and treatments were additionally charged. Food was very good, much better than I had expected, and a fantastic range to please many cultural choices. The provision was always fresh and tasty and staff worked phenomenally hard in the background to maintain a full buffet. Although I understand that the Turkish custom is to serve food lukewarm, our food was always hot enough for my western tastes, as ban-maries were used to house hot dishes. Barbecues were on offer when weather was good, lunchtimes there were burgers and chips or sandwiches if you wanted them, evening BBQ varied from day to day from chicken to lamb to trout. A clean and attractive restaurant, all the bars were similarly pleasant. In the evening, wine waiters brought any drinks you wanted although it was still self-service for the food. I didn't try the a la carte evening but the banquette seating seemed a bit odd for that occasion. The first few days for a la carte were Turkish specialities, the last three days, fish. The animation team (entertainment) was excellent, not only keeping the children amused but adults as well, with unfailing enthusiasm and care to keep the atmosphere buoyant and inclusive. They took time to interact with all, to check that everyone was happy with the holiday experience whether or not they were taking part in the activities on offer. Very impressive. The evenings were romantically lit around the site and one could sit and drink at the piano bar or retire for some TV (only news stations in English, the odd English programme could be found on the German channels)or gaze from the balcony at the evening lights. There was entertainment of a sort (Bingo, karaoke) but the animation team was expected to provide this too and though I hate to criticise them after their excellent daytime work, the 'dance show' I attended was not up to the standard of the hotel, think am-dram on a rough night. The hotel really ought to buy in some professionals for this if it wants to keep the 'aspiring 5-star' status. But that was a very small issue in view of the lovely holiday we experienced. A great time, most relaxing and enjoyable, and a good choice for this time of year (pre- insect)when we Brits can be so sun-starved. Brilliant for unwinding and enjoying sea and sunshine, with every convenience provided. A big thank-you to the hard-working staff who, unobtrusively, made it all possible. "

• Travel date: 13th April 2009

Good hotel. great value for money.

Reviewed 20th November 2012

"After reading the reviews on this hotel we were not looking forward to this holiday. However we were pleasantly surprised. The rooms were very nice, cleaned daily with fantastic views of the sea and a mini bar that was stocked daily. Safety deposit boxes were free. Pools were very clean and the water slides were brill, our daughter Eleanor had a great time on them. Some people complained that the neighbouring hotels were much better, but did they price them up (obviously not). We did and found them to be about £800 more for the fortnight. Animation team put on some good shows and worked really hard all day long. Overall we had a fantastic holiday and met some really lovely people. The Ince family from Bolton"

• Travel date: 17th August 2007

our terrible holiday

Reviewed 25th November 2012

"when we arrived at 5am after my mums suitecase never turned up and after the coach left without us we eventually arrived at the hotel checked in and went up stairs to our room. after a few hours of sleep we opened the cutains to see a giant crack in one of the doors which was taped up with selotape. every morning about 10am the maid would just walk straight into our room. the lifts are rubbish because twice i saw them brake down but the first time the staff did nothing about it. one day we tried the seafood restaurant. when we got there all the food was already set out on the table who knows how long they'd been there they might have been out of date or flys might of landed on the food. then the next morning we all had upset stomachs and wondered if it was the food we had that night. now coming up to the end of our holiday my ear started hurting so we went to see the hotel doctor and he said that the pool had no chlorine in it and had lots of germs in it then he said you must go to hospital. after going to hospital luckily it was the end of our terrible holiday. the only good thing was the pianist called Barbara, who played the piano every other night in the Piano Bar."

• Travel date: 16th August 2007

Humanitarian warning : AVOID KERVANSARAY (unless you pay the price for a 3 star

Reviewed 20th November 2012

"After a pleasant holiday in Antalya (Belek region) in 2006 I have decided to repeat the experience this year. I went for Kervansaray Kundu knowing that it is quite new (opened last year). Big mistake…my mistake in fact as I heard many complaints about Kervansaray Lara (same chain, located in neighborhood). We (with kids of 8 and 3) have endured an ordeal of 2 weeks of frustration as Kervensaray Kundu is no more no less than an ordinary 3 star hotel. The furniture is cheap, the beds and pillows quite uncomfortable, the bathroom has poor light, the concept of the hotel and its surroundings is basic, very minimalist, looking for functionality at low cost. As for the services, besides finding dark, blonde and pubic hair in the food there are no good things to mention: -the whole staff have un unfriendly attitude (with few exceptions) -(probably for economy reasons) everything is under direct sunlight, no other buildings to provide shadows are in place and that’s why the waiters are all sweat; they have the bad habit to serve the drinks keeping their sweating hands on the top of the glass (where you put your mouth) -room cleaning is done every other day at best and at 3 in the afternoon the staff makes big noise on the hallway knocking on all doors to hand the lousy drinks for the day -everyday embarrassing queue for the ice cream from 4 to 5 -The 3 a la carte restaurants are a bad joke: no menu to choose from, the food sucks (the Italian has no pizza…) -There is no restaurant to serve the meals, it’s a canteen for the working class; again, no shadow on the terrace (the cheap umbrellas are no match for the almighty sun during the day) so the poor breakfast (miserable coffee) and lunch (acceptable) will be taken into the canteen; the food is good at dinner and it’s ok to stay on the terrace -In the canteen the baby corner contain 3 boxes: biscuits, corn flakes and sugar For a moment I thought that the whole area is coursed and all hotels are the same. To convince myself I have trespassed to all neighboring hotels and what I have found there deepened my frustration as the ambience were marvelous, very luxurious … like in a real 5 stars hotel (Royal Wings, Sherwood, Limak, etc.) On the good side the animation team was ok, but once their show was over the everyday beach party ended up before really starting in total failure. …I’m puzzled by the favorable reviews found on this site (should be written either by hotel staff or by north Korean tourists)."

• Travel date: 11th August 2007

Its not as bad as some make out!!

Reviewed 4th November 2012

"There were two families in our party (9 people in all) We had booked this hotel last year and had watched the reports with interest. I have to say that we were quite concerned at comments made of others experiences and I even contacted Thomas Cook the week before departure to see if there was a serious problem with this hotel. The main road in Lara is full of very glamourous looking hotels and when we arrived at ours in the early hours the lights were off and it was tucked away slightly however reception greeted us and we were shown to our rooms by the porter. We had requested all 4 rooms near each other, and were a little worried that the children would not be on the same floor as us, but we were very pleased to find that we had been allocated interconnecting rooms. We later found out that this was due to the very helpful rep who couldnt do enough for you. The hotel was extremley clean throughout. We did not find the food to be repetative however if you were fussy and not prepared to try other dishes then perhaps you may say it was repetative. I do agree that a 5* is probably not the right rating perhaps a 4* plus, however this could be due to other guests that did not dress up for their evening meal. We watched some people walk off the beach with beach towels under their arms and join the other diners whilst in their beach wear. I did pass this comment on to the manager and said that for a 5* there should be a restaurant manager to enforce the dress code, and to stop peolpe walking out of the restaurant with plates full of food that you would often see later scattered around the hotel. This is normally the case even at 4* hotels!! Animation entertainment was varied in the day and there if you wanted to join in. They worked hard!! However some of the evening entertainment was very poor. The best night for us was the Turkish night whereall the stops were pulled out, it was great to see some of the culture. Reception staff were not particulary helpful however staff in the bars and restaurant were and they love small children!! The good points far outweigh the bad points. Overall our holiday was really good and I think that we had value for money. If you are going to this hotel do not worry we were pleasantly surprised."

• Travel date: 31st July 2007

worst holiday ever!

Reviewed 28th October 2012

"We booked this as a 5* AI allocation on arrival, the travel agent Thomas Cook Gave us their Turkey brochure saying that it would be one of the 5* star hotels featured in the brochure.IT WASN'T On arrival after a horrific flight due to it being a Turkish Airline where the cabin crew could not understand a word anyone was saying we were allocated the kundu at lara beach. Our hopes were raised as we had read about lara beach in the Thomas Cook brochure and seeing all the amazing hotels other people were getting dropped of at we were getting excited. The mini bus pulled into this derelict road with sheds and unkempt ground and at the side it was very obvious another hotel was due being built as the foundations were in place for it. We arrived at a front entrance of a ugly hotel with no bell boy so we had to struggle with 2 cases hand luggage and our sleepy grumpy 3 year old. Check in was a nightmare, room horrible, staff unfriendly, no dress code for restaraunt, nothing for kids, no foreign exchange, the rest of holiday was a totally horrible worst ever no way was this a 5* a 3* more like. Husband complained to rep at welcome meeting and was told we would need to pay to be moved as we had already paid out a fortune their was no way we were paying more and told rep we would complain back in UK to Thomas Cook."

• Travel date: 22nd July 2007

Hotels near Kervansaray Kundu Beach Hotel

Top traveller tips for Kervansaray Kundu Beach Hotel

• by Donna W

"A very quick transfer from the airport made this an excellent choice."

• by essex group

"take a walk along the beach it is beautiful"

• by poli80

"nice hotel, nice beach, lazy vacation"

• by gailygirl

"modern and very clean, all staff very helpful and friendly"

• by astirra

"Theres no sight-seeing or bars/restaurants within 30 mins walk from hotel."

• by astirra

"Wait a couple of years until its been fully built."

• by Hodi

"The old harbour at Antalya"

Kervansaray Kundu Beach Hotel is also called