A happy medium

Reviewed Thu 13th of June 2013

"The aesthetics of the resort is perfect, the lay out, the children catered for, the teens to young at heart catered for, the oldies or more relaxing type catered for!

The food excellent, good variety. Enough so we didn't even book a la carte!

The staff, 90% friendly and much better English than my Turkish.

The rooms clean and ample.

I had a sports massage, it was very good, they definitely know what they are doing, elevated a lower leg (calf, Achilles' tendon and heel) problem along with an overall tension relief in all muscles feeling more free and standing tall the day after. Thanks Ciban and mustafa ( spelling of names may be wrong, sorry guys)

Haveet ( again name spelling probably wrong ) and the wrest of the guys at the waterspouts club were friendly and fun, had a good time with them and prices were reasonable.

Two of the bar staff were brill with us and the children, Namibia and and another young chap, thanks lads, made our stay more enjoyable.

A couple of bad points of the holiday but not a holiday killer and not really the hotels fault........... As a few people have mentioned, the Russians.......... They are far from friendly........... I say hi or at least smile at everyone, the Dutch acknowledged me, the Chinese or Eastern Asian acknowledge me, made friends with people from Amsterdam and holland and had a few nights drinking and chatting with them but the Russians, they won't smile back, the push in at restraint and bar, they basically think they rule and have very little manners! The odd one was at meals in just swimming trunks when it clearly states 'no swim wear'!

Other than that, the hotel and staff are great, the holiday was great, we will be going back again next year at the same time!

Really enjoyed it.

Thanks IC Green Palace."

• Travel date: Wed 5th of June 2013

beautiful holidays

Reviewed Thu 18th of October 2012

"The hotel is very nice, great decoration, very beautiful pools and garden, very nice room , with good air conditioning.
The food in the main restaurant was very diverse , every evening we had a barbeque or traditional food, pizza and pastry etc.Something for everybody.You could eat on terrace with a beautiful view to the garden and the small lakes with fishes and lot of vegetation.Animation in the evening was excellent and covering all the tastes.One evening we had a foam party on the beach and I can tell you it was very funny !
Not so good parts: service not for 5 stars , staff very friendly , but professionaly not at 5 stars level , cleaning in the room sometimes superficial and booking dinner in one of the a la carte restaurants did not worth at all.First , you can not book simply to the reception, but you have to queue after 9 p.m. and those restaurant were actually a corner from the main restaurant and food had nothing special to worth queuing and further more, in the italian restaurant children under 12 were not allowed , so finally we decided to stick to the main restaurant.For the sunbeds , I had to wake up in the morning at 7 ! Kids animation was in Russian , so not all the kids could enjoy it unfortunately .
All in all, if you pass over the small inconvenients , you are going to have a very pleasant staying , the hotel is beautiful and very green and if you have kids they will love the place for sure ! My son 4 years old was crying all the back way and this year he definetely would like to go in the same place !"

• Travel date: Fri 25th of April 2008

Let's keep this simple!

Reviewed Fri 26th of October 2012

"This is my first review on Trip Advisor, but feel it neccessary to comment, so want to keep it as simple as possible!

We book five star hlidays every two years. This was at most three.

I have read some reviews saying the staff were not good. We found them nothing less than excellent. Friendly, even though overworked and as efficient as is possible when serving far too many people at the limited meal times.

The cosmetics of the pool are very nice, although I caught an ear infection within three days. Which the local doctor decided to syringe and I now have a perforated ear drum.

The a'la carte restaurants are only bookable on a ridiculous queuing system beginning at 9.30pm! They are so small that if you are not in the queue in the first six they are full! Although we found out that SOMEHOW the numbers just did not add up. Also you can only (officially) have only ONE meal in each of these restaraunts no matter how long your stay is!

We like to think that we enjoy friendly, happy holidays enjoying passing hello's and some light laughter round the poolside, but, and I can't believe I am mensioning a particular race of people, the Russian majority absolutely forbids any friendliness. We tried and tried to smile and say hello and good morning only to be met by stone faced glares.

I thought I coulf keep this simple, but it turns out I could go on for hours. But I hope you get the point."

• Travel date: Mon 17th of September 2007

Nice hotel; Fiori-ALBANIA

Reviewed Sun 4th of November 2012

"My husband and I, together with our 3 years old daughter stayed in IC Green in early August. We enjoyed the nice hotel, with its pretty nice environment. I loved its greenness with all those palm and banana trees. Sea was perfect, and the food was delicious. BBQ everynight with all kinds of fish, shrimps and meat. There were different a la carte restaurants, but most of them were inside the hotel. I couldn't get why not to be in all the greenness area outside, along the seaside ( ex fish restaurant was set in a corner of the buffet restaurant).

We relaxed and enjoyed the hotel, besides one bad thing that happened to us. We put some money inside the safe box ( as we thought it was SAFE!!!!). Next day we found out that there was stolen 100 Eur out of the wallet inside the safe. SUch a bad thing!!!!! I felt so bad for that.

Another thing I would not reccomend was Lillium center massages and other services. It was terrible. I paid for an aromatherapy massage and I got a simple one with no aromatherapy at all. Or I reserved a aloe vera face mask, and I got some honey product on my face with a horrible creme at the end. Money wasted!!!!!.

So the best thing that this hotel offers would be: nice environment and food."

• Travel date: Thu 23rd of August 2007

beautiful place - but below the 5 star standard

Reviewed Mon 26th of November 2012

"the place is beautiful. Very nice garden, a lot of palms and banana trees, fantastic swimming pools - I have been to a lot of place but it was the best swimming pool complex I have encountered with. The beach is nice. The bars are very good, bars making pancake and pizza and fish are far better than the main restaurant.
Guests are Russians, mainly - some people may not like them, but the women are beautiful, although most of them are plastic.
The disco is open air and if you go to relax and not to party it is quite annoying. Service in the restaurants is very friendly but otherwise lazy - you should ask at least three times for anything, sometimes they still do not do it. The so-.called villa- area of the place is ridiculous - far under the value.
I think this place is far from a regular 5 star one, but because it is very nice you can have very good time.

peter from hungary"

• Travel date: Tue 14th of August 2007

5 Star Hotel, 1 Star Guests

Reviewed Tue 27th of November 2012

"I can not agree entirely with the previous review. The staff were not Russian but Turkish, they almost all had a basic grasp of English and they were exceptionally polite. The hotel is immaculate. There was someone cleaning up at all times. We were amazed at the trouble they went too. The hotel itself was excellent and is close to being as advertised - 5 stars.

It was the other guests (the majority are Russian) that spoilt it for us. If you want a sun bed and parasol without having to contact house-keeping (they will get you what you want but it all takes time and trouble) then I suggest that you take your towels down to the pool/beach before 0630h. Even then there is a real chance that the beds/parasol will be taken before you get to use it. Manners, ability to wait in line........well.

Dress code in the restaurants is, for all intents and purposes, non existent. Any old T and football shorts will do! Not what we like.

As for the restaurants there are a number other than the main buffet but you have to book these. This you do by inserting a special card into a machine. The next days bookings are available after 2130h the previous day. Places are limited and so to book you need to queue from at least 2100h to have a chance. We did it once and decided that this was not what we wanted to do each night. The main buffet was fine with a large range of good if slightly repetitive food. There is a BBQ every night.

The animation shows (I normally avoid them) that were staged each night were very good.

The hotel management seem powerless to apply there own rules.

We had a late deal that meant that our holiday was exceptional value. But would we go there again - NO."

• Travel date: Tue 24th of July 2007

Let's get it right .....

Reviewed Mon 22nd of October 2012

"As some else said a fantastic Hotel , with an international clientele means Russian, German, Dutch, Belgiums , Czech's,Slovaks. I was the only Englishman there , which caused some amusement to the turks, as many had worked in east London , where I come from, and I was almost considered family . The many pool areas are fantastic, with water slides for the kids or young at heart ;-) ; the beach-sea is good , with many ( but expensive ) water sports ; the gardens and grounds pleasant and , rooms very good with air-con, many theme restaurants ( I recommend the quiet italian one ) , many pool and a beach cafe ( even a cool, air-con PATISSERIE on the way to the beach ) the bars are brilliant and at all meal times there is enough food selection to kill you .

However, if you are the type of person who eats McDonalds and cannot stand fresh food excellent shellfish,salads, bread , cakes you would never buy at home as they are so unheathly , then do not go here.

The down side's are as follows .

The beer is EFES pils which I found very gassey , and it is a very light mix .The general staff I found extremely helpful, if a little amateurish and over friendly in service for a 5 star hotel . They are not that bad with English skills, remember you are in southern Turkey . If you want something at the breakfast or dinner table , then ASK and it will come ....but enjoy the meal as an eating experience as in France , rather than expect to bolt it down in 15minutes .

The lack of towels by pools and beach can be a problem . I gave the guy working on the towel shed 5 euro the first day and always got a towels for our group . Towels saving sun beds can also be an issue, but do not get angry, get up early ( before 9am ) and put yours there, or when you get to the beach , ask the hotel beach attendant for a sun bed , they do hide spare ones !

The local bus to the town market , is an interesting 40 minute ride experience ..try it !

Can I recommend you go for a Turkish Bath , arranged via your travel agent .....wow !"

• Travel date: Tue 24th of July 2007

Hello to everybody I just came back fro...

Reviewed Mon 23rd of July 2007

"Hello to everybody

I just came back from my holiday in Turkey(Antalya). I stayed at the hotel IC Green Palace.

Let me tell you something: if you want a perfect holiday with best services, best personel, best food, best hotel then you should book imediatly at IC Green Palace.

I had a great time and I am sure that I will go again. By the way,if you are going shopping bargain, bargain and bargain again. The Turkish people are very nice with the turist and I think they would do everything for the tourists.

If you want to go shopping you can take a taxi from the hotel (it costs about 10-15 euros) and you can not belive it, they are waiting for you till you are doing all your shopping (for us they waited 3 hours in the same preis). "

• Travel date: Mon 23rd of July 2007

Service was really bad

Reviewed Sun 4th of November 2012

"The hotel complex was actually very nice. Unfortunately the guests were mainly Russians, so was the staff. We had trouble even ordering table water as the waiters did not speak english. When there were no plates and cuttlery on the table, we had to ask for them. Nothing was broght automatically by the waiters. One night I had flies all over my drink, while sitting in the lobby next to a plant. When I pointed this out to the staff they told me I could change seats if I did not look like it! The hotel and the adjoining ones caters to guests that like to disco in the evening. If you like it quiet, do not go. If you like friendly staff, do not go. When we bookked a trip that included a breakfast bag due to early traveling they forgot to prepare the bags. They could not have cared less. Overall it was not a pleasant experience and we will never go to this hotel again!"

• Travel date: Fri 6th of July 2007

Needs to upgrade service

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"We spent a week in IC Green Palace in Antalya at the beginning of September and would not necessarily recommend the place.

We went there as a big group (5 couple with all having kids and some bringing in au-pairs as well). We stayed at different types of accomodations through the holiday village and were able to compare different types.

Although living in London UK, we are originally from Turkey and have spent a lot of holidays in Turkey with the family. This was our first time in Lara Beach (east side of Antalya) and that was the first negative about the place. Lara was originally a swamp and has been restored to become a touristic place in the last 15 or so years. The sea quality is not as good as Kemer and Beldibi (west side of Antalya) or does not even compare to the Aegean coast.

Secondly, the majority of the clients were Russians and most of the entertainment and facilities were geared toward their taste. Sometimes it was hard to communicate.

Thirdly, service was not upto a high standard as one would expect from other resorts in Turkey like Rixos or Hillside.

Fourth point we had was the very long walk from the hotel to the beach. Structure of the hotel and its location within the complex made it a 10 minute walk with kids and under the 45 degree sun, it was not that pleasant.

Finally, the food quality was not upto high standard as one would expect from similar 5 star establisments in Turkey.

On the positive side, we had decided to pay some (in a way a lot) extra and rented the special villas with their own swimming pools. Kids loved it and made a good use of it. We understand that IC Green is one of the first in Turkey to implement that it was a nice touch for a big family with kids."

• Travel date: Wed 13th of September 2006

Utterly incredible value and a wonderful holiday.

Reviewed Mon 26th of November 2012

"I had always thought that these sort of all inclusive, activities planed holidays were for families with children, and indeed I have taken mine to this kind of hotel in Turkey and Australia and now Tunisia several times - having learnt the hard and very expensive way (including the cost of dragging a largely unappreciative nanny along too) that a holiday in the center of Florence and the wonderful restaurants of Tuscany are simply purgatory for the children and their response is thus a source of utter frustration to the adults. It always seemed a little absurd to head off for a beach resort as we live in MALTA, have a large swimming pool and are just four miles from the Mediterranean and there are some very nice beaches here. (ONES THE TOURISTS RARELY SEE BECAUSE YOU NEED A CAR TO GET TO THEM).

We stayed in the Green Palace coming down from Warsaw on Bluebird which flies out of Antalya. A perfectly agreeable airline with new planes and polite and eficient staff. We were a party of five - mysel with a dentist and a sugeon, his wife - a director of a large company - and their son. Not the easiest bunch to please in reallity. We all found the hotel pleasantly restrained, the international clientele well-behaved and unobtrusive, the staff generally very pleasant and attentive and extremely numerous - if a little amateurish at times. Sometimes I felt I had spent more time in hotels than they had. The place was full at the time but there was no pressure on any of their numerous facilities, they are well over specified.

The rooms were more than adequate and it may be a small thing to find that your mini-bar is restocked every day free of charge but not having to pay an absolutely exhorbitant price for a glass of water on a hot night means a lot to me. The beach is excellent and we never had any problem in finding sunbeds.

Everything was very comfortable and relaxed. The hotel animation team worked like beavers, producing a good deal of slapstick comedy which seems to amuse the Russians as much to the children at whom it is presumably aimed. I would be loath to sit throuigh it for a second week when they presumably repeat the formula. Anyone who has had the perseverance to wade thus far, and so presumably speaks English and comes from more Northern areas will be delighted to know that the place appears to be almost insect free.

Having taken care of the spiritual man, the physical must follow. The food was excellent, almost brilliant, particularly if Turkish food appeals to you. Unlike many other hotels of this sort they have not gone out to completely internationalise, but do what they do best. There was a staggering array of vegetables and salads and grilled meats and fresh baked breads and Turkish specialities. Too big a choice for many people who piled their plates to the brim with an ill-assorted variety of foods It was somewhat bemusing to see that the rather soggy looking chips were imensely popular, likewise the ersatz Europeanised sweets. The slightly less appealing, visually, Turkish sweet dishes struck us all as infinitely superior in flavour and honesty. If you want cream chocolate pastries and chips go to Belgium. Fish is not in great supply as I understabnd that the Anatolian coast has little shelf, it's very deep water where few fish live.

All the drink was fine, wine a bit cheap and cheerful, but appropriate to the food. Raki is probably the best spirit to drink. You know your on holiday when you start into things like that! I was at first horrified speculating as to what the results of all that free flow of alcohol might be. In this massive hotel and also last year in Tekirova I never saw any problem of drunkenness.

We took a long day up to Istambul which was wonderful - and very expensive - but that's another story.

So what gripes can I have to detract rom this glowing revue. I would very much like the hotel to have had a raft moored about two hundred meters off-shore as a swimmer's target (and a place on which to have a rest). It was a difficult to get fizzy water served at table if you want it. To me the strangest issue is with coffee, Turkey being so famous for it's coffee. It is possible to get Turkish coffee at some hours of the day, and if you are an affecianado of that drug you need to learn quickly which of the staff makes good coffee. The least inattention and lack of finness results in a poor, muddy and underflavoured beverage. The rest of the time it's Nescafe which in Turkey seems to have achieved a certain (unwarrented) cache. And a cup of the same in Antalya airport costs you $5!"

• Travel date: Mon 14th of August 2006

Fantastic

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"Fantastic Hotel, international clientele means Russian, German, Dutch, Belgiums in numbers. Pool areas fantastic, beach fantastic, grounds fantastic, rooms very good, restaurants excellent bars brilliant Food superb.

Warning if you are the type of person who eats McDonalds, Burger KIng, Spud u Like etc and cannot stand fresh food excellent shellfish salads bread that is not mothers pride or Tescos cheapest then do not go here. The lounge bar is great with all the drinks you could want including Red Label and Jack Daniels- no Bitter though so you have to make do with EFES pils. staff very good, Antalya is 25 kms away £2 in Dolmuss (every hour) great health centre with Turkish and Saunas (Free) and great massages beauty treatments available (costs extra) Staff extremely helpful (but remember they are trying to talk to many different guests) and with good English skills
Towels on beds by pools (do not get angry get up and put yours there) are the norm but loads of beds by pools and beach so not really a problem./ We enoyed it very much."

• Travel date: Sun 22nd of May 2005

Hotels near IC Hotels Green Palace

Top traveller tips for IC Hotels Green Palace

• It's all Wright by It's all Wright

"Experience everything it's all good. "

IC Hotels Green Palace is also called