Fakie

Reviewed Wed 7th of November 2012

"Nice entrance, but after that it really is a dissapointing experience. What they mean with design is less is more. But there is no 'more'. The food is really not that good. In fact not at all. Staff is terrible (slow, unexperienced, lazy). The beds are, well, you just can't say that a matrass on the floor is a bed. Even a Japanese can tell that! The beach 'club' has the most anoying music and that's the same for the so called cocktail hour dj. Man, so passé... Luckily the weather was great but if Hillside had a hand on the weather also it would probably rain."

• Travel date: Wed 28th of February 2007

Fantastic design hotel but drinks are expensive

Reviewed Wed 7th of November 2012

"I was amazed at the hotel when i first arrived in the large atrium. Our luggage was transported to our room very efficiently and our room was absolutely fab. We went half board and the food was excellent ( and im a very fussy!!). The pool is great and the sunbeds are actual beds!! You also get a bed on your balcony!!! There are numerous bars and restaurants along the beachfront, and geting to Antalya centre is fairly easy, although there is a steep walk to get to the tram station.

Antalya has many shops bars and restaurants (including McDonalds for those who wish to eat there). Also great marina with many bars nd reataurants with great views.

The design throughout the hotel is very modern and hip, which i really liked and which most people will like. The lighting in the rooms are very cool, and the rooms are extremely comfortable. Infact the entire hotel is very comfortable, with beds everywhere- in the lobby, poolside, on the balcony, on the beach.

Another great fact is that guests get free use of the adjacent water park, which is really good and means that you dont have to go for the whole day.

The only downside to the hotel was that the price of drinks were very expenive( especially in the rooms with prices in the hundreds for a drink).

Overall this is a fantastic hotel and i highly recommend it."

• Travel date: Mon 12th of February 2007

wow totally amazing

Reviewed Wed 31st of October 2012

"what a fantastic hotel ! wierd and wonderful, look at the photos on their website, they are all for real! Great rooms, great food with lots of food for veggies, special diets and everything. Super friendly service, SPOTLESSLY clean (has to be, its so white!), great amenities and great position right on the beach and beach park. highly recomended! would definately go back there !"

• Travel date: Thu 14th of December 2006

Wow!

Reviewed Thu 13th of December 2012

"We are a family of two adults and two small children. This place is just great!. During busy periods it can take a while to checkin but from then on its all good. Our room was fantastic...full view of the beach. Our only gripe is that the floor of the room is white washed concrete. Tiles/carpet, in another colour other than white, would have been better. The in-room lighting can be a bit head-ache producing. Our room card-key had to be replaced twice due it not working so we had to call reception to let us into our room. The breakfast and dinner buffets were brilliant. Food top quality and everything clean. Staff...A1...all were the friendliest and most courteous people we have ever met. Maybe, though, more baby high chairs are needed for the dining room. The little shop is a bit expensive. Great location, fantastic staff, wonderful variety of services available. Definately try the beauty spa!. One warning...the in-room minibar is waaaay too expensive. Loved our stay there though. Will definately return."

• Travel date: Wed 25th of October 2006

SOMETHING DIFFERENT

Reviewed Thu 13th of December 2012

"This "All White Design Hotel" is the perfect place for couples. Rooms were very comfortable/stylish & the bed on balcony was great for enjoying a drink at night. Cool Room/Balcony lighting could be either white, pink,red it's your choice & can be changed at anytime. Liked the live lounge & pool cam which means you can view what's going on in the hotel from your in-room Tv. Pool beds are also very very comfortable & are changed every day to ensure you always get a clean one. Loved the breakfasts so much choice & there is a chef on hand to make fresh omelettes,fried eggs etc. Food in all the restaurants was first class & not too expensive although if you eat out in surrounding area you can get cheaper meals. Recommend Mehmet 7 Restaurant right next door 4 mins walking distance & also Mellissa's Restaurant which is also nearby.Live DJ most nights in Lounge bar or Beach Bar which are also both very relaxing with comfortable beds to lounge about on. Didn't find the drinks too expensive for this class of hotel . One tip though you can't bring in food or drink from the outside as doorman will stop you & keep it until end of your stay, rooms are stocked with a Maxi Bar which is supposed to be used but like most mini bars in hotels it is expensive. I would make sure you take your favourite tipple with you hidden in your suitcase. Apart from that it is a fantastic hotel for a relaxing week in the sun."

• Travel date: Wed 11th of October 2006

Very good design hotel

Reviewed Tue 11th of December 2012

"Everywhere is white in thsi place. rooms pool inside the builing everthing excenpt the restaurant is white. It is ideal for couples and a short getaway. I have been there with my wife. If you are looking for entertainment as in Club Med this is not the palce for you then. I would recomend this place for 3-4 days for non children familys. It can be boring for young children.
Food is great desing is amazing and the beach is very good. If you are looking for a extraordinary hotel with SPA this is your place.."

• Travel date: Sun 8th of October 2006

Nice Hotel, place to relax, good service, shame about the spa staff

Reviewed Thu 25th of October 2012

"My girlfriend and I spent a week at the hotel and were both impressed with the efficient and friendly service, the novel idea of a hotel all in white and above all the trendy lounge and chill out atmosphere at the beach bar.

The rooms were of a high standard and regularly cleaned. The unique idea of an additional bed on each balcony allows guests to completely turn off and completely relax.

Hotel services were good although the buffet breakfast tends to get extremely full the later you arrive, in some cases so much that tables need to be shared.

Although the overall experience was a good one, we would not recommend the hotel as a result of an incident in the spa centre during which the Indonesian massage therapist preceeded to ask whether I would like her to come to my room for "special services" at a lower price than charged by the hotel. This is something that we definately didn't expect from a 5 star hotel. When we contacted guest relations to complain, they politely followed up with their staff and later tried to explain that there was a misunderstanding due to the level of english. This of course was not the case as the offer was clear to us both. After further pushing we received a 15% discount on the massage which did not make up for the upsetting experience. Furthermore, our initial complaint was largely intended to warn the hotel that this was going on in their facility. Unfortunately, not much attention was paid to this.

When hearing another guest complaining for being charged for a cup of coffee that should have been included in their full borad package, we were again shocked to see how hotel guest relations staff continued a discussion with the guest for over 30 minutes on which types of coffee were included rather than simply not charging. Carrying this discussion in full view of other guests again confirms our view that this hotel still has some way to go in order to reach the level of a five star hotel especially with regard to the experience and competancy of guest relations staff.

If you expect five star quality from the hotel and staff, then this is not the hotel for you."

• Travel date: Sat 2nd of September 2006

definetly perfect

Reviewed Sat 1st of December 2012

"Hillside su hotel is perfect in terms of the hotel design,rooms,pool area,sea,services,fitness center,spa etc..We stayed there for like 5 days and everything was so nice and romantic..All rooms have balcony and there are beds in balconies where you can sleep at night or have a rest after beach..There is also an acqua park and dolphin land next to the hoteI where you can have fun..We had ;) I can sure recommend it to everybody except people having small kids.."

• Travel date: Sun 16th of July 2006

Wow! this is honeymoon

Reviewed Tue 11th of December 2012

"This was the honeymoon I was dreaming about. Very sexy, very romantic! Not possible not to get impressed the moment you enter the lounge. Big disco balls hanging from the ceiling, a cool music, guests sipping their martinis on the big white sofas in the middle of the lounge. Reception is like a scene from Kubrick's Space Odyssey 2001; very futuristic.
Staff was very cool yet friendly, very helpful. After we booked, we sent a short e-mail to the hotel saying that it was our honeymoon, but definitely they exceeded our expectations. We were amazed to see that our room was decorated with the tea lights and roses everywhere! Yes, the furniture is very simple but you can find all the comfort you need. Mirrors everywhere, ambiance ligthing-our preference was red- bar full of snacks, drinks even personal care products, a big sofa in the balconey. We loved to fall asleep in the balconey watching the stars. The beach was stylish,the sea was very clean and pizzas at the beach restaurant were delicious. They have a sushi bar at the pool, very successful.The open buffet breakfast had everything, continental, diet,local tastes,fruit, fresh juice..one of the best I've seen. I will definetly go back and do recommend to everybody who look for a "special" destination. Especially for romantic honeymooners..."

• Travel date: Wed 23rd of November 2005

Best Holiday Ever!

Reviewed Sat 1st of December 2012

"While glancing through the brochures looking for this years summer holidays, the Hillside Su literally jumps out at you, looking fabulous with sleek, modern design and decoration a 12 - 15 storey atrium with huge glitter balls, a range of restaurants and bars, a breathtaking pool and great beach side location. This is probably one of the only hotels that I have ever been to that actual looks like is pictures in the brochures!

Check in was fast and efficient and the room was quite simply amazing. All in white with a large king size bed and ample seating area, large balcony with yet another bed, brilliant mood lighting a "Maxi Bar" (Two fridges packed with soft drinks alcohol, chocolate and water, as well as a further bar area with crisps, chocolates, full size bottles of Smirnoff vodka and bells whisky (Be warned you will pay a pretty penny for all this. The bathroom was likewise exceptionally nice with large shower and even a further "Bath Bar" with various cosmetics and toiletries in case you had forgotten anything. Can you believe the room even had a fish bowl with 2 gold fish?

The room overlooked the adjacent aqua park and Dolphinarium (Hillside Su guests get free entry to the Aqua Park. This will be noisy during the day, but what are you doing in your room between 9 & 5 when on holiday? If you go out on your balcony at night there is also a little bit of "ambient noise" from the beach side pubs, clubs and restaurants although this is immediately shut out when you close your balcony door.

The pool is beautiful has a large bar and two restaurants, and the iconic sun lounger come beds, and is surrounded by decking. The beach is pebbly but what wonderful pebbles, amazing colours, with again the sun lounger come beds and another bar. Every hour or so the staff come round with freebies for you such as melon, Turkish tea, ice drinks and even corn on the cob.

The location of the Hillside Su is good, located next to Antalya Beach Park, a long strip of trendy bars and restaurants. There is also the Mijas (I think) Shopping centre a five minute walk away with plenty of shops (including an English Pub) restaurants and a cinema.

There is no entertainment to speak of at the hotel apart from a DJ a couple of hours a night in the hotel lobby with the huge glitter balls a DJ down at the Beach Bar and a outdoor cinema, with free pop corn, that shows a recently released movie every other night.

This is my third visit to Turkey a by far the best holiday I have ever been on, although I was quite shocked at how expensive Turkey has become."

• Travel date: Wed 23rd of November 2005

Where do I start? Yes, I admit it all lo...

Reviewed Fri 30th of September 2005

"Where do I start? Yes, I admit it all looks very impressive when you first get here, like something out of 2001 a Space Odyssey, but scratch the surface just lightly and the hotels flaws will become all too apparent, and believe me there are quite a few!

The hotel is very dirty, why choose white as the theme colour if they cannot clean it properly. Our room has dirty cigarette burned floors. Scum in the shower that looks months old, holes in our sheets. The towels we were given on arrival were frayed and dirty, I personally would only have used them to clean the bathroom floor, never mind anything else! There are lots more negative points I could last, but hey life’s too short. I have stayed in cleaner budget hotels.

We have also had to change rooms. We paid extra for a sea view room which was a huge mistake as it also looked out onto 6 yes 6 lanes of constant noisy traffic, so it was hardly relaxing.

This hotel is no way a 5 star, I’d say a 3 or maybe pushing a 4 and is a huge disappointment. If you are thinking of staying here because it looks opulent with that extra special wow factor, then think again. I wish I’d have read some more reviews before booking. I feel so disappointed that it has reduced me to tears.

• Travel date: Fri 30th of September 2005

In August 2005, the biggest treat i anti...

Reviewed Sun 31st of July 2005

"In August 2005, the biggest treat i anticipated had finally come. Yes, the Hillside Su in Antalya, Turkey. It is by far, the most beautiful hotel I have ever stayed in. It may be blindingly white, but they've succeeded in making the best touches to ensure your stay is wonderful. We hardly left the hotel! I did not experience the same as the other reviewer, and I am shocked to find their experiences were bad. The hotel workers were fantastic - they were polite, served you immediately, and we did not encounter one problem throughout our stay!

The rooms are gorgeous, with an exquisite white bed in the balcony, perfect for gazing at the stars.

The Olympic sized pool is beautiful, clean, and in a relaxing environment. Waiters bring out complimentary taster food for everyone 4 times a day, including cheese bagels, iced melons, and iced mango smoothies.

The restaurants serve fantastic food, with a great mix of Turkish, Italian and Mediterranean food.

I don't wish to indulge in a long rambling session of praise, as i feel the pictures speak for themselves. Yes, it really is that wonderful! The excitement of the place doesn't wear off, you still find yourself oohing and aahing even after the second week!
Well recommended.