Club Hotel Sera

• evening entertainment
  • adult pool

Great hotel

Reviewed 5th May 2015

"After reading some of these reviews I thought " oh dear what have I booked" well let me tell you my thoughts .. Have just returned from 2 weeks at Sera Club and it was amazing .. The rooms are fantastic ,very clean , fresh, and very very high standard of decor, the restaurant also very very clean and well run . Food wise .. I can only conclude that other reviewers eat only at Michelin star restaurants I:e the ivy etc ( where I also have eaten ) because the fresh produce on offer daily .. Fruit, vegetables ,salads,fish and cheeses not to mention meats of all kinds were well presented ,fresh and extremely palatable ... Along side all this was local dishes of various kinds as well as international choices. all in all I would certainly enjoy going again .The Al a cart restaurants ( which you have to book) offered a fabulous menu to choose from , and it was not difficult to reserve a table .. Although some guests did bail at paying for drinks other than water ??? I am not sure why because you have to pay in for extras in any restaurant I have ever been to worldwide. Would I go again!!!! IN A HEARTBEAT The best holiday I have had in Turkey by far "

• Travel date: 1st May 2015

looks fantastic but its NOT

Reviewed 6th November 2012

"The food was awful. The service was awful. They have managed to source the worlds smallest plastic tumblers for drinks. They serve fresh orange on a trolley with breakfast then charge you for it. They serve wine by the bottle for dinner then charge you for it. The pools were not checked once for Ph or chlorine I know this because a pr there told me and apparentely its common in Lara Beach. They spoke very little English at reception, The entertainment was rubbish. On the beach Ha Ha Ha. A pile of sand dumped on a flat area of ground. The women ALWAYS got served first. There is nothing near the hotel in walking distance so you are stuck there. They charge you up to 12 Euros just to book the a la carte restaurants. They at least were less crowed than the outside bit where you had from 6.30 to 9 to grab something to eat and even less if it rains. Room was nice. The Germans loved it . British peole DONT GO THERE"

• Travel date: 4th November 2009

Club Hotel Sera: The plus and the minus

Reviewed 8th November 2012

"Came back from one week in June. Here is the low down from the American point of view from someone who has travelled all inclusives all over the world. IS THIS HOTEL WORTH IT? THE PLUSES In spite of the minuses, you might find this to be a decent value if u can get dbl room all inclusive for under $200, because southern turkey is not inexpensive. You will probably not need to eat out at another restaurant, and you probably will not get sick from the food. This last item is rather huge in a place like Turkey. However, that being said, there will be some things that will not be acceptable to most international travellers: THE MINUSES This hotel has some rather bizarre features for a place advertising itself as all inclusive an luxury. Be aware that your meals are all inclusive, yes. BUT in order to make a reservation at one of the other "ala carte" restaurants, you will be paying between 2Euro and 7 Euro per person for the RESERVATION. This is euros, not dollars, so the sea food restaurant might set u back another $20. As mentioned, the place has the odd habit of renting out the facilities that you are paying for in order for them to make a killing on the locals who use their facilities for weddings. So, for example, decided to pay the extra $20 (see above) for seafood restaurant for nice last evening dinner. Day after reserving it, was told the restaurant was closed (due to weddings on Friday and Saturday of my stay). Part B of the wedding issue is the noise. Turkish wedding receptions will go on till 1am or later and are accompanied by a disco with ultra loud bass booming into your hotel room. This proved unfortunate on the night before needing to wake for a 6am flight. Other interesting , but perhaps mor minor features: the restaurants will tell you that you cannot get the included local wine with your meal: that will set you back min of $35 a bottle. The local red and white is not bad: just tell them you want local wine and use the terms "guest services" several times. Witnessed this game mutiple times. Be aware that you will be surrounded by Russian speakers, since this is a package for Russian tourists. You will be surrounded by smokers in restaurants, pools and of course the bars. And I mean 50-75% of the people around you will be smoking starting at lunch. The staff generally speak more Russian than english, so this might be a bit off putting if you wish communication to happen efficiently. Ah yes, the one item that seems to be completely acceptable to Russian tourists, is the hotels habit (happened on 4 of 7 nights) to turn off the air condition for the entire building from around 1am till 8am. My room went up to around 26 celcius or nearly 80 degrees at night with high humidity, requiring a cold shower. Its not just your room that is effected, they shut down the entire central system. My complains actually resuted in my getting a table fan brought to my room, and i felt lucky to have received even that. There are some tennis and basketball courts but they dont own a basketball, and there is nothing in the way of water sports. The beach is typical gravel for this area, but as mentioned, at least there is direct access from the hotel. Yes there is free internet, but after a couple of hours trying for any decent speed from the wireless, you will probably give us trying to do much with it. Given the above you may still wish to stay at this hotel. I would suggest however that you forget the idea of all inclusives in this part of Turkey and go to a nice renovated old hotel with charachter in the old town part of Antalya for under 90 euro."

• Travel date: 30th June 2009

LOVELY HOTEL WITH A FEW NIGGLES

Reviewed 6th November 2012

"This hotel is beautifully situated at the very beginning of Lara Beach. The hotel's private beach is not very big but adequate and you are able to stroll along Lara beach for quite a bit unlike other hotels in this region where you cannot get through. We also enjoyed the shallow beach which was perfect for the children as it barely reached their waist. It was also much quieter than the main beach. We also enjoyed use of both the seawater pool with slides and the Antalya Bar pool both of which were extremely clean. The staff were very helpful and pleasant to deal with however, we were the only English residents and sometimes this was an issue with the staff understanding us but we managed to get by. We stayed in the main building which was beautiully decorated if a little OTT with quite a long walk every day through the complex to get to the main pool and beach. The food was adequate my advice would be to skip the restaurant in the hotel for breakfast as there is not much in the way of choice. Your best bet is to head for the pool bar of a morning it opens a little later but is definately better and even offers freshly cooked pancakes and omlettes etc. The Garden restaurant was okay if a little repetative and the staff are very eager to sell you extra wine with your meal as in the morning with fresh orange juice surely this should be included in with the all inclusive. We didn't try out the other restaurants having two small children under 8 we didn't feel it appropriate but there did seem plenty of choice. Our other slight problem was that the hotel hired out the ampitheatre and the pool bar to outside weddings leaving us the paying customer on these occasions with no real entertainment and also losing a few bars causing us all to congregate in one area. To the British customers reading this review you are to be warned there were no British staying in this hotel throughout our 11 day stay if this is an issue for you then I would choose another venue if not I would recommend you book here. To answer the previous reviewers who referred to this hotel as "bad" I would have to disagree yes there are parts that could be improved but overall my family came back relaxed refreshed and happy that's all you can ask for surely!!"

• Travel date: 14th June 2009

No frills Hotel...Literally!

Reviewed 17th November 2008

"This is not a 5 star hotel, it is very O.T.T with everything being gold plated and mirrors everywhere. The food is average, you wont starve due to the range of salads but the cooked food is boring with no real effort made & does not cater to the English taste. Breakfast was the same everyday and everything had a rubbery texture. The staff are fairly friendly although it can be hit and miss depending on what your asking for. A few times they were quite rude and obstructive, e.g booking the al a carte restaurants is hard work, you can only book up until a certain time and only in person at guest relations, however there wont be anyone at guest relations until after 4 O clock, being the cut off time and you cant book for the next day. The al a carte restaurants cost 4 euros as an addition to your all inclusive supplement and drinks were also charged as extra which you wont be told about until you leave. No one will bend over backwards to accomodate you so dont expect a lot & dont expect friendly customer service if you try to querey having to pay for something. They were very intimidating in their manner and we felt as though we were being ripped off at every turn. English is not commonly spoken it is predominantly German which means it is difficult to communicate over the most basic things. Everything is charged in euros so go prepared with euros in hand, as the hotels exchange rate is extortionate and you will have to change your money from pounds to Turkish Lira then into Euros which they profit quite handsomely on and this is before you have paid your bill! It seemed so wrong (being as they arent in the EU!!!) yet they offered no other solution....& if you want to get home bad enough you just pay and run! Which is what we did! There is nothing to do around the hotel, getting into Antalya by bus is easy if you know where to get off. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. "

• Travel date: 17th November 2008

OK hotel with good food

Reviewed 28th October 2012

"The hotel was good, really nice mainbuilding. But make sure you get a room in the new building. We're not aware of the difference but there is a part called Park hotel sera, they sold the room as a 5 star but it was more like a 2-3 star. Another family stayed at the new building and had a much better experience then us. We could say that we stayed at a 3 star hotel with the 5 star facilities."

• Travel date: 2nd October 2008

A very good and nice club

Reviewed 3rd December 2012

"We were there for a week in 16 to 24 Aug'08. Very nice and very clean resort. Very good maintained. Friendly personnel. The food is OK, but a little bit boring. The problem at this period that the dinner is served outside, in the garden restaurant. It is very hot (30 deg + ) and very humid there, so you feel almost like in Bangkok in August: hot and sticky. So, you only dream to finish it and come back to air conditioned lobby or your room. If you are with your young children (4-8 years), it is not an ideal place to be. The fresh water pools are too deep (1.4 m and more), the toddlers pools are too shallow (50 cm). The seawater pool is filled with not sea water but something much more salty. If you try to dive with open eyes, you'll need to rinse them with fresh water immediately, otherwise you'll be blind for 5 minutes. We visited in 3 of 4 site al a carte restaurants. You need to add 2 Euro for each grown-up. Mongolian was the best (food). Each one is incredibly serviced. All other services and facilities are just excellent. I would come back there again."

• Travel date: 31st August 2008

A Hotel that isnt perfect

Reviewed 25th October 2012

"This hotel isnt how it sounds to be.They said they would have a fitness room,which they didnt.There isnt really a convienient beach just a very deep part of the sea.Also a little part for kids which isnt to deep so thats ok for kids under the age of 8.I didnt really find the food to be 5 star it was all the same food.When you do an all enclusive it is much more expensive.I suggest you not to make that mistake.Breakfast is also the same.The food is very fresh and new but being the same does make you feel ill.There isnt really many varietys of food.There is a diet section for people on diets,Also a salad section.If you stay in the newer building it is much more luxery.The rooms are a very good size for a person on there own, or even a family.In the smaller building there is a hairdressers, where they do male and female.There is a big pool and a smaller pool.The big pool is much more shallow allover including 3 small slides, but is quite salty.However the smaller pool is shallow on one end and deeper on the other.It is not salty at all so wouldnt burn your eyes.Outside there is a artist, a henna artist, a photo place (where you can get photoshoots outside),and also a jewellers.I also wanted to spend my other week in another hotel but sadly know one got through to my family.Finally i wouldnt class this hotel as 5* at least in between 3 and a half and 4."

• Travel date: 22nd August 2007

Bad, really bad

Reviewed 8th November 2012

"Bad. Really bad. If they have claimed to have 1-2 stars, it would have been honest and anyone would have been happier. But to pay the price for 5 stars and get there and find those conditions..... I stayed in mountain chalet with larger rooms and cleaner rooms than that. The food would not kill anyone. You can eat it, but this doesn’t mean that you have to like it. The gardens are nice, with a lot of green and clasical music, but you have to ignore the landing airplanes that fly low altitude to land at the Antalya airport in the neighbourhood. The personnel had fake smile all the time, but they did not help you af any kind. If you ask somethign they just say ”yes” and dissapear. Then you have to ask another and another and maybe you get luky third time. We spent the new year's party there and we were absolutly shocked about the services. If you wanted to order something you could not find one available waiter because they were dancing. Maybe this is a nice custom for Turkey, but not for 5 star hotel. At 1 o’clock they start collecting all from the tables and clean the floor, with everybody there still partying ! They even informed the nice alive russian people that were singing and feeleng good at their tables that the party is over and they have to go. I am not pretentious of puffy type, I traveled in many countries accomodating from tent to 5 stars. But I think when you pay something and 5 stars of 1 m diameter are nailed on the wall of the hotel, maybe it is normal to be shocked by the big difference that you find inside. My final advice: Chosse Antalya, veeeeery nice holyday location , but DO NOT CHECK IN at Hotel Club Sera ! Happy trips to everyone, Razvan"

• Travel date: 8th January 2007

Better look for something else

Reviewed 15th November 2012

"If you are really looking for a 5-star hotel (according to its own rating - ---) this is a place to avoid. I have seen many hotels in Turkey and my conclusion is that the hotel's standard is below most of the 3-star hotels, and even below some hotels which are not even star-rated. I stayed there between December 29, 2006 - January 2, 2007, grace to the “sumptuous” 5-star all-inclusive offer by a Romanian travel agency, Ali Baba Tour (---). The first thing that one notices is the huge distance between the 5-star self-rating and the design/appearance of the hotel's interiors, which generally show a considerable lack of good taste. Refinement is not something that you will find in this Club Sera hotel. The only thing that really looks quite nice here is the garden, with palm-trees and narrow bush-alleys. Classical music in the garden was also nice. Even though I paid for a single 5-star room, I was given a bungalow, which I can hardly label "shabby" and "kitschy", because it would rather sound like a compliment. Let just say that it's exactly the room you would reasonably expect to be given in an old motel at the back of a gas station, in the middle of nowhere. If these people were highly responsible they would ask all customers whether they suffered from asthma (as I do), because, apart from the disappointment that any healthy individual is to experience here, the air in the room is likely to cause shortness of breath. I cannot write about the standard of the other rooms located in the (current) main building, as I have not seen any of those. Nonetheless, while complaining about the bungalows (yes, other friends of mine had the same luck), we were assured that “all rooms are the same standard”. If this statement was accurate, I can only feel sorry for all the hotel’s clients, whose expectations were certainly deceived. Let’s talk about the food. In case you intend to enjoy the delicious traditional Turkish food, again you are in the wrong place. You should rather go to small restaurant down-town, where you might find some delightful Turkish food. By the way, it takes about 25 minutes to get to the old center of Antalia (so count around 50-60 minutes both ways). I cannot say the food was horrible, it was just rudimentary, apart from maybe 2 dishes. You may prepare yourself something much better at home. If you stop your car at one of the self-service restaurants on the Turkish highways, you will have more gastronomic satisfaction. A great disappointment, considering the high quality of the genuine Turkish cuisine. A very amusing episode happened on the New Year’s Eve. We were announced that the event will start at 10 PM and finish at 2 AM. I was there at about 11.35 PM, almost all the seats were already taken, but some 3-4 waiters were not able to show me to a vacant seat, despite the fact that we paid in advance Euro 65 only for this event. I was sent to go myself and ask people around the tables whether there was any vacant seat left. Realizing the danger of the situation, I went out to call my friends, who were thinking that there was much time left till 2 AM.. Finally we were given some seats at about 12.50. Then – and that was incredible – we were told that there was not food left, because we arrived too late. And there were more than 65 minute till the announced end of the event. We could not believe our ears. We insisted and what we got was a small salad and the assurance that the “main dish” was to come in “10 minutes”. This of course never happened. Nonetheless, the next day a fiend of mine was drawn attention on the fact that it was prohibited to take out of the hotel the 2 apples that he had in his hands!!! In April 2007 the Club Sera Hotel will open a new compound, just 20 meters away, which will probably look much better. However, this is not a guarantee that the quality of the food/services will improve. Not to say they might also keep the current location. Adrian Neagu Ex-guest of room 803."

• Travel date: 3rd January 2007

Robbery!

Reviewed 3rd December 2012

"This is the worst hotel i have ever stayed in! They say it's a five stars hotel, but honestly i saw better conditions in two stars! The problems i met in only 4 days: 1. Horrible room! Small, dusty and cold! I stayed in here in December and i was incredibly cold. The air conditioner doesn't work properly. (I'm not even talking about the bad taste in decorating the room, that i could get over). 2. I complained about the cold in the room. They said there is nothing they could do (Is it ok to say this in a 5 stars hotel??) 3. I found a naps in my food. 4. I paid for the New Year's dinner. I arrived in the restaurant at 23.30 and they said that the dinner is over and that they can't bring me any food. After talking to the manager i finally recieved salad... A 65 euro salad, because that is all that they gave me. At 1 o'clock they pretty much sent all the clients away because the "dinner is finished". This is not the way clients are treated in 5 stars hotels. So please, save your money and your nervs and never go to this place!!"

• Travel date: 3rd January 2007

Beloved Kalkan

Reviewed 15th November 2012

"Such a beautiful and restful little village with a fantastic choice of retaurants and shops(plus a weekly market) The people are so kind and good humoured. The harbour is so very pretty. Take a car into the mountains above Kalkan to the little village of Bezirgan which has the temperature of a warm English summer after the heat of the coast.The hills around Kalkan have much beauty to offer. We stayed at the Club Serra-small rooms but fantastic service. We are returning for the third year in 2005 and that says it all."

• Travel date: 7th December 2004

Hotels near Club Hotel Sera

Top traveller tips for Club Hotel Sera

• by Frizzie1953

"get to know the area it has lots to offer and enjoy the luxury of sera club"

Club Hotel Sera is also called

• sera hotel antalya
  • club hotel sera antalya