Barut Lara

Guzeloba Mahallesi, Yasar Sobutay Bulvari, No:30, Antalya 07235 Turkey

Good

Perfect Hotel

"I stayed at this hotel in November 2006; although I am the UK I am currently living in Istanbul. I travel worldwide and I have to say this hotel is one of the best I have ever stayed in. Immaculate, best-trained hotel staff I have encountered, nice grounds, perfects pools and great beach. I am not easily pleased I like perfection; during my stay (3 nights) I could not find one single fault with this hotel. Food was good and plentiful and the Scandinavian design and quality of finish was refreshing. I stayed in a double deluxe room, with perfect sea view. Every hotel company should send their management to this hotel for a visit to see how a hotel should be run. The place was so friendly; I will go back again soon."

• Travel date: Thu 30th of November 2006

Second time around

"As previously reviewed by myself rover8006. We visited the hotel again in October 2006. Sometimes the second time around is never as good as the first. This is NOT true of this hotel. The facilities were just as good, as was the food. The staff were still as ammenable as our visit in april. The relaxed atmosphere is a credit to the hotel and staff. I was informed by a lovely girll Dilay at guest relations that the hotel was full but you would not be able to tell. We were all treated so well and i find it hard to think of any down sides at all. Give it a try. Definately 5 star. Photos already submitted from April 06."

• Travel date: Tue 31st of October 2006

Complete relaxation

"This 5 star resort is exactly that from arriving to leaving we were treated so well the food in all 5 restarants were very good and the variety even in the buffet was excellent This all inclusive hotel is such good value the drinks included national brands as well as local. The rooms are spotless modern with fridge video player t.v balconys nice size with table and chairs 3 very large clean swimming pools Turkish baths and (spa treatments these did cost extra but very reasonable) plenty to do on the beach if needed sunbeds cusions soft drinks and kayaks etc for the more active motorised sports were also available but as we went for a relaxing hol didnt sample anything more energetic than eating and drinking Enteretainment was available maybe a little amaturish but still very funny. you can have a peacefull or lively time here its up to you . Be sure to book the a la carte restarants when you arrive This is definately a hotel keen to impress and it does. Children are made welcome but if you are a couple the place so large there are lots of retreats . I cant praise the place enough."

• Travel date: Tue 10th of October 2006

Best All Inclusive Hotel Ever!!

"My husband and I stayed here 16th -30th September. We had researched all the other hotels in the area and taking advice from Trip advisor we decided to go with this one as there wasn't a bad review.

I didn't let myself expect too much from it as in the past even though we have taken advice from websites such as this we have still been disapointed when we have arrived at the hotel. I can't tell you how pleased we were when we arrived at the Barut Lara. The hotel is fantastic, very funky and comfortable. We booked a Deluxe room with sea view. The rooms are lovely very clean, modern and comfortable. We arrived at 10pm so we had missed dinner but we only had to wait until midnight as they have a buffet in the main restaurant 00:00-01:00.

The food and drink in this hotel is absoulutley without a doubt the nicest food I have ever eaten abroad. The main buffet restaurant is of a very high standard, it can feel very busy and hurried in there so try and get a table outside where possible as it's much more relaxed. The Akdeniz mediteranian restaurant is lovely, the service is fantastic very nice. The international restaurant is also very good and the manager is an absoulute sweetheart, he goes out of his way to make it a nice night for you and will always make a point of coming to chat to you whenever he see's you. The Turkish restaurant is also very good my tip for this restaurant is to ask to be seated on the veranda rather than the grass, you can't see what you are eating when they seat you on the grass!! I highly recomend the Clay oven lamb.
The BBQ restaurant in my opinion is a waste of time, we tried it one night and were really disapointed, we arrived and were told it's completley self service. You are given a BBQ which is ready to cook on and a bottle of wine but beyond that it's all up to you. I didn't find it that enjoyable compared to the other restaurants and it was really difficult to see if the food was cooked as it was so dark you couldn't see anything, we ended up burning everything and the meat was tough.
The drinks are good too, the lobby bar is open 24 hours a day, they have a cocktail menu which includes champagne cocktails, they are all freshly made and always served in glasses unlike most all inclusive hotels! My husband enjoyed their local beer Efes and they also had bottles of miller and becks.

We didn't bother with any of the evening shows as we went for dinner quite late and then just went to the bar. We also went to the night club a few times which was pretty good and the music was pretty good too!! The animation team can be a little bit annoying if you don't want to take part in the activities but if you tell them no enough they do leave you alone.

The reception staff in the Spa don't seem to have a clue what they are doing, we made an appointment for a Turkish bath for the next day, we had to change it about 3 times as the girl was very confused, we left got to our room and they phoned to say that they couldn't do that time after all and changed it again. I phoned them as I had been in the shower when they phoned to say that the time they had given us didn't suit and i was then given the time i asked for when we went in ther an hour before!! I also phoned to make anappointment for a pedicure one day when it rained and was just told no too busy and they put the phone down!!

We managed to keep our room on the last day, we only needed it until 6pm as we were being collected at 6.30pm and they charged us 60 Euro but it made life a lot easier. We booked through Thomson and our rep Alam was really nice and quite helpful.

The shopping mall down the road from the hotel is mostly designer stores and quite expensive but if you go next door to the Bazar you get all your replicas for graet prices. There is a parade of shops next to the petrol station, the prices are nearly double that of the prices in the Bazar. Always haggle in the shops and walk away to get the best price!

All in all what a fantastic hotel, we are definitley going to return next year i think anywhere else would be a disapointment now."

• Travel date: Wed 4th of October 2006

Best all inclusive holiday

"We chose this hotel after lots of time sifting through Tripadvisor and this one came out on top - and after returning today it still does for us. Definately a 5/5!

The hotel upgraded us free to a Junior Suite (we had booked a Deluxe room with Sea View). The rooms are just as shown on their web site and as you will see from our photo the views from our room was very nice.

We can not fault to food, drink or service. The a la carte restaurants are brill favouites being Akdeniz and the Turkish. We never bothered buying wine off their list as the house is pretty good. The Divan (buffet) always had fresh food whatever time you turned up and always plenty to choose from. Diet now ! Service was dependent on who you got but to be honest we never had any cause for complaint as the waiters seem to be there all day so they must get tired !!

The entertainment is worth a mention though as we have never bothered with this before and were really impressed with the shows they put on often external acts such as Turkish Dancers and Kenyan Acrobats. The entertainment teams do try very hard to get you involved so if you are like us and like to steer clear just keep a low profile !!

Dont miss out on the pier with the brillant bean bags - great during the day or at night.

Try to get to Antalya (courtesy bus is 5euros each and leaves at 11am) we didn't realise and did it ourselves by taxi. Also the ruins are great Perge and Aspendos well worth a visit if you get the chance.

All in all a brilliant holiday the bad things -
- I would agree with the last review regarding the late flight times and extending the rooms - we were told to ask on the day and then of course got knocked back - girls on reception seemed to be the most unhelpful - which is weird as all the other staff are great
- courtesy room is communal so is an interesting experience
- Cosmos - not impressed by them. The rep was based in Side and only came once/twice a week and our trips got cancelled the first week - luckily we were there for two so we got to go to the ruins.
- We were classed as Cosmos Monarch Elite which supposidly got you better service on the plane ! OK you get a free paper - not sure what else dont expect too much.

We had a great time and hope you do - see photos."

• Travel date: Sun 1st of October 2006

Very impressed!

"We stayed at the Barut lara beach for two weeks in Sept and all in all it is a very well run hotel. We had a sea view room which was excellant and included a minibar, tv cd player etc although they wouldn't supply an iron (they wanted us to use housekeeping and they charge per item).

Food - there is one main restaurant with 5 others and we found the Turkish and the Med to be the best (the seafood was poor - because we ate at 8.30pm we were the last sitting and got a very dodgy looking paella and they charged us £70 for sparkling wine - when we could have got it for free if we had asked). As per a previous review there was a bug going around which my husband caught so take some medication with you - although there is a chemist just down the road on the right. With regards to booking the restaurants there is normally a queue at guest relations but I found if you went around 10.30ish you didnt have to wait.

The bars are fantastic and do stock international spirits, miller genuine draft and becks. We had no problem getting a bed around the pool and the staff are so helpful with umbrellas and there is waiter service.

The entertainment team try really hard and in the main they do a fantastic job, but if you don't want to join in the pool games etc they can be a little annoying!

Because of the late flights if your agent offers an extended check out - take it when you book. We asked three times at reception only to be told on the day we were leaving that there were no rooms available. There is a courtesy room with a shower and towels.

The spa - the best thing to do is take out one of the packages and you can share the treatments with your partner, we didnt know this, so it ended up being pretty expensive. But the therapists are great and I recommend the turkish bath (although a lot of the treatments are with men and you have to be naked!!)

A part from a few gripes we really enjoyed our holiday and would recommend this hotel, particularly if you have children as the facilities were great."

• Travel date: Sun 24th of September 2006

A great hotel

"i have just come back from 2 weeks here - we had read the reviews beforehand so had high expectations but these were easily exceeded. The hotel is modern and well designed. The bedrooms are spacious and apart from all the usual features there is a DVD player (which was useful for keeping our baby entertained during the late afternoon). The swimming pools are large but no deeper than 140cm and there are water chutes etc. There are loads of other facilities that can be used - squash/tennis/table tennis etc. and you can borrow backgammon sets from the animation team. There are 5 restaurants that can be booked at least one day ahead (but these were all outdoor and we found the humidity high) - alternatively you can eat in the indoor air-conditioned restaurant which has a marvellous range of food. All inclusive is a great concept - the drinks were all of a proper brand (no dodgy local labels!). THE STAFF WERE INCREDIBLE - they weren't subservient, they were just friendly and helpful and always made a fuss of our baby - lovely people! Also there is a very good spa.
I do have some small criticisms...despite there being some 'entertainment' in the ampitheatre every evening, this was a bit hit-and-miss and although there is a nightclub onsite, there wasn't much to do in the evenings. Also I felt that the animation team programme was a bit repetitive and there wasn't a lot there for my 14 and 12 year old boys. That said they were happy doing there own thing in the pool etc. but the team could have prepared more - I have been other places where the animation teams were more interesting. Finally 3 of my family, and several of the people we knew had upset stomachs - nothing very serious - but lasting for several days. I am sure that it is do with the heat (100-110 degrees) and perhaps food more greasy than we were used to, but also there were a lot of flies flying around the restaurant which is a bit off-putting.
However, these issues certainly didn't change my perception of my holiday - I was so chilled out by the end of my fortnight that I felt like I had been away for a month! I would highly recommend this hotel - the friendly staff deserve success."

• Travel date: Mon 4th of September 2006

Excellent Hotel

"We have just returned from a 2 week stay at the Barut Lara resort. We cannot recommend this hotel highly enough. It lived up to its 5* reputation, everything was first class. We were upgraded to a junior suite on arrival, everywhere is spotlessly clean, staff extremely pleasant and always helpful. The setting of the hotel is fabulous, even though we stayed there in August and the hotel was fully booked, it didnt feel overcrowded. All the restaurants were superb, the food was amazing, with plenty of choice and variety. We had a fantastic stay and would highly recommend this hotel ."

• Travel date: Thu 31st of August 2006

Absolutely amazing!

"My husband and I have just returned from a one week stay at this fantastic hotel. We were eagerly anticipating this trip based upon the previous reviews we had read and we were not disapointed!

We stayed in a Junior Suite and it was definately worth paying a little bit more for the extras that we got. The room was huge with a separate bedroom area and living room area. It provided the extra space and really added to the luxury feel of the holiday. Other extras included a separte lounge area with internet access, free rental of CDs/DVDs and books and free room service.

The food and drinks were varied and accesible throughout the hotel and grounds. We ate at a different Al a Carte restaurant each night, and despite the hotel being fully booked at the time, we were able to get a reservation by booking either on the day or a day or two in advance. Particular favourites were the seafood and Mediterraean restaurants. The beach BBQ was also great as you were provided with your own BBq at the table and you could choose to cook whatever you wanted to eat. If like me, you have a sweet tooth, then visit the patesserie in the afternoon. They have the most delicious selection of cakes and biscuits!

The hotel shuttle bus service into Antalya was good value for money for five euros per person, and provided us with the chance to see some of the city and do some shopping - be perpared to haggle!!!

The hotel was incredibly clean and we would would regularly see staff cleaning thougout the day and night. This includes the pool and beach areas. These area were perfect for spending time relaxing and soaking up the beautiful Turkish sunshine. The pools all have bars nearby and there is also a small one one the beach. The indoor spa pool is a particularly nice place to spend some time if you want to avoid the midday heat.

All in all, we have had brilliant holiday. The staff here are all very friendly and helpful and if you are looking for a holiday in luxurious surrounds then I would highly reccomend the Barut Lara Resort and Spa."

• Travel date: Mon 14th of August 2006

can't wait to go back next year!!

"This was our second time to antalya, the first time we stayed in the lara beach hotel, this time we chose the lara beach resort and spa! It was absolutely fantastic and we would throughly recommend it! In total there was 11 of us who went and there was something for everyone. there was nothing to fault in the main restaurant there was loads of choice for everyone. There was 2 a la carte restaurants which was brilliant. Through the day there was loads of places to eat and get snacks- the pool bar, beach bar, main restaurant or you could get jacket potatoes and kreps. The pool areas were fantastic but you had to get up around 7.30 to get a sunbed because of the Germans and russians. You could make the holiday what you wanted either lively or relaxing. The animation were fantastic especially leo, bobo, sedat and erhan! The nightclub was very good always loads of people in there and was enjoyable and played up to date music. The all inclusive package is really good as its 24 hour all inclusive and you can get international drinks but you have to ask for then e.g. smirnoff and sprite
The rooms- we got upgraded for free to a junior suite which was lovely the maids did an exceelent job of keeping it clean and tidy!! We will definately be returning next year and would recommend this hotel to anyone"

• Travel date: Sat 12th of August 2006

The Best!

"This hotel is great, went there early in 2012. the staff are so friendly and helpful, nothing seems to much trouble for them. The rooms are lovely light and airy and so clean you could eat your dinner off the floor [if you wanted to!]. The view from our room was lovely, it was nice to watch the sun drop down behind the mountains in the evening. The food was fantastic and the choice seemed endless. The grounds and beach were all beautifully kept. There was a little coffee shop in the hotel and it was a treat to pop in there each day to try some of there vast range of cakes. We went there for a relaxing holiday and that was what we got, but I did notice that the hotel put on plenty of activites. I can honestly say that there wasn't one thing about this hotel that I disliked, so much so we are going there again on the 16th april this year and can't wait to get there and relax. I highly recommend this hotel it really is one of the Best!"

• Travel date: Thu 11th of April 2013

Practically Perfectly in everyway

"The only hotel i would ever consider going back to. A la carte everynight if you so wish but the main restaurant was excellent so much choice and variation the kids loved it we stayed near the quiet pool but no trouble for sun loungers so we moved from pool to pool to the beach. Kids club good but the slides kept the kids entertained all day. No real kids entertainment after 9.30 but the nightclub is ther for a bit of a dance. Only complaint was the evening meals were 7,30 to 9.30 so we missed the kids entertainmemnt most nights.

We paid over £3,000 for a week two adults and two children but it was worth it"

• Travel date: Tue 12th of July 2011

Hotels near Barut Lara

Stayed at Barut Lara? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Barut Lara

• Sweet Synergy by Sweet Synergy

"take mosquito repellent and creams and get the right sun cream so as not to get prickly heat "

Barut Lara is also called