About Palm Wings Beach Resort

• adult pool
  • water park

Good
Good

Really bad hotel currently here do not book

Reviewed Wed 16th of November 2016

"This is a terrible run down hotel with rude staff I am currently staying and can't wait to go home I have visited turkey 3 times this year nd love it but to say the least you are better off staying at home the food is inedible and the deserts are frozen well have been the last 3 nights there is no entertainment and nothing for my son to do. "

• Travel date: Tue 25th of October 2016

Not the best...

Reviewed Wed 6th of February 2013

"Our stay at Palm Wings wasn't great. I stayed for a week with my Mum and as a 10 year old I love entertainment but there wasn't any at this hotel and when there was entertainment is was for 3 year olds. I would'nt recommend this hotel at all unless you have a younger child. No daytime activities and staff were not always friendly but you don't really need to worry about them.Very hot in summer and I got sun burn and sickness from only 1 day out. Food was good yet I reccomend you bring moscito spray as flys and ants are everywere. Some rooms were way away from any pool but if you did find a pool they were very nice with different sections and slides. Golf buggys were very helpful but overall it wasn't a 5* stay."

• Travel date: Mon 4th of February 2013

Palm Wings coz u need them to get around the place!!

Reviewed Thu 7th of June 2012

"we just arrived back from Palm wings,June 5th. I`m no where near fussy but when it came to the food and drink here it was an absolute shambles,the service was the same.
The surrounding areas of the resort were run down and whilst we ventured out to find other bars we were met by packs of big dogs roaming the streets and they were everywhere.
We paid extra for a sea view bungalow which was clean and tidy but no where near 5* which was also a long winded amount of steps to the beach.
All we could hear from holiday makers whilst we was there was alot of complaining about alot of different things, i`m dissapointed with the place after spending alot of money to go there,the only positive i would mention is that it has a nice pool and the thompson kids club was brill, i wouldn`t go back and definately would not recomend to anybody. "

• Travel date: Thu 7th of June 2012

would not consider this a 5*

Reviewed Fri 28th of October 2011

"just returned after a two week stay in palm wings, very disapointed in a number of things. booked this for 17 of us, read reviews and was impressed also said it was 5*. Not a chance, hotel was lovely and clean, rooms not comfortable but again were very clean. first impressions were good however after a couple of days it was clear this is more 3* than 5. food was cold, no variety, repetative and boring. hotel not for those with a mobility issue as there are constant steps to climb no matter wat part of the complex you are going to, swimming pool wsa lovely to look at but no one could get in it as it was like ice. alcohol drinks were awful, the only people who benefited were those drinking the vodka, this was no use to my group. ended up going out to eat and drink. entertainment at night was poor, it was in the ampitheatre which was a 5 min walk 2 the bar up lots of steps and freezing. sweather was fantastic and the kids entertainment / activities in the day wdere good. adult activities were poor as the male entettainment team were too busy chatting all the english girls up n therefore hardly any games went ahead.; we managed to entertain ourselves watching this overall very disapointed."

• Travel date: Thu 27th of October 2011

brilliant holiday

Reviewed Mon 12th of September 2011

"We had a marvellous holiday in Palm Wings Beach resort. We found the place exceptionally clean, maids cleaning your rooms everyday, staff worked really hard and were friendly for such a large complex, well maintained grounds and a nice beach area which we were a bit concerned reading the reviews before we went, as it said there were many steps to negotiate to get to the beach, but there was no need to worry as you could walk from the complex to the beach quite easily with pushchairs or wheelchairs via a sloping ramp. Food was well presented and had something for everyone, the children couldn't wait for mid afternoon ice creams and five o clock cakes which were really good."

• Travel date: Sat 10th of September 2011

very disappointed

Reviewed Tue 16th of August 2011

"Myself and family (10) were very disappointed in this hotel we were not told at the time of booking that you have to walk down approx 83 steps to get to the beach worse coming up! definately not suitable for the elderly, people with young babies in pushchairs or people with dissabilities.The drinks tasted like they were watered down especially the spirits and served in awful plastic cups. Food okay but not great lots of salads very much the same every day. The staff were very helpful and friendly but the so called entertainment was rubbish. not at all impressed. We spent 3 nights going into the local village for our entertainment and drinks which defeats the object going 'all inclusive' the would recommend this place for families with young children under ten.

• Travel date: Thu 11th of August 2011

Great hotel.

Reviewed Fri 3rd of June 2011

"My wife and I have just returned from this hotel. This was the 1st time we have been All Inclusive and it was fantastic for a week. The hotel is well presented, clean and safe. The food was very good with a great selection. Altinkum itself seems to be going downhill and with a new breed of good quality AI hotels around it they need to invest if they want to take them on. The free bar closes at 11pm and the prices are expensive if you want to drink after that, or go into town for later night life."

• Travel date: Thu 2nd of June 2011

Totally Fabulous

Reviewed Tue 5th of April 2011

"This hotel is absolutely fabulous in every way. Apartments are all air conditioned and very spacious and immaculately clean, maid service each day. there are No Hidden Extras and they even provide beach/pool towels, clean every day. the food is also plentiful and also faultless, hot, wide selection, delicious every day in its entirety and served until midnight in one form or another. Drinks also excellent, never a single problem and the staff all were very friendly. We stayed here at the end of the summer season in 2009 and the entertainment in the evenings was a bit boring but the town was a short walk away only, no hills and was very lively, loads of bars and shops and large with a selection of allsorts there. I really could not recommend this hotel enough, the staff were So Thoughtful and considerate....once you have paid your price you really don't need to pay for anything whilst you're there. Free TV, Free A/C. Well worth every penny spent. Oh and the weather fabulous. the small beach was adequate and close by, private to the hotel with a wooden jetty available for those who hate sand. Pool large and very entertaining for the kids with flumes also.
All in all Absolutely Marvellous. No Rip Offs!"

• Travel date: Sun 3rd of April 2011

holiday

Reviewed Thu 16th of December 2010

"good holiday lovely hotel good food and a nice pool area i was there for a week in october with sunwings"

• Travel date: Fri 10th of December 2010

Lovel Clean Hotel, Brilliant Pool and Beach

Reviewed Thu 25th of June 2009

"We got back from Palm Wings 14th June 2009. (Two couples aged between 24 and 36) After booking with Sun Wings, who I would recommend to everyone.
We did experience a rocky flight with Onur air though!

The resort is clean, tidy, well maintained and the pool is brilliant. You even get a towel card to have a clean towel for the pool/beach each day. Which I think was a great idea! Sun beds are comfy mattress ones also.

Rooms are great with free air con, security box and bottled water left for you each day. Cleaned everyday.

The beach and jetty are really lovely, and completely private, a security guard keeps constant watch of it to ensure no one enters.

The entertainment was not fantastic but ok. The entertainment staff during the day make a huge effort to talk to you and get you involved! During the evening we saw many a comedy show advertised but to be honest we didnt watch them after the first one we saw!

There is not a huge choice of 'all inclusive' alcoholic drinks - namely effs beer, vodka, wine, gin, raki and maybe two or three others.

I would say be careful how much you pay for your drinks in the nightclub on the beach, I think the barman makes this up as he goes, so get hold of the menu and make sure you dont pay over the odds!! (This is after 12pm when all inclusive ends!)

Altinkum itself was really nice, and much more commercial then I thought. Recommend Linekars bar for a good night especially Turkish night. Its only about a 10 min walk away and Im sure they will pick you up if you ask! We did.

Would recommend to all, there are not many hotels I would say I would go back to but I would this one. Well worth the money we paid!"

• Travel date: Thu 25th of June 2009

Got what we paid for !

Reviewed Wed 12th of December 2012

"We stayed between 21st July and 3 August 2008.

Our group consisted of my wife, 3 & 5 year old boys and myself.

Location: Very tired, rundown and in need of some TLC.

Accomodation: We had a family villa which was very spacious and of a good Turkish standard. There were a few problems like the shower leaked causing the floor ro become slippry, you had to be in excess of 6' tall if you want your feet to touch the floor when sat on the toilet and excess of 6'5 if you want to reach the towel rail, but this was not really a problem. The sprinklers outside tended to come on just when you were leaving the villa at meal times, but again this was not too much of a problem.
The hotel wifi did work in our room, the airconditioning was excellent, the safe was a good size and the flat screen tv and satellite worked.

Catering: Excellent choice of sald and bread. The main meals were always cold and were recycled which in my opinion is what caused my family to suffer severe sickness and diarrohea. My 3 year old even had to be hospitalised as a result of his sickness. There is very little choice if you are vegetarian.
The selection of beverages was poor. There was no sugar free drinks and only one bar occasionaly had diet cola. The only spirits were vodka, gin or raki. There was beer at each bar and red wine at some of the bars. If you purchased a different drink the prices were extorsionate. 13 ytl for a malibu and 4 ytl for a small glass of fresh orange.

Pool: There are two pools.One childs pool at about 12" deep and the main pool which was 1.5 m deep all round. The pools were good but extremely slippery around the edges. There are three water slides. Red, yellow and blue. The red slide was good fun, the blue slide was rough on the inside and the yelow slide was out of order.
Sun beds, umbrellas and little tables were plentiful although you did have to save then by about 0830 if you wanted one by the childs pool.

Spa.The spar was good but very expensive in relation to Turkish prices. I did have a Turkish bath and oil massage which excellent. I paid £32. In Altinkum the same treatment was £15.

Staff: The animation team were hard working but it was what I would expect at Butlins not a 5 star resort. the barstaff, guest relations and management were unhelpful and rude in my opinion.

Beach: Ok but no watersports as advertised.

Disco: Opened on our last night but they charge you £10 entry !

Cleaniness: Very clean and tidy.

Conclusion: Overall I would rate the hotel as 3star if I compared it to other Turkish hotels that I have stayed in. If there was a change of management and catering staff the hotel would improve massively. I did not like the area much so would probably not visit again. I think that the £2100 we paid was a fair price and would not have wanted to pay too much more as it would not be worth it."

• Travel date: Sun 10th of August 2008

The best holiday

Reviewed Thu 25th of October 2012

"Firstly I would like to say how stunned I am at some of the negative feedback i have read about this resort. I am extremely well travelled and I can honestly say there are not many places I would return to (because there are so many in the world to see) but I would return here with no hesitation.

I travelled with a friend and our 2 daughters and we booked a family room in the chalets rather than the hotel. The hotel was finished but opposite the conference centre which wasn't, but having said that we didn't see or hear any building or construction work going on at all.
the hotel is a little off the beaten track and the furthest point away from all the facilities so would recommend the chalets/bungalows/whatever they are called!

We arrived and checked in, no problems there, very quick and efficient, then we were taken to our chalet by a little golf buggy type of thing. The room was beautiful, clean, new, fully tiled, air conditioned, roomy and had sky TV and a flat screen TV. Lots of storage space, safe, balcony and lockable patio doors.

the whole resort is new, roomy, clean and well signposted. We always saw gardeners/maids/staff wandering around working and doing things. The resort is walled all around and has security patrolling 24/7 and on the private beach too.

the pictures we saw on the website do not do this resort justice. The pool area is massive and the 3 waterslides were much bigger than they appear. Again, it is all very clean and well maintained, but the downside is that whatever time you come down in the morning there are towels draped over all the beds (which drives me mad) Having said that, the resort wasn't full to capacity probably because it is new and only been open a month.
The staff are all great, very friendly and have water games going on every day which take place in a small area of the pool. There is music playing all day, it starts at 10am and is a funky mixture of Turkish and English, not too loud and gets you singing away to yourself.

The food is fabulous, a massive spread of all sorts, a mixture of Turkish and English, hot and cold, and a real variety every day. About 5 different soft drinks as well as water were freely available to help yourself from all bars and the restaurant areas.

On our first night after showering we had a leak from the shower and it flooded the floor. We called reception about it and they were there within 5 minutes to fix it and it was fine after that.

As it's all new there they are not that clued up on how to market various things. They have photographers there that take pictures of you, they take loads and they are fabulous pictures but they only take cash not cards (£4 per picture)
there are great trips to go on, but you need to ask them they are not promoted and we had a couple of great boat trips that we booked through Michelle who works there in the spa (English girl) and her friend Leon.

Going into the town, it is a bit like Benidorm with lots of English bars, restaurants etc, the palm wings resort is a world apart from there.

Whilst there I got conjunctivitis, so went to see the onsite doctor ( not included in the AI package) The nurse called him and he was there within 10 mins to examine my eye. The examination was £30, I went to get the money and by the time i got back to him the pharmacist was already there with my drops and cream ( charged about £5 for that) Very efficient.

In short, we had a fantastic holiday there, nothing was too much trouble, we felt very welcome and I would recommend it highly. In fact, some family members will be booking later this year based on our feedback!!
Please do email me if you have any questions, I thoroughly recommend this resort and will certainly go back again."

• Travel date: Fri 8th of August 2008

Hotels near Palm Wings Beach Resort

Top traveller tips for Palm Wings Beach Resort

• hannahrelf by hannahrelf

"Apollon is worth a look, go on the dolmus its about 70p each ! "

• grokies by grokies

"more green mats needed around the pool areas as it was very slippy "

• jc by jc

"tak plaenty of spending money "

• cpopey122 by cpopey122

"try the turkish bath and message "

• holidayfreak123 by holidayfreak123

"Any old castles and ruins are great in Turkey "

• Lorraine newcastle by Lorraine newcastle

"Better chefs put on entertainment nd clean the place get new staff who aren't rude "

Palm Wings Beach Resort is also called