Well done Mutlu

Reviewed Thu 27th of June 2013

"Second time we have been to Mutlu last year in September then we went back in May this year (2013) rooms are basic but what do you want from them, yes maids do come to clean late and I have been caught twice in shower lol but they are good about it we had clean sheets twice and towels every other day ,room was swept and mopped so it was as clean as what I would expect . Bar staff where helpful and work long hours entertainment a bit stale (we have been going to Altinkum for 20 years so seen it all ) hyper hyper still goes on but not as good as it used to be in the old Royal bar with Denis dancing .Location is brill as short walk to beach, pool is shaded on right side till noon we had room 504 last year and 317 in May both round back so bit quieter apart from dog barking at hotel opposite .Food was ok as a lunchtime snack or breakfast but pay your bill every night as you could get a nasty shock if you let it build up .We are hoping to go back in September if we can so anyone going have a good time and tell Alex (the big softie) Mummy said hello .Ladies if you need hairdresser just a few doors up the street on same side its a corner place done out in red and you go down the steps all male hairdressers and includes a head massage what more could you want , I will never trust having my hair done in England again as had a disaster in February but they sorted it out for me giving me a well needed cut massage blow dry hmmmmmmmm can still feel it now .ENJOY xx"

• Travel date: Fri 21st of June 2013

Avoid this Place!

Reviewed Thu 2nd of September 2010

"I will list the problems we found with this place just last week (august 2010)

rude reception staff (in fact downright rude)

extras added onto bar bills/entertainment bills. One man from london had a blazing row with the head bar maid (she had as much personality as adolph hitler) over being double-charged for his bar bill. I had an extra few drinks inserted onto mine and i argued with them and didn't use their facilities again. they put it down to a clerical error!

male staff acting like performing seals even with young girls of school-age and i mean young girls, depite their parents just watching it all.

you have to fork out an extra 40gbp for a week's airconditioning for one unit that covers the whole apartment

towels replaced only once in a week and only after I complained

bed linen not changed at all despite me complaining

cleaners coming in at 7pm to clean when you are showering and using this as an excuse to head off, never to return

floors not swept once let alone washed and still cleaner left her tip box for a donation. For the first time ever, i didn't leave the cleaner any tip, usually I do

toilet rolls never replaced so we had to buy-in our own

furniture in apartment ancient and needing replaced

only english tv channels were bbc parliament and aljazeera news

airconditioning continually cut off

double bed took up 75% of the floorspace, the bedroom was so small

sealer round shower and wc needing replaced urgently

shower curtain should be burned immediately

very young children running around corridor at 3am

menu at bar caters for lovers of hamburgers, english breakfasts and chips, chips and more chips (don't forget the hp sauce and heinz tomato sauce of course)

bar prices extortionate

soft drinks dispensed from cheap 2 litre bottles

pool is tiny and not clean

the towel brigade get their towels on the limited benches by 6am so finding a space not easy

pool doesn't get the sun all day

entertainment nights included a circus where a small rabbit and a dove were rather harshly treated. Also some of the acts come round with the begging bowl after their act even although you have forked out money to see them perform

child of staff member has a pet rabbit that runs about the place. Just a matter of time before it gets run over or runs to the pool

some scottish girl is in charge of the entertainment and has as much charm as a brick. Some kid asked her if the items on the buffet were spring-rolls and got a somewhat sarcastic response saying they were traditional Turkish cheese roll things. Very smug person

drinks are served in glass containers all around the pool and hardly any tables there so a matter of time before there's a smashed one and someone getting hurt.

staff, particularly the males, try to befriend you and get on first name terms so they can help you at the end with lugguage thus qualifying for that all important tip - to be honest this entire place is just a money-making enterprise - everything from the pool table to internet access all cost extra and that all adds up at the end of the day.

the bar across the road was getting a lot of mutlu residents defecting to them

after only 2 days i only slept in the place and used the pool every now and then.

avoid this place."

• Travel date: Sat 28th of August 2010

Not Bad

Reviewed Wed 11th of August 2010

"We have stayed in these apartments for 11 years, over the years the place went down hill and then they done all the work and i loved the place...We stayed here in July this year 2010....I have to say i did get off to a bad start with Ugur the manager but thankfully we worked together and got things sorted out and he was very helpful, putting me in the right room as i am disabled...But this year the noise from the hotel was awful, the staff seemed to put the music on at all hours when they felt like it, one night the music started at 3pm, another night they would not turn the music down which i really complained about, we were on the 3rd floor so god help anyone below us...I had a word with Ugur the next day as i was so angry he did speak to the staff that had done this, then i found out the boys that were doing this were the owner's son's...So what chance did the manager have to control these ignorant blokes....I love the mutlu the staff are very friendly and the manager did his best, but the owner has to make changes or he will loose custum...you cant run a holiday place like this bring back the security guard and bring back more cleaners!!!!!"

• Travel date: Tue 10th of August 2010

Adequate and functional

Reviewed Tue 11th of August 2009

"Don't get me wrong, I am not one to moan for the sake of it, and all in all the Mutlu was perfectly adequate for our requirements and for the money we paid. I just thought I would write a few notes in the hope that people will be careful that they don't pay over the odds to stay here. We paid £330 each for 2 weeks self catering (including the flights), and like I say, for the money, it was fine, but there were a few others staying there that paid quite a lot more than this, if I had been one of them I wouldn't have been very happy.

We didn't actually use the pool at all during our stay, we found a much better one about half a mile up the road. The main problem with the pool is that it's in shade until about midday. Apart from that, it is not all that big and seems very crammed in to a small space, which is surrounded by tall buildings and has the main road not far away.

After the first loo roll ran out, we were intrigued as to why it was not replaced. It was only then that we noticed the fresh ones in the shop downstairs, we stood in protest though and just nicked our supplies from the loos downstairs.

The rooms were kept reasonably clean, except we did go 4 days at one point without a change of towels. The room however was perfectly adequate for sleeping in and having a shower (I am still convinced that the bed throw was in fact a shower curtain). Some days, we had a knock at the door at about 7.30pm just as we were getting ready to go out and there was the maid asking for our rubbish. Hello???

Thought it was quite funny that there was an envelope left in our room on the last day with the word "tip" emblazoned on it. We probably would have left a few quid, had it not been requested, so shoved some loo roll in there instead.

Can't comment on the food as we didn't eat there but the food generally was very good. Oh, the pool tables are good and I should imagine that this hotel is by far not the worst in the area, I didn't see any that looked as though they had 5*s around there!!

I don't think we would endeavour to return, however, if the price was right, it would do for a last minute job.

• Travel date: Mon 10th of August 2009

Fun in the sun

Reviewed Mon 20th of July 2009

"Good location,5 mins away from the bars,resturants and shop's.Hotel it's self is clean and the rooms were a decent size,clean towels and sheet's every 2days.It has a decent sized pool plenty sun-beds but they are abit close to eachother.Food and drink were ok price wise,even the a la carte menu was reasonably priced enjoyed all the meals we had and plenty of choice.Most of the staff are lovely,1 or 2 where abit cheeky at times but i suppose that's just different characthers and personalities.Was suprised to hear from other guest's that you had to pay for toilet paper once you used the one in your room but i got one 'free' from the maid.Air-con is a must but it's £5 sterling per day and safety deposit box cost £10 sterling for the week.We had abit of a problem when we checked out they said we had an outstanding bar bill but we explained that everytime we bought drinks,snacks or from the resturant we always paid cash they were ok with this once we saw the bill the barman knew the drinks that were on the bill was not something we would have ordered so the problem got sorted.Only a 2min walk to the bus stop so that was handy for the saturday market"

• Travel date: Fri 17th of July 2009

I have just read a review that gave the...

Reviewed Sun 14th of September 2008

"I have just read a review that gave the Mutlu 1/10, I dont know where this person was holidaying but it definately wasn't the same place as I stayed!!!
Yes the Mutlu is basic accommodation but I found it to be clean and the maids were in on a daily basis.
The staff were, yes very young but they were polite and I enjoyed chatting to Morris in an evening (his english wasn't so good, but he was learning)
As for rats round the pool??????
The food in the Mutlu restaurant was on a par with any of the others in Altinkum and was good value for money.
All in all my husband and myself had a really good relaxing holiday here and would book to go again."

• Travel date: Sun 14th of September 2008

I thought that the mutlu hotel was absol...

Reviewed Mon 8th of September 2008

"I thought that the mutlu hotel was absolute rubbish! I found the staff quite rude and thought of them as pedophiles as mustafa was a sexual predator on my 15 year old daughter and tryed to rape her. Hakan was abusive towards my daughters friend after she refused to kiss him! I was shocked that the staff would try to be so nasty and vile towards young girls trying to force them to do sexual things. I was not please at all when we left. The rooms were not clean, the maids hardly came to clean them as we had to go to the reception to get clean towels. The lobby looked really up to standards but when you got to your room it was a different story even when we were outside sitting at the pool we saw a rat shuffling along the side of the walll on the left of us. The whole hotel was just not up to standards especially the staff and the hygiene of the place!"

• Travel date: Mon 8th of September 2008

as a matter of fact i found this hotel r...

Reviewed Wed 16th of July 2008

"as a matter of fact i found this hotel rather good.staff were quality especially hakan.rooms were ok but the rest was rather nice"

• Travel date: Wed 16th of July 2008

Absolutely brilliant place to stay.........

Reviewed Sun 6th of July 2008

"Absolutely brilliant place to stay............basic rooms but it provides everything you will need to enjoy ur stay in Altinkum. Its got a central location minutes from the beach and the shops and provides a huge pool and plenty of fun entertainment.

Have to add after being to Turkey a few times ive never met a better group of staff before than the guys at the Mutlu. The waiters are all fantastic you couldnt be made to feel more welcome and would definetly go back because they made my holiday fantastic................its a must stay apartment ."

• Travel date: Sun 6th of July 2008

This hotel is very central, beach is onl...

Reviewed Thu 1st of March 2007

"This hotel is very central, beach is only minutes away and the shops are close.

Some very nice restaurants close by - check out valentines on the main street, it’s delicious.

The hotel is quite big, the pool is great, you don't get sun on it all day though and you have to keep swapping sun beds, but with the beach so close it really doesn't matter.

The garden bar is really nice; they have a pool table in the bar and music playing. Don't miss the Turkish night if you like to watch a bit of local entertainment, it was very good.

The only downside of this hotel only appears if the electric goes off!

One lady got stuck in the lift but they got her out pretty quick, but the worse thing is the generator kicks in and if you happen to be on the same side as it in the hotel, you will struggle to sleep as it’s really loud.

The rooms look really nice on first glance but you soon start to notice little things that need fixing but what we told reception about got fixed really quickly.

We had a really good bargain when we booked this and were pleasantly surprised that the staff and hotel owner were very friendly, you don't always get that.

The food in the garden bar is really nice and good prices too and the beer is nice too which helps!

I would recommend this hotel to people who want a really central location.

The resort of Altinkum itself was built up pretty quickly, well the hotels were, but they kind of forgot about some of the pavements, so in places its a bit uneven which would make it difficult for some people to get round.

Overall - good hotel - great location, great staff."

• Travel date: Thu 1st of March 2007

The Mutlu hotel is not bad at all! I hav...

Reviewed Sun 25th of February 2007

"The Mutlu hotel is not bad at all! I have stayed in a few hotels in Altinkum and this is reasonable.

The hotel is in a good location, close to all the beaches. Shopping centre, bars, and restaurants. For location you can’t go wrong!

The hotel itself has a shop, its ok but not much of a choice!

The 1st and probably last hotel I have ever stayed in where you have to buy your own toilet paper! I found that very strange!

The rooms were basic but had everything you needed!

Staff were pleasant. Bar and restaurant was half decent!

Its has a warm friendly atmosphere."

• Travel date: Sun 25th of February 2007

An excellent holiday all round. Alma the...

Reviewed Tue 19th of December 2006

"An excellent holiday all round. Alma the Airtours rep was brill and good fun. Everyone was really friendly.

Rooms a bit on the small side but didn't spend much time in there anyway. Maids really efficient making swans etc out of towels and sprinkling rose petals on the beds.

Entertainment ok - killer pool, quiz, karaoke, bingo, Turkish evening etc. Excellent location as beach only 5min walk. Main shopping area only 3min walk from hotel.

Spent most of our time in the valentine bar just 50 yds from the Mutlu.

Excellent food and service. Pool at hotel a little on the small side but with the beach only minutes away - no problem.

Altogether a brilliant and memorable holiday."

• Travel date: Tue 19th of December 2006

Hotels near Mutlu Apartments

Top traveller tips for Mutlu Apartments

• TAN68 by TAN68

"the nightlife is fab!!!!!! Great beaches.......nice resturants "

• TAN68 by TAN68

"mutlu apart,four season's,kusmez hotel "

• Sam n Nick by Sam n Nick

"Pinocchios, Valentines "

• shazcj by shazcj

"Altinkum is a lovely place to stay "

• jimmypunter by jimmypunter

"Avoid these Apartments "

• Sheila D by Sheila D

"Just enjoy the culture try a few words in turkish they admire your efforts "

Mutlu Apartments is also called