Kahya Hotel

Saray Mah. Guzelyali Cad. no: 24, Alanya 07400 Turkey

Not what i expected.

"I am writting this from the hotel. I Arrived 4 days ago and have been disappointed each day. For starters, if you plan on meeting people and having them over to your room, forget about it. And to top it off, they will be very rude to this guest should you ask them to wait for you in the lobby. This happened to me twice. Next, all-inclusive apparently does NOT mean all-inclusive. The drinks and cake time are pretty much all u get for free. Now im sure this sounds great, it did to me, until i had to pay extra for my orange juice. And the mini bar is also extra, oh, and so is the internet im using to get this out. I have not been treated how i would expect to be treated at any hotel with any number of stars. I will not be coming back here to this hotel and i encourage others to not as well.
You may be wondering why i gave it a 4 and not a 0. Thats because i do like the location, my room was made every day and laundry was expedient (probably at cost). There is alot to do here in Alanya, i just wish i had found a better hotel first. And this will be my last day here, im leaving today to get another hotel for 1 day before i move on to another city. Good luck and happy holiday."

• Travel date: Sat 1st of May 2010

brilliant holiday

"My Granddaugter and I have just returned from a splendid week at the kayha Hotel. Alanya
A little advice for the British.
I am sick of reading negative uncalled for intolerant reviews about perfectly good hotels
Forget about English food for while when abroad give the food a chance. If you insist on English food stay in England
Give the staff a smile and a chance and give the interesting multi lingual guests from ALL countries a smile and a chance. I have had some very pleasant conversations with foreign strangers this last week and it took very little effort
This is one of the best holidays I have ever had.
I can honestly say I could not find fault in anything.
I was very impressed with the polite hard working staff how they can manage to stay polite when I heard them being spoken to at times very rudely.

• Travel date: Wed 15th of July 2009

well i could say this was one of gratest...

"well i could say this was one of gratest holidays we ever had. True is that German and Dutch people are in 95% they are a little bit annoying but with somthing u have to deal.I could say that i would recommmend this hotel to evryboy with one WARNING: be careful with airco because is very dirty and full of dust, i think they didnt clean it since they bought , so ASK them to clean ur airco . I asked but they didnt do that (be persistent)now i star beeing alergic , i have never been befor . p.s. food is good and is enough for everybody, dont worry!"

• Travel date: Sun 31st of August 2008

I stayed at the Kahya Hotel in Aug 07 fo...

"I stayed at the Kahya Hotel in Aug 07 for 2 weeks, and it was the worst holiday my son and I have ever been on. The hotel was supposedly 3/4 star but I would have only rated as a 2 and this is being extremely generous. The swimming pool had the advantage of three water slides which were set on one side of the pool, they were ideal for children but often the teenagers used lilos to fly down the slides at speed with no consideration for the smaller children in the pool at the bottom. The rooms were small and cramped and the standard of cleaning during our stay was minimal. The bathroom was badly stained with mildew and mould residue, numerous attempts at sealing leaks were evident from the copious amounts of mastic sealant around the bath and tiles, and towel rail was hanging off the wall. There was limited food choices for children as almost all the food was served with oily dressings or strong sauces. I ate out with my young son at local cafes on numerous occasions. The bar staff seemed reluctant to serve english guests, I later found out later that very few of them actually spoke any english and it was a communication problem!! All entertainment was in turkish or german. The Cleopatra beach across the road from the hotel was was ideally located, however, it was not a sandy beach but made up of shingle and pebbles; accessing the the sea was awkward as there was a shelf of large boulders which dropped away rapidly to depths of 5', NOT ideal for young children. I go away every year and have never stayed in such an awful hotel offering such a poor standard of accommodation and service and will not be returning."

• Travel date: Thu 13th of March 2008

We had a lovely holiday here. We went in...

Good

"We had a lovely holiday here. We went in June and the weather was just perfect - it was around 30 degrees with blue skies and sunshine every day. I couldn't have handled it being any hotter, but locals told us that it is usually a bit hotter than this and gets much much hotter in July/Aug, which are the main vacation months.

June was actually just out of season for this beach resort, which was actually BRILLIANT because it meant the place wasn't crowded, we always had plenty of space in the hotel and on the beaches. It was also lovely going around town, as it wasn't crowded there either.

The Hotel was nice. The bedroom was air conditioned (no extra cost) and we had a balcony looking over the swimming pools. Everything in the bedroom worked just fine and everything was clean.

The rest of the hotel was also clean. Most of the guests here were German/Russian/Danish, which was nice because it meant we got to escape English people for a bit. Because of the nationality of the guests, the food was geared up for this - so lots of German foods: German sausage, salads, cold meats etc. There was always plenty of food and you could go up for as much as you wanted. At lunch there was also tea and cake available!

The swimming pool was really nice and never overcrowded. Most people just decided to sun themselves around it, which meant you have the pool to yourself. There are also 3 water slides, which were really fun.

The beach was literally on the front of the hotel, which was so convenient, and it was by far the best beach in the area. The beach was sandy and the water was nice and clean. Mountains in the background made for a pretty backdrop.

The harbour was a 15 minute walk away, and there were plenty of restaurants, shops, bars here to relax in at all hours of the day.

The area was geared up for all ages. I think in July/Aug there would be more younger people partying in the big big slightly tacky bars by the harbour, but for June this wasn't the case.

Would recommend for a relaxing beach holiday with guaranteed sun. 4/5"

• Travel date: Sat 22nd of December 2007

We stayed at this hotel for the first t...

Good

"We stayed at this hotel for the first time and we were highly satisfied.

The rooms were spotless, the food was great and the beach was just across the road. This hotel is situated on the Cleopatra beach.

I did have a run in with the bar staff as they refused my son a drink and as we were all inclusive, they were taking the mick somewhat.

Although we booked through Thomas Cook (half board) what they didn't tell you is that you can upgrade on arrival at the hotel to all inclusive, which if you have kids is a godsend.

Even though the hotel was full of Germans and they hogged the sunbeds we soon showed them that the brits were there too, lol needless to say we beat them at that too.

Now meal times were very funny, as they would wait for the doors opening and they would all rush as though they had been starved but it was funny to watch.

The only thing is if you have a daughter watch the waiters, but that’s the same throughout Turkey.

Over all the hotel was great and good nightly entertainment although repetitive.

We will be going to this hotel again."

• Travel date: Tue 18th of September 2007

We actually were half board but on arriv...

Good

"We actually were half board but on arrival at the hotel we upgraded to full, which worked out alot cheaper than booking through Thomas cook.

We stayed at the hotel for 2 weeks and apart from the odd run in with the bar staff we really didn’t have any complaints. The hotel was great and the rooms were spotless.

The food was great, the weather was fantastic as always and we will go again to this hotel .

We have been to Turkey (Alanya) many times before and this is by far the best hotel.

• Travel date: Sat 15th of September 2007

The Kayha hotel was a joke unless you we...

"The Kayha hotel was a joke unless you were German. At meal times cutlery was being removed before you finished your meals the waiters were ignorant you couldn’t get to sunbath around the pool unless you was up at 3am to place towels on the sun loungers even though there were signs every were stating it wasn’t allowed.

We only stayed for one week thank god in the week we were there our rooms were cleaned daily but bedding wasn’t changed I called staff in my room on three separate occasions were cockroaches were removed.

The only good thing about our stay in alanya we found a wonderful restaurant only a stone throw away from the hotel.

The hasir restaurant if it wasn’t on the menu they would get it for you the were entertaining polite funny and very helpful.

Thank you to all the staff that work there they made our holiday more bearable.

• Travel date: Tue 26th of June 2007

Hotels near Kahya Hotel

Stayed at Kahya Hotel? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Kahya Hotel

• william15 by william15

"Lovely clean area plenty of shops, Park and outdoor gym on sea front impressive. "

• william15 by william15

"Plenty of various trips at very reasonable prices. "

Kahya Hotel is also called