Absolutely fantastic holiday

Reviewed 17th June 2016

"This was the best holiday me and my family have ever been on. The hotel was very clean. The staff were always helpful. Best animation (entertainment) team ever. There was always someone on hand if needed. Enjoyed sampling all the different kinds of food available, lots of choice. We loved it so much we have booked again for next year. The onsite photographer is well worth a visit. Photo shoots are free and the results astonishing. Well worth the money. Only downside is that its a 2 to 3 hour journey from airport but worth the wait. "

• Travel date: 8th June 2016

what a great holiday

Reviewed 19th December 2012

"me and my boyfriend stayed here for 2 weeks and we a had a wonderfull time every thing about the hotel was lovely the food was great the hotel was clean and lovely. being fussy eaters we were worried about having bad food but we was pleasently pleased with the food , breakfast was good we had pancakes with chocolate, eggs and sausages. there was pleanty. lunch was not the best but who wants to eat loads in that heat and dinner was fab to with chicken, kebabs , fish somthing to please every one. The weathere was really hot, the staff were really helpfull and friendly and always cleaning the hotel was really really clean. When we arrived there was not alot of english but after a few days more arrived and we met really nice english people. reading the reviews of this hotel we was really worried about the hotel but the hotel was really different to what everyone had said so if your going to this hotel dont worrie it wil be a holiday to remember. amy and gavin x x x x"

• Travel date: 20th October 2007

turkish delight!!? I don't think so!

Reviewed 10th December 2012

"I had checked the reviews on this hotel and others before deciding and felt comfortable with my choice. Arrived at 8am after a 5 hour flight and a 2 hour coach journey (the driver has to stop for a 15min break on this journey). Check in by night duty reception staff was very smooth and each couple in our party was shown to a very large family suite. 1 double room and 2 twin rooms. Very well decorated and clean. we were impressed. On Tuesday the reception called our room my husband was told "you have to leave your room bring key to reception now". He came to tell me and I went to reception and was met by a very hostile receptionist who said exactly the same. I asked why, she repeated herself, I said I wasn't happy, she said "bring key now". I spoke to the customer relations lady herself Turkish and she spoke with the receptionist. After a huge discussion and looking at 2 other rooms we agreed to move rooms on the basis that we would be allowed to keep our new room until 7pm on the evening of departure without cost to us. This was all agreed. On Thursday departure day the cleaner knocked at my daughters door at 9am and tried to communicate somthing to her. She had 3 fingers raised and my daughter agreed that yes she would be checking out at 12 normal check out time. The next thing reception were on the phone to my daughter saying "you say to cleaner you are not leaving room until three you have to leave now bring key to reception now". My daughter said she had not said this she thought they had agreed on normal check out time and said she would be along at 12 with key. They again demanded she bring it there and then so my daughter went along to the desk and explained and again had to involve customer relations desk in this communication. At 12 we all went along my daughter with her room key and me to confirm that we would have our room till 7pm. This was confirmed. At 5pm I started to get ready to leave room. In the shower the phone went. I got out, it stopped. Got back in it started got out it stopped, got in door knocked. Answered door 3 cleaners and one steward. "Please you have to leave room now". "No". "Please phone reception now" I did and was told I had to leave now. I said no and tried to explain situation she hung up on me. I went back to the door and told the crowd what had happened and went back to my shower. My daughter arrived to start getting ready to go at the same time as the reception manager called to tell me to get out. I explained to him and he said he would need to check my story. He got back and said I was right and could stay until 7. NO communication skills at this reception desk both towards customers and each other very hostile and unfriendly especially the lady. Hot Food was basic, salads fresh but repetative. Only on the last night did they add a new dish to the salads "Cold Sheeps brain salad"! Mmmm! Dining room a canteen, very busy and hectic. Each meal time was an ordeal. A lot of people commented on this, both German, Polish, English and Scottish guests. Animation staff very friendly and happy. The sun was hot that was the one really good thing about our holiday!"

• Travel date: 20th October 2007

Not up to scratch

Reviewed 10th December 2012

"I have just got back from a 2 week stay at the Eftalia Resort Hotel, Alanya. On the whole it was a good holiday - the weather was fantastic and the rest was welcome. However I felt the hotel was not up to scratch. For an all inclusive holiday I think the hotel was on the small side and the facilities were a bit sparse - my friend and I did get bored. The hotel is not directly on the beach, but it is only a 2 minute walk around the hotel next door. However when we did go to the beach we found it to be crammed with sunbeds leaving not much room to walk around - not the best looking beach I've been on. The food at the hotel, whilst plentiful, was mainly warm(not hot) and very little choice. It was chicken, fish, meatballs or liver - liver being on the menu for 4 consecutive days!! The rooms were very comfortable - the maids did a great job in keeping them clean. The hotel lobby was spotless but the furniture was a little shabby. At night time I have to say that this is the noisiest hotel I've ever stayed in. Doors banging all hours of the night - every night. I have to congratulate the staff for being very friendly and helpful, dealing with people's complaints and requests very speedily. The shows put on in the evening by the animation team were short but very entertaining. They obviously put a good deal of effort into geeting it right - not easy when so many different nationalities were there. However I don't think I will go back to the Eftalia."

• Travel date: 10th October 2007

honeymoon disaster

Reviewed 11th November 2012

"well where to start, situated in konakli 13 miles from alanya city,We went to eftalia on the recomendations of the travel agency instead of bulgaria,as they said bulgaria would be flocked out with germans. Well as for that the first 4 days we were the only english couple in the hotel,we arrived at 0630hrs and we couldnt even have a cup of tea/coffee.when we checked into our room it was the wrong type,took 4 days for them to change us to the honeymoon suite,and even then more problems came with it,plaster falling of the walls,i slipped and cracked my head in the bath as the was no anti-slip mat in the shower. my wife got trapped in between the lift doors and they said we were lying when we told the front of house manager,whom was the only english spoken person in the hotel. the food here was outragous,mashed potato and sausage in gravey for breakfast every morning,or if you couldnt stomach that at 7am,you could have a slice or two of turkish bread,with a cup of coffee. every lunchtime consisted of cold fries,cold burgers,pasta,salad,and fruit. and the evening meal got worse so i wont go into detail. no food was ever covered up so resturant was full of flies,and you would see the occasional cockroach. entertainment was the same every day and night,but the entertainment team really tried hard to make sure everyone was having a good time. cant fault the pool area's with 4 pools and were kept very clean and tidy,plenty of sunbeds,and one hell of a suntrap,got a fantastic tan. lacking in the range of inclusive drinks,lager (efes) which was flat all the time,gin,vodka,whiski,and raki,and soft drinks. it was also my wifes b'day 2 days in to the holiday and i had to pay for a special drink 14 leyra,as the hotel would not do anything for her on the day,and waht did we get for that a cocktail with vodka,gin,and orange juice,which were all local drinks on the inclusive deal,but i had to pay. we had dirty bed sheets twice and were riddled with cat flea's towards the end of the holiday. the best time we actualy had were away from the hotel,in alanya at a bar called ev's with live english singer,that made our nights enjoyable,but then we did not want to go back to the hotel for how horrible it was. we went for a turkish bath,which was included in the package,and were left in the bath area for over 1 hour before someone decided to come and bathe us by which time we walked out,and booked privately in konakli town,and they were very pervious,and tried to shower my wife and get her bikini off,we were outraged. i can honestly say we shall not be going back to turkey ever again,and certainly will not be booking a holiday with thomas cook,as the rep would not do anything for us,or our problems. an offical complaint has already been given in and i await the outcome. and the hotel is defo not a 4 star more like a 2 star if that. adam and joanne nottingham"

• Travel date: 7th October 2007

fought it was wicked miss it loads

Reviewed 11th November 2012

"loved the hoilday was wicked few problems but really good the food was rubbish tho no english food they just cater for germans not even turkish food staff was really nice men are really pervy though lol i went with my dad and brother im 15 i miss it really good night club round the corner english music would defo go back but hardly any english people lolx"

• Travel date: 1st October 2007

loved it would go back

Reviewed 18th October 2012

"my friend from school and i , had recently became single so we decided to book a break away, and so we booked this one was allocation on arrival all inclusive , a hic up on way being sent to wrong hotel but was soon sorted ,we soon made friends quickly, our rep had a rep night out in alanya and was injoyed by all of us as we joined up with lots of single travellers ( a few), it was an english bar , food was good all staff in our hotel were very helpfull, went out of their way to help, couldnt do enough for you , always smiling , where every you went they said hello the hotel is just outside alanya just a short bus ride away, bar was small, couldnt cope with queues entertainment , at night was very basic, thats my only faults with the hotel, it was kept very clean , spa is a must we went down for massage every day, pool was great entertainment around the pool too , food was excellent, dining room kept tidy all of the time ,,would love to see this hotel in the hight of the season , hope every one enjoys it as much as we did"

• Travel date: 2nd August 2007

Comfortable 3 star not quite 4 star

Reviewed 30th October 2012

"This hotel is basically a comfortable 3 star, the staff are friendly and attentive. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Entertainment is average, but they try hard with what they have got to work with. Facilities always clean, meals busy but very good quality food for Turkey. Remember if you are considering Turkey the food is often Eastern European reciepe. I have stayed in many 4/5 star hotels before, and as i said its a comfortable 3 star. The hotel offered excellent value for money. I have booked for two weeks again next year."

• Travel date: 2nd August 2007

good value holiday

Reviewed 4th December 2012

"Just arrived back from an enjoyable week at the Eftalia Resort Hotel, Konakli (not to be confused with the village in Alanya).All in all a good clean hotel with friendly staff. The food, though basic and unvaried was well prepared. The exception to this was the salad bar which was very varied, fresh and tasty. We ate this with no problems, in fact, both myself and my husband had no stomach problems all holiday. The only problem regarding meal times was the massive rush for the food from certain East European guests, in fact, it looked like they had never seen food before! This became a bit of a joke among the other English (not many staying whilst we were there) and Germans at the hotel. There were also a lot of children around whilst we were there which meant that most of the entertainment centred around them and nothing beyond 10pm at night (apart from a small disco which was open for 1 hour between 11.30 - 12.30). The area around the hotel looked a bit like a building site as this part of Konakli seems to be undergoing development. The beach is shingly with rocks under the water and the sea was rough but there was no problem getting sunbeds (all of which were under shade). The beach bar provided soft drinks (coke, fanta, sprite and water) and beer (no wine or spirits) also hot drinks. Food was also available (kebab, fries and salad) in the afternoon. Throughout our stay we found that the local shops preferred euros rather than turkish lira and most things were priced in euros. Considering the bad reviews about this hotel we were pleasantly surprised and would have been quite happy to stay another week."

• Travel date: 20th June 2007

Brilliant!!

Reviewed 19th December 2012

"I spent last week on holiday in the Eftalia Resort Hotel with a friend and i have to say that after reading some not so good reviews before i went and it being my first holiday abroad i was very dubious about how it would be, but i had absolutely no need to worry as our stay was excellent, couldnt fault a single thing. The staff were friendly the hotel was clean, the food was excellent, the turkish baths were something else...i could go on the list is endless, needless to say we didnt want to come home! We both would return next week if we could...Superb holiday! Thankyou Eftalia Resort Hotel, Caroline Rigby (UK)"

• Travel date: 11th May 2007

Best holiday so far

Reviewed 4th December 2012

"Me and my partner stayed at this hotel for 8 days with our 6 year old daughter. This holiday has probably been the best we have been on. From the moment we got there we were made to feel welcome. One of the highlights of our stay was probably the animation team, who did all they could to ensure we had a good holiday - they even got my partner up on stage in drag! The guests at the hotel are from all over Europe with many English, German, Russain and Dutch. My daughter absolutley loved the slides, just one thing to remember is don't sit in front of them unless you don't mind getting wet! The food was pretty much the same everyday - salads, pasta etc, but there was an outdoor bbq which did things like chicken and fish, there was always plenty to choose from and we even had pancakes twice. The beach is about a 5 minute walk away from the hotel, just behind another hotel, and there is a bar and snack bar on the beach so you don't have to move from it all day if you don't want to. All of the staff were really friendly, especially the animation team and the waiters. They can't do enough for you. The only slightly bad point that i can think of about this holiday is that the spirits that are available on all inclusive are not quite as strong as what you get in the UK, but the wine makes up for that. I would definatley go to this hotel again."

• Travel date: 4th May 2007

Hotels near Xeno Eftalia Resort Hotel

Top traveller tips for Xeno Eftalia Resort Hotel

• by Tarnlass80

"To make sure you get your last drink before 12 as the fridges are locked after this."

Xeno Eftalia Resort Hotel is also called

• Eftelia Resort Hotel
  • eftalia hotel alanya
  • eftalia resort all inclusive