Entrance at the Eftalia Holiday Village

Stay well away!

Reviewed 20th October 2016

"I visited Eftalia Holiday Village in summer last year. Firstly I'd like to warn everyone to STAY WELL AWAY! Where should we start? The food was boring day in day out the same, the same baked beans re used in the afternoon! The food is particularly aimed at people of other nationality's its boring dreadful and tasteless. Moving on the Entertainment in the evenings was poor now, I am not asking for top quality west end shows but the production team put on show some you'd see from a primary school, with the same shows except they were rotated on different days for two weeks! Eftalia Holiday Village , Eftalia marina and the other Eftalia hotels in the area were ghost towns by 10 o'clock and there is nothing else to do apart from sit in reception and listen to the terrible, rude, horrible and unorganized staff argue with everyone, every evening with out fail. If you are from Russia, Germany, Poland and Ukraine, they can't do enough for you but if you're from anywhere else they could not care less what you think and how your holiday was going. While I was there on the second day I came across my the tap in the bath room which was constantly dripping and overflowing the sink because the plug would not lift all the way up to let the water drain out quickly. I went to reception to report this and see what they could do, the only thing that was said back to me was "what do you want me to do? Am I a water man?" (By water man I think they meant plumber) So I gave up straight away with a horrible attitude like that I could see nothing would be resolved. However the water park across the road wasn't bad along with the swimming pools and the sizes they had. All the slides we're open and they along with the sun loungers we're cleaned even evening. However to access the water park you had to pass through a tunnel where stray cats would be and the staff would feed them. The cats would then follow you thinking there next meal is coming from you and follow you into the restaurant and sit on the tables and the staff would walk by like that's normal! As you could probably guess by the first 5 days we was already bored and wanting to go home sadly we had booked for two weeks here as jet 2 couldn't give enough praise to the hotel, making us believe it would be great! On the second week resorted to eating out instead of eating the horrible food day in day out again. Somehow everybody seems to get poorly and no one really knows why? Maybe because of the food which was left out, not even covered! and re used in the afternoon. The rooms were very rarely cleaned and one day when I came back on the after not feeling very well I caught the maid routing through my aftershave and all the other toiletries that was in our room, which now smells like boots high street stores on a shopping trip on Saturday afternoon, after the maid spraying everything she then said sorry in what language I could only guess was Russian? leaving the room in the same condition it was left in in the morning, no cleaner and not one of the beds in a room with fresh sheets. Another thing that was really getting on my nerves was the drink sizes, i could have as many drinks as i wanted in a tiny glass which after 2 mouth fulls was empty! Never was i given a large glass after many times of asking. The large glass which seems just be there for show would only be given to you if you we're German, French,Russian,Ukrainian or Polish! And even the bar staff that work there could have a large glass! I cant stress enough to you how bad this place is! This is only a brief insight to Eftalia Holiday Village YOU MUST STAY AWAY and DO NOT VISIT THIS PLACE! unless you want to throw money down the drain and have a depressing holiday."

• Travel date: 20th October 2016

Worst holiday ever

Reviewed 8th September 2016

"We booked this holiday through Thomas Cook who said it was a 4* star and a amazing place to go . After arriving at 4am in the morning to be given one room with a double bed and single bed and then given a z bed to put up for my daughter to sleep on. So in the morning we asked to be moved to what we thought we had a two bed apartment but it cost us £220 . The food is boring and the same everyday . Ice cream you have to walk miles from your pool to other one then Que up . Rooms cleaned ok except your bathroom which took 12 days after much moaning . If you were lucky your sheets and towels changed every four days . If your German French you get treated like royalty . Staff are rude and miserable . My son was in bed for four days with sickness and diarrhea . I had it for three days and my wife had it on the last day also traveling home being sick on a airplane is not pleasant. Would say it is a 2* and would say look elsewhere this place is not worth a penny . I have been in army for 18 years and i have stayed on exercise in the wilderness has been cleaner and cost nothing . Only good point if you want to lose weight you will !!!"

• Travel date: 29th August 2016

poor management

Reviewed 10th September 2015

"We reached this hotel after 19 hours of travel only to be told it was overbooked and that we would have to go to hotel Gunes, 15minute drive from the hotel I booked. Really confused as to how this could happen as we had booked this hotel 4 months ago. Even if the other hotel was reasonable in accommodation I would not have an issue but it was disgusting, shabby and not a place I would consider presentable for holidaying. To make it worse the staff at hotel Tunes were very rude, cocky and unapproachable. A very disappointing experience and would plea anyone considering to book this hotel or hotel Gunes to rethink it as you could regret it. Furthermore if you are thinking of booking with On the beach DON'T!!! THEY REALLY ARE NO HELP IF YOU HAVE PROBLEMS. "

• Travel date: 10th September 2015

Don't go if your British

Reviewed 20th August 2014

"On getting to this hotel we were told there wasn't a room for us so they told us to go and have a drink in the bar area for an hour.when they did have a room ready they showed us two rooms we could choose form the first one was not very big for my wife my 13 year girl and myself so they showed us the other room we choose this one but they told us we would have to pay an extra 50 pounds for the two weeks . As for the holiday it's self the weather was great the rooms were average cleaned every day to a fashion the pools were not to bad the slides on the other side of the road were quite good .but then we have to talk about the food and entertainment ,well the food is more a less the same every day boring boring and rubbish it's is aimed at the Russians and other Eastern Europe country's .the entertainment at night is no good for British at all.Glad we meet a couple British family's other wise we would have no one talk to at all "

• Travel date: 20th August 2014

Don't go if your British

Reviewed 20th August 2014

• Travel date: 20th August 2014

Excellent Holiday

Reviewed 9th July 2013

"Having read some of the ealier feedback on this facility we, ( Self, my wife and our 10 year old daughter), were somewhat apprehensive.We have just returned ( yesterday ), and from personal experience I would like to alay any concerns. On arrival we were pleasantly welcomed, and our luggage transferred via Golf Shuttle to our appartment, which was ( and continued to be through daily cleaning ) well presented. The facility is continually maintained by cleaning and Ground staff to ensure quality. Food was well presented and supported by waitering staff with an endless supply of fresh breads, salads, cheeses, and a variety of hot dishes, ( complimented by the traditional "children choices" of chicken nuggets, chips, spaghetti, beans, etc., ). A couple of comments were made relative to "don't go if you are English ". You are visiting a facility in Turkey, catering for a "Multi national" customer base, and I would personally credit all levels of staff for their contribution to successfully achieving this. "

• Travel date: 8th July 2013

Disappointing.

Reviewed 20th October 2010

"As mentioned by other reviews there were loads of Germans and the entertainment was aimed at them. The food was repetitive and not very good, we have 3 children and usually go AI and this was the first time we had to find a shop to get some additional food. We attempted to interact with the kids club but were met with ignorance which I immediately complained about and was dealt with to my satisfaction. The rooms have no form of insulation so all sorts of noises can be heard including from outside when people decide to sit up all night drinking and talking which keeps others awake. The Beach was untidy and felt like it wasnt quite finished off with waste land behind the sunbeds although it was nice to have the AI bar so close. The beach is pebbley at the edge of the water but while on the local bus I noticed the whole way along this beach was the same so it must be the area. Once in the water there is sand to stand on. On the plus, the hotel was exceptionally clean. Apart from that one incident with the kids club, the staff were friendly and polite. The hotel generally was a nice layout and the pools and slides were a big hit, especially the childrens pool which was the perfect depth for our 2 year old. Unfortunately the food seems to have over shadowed the holiday along with the lack of decent entertainment and we have come home feeling disappointed and doubting we will return to Turkey very soon."

• Travel date: 29th June 2010

i returned from eftalia village with my ...

Reviewed 29th September 2008

"i returned from eftalia village with my partner on friday. when reading the reviews before going, we were worried about the food. on our first day we thaught the food was awfull, but for the rest of the duration of the holiday the food was fab! always loads to choose from and different meats every night. we realized the level of the food depended on the time you ate. the earlier the better, the later the poorer. one let down was the drinks. stupidly strong spirits, probably because the vodka is cheaper than the coke!!! cocktails were NOT included in the all inclusive package. we spent £100 extra on cocktails as the vodka and coke's were unbarable! cocktails are 5 euro or 10 lira. the hotel was over powered by ungreatful germans. very rude and ungreatful. the rooms were imaculate. always clean, fresh bed covers, pillows and towels daily. twice we walked into our room with special suprises, rose pettals with a bottle of wine and a fruit basket! one disapointment was when we arrived. it was 5am, and when we got taken to our rooms, we arrived with three bedrooms and SIX SINGLE BEDS!!! booking, we were at an understanding that we were to be put into a standard double room! the pools were really tidy and clean. entertainment overall ok. mainly aimed at germans, french, sweedish, russian but it was ok! if you stay for a week you are entitled to 1 al e cart meal and 2 for 2 weeks, italian or turkish. we decided to go for the italian... no pizza, no pasta!!! during lunch i would reccomend that you eat in the main restaurant. the beach again was ok. a variety of water sports but not inclusive. also, take euros with you as everything is advertised is euros within the hotel. in the towns they accept euros and lira. overall a brilliant holiday. we would go back again as we made the holiday suit us!"

• Travel date: 29th September 2008

Eftalia Village Hotel, Alanya, Turkey - ...

Reviewed 8th July 2008

"Eftalia Village Hotel, Alanya, Turkey - not to be confused with the other Eftalia Hotel. The Eftalia Village Hotel is a beautiful complex made up of 10 apartment blocks, each one named after fruit which is grown right there in the lovely, well maintained gardens i.e. Banana, Orange, Bitter Orange, Lemon etc. The apartments are clean and green (solar panels on roof), with basic furniture and air conditioning. Some times we struggled to get water though and you would see tankers arrive every day to restock the water tanks. There are three swimming pools evenly placed throughout the complex - top, middle and bottom. The swimming pool at the top of the complex (furthest from the beach) has flumes and a nearby bar. It is situated beside the kids club, a large undercover (shaded) sandpit for the kids, and the Italian snack bar where you can have lunch between 12 and 4 each day. The pool in the middle of the complex is the splash pool. It is much smaller than the other two pools and is the one depth throughout (about 1.5m). There are no flumes or bar at this pool but this pool has a shaded area for sitting in, which is great if you want to sit and read without too much sun exposure. Pool number three is at the bottom of the complex and is where all the activities take place i.e. aerobics, volleyball etc. Be warned however, that some activities - in particular the Volleyball, are for over 17 years only. This pool is between the main restaurant and the Turkish snack bar (which I did not use but friends said it was good). The food at Eftalia is actually quite good, unfortunately the basics are repeated at every single meal and after two weeks you will be sick of the sight of salad, chips (even at breakfast), bread, pizza and pasta. At breakfast fresh pancakes are cooked from 8 a.m. (you must try these!) and a selection of cereals and yoghurt are provided along with lots of different breads and jam. Fresh orange juice can be purchased at breakfast for 1 euro per glass. Lunch is just the basics as listed above. At dinner there was an outside grill with different items cooked each night i.e. Turkey, Kebabs, Fish, Lamb etc. There was also a great selection of desserts every night so do not expect to lose weight on holiday p.s. the chocolate cake is divine! There is a market place within the complex where you can purchase juics, crisps, sweets, magazines, handbags, gifts, jewellery, clothes etc. although the only fruit we could see to buy was water melon. Actually for all the fruit that was growing in the gardens, there wasn't such a great choice for eating, mostly melon and oranges. We had to go into town to buy bananas. The market place will accept Sterling, Euros or Turkish lira. The beach is just over abridge at the bottom of the complex and there are the usual activities which can be purchased there - jet skis, parascending etc. Also at the foot of the bridge you will find taxis and a bus stop. Taking the local bus (dolmus) was easy and cheap (2 euros to Alanya 18km away), however, the bus stop on the beach side of the road has a crash barrier which they forgot to put a break in so you have to climb over it to get onto the bus (approx 70cm roadside). The downside - The biggest problem which we had with Eftalia Village is the lack of things to do especially when you have teenage children. There is an older kids club but it is for ages 7-14 which is a heck of an age difference. Happyland is the entertainment centre (if you can call it that). There were pool tables (7 euros for 1 hour), air hockey tables and 2 trampolines. The evening entertainment wasn't great either. We had a Turkish night each week which was the best entertainment as it consisted of traditional Turkish dancers strutting their stuff on stage. The comedy sketch shows - well I'm not sure what to say about these except that they should come with a health warning - these were dreadful, dire, psychologically scarring. And there was the usual mix of Mr & Mrs, Mister Eftalia and Miss Eftalia competitions etc. There was also a kids disco every night (Mini Disco) for the younger children. The songs were the same every night for two weeks so be prepared to be singing Tatu Ta Ta and Hello Coco for your entire holiday - these are a bit like Bob the Builder and Mr Blobby - fun but annoying - the kids however loved them and the kids entertainer is a lovely girl (dad's will really like her). The hotel does not change travellers cheques, in fact we had problems trying to change them in quite a few places and commission is generally between 5 and 11% so take cash if you can - Turkish Lira or Euros. This particular hotel was very popular with a certain non British group of Europeans and unfortunately our courteous British manners went right out the window by about day ten after being elbowed, shoved and stepped on at every meal. The children were particularly rude and consistently left mess in the bathrooms (apparently not toilet trained) and parental supervision must be a crime in certain European countries as the children were like wild animals. All in all, we had a good holiday thanks to the friends we made and the friendly staff but we would not go back to this hotel again. "

• Travel date: 8th July 2008

OK Hotel for short vacations

Reviewed 17th December 2012

"The hotel was quite OK at first. How clean the rooms were depended heavily on the cleaning lady. All the staff was SUPER friendly, especially the guys in the snack bar. One major problem was that we found mold in the AC on the last day, which explained the headaches we had every morning. The food was ok, a little of everything, but it was the same every day, so it got boring after a few days. Some of the other guests used their vacation as an excuse to act like animals - not pretty. Also, although most drinks were free and available all day, carbonated water was something you had to buy in the market, for €1,50. Recommended only for short trips, 5 days or less."

• Travel date: 18th October 2007

excellent hotel 5 star but too many rude germans and not enough english

Reviewed 25th October 2012

"i satayed at the eftalia village with my husband and our 13 year old daughter this september/october. fist impressions was excellent, the staff were excellent, the rooms were excellent well furnished and very clean. after raeding other reviews about the warning of the german invasion i was very worried about the holiday but they were right there was only 5 british people there including my family and iam easy going but they are so rude pushing in the queues and never saying please or thankyou to anyone including all the staff at the hotel.the mini disco for the kids was mainly german but the kids also learnt to sing in all languages which was good, but the evening entertainment was quite rubbish to be fair and even the turkish staff agreed, but if you are happy with the sun and plenty to eat then its ok. the turkish people were lovely they couldnt do enough for you and they love the english people here especially if you help them with their english as they are so keen to learn more. ali our waiter was great couldnt do enough for us and yes all the other waiters were the same to us especailly once they found out that we were english. we were a bit worried about taking our blonde 13 yr old daughter with bright blue eyes, and olive skin as we had herd rumours about the turks with blonde girls and yes they all did take a liking to our daughtert evertime they saw her they would come over to talk but once my husband put them straight about her age they understood and just smiled at her each time and said she must come back when she is older, and we were offered many camels for her and a leather shop but it was all just a bit of fun, we found them all to be great . the restaurant was excellent also and my daughter can be very fussy at times but what kids arent ! there was food to be had all day long starting from 7am through to 12.30am. drinks on tap all day long if you wanted them. real coca cola including diet, fanta and sprite.snacks served from 12 till 5 pm which in cluded pancakes sweet and savoury these were superb and went down well with everyone. there was pizza served in the italian restaurant during the day along with chips salad ect. and also the main restaurant had a huge selection of hot and cold food and plenty of cakes, gatuex and fresh fruit for the healthy eaters !!! If you can ignore the germans then this is a great hotel, but we did make friends with some germans there were a few couples that were very nice. linen changed everyday rooms cleaned even though i told the cleaner to leave it,have a day off but when we came back from the beach she had cleaned it. oh i also needed some tablets from the pharmacy which the hotel sent a member of staff to go into town and get me some for my prickly heat, i thought this is going to cost me but no they gave us the reciept for 2 euros and 75 cents with no extra cost thats what i call service. if you go there and come across ali the waiter, hussan the barman they are very helpfull but also everyone was very friendly, if you want to tip them give it to them personaly as if you put money into the waiters tip box the chef empties it himself once a week and keeps it all. the barman and waiters earn 250 euros a month pretty pooy as they work long hours and yet always have a smile for you. just a shame there was only a few of us british compared to 1500 germans, if it wasnt for the german invasion we would go back there again. if you go have fun just ignore the germans there is enough food for everyone haha they want it all,but there is plenty for everyone. kev,angie and molly from portsmouth hants"

• Travel date: 9th October 2007

Okay resort If you like Germans & Russians and speak thier language

Reviewed 25th November 2012

"We stayed at the 'Aytur Eftalia Holiday Village' for our honeymoon which was recommended to us by a travel agent. After looking at the pictures that she emailed me the hotel looked like a dream honeymoon location, we were expecting a 5 star all inclusive resort and service. There was nobody to greet us at the hotel and when we did finally find someone of assistance they could only speak German even though they were Turkish????? All of the entertainment was in German. There was no mention of this being a non English hotel. The food was ok but definitely not 5 Star, the only good food was from the young turkish lady who made pancakes either sweet or savoury, she was the only person who was very friendly and had a smile on her face. This is not a place for English people who want a friendly atmosphere."

• Travel date: 6th September 2007

Hotels near Eftalia Holiday Village

Top traveller tips for Eftalia Holiday Village

• by John000

"Don't go in the first place."

• by Mr Martin Brown

"If you are thinking of going to turkey go somewhere which as better food and entertainment"

• by Mr Martin Brown

• by Ian B

"Enjoy the "in house" facilities, but take advantage of the Alanya based water tours"

• by Milly

"Choose another hotel if you want a true perspective of Turkey"

Eftalia Holiday Village is also called

• Aytur Eftalia Holiday Village
  • Eftalia Village Hotel
  • eftalia holiday village konakli