getlstd_property_photo

Good

great holiday after over the shock

Reviewed 13th June 2012

"arrived at 4am and the rooms are what they say very basic no tv just bed and bathroom ,the next morning breakfast was great plenty to eat and by the new day we were having a great time beach 5mins walk supermarket the same ,staff are great all in all its one of the best holidays we have had and thats saying something as we normally go all inclusive .will be returning "

• Travel date: 13th June 2012

Marvellous but basic

Reviewed 2nd October 2011

"Accommodation basic but if you think it's £2 per night, that puts it into perspective. Staff very friendly and couldn't do more to help you. Pool area could do with a regular clean but we got that sorted after afew Raki's!!! On Saturday evenings they do a lush Barbeque and the food is really nice. A must is to have a Turkish bath on the first day. You feel squeaky clean and your tan develops and stays longer. The Turkish bath is am experience everyone should try. If your looking for a low budget holiday with lots of fun - this is the place for you. We will be back Sept 2012....."

• Travel date: 1st October 2011

life in the mountains

Reviewed 20th September 2011

"after arriving at 2 o,clock in afternoon we finaly got a room a 6 o,clock early evening we were told they had no room for us as the hotel was overbooked, the hotel is not in turgetries it is 25 min on local bus, bodrum 45 min on local bus, the so called beach is not across the roadt is more like a 10 min walk so make sure you take you,r hiking boots as there are no pavements, the hotel is basic as other reviews have said, no bars or restaurants by hotel, and dont try and take things to eat or drink to your room as you will have them removed from your room, dont forget to take a plug for the sink in your room as you wont get one at the hotel, we have been to turkey nine times over the years to different areas and different star rated hotels, but we would not go back to the bizem tepe, evenas a booby prize in a raffle."

• Travel date: 18th September 2011

friends

Reviewed 23rd August 2010

"I had a fabulous time at the Bizimtepe,the staff created a great atmosphere and were duly attentive and diligent throughout my holiday,I was in need of a relaxing friendly holiday and that is exactly what I got. Turgutreis town was around half an hour away,but the transport was always on time and ran frequently,the town itself was small but very charming and the people were truly wonderful.The beach was around 100 metres from the hotel and although pretty crowded you could find a space!The rooms at the hotel were functional without being flashy and the menu was varied every night.All in all I have few complaints if I could pick on one thing,I was on a b&b deal but if I wanted a British style breakfast I had to pay extra,but apart from that it was a great holiday,and I have already made plans to go back again,I cant pay it more of a compliment than that!!!"

• Travel date: 1st August 2010

Relaxing Holiday

Reviewed 1st October 2009

"We have just returned from Otel Bizimtepe this morning.We were under the impression that we were staying in Turgutreis itself so were surprised at the long journey to get there from Bodrum airport,it took nearly 2 hrs with all the drop offs,we were the last.This was repeated on our return when we had to get up at 2 am for a 3 am pick up.Yes the hotel is basic but all the staff especially Erhan were extremley friendley.Not exactley on the beach as described but did only take 5 mins to reach.Having been to Turgutreis and finding out that their beach chairs and unbrella's were free we were upset to have to pay 10 TL a day for this facility.No one asked on our last day a Wednesday so we had a freebee.Unfortunatley I did not read all the reviews before going but very few mentioned the steps involved and we were in 408 the highest room.Admittedly Erhan did offer to try and move us but having nearly emptied the cases to find overnight stuff we said we would manage.Rooms and sheets/towels were only changed the 1st Friday and the last Tuesday in a 6 day stay which also included the bin in toilet.Also no upper sheet provided just a cover,I suspect they would have given us one if asked but we managed as not too much time spent in room.Meals at restaurant were excellant and I expressed that view in the visitors book.We actually had a good holiday but we are not sure about returning to Bizimtepe.Norma and Glyn Jones both in our 60's.Holiday booked through OTBEACH on the internet.By the way we are still waiting to see the rep who Erhan said would be coming to see us on our 1st day."

• Travel date: 1st October 2009

Absolutely Fantastic!

Reviewed 28th August 2009

"I selected this hotel specifically because the majority of online reviews rated it quite highly and I wasn't disappointed!!! The staff, Erhan (manager), Hussein, Phikret (sorry if the spelling is wrong) and Atil the cook, are so friendly and can't do enough for you. Yes the rooms are basic, but perfectly adequate - after all, you're in a country that is 35 degree heat with glorious sunshine, genuinely friendly people, good beaches and lovely towns nearby so why would you spending much time in your room?? And let's face it... it is a 2 star hotel. The rooms were very clean with fresh bedding and towels and were cleaned every couple of days. Air conditioning in the room is available for an additional charge but you don't have to decide straight away. We checked what the room was like first and opted for it later. The swimming pool is very clean and was very welcome after a trip into town in the turkish heat. We never had a problem getting a sun lounger and these were very comfy with large cushions. You can rent a safe per week and these are situated in the reception area which we used to keep our passports and money in but having spent a week there, I'm sure these would have been safe in the room anyway - put it this way, we left a tip on the bed for the cleaner and it was still there after she had cleaned the room!! Whilst we were there, the owner, his family and their friends were staying over. This was not a problem at all and they didn't take over the hotel as had been suggested on a previous review. The family were great - their 2 boys were lovely. Back to the staff... we spent a lot of time interacting with them - we showed them how to play Gin Rummy and at their quiet times, we played many a game with them. I showed the cook how to make Yorkshire Pudding - so who knows, maybe this will be on the menu next time we go! We made origami water bombs with the owner's 2 boys (which they loved. Although we were bed and breakfast, we ate at the hotel most evenings. They have a good selection of food, (english included) and it's very reasonably priced. We were lucky that the owner had his friends as guests because they were staying half board so there was an all you can eat Turkish Meze buffet available in the evening and if like us, you like to eat local food, this was a real treat. There was also a main course on the buffet - prices were 7 Turkish Lira for the Meze and 7 Turkish Lira for the main - excellent value. The cook is there all day so you can order from the menu anytime. Although we had booked a shuttle transfer to and from the hotel, Erhan was going to collect another family from the airport at around the same time we had to check in so he took us which saved us a lot of time (as the shuttle transfers go around all the hotels picking people up so you can be 3 hours if not longer before you get to the airport - and it's only a 45 - 60 min journey straight there). With regards to the location of the hotel... the beach is only a short walk away - 5 minutes if that. The Dolmus buses run frequently to the towns so it's really easy to get around - we went to Bodrum once and Turgurtreis twice. You can go further afield, but we were only there for 7 days so were limited to what we could do. There is a range of day trips available which the hotel can arrange for you. On the whole - a fantastic experience, we met some great people - staff and fellow guests - and I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone."

• Travel date: 28th August 2009

Will I go Back?...probably not.

Reviewed 24th August 2009

"I have returned very recently from Turkey and spent two weeks at the Hotel Bizimtepe. I read most of the other peoples reveiws before I chose this place and agree with most of them. The rooms are very basic and for the first two days of our holiday we had no water at all. This was no fault of the hotel. The whole area had a problem. Once the water was back to normal, it was a bit hit or miss wether it was hot or not. Again, not such a big deal as a cool shower was most welcoming most days. I was under the impression that the hotel was nearer to the beach but again, it wasn't far to get there. I agree with everyone about the staff. The guys were great and tried to please. Erhan was probably the most helpful because of his grasp of english. Jamel was sacked the day after we arrrived as he would try to get into single ladies rooms at night.(ps hope you got over the shock Shirley). The hotel food was ok. We tried all the Turkish dishes and tried to avoid the English Chip Butties etc. It was a bit limited, after two weeks we were struggling to decide what to have again.The chef also had a strange sense of timing! One couple ordered two pasta dishes...one come out about half an hour after the other! Our drinks were cheap. We initially started on Vodka and Cokes then decided it would be cheaper just to buy a bottle of vodka from the hotel. We were charged 50lira for a litre, which we thought was good value. The guys made sure we were topped up with ice constantly. Three days before we were due to leave, the pump broke down in the swimming pool so we avoided that for the last part of our holiday. There are quite a few run down parts of the hotel and water features that dont work and flower beds and pots that are dead or dying. The place could do with a handyman really. One little annoying thing was that the owner had turned up with a lot of family members and were there for the two weeks we were. They seemed to take over the place and got the better service. Dont get me wrong, they were all lovely people and didnt make you feel uneasy...quite the opposite..very warm. Even when we left to come home, they all stood up, shook our hands and wished us a safe journey. The grandad was very nice, he also made sure things were ok if he felt you were a little neglected. Erhan is the hub for this hotel, we would have been a bit lost without him. These guys are not paid that well and we did tip very well. Not everyone does. I liked that location and the poeple here but there is a lot that would need to be done around the place to get me back. It was a pleasant fortnight but I dont think I will be in Turkey again."

• Travel date: 23rd August 2009

holiday,......................celebrate

Reviewed 26th November 2012

"just got back from this very friendly hotel,were brilliantly looked after by the staff,erhan,hussien,jamel ect..who could not do enough for us.met some fantastic people who made the holiday even better,never been to turkey before but would not hesitate in going back to this same, place would i go next year.........i dont knoooow!!!!!!!"

• Travel date: 16th July 2009

Bizimtepe is great. This is a rambling dissertation more than a review

Reviewed 1st March 2013

"Phew just back home from Bizimtepe and need another holiday. 1st time in Turkey. Currency worked out at £4 to 10 Turkish Lira and 20 lira would buy you a TBone steak meal at the ho. The hotel is relatively small with about 26 studio apartments, I don't knowoooo (anyone get it? Ehran/Hussein?) if any were different from ours, but we had a twin room with air con, fridge and a separate toilet(which s relatively small). They're quite basic but very comfortable with bedding changed/rooms cleaned every 2nd day. I'm not the type to pay for a holiday and sit in a room 24 hours a day to complain it doesn't have a 50" plasma and for that matter, don't go to Turkey looking for a typically British Breakfast, I really enjoyed all the local food I ate and I'm a wee bit fussy. The room had all we needed for the week, Air Con as it's so damn hot, praise be to our false god that is air con. The pool is gorgeous and always warm and clean. The loungers are all very comfy, padded with massive cushions and have parasols for shade. It has an old pool bar that they should use again and I kept forgetting to say this to Ehran. But just wave you hand and the very attentive Hussein will bring you anything from the small restaurant area anyway. We booked this holiday very last minute and were just looking for a relaxed and very peaceful week in the sun, lounging by the pool, having a snack and a little beer. We got 2.5 out of these 6 pre-requisites (Dor took the 'very' out of 'very peaceful' haha) but, oh my god, are we glad. We met up with the best crowd of fellow holidaymakers you could ask for and it was a bit of a riot. So very friendly with everyone just wanting to smile. No-one knew each other and everyone insisted they usually kept to themselves while on holiday. So goodness only knows what is in the water at Bizimtepe. We all got on famously and I can honestly say this is one of my best ever holidays where we've gone as a couple. Whether it was a fluke or down to the water, I don't know, but I'd err on the side of the water which the staff lavished on us. At least every second night involved around 18 of us decamping to the roof terrace bar, joined by the staff for very late nights, I left my watch in my suitcase after the first night so that I didn't know what time we were partying to. The staff were of the highest calibre. We were not allowed to do anything for ourselves and nothing was ever too much trouble for their team and I'm gonna name-check them cos they're worth it...'Lady Boss', Grandpops, Jamal, Ehran (or was it Arran, haha), and the real worker Hussein, the lovely cleaner who kept it all clean, oh and not forgetting chef Atti ('the Hun' as in Attila not Glasgow Rangers Fans). These guys joined in our mad gangs' sense of fun at every opportunity and would put on Turkish music and dance for and with us. Wahey to Lady Boss for her 'Shakira' belly dance. These guys are so attentative. They will organise any trips for you which are cheaper than your rep or a ticket ofice in Bodrum or Tutgetreis (I've checked). Ask Jamal or Erhan for advice on anything and they'll keep you right (they speak great English). Now there is no entertainment in the hotel but they'll organise things for you (ask them to organise a Turkish Bath on you're second day as it'll help your tan). Our mad group of guests even got them to put on Karaoke, albeit Bryan Adams greatest hits (God I used to hate him until that night) but if you all get together and ask for it, ask them to go on YouTube and they'll be able to download any Karaoke song you want. Don't get me wrong, we were by no means a group of Karaoke lovers but what a night this turned out to be, even Lady Boss's 11 year old niece got up and sang Rhianna from her I-Phone, totally sublime, like this holiday. Be very aware, Bizimtepe is in a very small town called Karaincer (Kar-ainjer) with a small beach 5 minutes away (tell Ehran or Jamal before you go and they'll advise on which part to go to) and this beach is the one that all the local Turks go to (meaning it's the best), 40 minutes on the wee Dolmus bus (just wave bus down outside Bizimtepe and it costs between a pound and 2 each way) to Bodrum and 20 minutes to Tugetreis for nightlife. The village has two wee supermarkets which are reasonably priced. Also be aware that you must pay £10 (make sure its an English tenner) to get into Turkey as soon as you get off the plane and show your passport. This is the cost of the Visa into Turkey and is not explained by Tour Operators and I only heard the day before I went. Also when you come home, avoid buying anything in the airport as it is mega-dear at £12 for a slice of pizza, chips and a juice. We even spoke to folk who were charged £12 for one beer (30 turkish Lira). We managed no problem to take 3 x 1 1.5 litre bottles of mineral water straight through and onto the plane. So I'd advise this and if I go back I'd probably ask Jamal/Ehran to make up a wee picnic sandwich for each of us to take to the airport and onto the plane and go buy some juice from the supermarket before I leave. In essence, 10 out of 10 for holiday due to the staff and fellow holidaymakers, 8 out of ten for accomodation (remember this is not 5 star and you really do get far more than you pay for, think about how much the flights alone cost for this holiday!!!). I'd highly recommend Hotel Bizimtepe for a holiday. If you don't like it at first, give it a day or two (it'll only be because the rooms are basic but re-read this for pointers and speak to the staff. Well done to all you staff and thank you for having us, thanks to all the friends we met, we loved it, you made us part of your family...Holiday...Celebrate. Will I go back? I DON'T KNOWOOOOO? Of course i will, In a MINUTE. :)"

• Travel date: 15th July 2009

I want to go back too....

Reviewed 17th November 2012

"I travel on my own, and I like to relax on holiday, so I like going to small hotels where you get to know people, and for me this hotel was spot on. Only a couple of minutes walk to the beach where there are plenty of sunbeds and a few resturants, where you can have a nice quiet evening meal. But if you want a more lively evening you just get on the Dolmus and 15 minutes later you are in Turgutreis what more can you ask? The hotel is well kept by the friendly staff, the rooms have air con, a fridge and a view of the sea. The pool is clean, enough sunbeds and parasols for everyone (not that I wanted A parasol, bit of a sun worshiper me) The food is good from the menu, and also the BBQ nights, have a large selection to choose from. I wouldn't recommend this hotel for people with walking difficulties, as there are a few steep hills. At the end of my 2 weeks I had made so many new friends, and had such a great laugh (as one lady put it, we were more of a family than hotel guests) I'm certainly going back next year. See you next year people. You know who you are too."

• Travel date: 13th July 2009

the crack was good.

Reviewed 3rd December 2012

"This is a Hotel if you want a good laugh and to meet people.Me and my wife had a very enjoyable fortnight at this hotel.If you are looking for fast night life and top of the range luxury,forget it.When we stayed here we were looked after extremelly well by the staff,they cant do enough for you .From the manager to the cleaner they were brillant.The hotel is clean and the beds are comfy,what more do you need.bodrum is 40 mins away by dolums.turguteries is about 20 mins.i would go back in a minute.The menu got a bit monotinous after a week.The barbaque was exellent."

• Travel date: 12th July 2009

This isn't a review, get your reading glasses, it's a bloomin thesis. Holiday..Celebrate!

Reviewed 13th July 2009

"Phew just back home from Bizimtepe and need another holiday. 1st time in Turkey. Currency worked out at £4 to 10 Turkish Lira. The hotel is relatively small with about 26 studio apartments, I don't knowoooo (anyone get it? Ehran/Hussein?) if any were different from ours, but we had a twin room with air con, fridge and a separate toilet(which s relatively small). They're quite basic but very comfortable with bedding changed/rooms cleaned every 2nd day. I'm not the type to pay for a holiday and sit in a room 24 hours a day to complain it doesn't have a 50" plasma and for that matter, don't go to Turkey looking for a typically British Breakfast, I really enjoyed all the local food I ate and I'm a wee bit fussy. The room had all we needed for the week, Air Con as it's so damn hot, praise be to our false god that is air con. The pool is gorgeous and always warm and clean. The loungers are all very comfy, padded with massive cushions and have parasols for shade. It has an old pool bar that they should use again and I kept forgetting to say this to Ehran. But just wave you hand and the very attentive Hussein will bring you anything from the small restaurant area anyway. We booked this holiday very last minute and were just looking for a relaxed and very peaceful week in the sun, lounging by the pool, having a snack and a little beer. We got 2.5 out of these 6 pre-requisites (Dor took the 'very' out of 'very peaceful' haha) but, oh my god, are we glad. We met up with the best crowd of fellow holidaymakers you could ask for and it was a bit of a riot. So very friendly with everyone just wanting to smile. No-one knew each other and everyone insisted they usually kept to themselves while on holiday. So goodness only knows what is in the water at Bizimtepe. We all got on famously and I can honestly say this is one of my best ever holidays where we've gone as a couple. Whether it was a fluke or down to the water, I don't know, but I'd err on the side of the water which the staff lavished on us. At least every second night involved around 18 of us decamping to the roof terrace bar, joined by the staff for very late nights, I left my watch in my suitcase after the first night so that I didn't know what time we were partying to. The staff were of the highest calibre. We were not allowed to do anything for ourselves and nothing was ever too much trouble for their team and I'm gonna name-check them cos they're worth it...'Lady Boss', Grandpops, Jamal, Ehran (or was it Arran, haha), and the real worker Hussein, the lovely cleaner who kept it all clean, oh and not forgetting chef Atti ('the Hun' as in Attila not Glasgow Rangers Fans). These guys joined in our mad gangs' sense of fun at every opportunity and would put on Turkish music and dance for and with us. Wahey to Lady Boss for her 'Shakira' belly dance. These guys are so attentative. They will organise any trips for you which are cheaper than your rep or a ticket ofice in Bodrum or Tutgetreis (I've checked). Ask Jamal or Erhan for advice on anything and they'll keep you right (they speak great English). Now there is no entertainment in the hotel but they'll organise things for you (ask them to organise a Turkish Bath on you're second day as it'll help your tan). Our mad group of guests even got them to put on Karaoke, albeit Bryan Adams greatest hits (God I used to hate him until that night) but if you all get together and ask for it, ask them to go on YouTube and they'll be able to download any Karaoke song you want. Don't get me wrong, we were by no means a group of Karaoke lovers but what a night this turned out to be, even Lady Boss's 11 year old niece got up and sang Rhianna from her I-Phone, totally sublime, like this holiday. Be very aware, Bizimtepe is in a very small town called Karaincer (Kar-ainjer) with a small beach 5 minutes away (tell Ehran or Jamal before you go and they'll advise on which part to go to) and this beach is the one that all the local Turks go to (meaning it's the best), 40 minutes on the wee Dolmus bus (just wave bus down outside Bizimtepe and it costs between a pound and 2 each way) to Bodrum and 20 minutes to Tugetreis for nightlife. The village has two wee supermarkets which are reasonably priced. Also be aware that you must pay £10 (make sure its an English tenner) to get into Turkey as soon as you get off the plane and show your passport. This is the cost of the Visa into Turkey and is not explained by Tour Operators and I only heard the day before I went. Also when you come home, avoid buying anything in the airport as it is mega-dear at £12 for a slice of pizza, chips and a juice. We even spoke to folk who were charged £12 for one beer (30 turkish Lira). We managed no problem to take 3 x 1 1.5 litre bottles of mineral water straight through and onto the plane. So I'd advise this and if I go back I'd probably ask Jamal/Ehran to make up a wee picnic sandwich for each of us to take to the airport and onto the plane and go buy some juice from the supermarket before I leave. In essence, 10 out of 10 for holiday due to the staff and fellow holidaymakers, 8 out of ten for accomodation (remember this is not 5 star and you really do get far more than you pay for, think about how much the flights alone cost for this holiday!!!). I'd highly recommend Hotel Bizimtepe for a holiday. If you don't like it at first, give it a day or two (it'll only be because the rooms are basic but re-read this for pointers and speak to the staff. Well done to all you staff and thank you for having us, thanks to all the friends we met, we loved it, you made us part of your family...Holiday...Celebrate. Will I go back? I DON'T KNOWOOOOO? Of course i will, In a MINUTE. :)"

• Travel date: 11th July 2009

Hotels near GloriaTibi Bizimtepe Akyarlar

Top traveller tips for GloriaTibi Bizimtepe Akyarlar

• by Gayle A

"take a travel kettle if you like a cupa asap"

• by Chappers12

"Join in with the other guests "

• by dissapointed

"take a pack o cards nothing to do of night"

• by alex

" Homely"

• by normajones1

"Epesus was great except the journey and we had a great boat trip out on Thomas's from Turgutreis"

• by normajones1

"Never had time to get into Bodrum but Dolmus's were easy and well marked to anywhere"

• by Wendy Dixon

"The castle at Bodrum is well worth a visit - take your camera!"

• by billi65

"Loved the tours of Ephesus and Pummakale- but dont bother with a turkish bath, another rip off."

• by Zengs

"Cool Breeze in Turgetreis, Bizimtepe menu limited but high standard. yum."

• by Zengs

"beautiful, McDonalds, Fab Bakeries, rigidly ignore shopkeeprs unless you buy but haggle strongly!"

• by Simon Dawson

"Cant really reccomend any resturants as all the ones we went to were v good,Harbour is amazing"

• by Simon Dawson

"Busy lots to do and see"

• by klitwestwood

"superb food people and beaches"