Good
Good

How do I love thee, let me count the ways!

Reviewed Mon 7th of January 2013

"I hate to submit this review as I want to keep this a secret, in case it fills up in summer when I need it most! No.38 in Valencia?, oh no, no.1 for me on any scale, but especially value for money (103 Euros). I have been coming to Valencia for some years, and the Novotel was my favourite, but it seems to always be full, so found this at very short notice on Hotels.com, checked the TripAdvisor reviews (only 2) and got in..boy am I happy, this will be my first choice in future.
Quick bullet points of love reasons (not in order):
24 hour room service..excellent quality..clean..minimalist decor , clean lines..big screen TV (only 1 news channel in English, but hey)..strong wi-fi, oh yes and it's free!..right opposite El Corte Ingles and Aqua shopping centres..close to docks (where I work)..close to Arts and Sciences..you could walk, I'd take a taxi..nice bathroom (no tissues..shame)..great entrance and atrium..attractive girls at reception, but friendly even to fat over-50 years old!..underground car park..nearly empty while I was here..sadly I have to leave for home!
Didn't try the restaurant this time..hey, some of us have to work.. but sure looks inviting."

• Travel date: Sat 15th of March 2008

Great stay

Reviewed Tue 5th of February 2008

"Six of us stayed here for 3 nights in February and had a great time. The hotel is modern, spacious and a 5 minute walk to the remarkable Ciudad de las Artes y las Ciencias. Rooms were large and well appointed with a very comfortable bed. The spa downstairs is worth a visit if for no other reason than the 'spa circuit' which the hotel offers at a reduced rate for guests and essentially consists of 80 minutes of various water facilities from the heated pool to the aroma shower, sauna and ice bath. Definitely worth the 15 euros! There is a large shopping centre and a department store across the street if you're after a bit of retail therapy.

The location isn't brilliant for the city centre, but it is a short taxi journey or a bit of a walk, so easy to reach. Plus, there didn't seem to be many restaurants or bars in the immediate vicinity (it was in a largely commercial area), but it was very easy to get around.

All in all, a very nice stay and definitely recommended."

• Travel date: Tue 5th of February 2008