About Hotel Melia Valencia

• smoking rooms available
  • butler service

Hilton Heights

Reviewed Sat 19th of January 2013

"Just back today from Hilton Valencia having stayed five nights, as said by other reviewers, the hotel is just near the city congress centre and a little out of the central town - but not far and not a problem. Hotel is two minutes from metro, Beniferri, change at Angel Aguimara and get off at Colon for the old town. For a shopping area for clothes and shoes, head for Turia metro, two stops from Beniferri. There is a Zara, Benetton etc.
The Hilton is one of the best I have stayed in. It is the tallest building in Valencia and gives each room a spectacular view. We were on the 26th floor in a beautiful twin room with lavish bathroom and luxurious fittings - loved it. Reception will sort a change of pillows if feathers etc don't suit. Towelling robe and slippers are a nice touch. Careful of the minibar ! I removed cans to chill my own cans but each item removed is automatically charged to the room. When I realised, explained to reception and items removed from bill. Housekeeping will empty the fridge for your own personal use. There is a Consum supermarket just on the left near the metro. Breakfast was usual good quality Hilton fare, but not as good as Hilton Paris Eiffel Tower. Not on open offer are divine waffles and pancakes but you have to ask for them and they are included in the price. Staff are courteous and friendly without being in your face.
Tour bus is worth the trip and the money. Head for metro Neptu at the end of the east line, the beach is great, wide long and clean with lifeguards, loungers etc worth a few trips if you have time. Valencia is very hot at the moment, even for the Valencians ! Over 30 degrees each day. Comment by previous reviewer about rude Valencians in city centre was not my exprience. This a small but busy city, foreign tourists were in the minority, all mostly Spanish which enhanced our experience."

• Travel date: Sat 12th of July 2008

loved the staff

Reviewed Mon 14th of January 2013

"My friend and I stayed for 5 nights and it was really lovely hotel The staff were very attentive at all times everywhere in the Hotel especially Frank and all the concierge As previous reviews only thing its a bit outside the City.
Pity there is no Bar on the 28th or 29th floor as the view would be fantastic.,I believe there is a Excutive Lounge there .put who uses this . found Spanish people in shops and Restaurant in town very rude. Hope to go back to Hilton soon"

• Travel date: Sun 18th of May 2008

More than happy

Reviewed Thu 10th of January 2013

"Chose the hotel on price and value for money. Got a great bedroom with the best bathroom I have seen in a long while. Ok so its a chain but we were happy. Went for a drink down in the restaurant bar and found a good music being played on a piano.

Did have a problem with the room not being serviced til 6pm. Came back at 3pm to rest after walking in the centre to find it as we left it a 8am. When we asked reception for more coffee they said they couldnt help!!!

The hotel is out of the centre but there is a 62 and 63 bus stop right outside. One day we did walk into to town for the exercise. Nice local park close by where we went for picnic lunch. So really we just used the hotel for the room and didnt have any meals there."

• Travel date: Sat 29th of March 2008

Great hotel, location not for tourists

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"Great hotel, but not well located if you are a tourist. Also I was there for a Congress, and there are only 3 elevators for what is the tallest building in Valencia. Most of the time I took the service elevator!"

• Travel date: Tue 4th of December 2007

Excellent - stayed here on my wedding night!

Reviewed Wed 28th of November 2012

"My friend booked us a room after our wedding. We turned up at 6am (as are wedding's in Spain), so asked if we could check out later than normal.

They were so accomodating and said we could check out as late as we wanted, up to 6pm! Really top staff!

The heating in our room didn't seem to work and even though i called them, nothing seem to happen which vexed me at the time!

But all in all an excellent hotel. They even gave us a good corner room for more space.

Excellent rooms, suite (seperate bath/shower!), balcony, even lifts! It really is hard to find fault. Even just driving up to hotel you know your going to enjoy your stay.

The next day I filled out a review card and left it in the room. A few days later i was even emailed to thank me for filling it out and explaining the fault with the heating had now been fixed!! wow!"

• Travel date: Thu 15th of November 2007

Excellent Hilton Hotel

Reviewed Wed 5th of December 2012

"Hilton Valencia is less than 1 year old when I stayed here while attending a conference at the Palacio de Congresso, The hotel is just across the road from the conference venue so it was very convenient. The hotel is also 10 minutes walk from the metro station. The hotel is not in the city so you would have to travel by metro to town.

The rooms are excellent and spacious. Flat-screen TV, large bathrooms with shower and bathtub. I have absolutely nothing to complain about this hotel."

• Travel date: Mon 29th of October 2007

Nice hotel, ok location

Reviewed Wed 28th of November 2012

"My husband and I stayed at the Valencia Hilton for 2 nights at the end of August. We don't usually stay at the Hilton, as it's usually a bit out of our price range, but they were running a special and we were able to stay for only 62 Euros a night. The hotel was beautiful and still had that "new" smell to it. The staff were all extremely helpful and our standard room was beautiful. Our only complaint about the hotel is the location. It's located so far outside of the city center that you have to spend 20-30 minutes on the Metro to get into town. It was really only an inconvenience but for the price it was worth it for us. I definitely wouldn't stay here for full price though...it's too far away from everything."

• Travel date: Wed 12th of September 2007

Hotel fine but you're far from the action...

Reviewed Wed 7th of November 2012

"We stayed at the Hilton Valencia for five nights at the end of August. We are silver HHonors members and were allocated a standard room which was comfortable and nicely fitted out but unexceptional. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful and we enjoyed our stay. Things mostly work well although there are still silly irritations to iron out like inadequate milk supplies with the in-room tea and coffee etc.

The most important thing to know is that you are far from the centre here. Close by there is a tram to the city (20 minutes ride and then a ten minute walk) and this continues on to the beach (total time apx 40 mins from the hotel) and this we found the easiest way to travel. The walk from the hotel to the tram is not pleasant but it's safe enough. There is also a metro underground train station a little further away but the service is not very frequent outside peak times (trains every 15-20 mins) and it seemed we needed to change lines for most destinations which added more time.

The hotel is situated in a mixed business/residential district which is seeing lots of new construction. There are no restaurants within walking distance and only 1 or 2 coffee shops. The hotel restaurant serves a fantastic breakfast but dinner choices are limited and not very interesting.

If you're looking for a comfortable Hilton stay then this is fine, but if you're tourists visiting Valencia for the city or the beach be warned that you'll spend a lot of your time travelling."

• Travel date: Sat 1st of September 2007

hilton valencia for a great experience

Reviewed Wed 5th of December 2012

"my wife and i stayed at the Hilton Valencia for seven nights.
The property only opened in May and is obviously still new and trying to entice new customers to the premises.
As a gold card member we stayed on the executive floor with access to the executive lounge.
I can assure you that the staff throughout the whole hotel are friendly and passionate about their hotel and Valencia.
Nothing is too much trouble for them.
The new pool and spa facilities are now open and are excellent
The Hotel, although being on the outskirts of Valencia, has easy access to all the major amenities whether by taxi,metro or tram.
Food was excellent and the rooms are spacious and well equiped.
My wife especially liked the bathroom and all its facilities.
So try the new Hilton we believe you will not be dissapointed with your stay."

• Travel date: Wed 1st of August 2007

Hilton hospitality gets better & better

Reviewed Wed 7th of November 2012

"We visited the Hilton Valencia for two nights, Friday & Saturday 13th/14th July. As Diamond HHonors members we were upgraded to the Executive floors with access to the Executive lounge. The hotel is brand new and is on the outskirts of Valencia, five minutes walk from a metro station to the city centre or a tram station to the sea and marina.

Amazing value for money, this hotel has some good offers at the moment. Food was first class, attention to detail impeccable and the staff efficient, friendly and welcoming. We visit a lot of Hiltons and the welcome was the best we've ever had, the Executive lounge manager taking great pains to tell us about local transport and places and restaurants to visit.

The room was large and clean, we especially liked the separate bath and shower in the bathroom.

We will visit again."