This hotel is now closed.

Ayre Hotel Astoria Palace

Hotels near Ayre Hotel Astoria Palace

About Ayre Hotel Astoria Palace

Perfect hotel

Reviewed 16th November 2012

"A perfect, quiet hotel. Excellent location. Impeckable service. Excellent breakfast buffet with everything you could ever imagine. We had a room without a view but from experience I prefer that since I´m a light sleeper. I really recommend this hotel, the staff didn´t speak much English but they were always helpful and the room was spotless. I really recommend this hotel."

• Travel date: 9th May 2007

Perfectly located for a quiet stay

Reviewed 28th November 2012

"I stayed at this hotel for 5 days with my b/f from 13-17 April. If you're arriving from Manises airport, go upstairs after exiting Arrivals and you can catch the Aerobus into the city. The fare is €2.50 and takes 25-30 minutes depending on traffic. You'll be dropped off at the back of the main train station and if you go walk up C/ Bailen (the road on your left after you get off the bus) you'll get to the front of the station and can easily navigate yourself from there. Walk straight up towards the Plaza Ayumntamiento and the hotel is just two streets away. The walk is only about 12 minutes so very quick. Otherwise you could get a taxi and I'm sure it wouldn't be more than 5 euros. Checking in was very quick. Our room was located on the fourth floor. It was a very quiet room that did not face the outside street (so unfortunately not an interesting view, but we were fine with that.). The room had complimentary water, in-room safe, tv, hairdryer and also an excellent air conditioning facility. The water pressure of the shower was also very good and although the hairdryer was not very powerful it did come in handy. You were also provided with the largest quality towels I have ever experienced in any hotel! The Jacuzzi on the 9th floor was ok but a little too warm so our stay in there was quite brief. I would suggest for other visitors to the hotel to visit the Business centre on the 3rd floor. There is access to free internet and printing facilities from a computer in the corner and free refreshments were also available here i.e. small bottles of fruit juice, water, tea, coffee and biscuits. Visit the bakery across the road from the hotel for breakfast. It is cheap and the quality is v. good. You are a very short walk away from Plaza de la Reine which has some good restaurants located in and around it. Check out 'Cerveceria 100 Montaditos' on Plaza de la Reine - 100 fantastic tapas at only €1 each. You just sit at a table tick off the tapas from a list provided, pay at the bar and when it's ready they call you to collect it from the front. My b/f and I shared five as a snack and they were very filling - like mini baguettes. 'Sagardi' a spanish tapas bar is also worth a try too, it was the first place we went to and found the tapas really good (you'll be sure to walk past it if you're on your way to the Plaze de la Reine!) If there are particular places you want to eat at, I would recommend that you make reservations, as most seemed to be full when we walked in without a reservation. Ask at the information desk of the hotel and they are more than happy to make a reservation on your behalf. If you want to purchase football tickets to see Valencia, head to the club shop. There is one located about five minutes from the hotel along C/ Pintor Sorolla. We managed to watch the Valencia Vs Seville game and the atmosphere was brilliant. You can reach the stadium on foot too - only a 20min walk from the hotel or you can catch bus 10 from Plaza Ayuntamiento to the stadium. If you want to visit the beach you can get a number of buses from Plaza Ayuntamiento. We got bus 32 and it took about 20mins. (Pick up a bus/metro map from the Tourist office either at the airport, main railway station, or there is a shop around the corner from the hotel). The fares on the bus are €1.15. The Tourist bus is also a good way of seeing the city. It's €12 and the ticket is valid for 24hours. It stops at the City of Arts and Sciences and the shopping mall opposite has a huge supermarket if you need to get any bits and pieces. Overall I enjoyed my stay at the hotel. Although the room itself in some ways lacked character from other hotels I've stayed at, the price of a double room of €90pn was reasonable and the location was spot on. If you want a comfy bed to rest your head in a great location I would definitely recommend this hotel to you."

• Travel date: 18th April 2007

Astoria Palace great place to stay!

Reviewed 6th December 2012

"We stayed in the Astoria Palace Mar. 1-3, 2007. I really liked the location, just off the Plaza de Ayuntamiento. The reception area was very nice and the rooms were good. I found the beds to be hard, but we stayed at other hotels in Spain and found them to be the same and I am used to a pillow top bed. I don't really have any complaints at all about this hotel. I found the staff to be very helpful and they all spoke enough english to answer questions. I would definately stay here again! And I loved Valencia---that goes without saying. We left before Las Fallas which I am happy and sad about!! I can't imagine all the people in that city during Fallas, but would have loved to be there on the last day when they burn everything. Would have been awesome--hate to have missed that, but the city of Valencia I found to be quite charming. We walked absolutely everywhere we wanted to go and it wasn't that far! One day I even walked to the city of arts and sciences and it was about 30min and a nice walk. We went to the beach one day and it was windy, but very nice! Loved shopping and seeing the sights. Would go back again one day."

• Travel date: 23rd March 2007

Perfect stay

Reviewed 26th November 2012

"hotel is located in the historic center of the city, so very convenient for everything (museum visit , restaurant , ecc). The rooms are very large , very well equipped and very clean. Service is ok. A real correct choise."

• Travel date: 4th February 2007

A wonderful stay

Reviewed 20th October 2012

"A fantastic location - with a(paying) car park round the corner -within walking distance of all the great sights of this wonderful city. Nice big rooms, spotless clean and pleasantly furnished. First class breakfast . Helpful staff at reception . Everything was perfect and we look forward to going back there."

• Travel date: 1st January 2007

Great Hotel & Location

Reviewed 26th November 2012

"This hotel is in a fantastic location - just a short walk/taxi ride (less than €3) from the main train station. Although only there for 2 nights on a room only basis, we couldn't find a fault with anything - the rooms were a good size, the staff all friendly & helpful and we even ended up with an albeit small balcony. Would definitely stay there again."

• Travel date: 18th July 2006

Good hotel, great location

Reviewed 15th October 2012

"Stayed for 5 nights. Large, very clean room, comfortable beds, great breakfast Location was perfect-right near city centre most attractions in historic centre within easy walking distance Staff were helpful-would stay here again"

• Travel date: 6th June 2006

Perfect Hoel

Reviewed 16th November 2012

"Myself and a friend have just returned from Valencia and we stayed in this hotel. It was absolutely perfect. The location is great . Very central and away from the traffic and a lovely walk to and from. We did not use the facilites i.e pool, restaurant etc, we were room only. Our hotel room was big and the bathroom was very big. The room was a little dark as the window was around a corner but this suited us for the morning time. The staff were all very friendly and they had very good english which is great as the Spanish people in Valencia have poor english. Valencia is a beautiful City , with lots to see but my advice is bring comfortable shoes as you will do a lot of walking and its hard on the feet."

• Travel date: 30th May 2006

Spoilt by a few fixable problems

Reviewed 6th December 2012

"When we arrived at the Astoria Palace we were very pleased with the location and the friendliness of the reception staff. There were several staff on the reception desk who spoke English well enough to answer all of our questions about Valencia. Our room was very large with very high ceiling and very well furnished. The bathroom was also large and beautifully fitted. On the negative side, there was a throbbing humming noise which ran 24 hours per day which was probably a central hotel air conditioning system. This could be heard as background noise even when the television was on, but during the night when it was quiet, the noise was inescapeable and intensly annoying. The standard price for a buffet breakfast was 12.50 Euros. There was a very good buffet, but you payed the standard price even if you only wanted a roll and some coffee. We were charged for four breakfasts even though we only had one, but the receptionist was happy to correct this error. We thought that the food in the restaurant was pretentious rather than good and it was quite expensive. A bottle of water from the room mini-bar was 2 Euros. A similar bottle could be bought in the nearby market for 0.15 Euros. I am well aware that mini-bars are expensive, but a mark-up of 1,333% seems a trifle excessive. On first sight this hotel looked excellent, but given our experience we would not stay there again."

• Travel date: 31st March 2006

Great Hotel

Reviewed 28th November 2012

"Me and my fiance stayed at this Hotel for three nights. I found that it was in a great location with just a few paces away from the centre of the historical city. I checked this website for the reviews before I went and after staying at the hotel i feel that the reviews are a little harsh. The Room was very nice, spacious and clean. The staff were friendly and helpful. Overall it was a great hotel."

• Travel date: 9th March 2006