Monte Carmelo Hotel

Calle Virgen de La Victoria 7, 41011 Seville Spain

Good hotel

Reviewed Thu 1st of November 2012

"We stayed at this hotel a couple of years ago and enjoyed it immensely.

We stayed at this hotel in July. After booking a different hotel and deciding we couldn't stay there another night we popped into this hotel and booked in for the remainder of our stay.

The hotel is in the Triana area which is across the river. We did not find this a problem as it was only a 10/15 minute work to the main tourist sites and the prices tended to be a bit cheaper.

This hotel is very clean and the staff are very friendly. It represents good value for money."

• Travel date: Sun 22nd of July 2007

Nice hotel, good location

Reviewed Fri 7th of December 2012

"We stayed in june two nights at Monte Carmelo. The location of the hotel is very good - on the other side of the river from the major tourist attractions, however they were at walking distance and close to the lively neighbourhood of Triana.

We chose the hotel mainly because of the location as we were travelling by car but the whole experience was very good.

The hotel staff was very nice and helpful and all that we met spoke english.

There was wireless internet access for free for the customers. For those without a laptop there was also a desktop computer with internet access in the lobby for 3 euros per hour.

The room was a bit dark - partly because we kept the shutters closed to keep the room cooler. The air conditioning was ok too, but we did not even need it all the time.

If you drive yourself the hotel is easiest to find with the map on the hotel's web site. We found it a little confusing that Calle Virgen de la Victoria is marked as Calle Turia on Google map and Viamichelin. You can park your car on the nearby streets for free on sundays and at night. The hotel has also a garage, it was 10 euros per night."

• Travel date: Thu 14th of June 2007

Loved the Montecarmelo

Reviewed Wed 19th of December 2012

"I booked a room at this hotel because of its location to my daughter's apartment. I was leary of staying here after reading the reviews, but I have to say it was a great hotel. The location is excellent, a 5 minute walk over the river to the center of town. The employees were friendly and helpful and always someone was available to speak English. There was a 24 hour doorman so I always felt safe. The rooms were spotless and the bathroom was huge. The breakfast each morning was fresh and the variety was great. Although trip advisor has this as a 2 star, it is a 3 star hotel and I would say it should be an upper 3 star. If I ever had to return to Sevilla I would definately stay here and I would advise it to any one else."

• Travel date: Wed 12th of July 2006

Very poor

Reviewed Wed 17th of October 2012

"Although the hotel was clean and comfortable, the staff were very rude and unapproachable. The location was ok, but the rooms were dark and very unwelcoming. The aircon struggled to cool the room down and was very noisey. The hotel shut down from 1 -5 and it was not even possible to get a cup of coffee or a cold drink, except from the mini bar. Would not return!!!"

• Travel date: Sun 11th of June 2006

Lovley Hotel

Reviewed Sun 16th of December 2012

"We stayed at this Hotel for 3 nights in May, the Hotel is down a side steet therefore nice and quiet at night. It was a 15 min. walk over the bridge to the Cathedral. Pleanty of shops and restaurants in the area.. The breakfast was very good, with plenty of choice. Staff helpful and friendly. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Sheets and towels changed daily.A good typical Spanish City Hotel. Would stay here again."

• Travel date: Fri 2nd of June 2006

Nice hotel in good location

Reviewed Thu 1st of November 2012

"A nice, clean hotel in a good area, only 10 minutes pretty walk from the major attractions.

Our room was really spacious - even with 3 beds in (we booked a triple) and the bathroom was a good size, with a good shower and very clean.

It's about a ten minute walk to Alcazar etc. but it is a pretty walk along the river front. The area (Triana) the hotel is in is really nice too - some of the good bars and restaurants are reviewed on the forums here and are worth looking at.

All in all a good hotel in a stunning city. I would definetely consider returning to the Monte Carmelo when I return."

• Travel date: Wed 9th of November 2005

Huge, modern rooms in a quiet neighborhood

Reviewed Wed 31st of October 2012

"We stayed at the Monte Carmelo for 3 nights in October. We got an incredibly good deal by booking online and paying at the time of booking, and were able to book two rooms for the three of us. The rooms were very modern, and HUGE, as were the bathrooms. The hotel was very clean and quiet, and when there was a problem with the lobby online access, the staff refunded our money (a euro or so for an hour of access) without our even asking that they do so. We didn't eat at the hotel during our stay, and after reading some of the reviews, I'm sorry we didn't--it sounds like we missed a feast for breakfast!
The hotel is located on the west side of town, across the river from the cathedral and Alcazar in an unpicturesque but quiet commercial neighborhood. The center of town was about a 20-minute walk from our hotel.
Most of the staff speak a little English--very little.
My only complaint was that when I checked in, I made sure to check with the front desk that their information was that I had already paid for the room. They agreed that that was their understanding, BUT at checkout time, one of the receptionists, who spoke little English, presented me with a bill -- and she was one of the people there when we checked in! Luckily, another worker stepped in after a minute or so, and said, "No, it's paid for. You're fine!" That would've been difficult to work through, between my little Spanish and her little English."

• Travel date: Thu 13th of October 2005

Modern, Comfortable Hotel

Reviewed Fri 7th of December 2012

"This hotel is located near the Triana district with its bars and resturants, about 15 mins to the catedral/centre - so it is well located. The service and room were both excellent. My room (a twin) was very spacious and smart in appearance. Staff were helpful and friendly. The breakfast had a good varied selection of hot/cold food and good coffee. I would say this is a three star superior, compared to other hotels I've stayed in. I'd reccommend this hotel."

• Travel date: Sun 17th of July 2005

Great Location--Great breakfast

Reviewed Sun 16th of December 2012

"The hotel was an excellent choice for us--two blocks from our daughter's apartment (she's studying in Sevilla for a semester), and very convenient for shopping and seeing all of the tourist sites: Alcazar, the Cathedral, and Flamenco. Its staff were very helpful, and recommended an excellent restaurant around the corner--La Montanera--great food and a wonderful staff at reasonable prices. Speaking of food, the breakfasts at Montecarmelo were first class. There was a full selection from fresh fruit and yogurt to eggs, an assortment of Spanish cold cuts, and my personal favorite: sauteed mushroms with bits of real bacon mixed in. Also, there was a wide range of freshly baked bread and rolls to complement the meal. I highly recommend the hotel."

• Travel date: Sat 29th of March 2003

Hotels near Monte Carmelo Hotel

Stayed at Monte Carmelo Hotel? Share your insight.

Monte Carmelo Hotel is also called