Melia Sevilla

Dr Pedro de Castro 1, 41004 Seville Spain

I loved Melia Sevilla

"My daughter and I stayed at the Melia Sevilla on October and both were very pleased and would stayed more time there.
We were received with extreme courtesy and everyboody was very nice.
I had booked a double standard room but for a 10 Euro plus were upgraded to a superior.
The room was huge, with very confortable beds (I have back pain problems, so this is the most important "detail" for me), a wonderful view, specially the sunsets.
Everything was spotless.
The bathroom is big, confortable and beautiful, with a good selection of toileteries.
There´s a free and cozy business center in the lobby.
As I have Mas Card (the Melia card) we had 2x1 buffet breakfast, that´s great. After that breakfast, you can skip the lunch.
The hotel has a swimming pool, but we didn´t use it.
The cafeteria is very good with reasonable prices. We ate there one night. The staff is as nice as in the front desk, always with a smile.
We had the newspaper at the door every morning.
The hotel isn´t located at the center but two blocks from beautiful Plaza España. It´s easy to reach the center and, if you don´t want to walk, the taxis are cheap.
Of course, in my next visit to Sevilla I´ll return to Melia Sevilla!"

• Travel date: Mon 14th of November 2005

Nice rooms but ok staff

"Location
--------

The hotel is not smack downtown, but Seville isn't huge and everything is walkable from the hotel. It is about 10-15 minutes walk to the cathedral. Around the hotel is mainly residential with a couple of nice parks next door.

Check in
--------

My reservation details were all there. However, there was no "welcome to the hotel" or any conversation in general. I may have just been very unlucky with the person who checked us in. However, like a lot of people we encountered in our stay in Seville, it was more service with lack of interest, than service with a smile. I am always worried at hotels (and I travel a lot) when (a) they don't confirm the rate and (b) they don't confirm the type of room you are getting. I had to double check both of these with them to make sure.

The room
--------

Following the advice of some of the people on the site, I went for the superior room. We were in room 201 which had a 20ft by 20ft terrace off the room which faced south. Very nice, apart from the rather sad table and plastic chairs sitting looking lost in the middle of the terrace. It looks like some of the rooms on the 2nd floor all had terraces. Downside of the terrace was that the pigeons seemed to be using it as target practice if you know what I mean!

I was a bit worried when I saw that the room was next to the lifts. However, there was no noise at all from the lifts in the room.

The room was bright and clean, although a bit dated in decor. There was a minibar which had a light in it which illuminated the whole room at night time. In the end I had to put the chair in front of it along with a couple of dark coloured clothes to block the light out to get some sleep.

TV and internet access
----------------------------

The TV had a great mix of Spanish, French and German TV which is wonderful if you are from those countries. For us English speakers it was Fox News and the BBC. The BBC channel had a very poor picture quality compared to the others.

There was internet access (not wireless) in the room. However, I couldn't not get it to work with my pc.

The bed and bathroom
--------------------

Bed was very comfortable, although not of the same standard as, say the beds at the Westin or the Sheraton.

The bed was actually two twins together, which was great for me (I was sharing with my sister) but might not be for everyone's taste.

The bathroom was again clean and seemed relatively new. There was a selection of shampoos and shower gel and soap.

The shower was nice and powerful and easy to get the water temparture right. It also had a glass panel at the side of the bath, so no worrying about the shower curtain creeping all over the place when you turn the shower on.

Other hotel amenities
---------------------

I was at a conference elsewhere in the City, so didn't use the bar/restaurant or other facilities in the hotel so can't comment on those.

Overall
-------

The room was clean and comfortable, and the staff that we did deal with, at best indifferent. Having said that, indifferent service seemed to sum up Seville in general. The city was pleasant and nice, however, people, especially in shops and restuarants, did not seem to smile or be interested in their customers. Even when we were with native Spanish speakers it didn't seem to make any difference.

And as for the flies......if you don't like these creatures avoid Seville. They were everywhere....except the hotel!

I'd stay at the hotel again, although I wouldn't rave about it."

• Travel date: Sun 13th of November 2005

Great Hotel

"My Mom and I stayed here as part of a 5 week trip of Europe and we loved it from the moment we set foot in the place. Compared to the places we’d previously been staying in this was a dream. The lobby is large, airy and very tastefully furnished. The front desk are so friendly and helpful, including helping us book tickets to a wonderful flamenco show. The rooms were large, clean and modern and mom adored the pool. She spent every afternoon there and didn’t want to leave the hotel. The breakfast was good but worth the price only if you get the 2 for one deal which you get by signing up as a Melia rewards member. We stayed mainly in Melia hotels while touring Spain as they had such great online deals. We were in walking distance to everything we wanted to see and I’d stay here again in a second. One of my favourite hotels in Spain."

• Travel date: Tue 18th of October 2005

Good standards

Good

"I found the hotel to have good standards: rooms clean, staff were very courteous and there was a good selection of food at the breakfast bar. The pool was clean and most of the time deserted.

One drawback was that it was in a fairly quiet location which seem to suit most of the business clintele. It was about a 15 minute walk to the main areas of Seville, however the walk was very scenic."

• Travel date: Sun 16th of October 2005

The Melia Sevilla was Fab!

Good

"Hi Myself and 10 other have all just returned from a 3 day break in Seville staying at the Melia Sevilla. We were all well impressed with it. The whole building from foyer to lifts is decked out in marble and the staff were all very friendly, my friends and I became friendly with the Security Guard - who we think never sleeps - he was always on hand to help us with hotel enquiries or just for city information. The pool was always kept spotlessly clean and you alway seen someone out cleaning the hotel. The only thing I would fault is the bar service. It was very slow as the staff had to serve meals as well as serve all the thirsty punters. I wouldn't say that was the staffs fault - it appeared they were understaffed, but thats just something really trivial. Overall I would highly recommend the Melia Sevilla to anyone of any age and would definitely go back... if you want to know any more please e-mail me.... Jillian"

• Travel date: Sun 25th of May 2003

Hotels near Melia Sevilla

Stayed at Melia Sevilla? Share your insight.

Melia Sevilla is also called