Loved it!

Reviewed Tue 23rd of October 2012

"The hotel couldn't have been in a better location. It's in the center of everything; a few minutes walk from the cathedral/giralda bell tower & alcazar...close to many great tapas bars (check out Las Teresas). It was right next door to a flamenco place, but wasn't sure if they were just giving performances or lessons also. The hotel is also close to Los Gallos, an excellent flamenco place. The receptionist was extremely helpful, and the rooms were kept super clean and included some amenities (shower caps. shower sponges, soap, etc.). The breakfast was an extra 5 euros, but it was really good (great coffee, ham, cheese, bread, muffins). With the Rick Steves 2006 guide, we received a 10% discount. I would definitely stay here again!"

• Travel date: Sun 24th of September 2006

Great Stay

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"This was our third stay at the Alcantara, but this is my first review! The hotel is clean, the staff are fantastic and will help you with whatever you may require for tours etc of seville. Breakfast is also good, ham, cheese, bread, yoghurt etc. The rooms are a extremely clean, a decent size, towels, bedding changed daily, constant supply of hot water. 2 mins walk from the cathedral endless supply of tapas bars and in the heart of barrio santa cruz, what else can you ask for!"

• Travel date: Mon 28th of August 2006

Well worth it!

Reviewed Sat 27th of October 2012

"Excellent location, clean and quiet rooms, well airconditioned... what else can you ask for. The cathedral and all major sights are just 3 minutes away. Lots of restaurants and tapas bar near by as well. Don't miss calle Mateos Gago. For a 2 star hotel, this is definitely well worth it!"

• Travel date: Sun 20th of August 2006

Very nice stay at the Alcantara!

Reviewed Wed 21st of November 2012

"Stayed at the Hotel Alcantara after not having a reservation (which I thought I made) at the Hotel Puerta de Silva. This was the best thing that could have happened, as the receptionist directed us to the Alcantara. The staff at the hotel were very nice, and allowed us to see the room before we moved into it. The twin bedded room facing out to the courtyard was spacious, and as others have stated nice roomy bathrooms and WORKING air conditioning all day long. The hotel is about a 10-minute walk to the cathedral and the Real Alcazar, and it is in a very nice location around the corner from the noisy square. The rooms are quiet for the most part, although you can hear water running through the pipes. If you are a light sleeper, earplugs will shut that out quickly. The staffs are very helpful with bookings to flamenco shows, ect. Breakfast was nice and worth the 5 Eu for the value. No Internet access, but there is a small internet cafe around the corner which was very convenient. The only complaint I would have is that the twin beds are a little uncomfortable, but overall I would definitely stay here again and recommend the hotel strongly."

• Travel date: Fri 7th of July 2006

FANTASTIC ALL ROUND

Reviewed Wed 21st of November 2012

"I have just returned from a 4 night stay at the charming Hotel Alcantara with my son (as an 18th birthday present) and can't recommend it highly enough. It's in the Santa Cruz area of Seville...within minutes walk from the Cathedral, the Alcazar palace and all the magical cobbled streets lined with wonderful tapas bars/restaurants. Our twin room with bath was simple and immaculately clean - so was the small bathroom which was finished with marble and tiles and excellent plumbing (no shortage of hot water etc.) The staff were charming and helpful. There's a delightful courtyard to have breakfast...the breakfast buffet is pretty basic but at 5 euros it's fine. Excellent value for money and I would definitely return again."

• Travel date: Mon 3rd of July 2006

Stunning all round

Reviewed Thu 29th of November 2012

"Me and a friend just came back today from 3 nights at the Alcantra. The reviews we read on Trip Advisor helped us pick it. Couldnt agree more with the good reviews. We took that 6.15 flight from London and arrived at Alcantra at 11am. Even though we were so early our rooms were ready which was great as we couild have a shower and get ready. Rooms had air conditioning and comfy beds - we were in single rooms. Very clean. Staff excellent - spoke very good English. My tip is to ask them to book things for you which they are more than happy to do for you. Their recommendation of a flamenco show round the corner at Los Gallos was great and they booked our boat ride for us and a taxi to airport as well. Location couldnt be better in atmospheric streets of Santa Cruz. Streets so narrow cars cant drive down. I would recommend La Hostellria de Laurel round corner - very good value - we had soup, steak and wine and brandy for 30 Euros each approx. All under orange trees. Bullfights are on Sundays we went was very interesting if a little gory. Another tip is to take the 10pm boat trip as is last one and at sunset - they have excellent entertainment and loads of sangria thrown in. LOVED IT ! Perfect weekend - great hotel, everything about 20 - 30 mins gentle walk, loads to do but also was able to have daily siesta and fab restaurants / tapas bars !!!!"

• Travel date: Sun 11th of June 2006

peaceful in the middle of lively area

Reviewed Thu 29th of November 2012

"Alcantara is central, in an amazing part of Seville, endless maze of narrow streets with beautiful buildings with wrought iron balconies. Do not forget to bring a good street map with you. The Alcantara Hotel rooms face an inside patio, keeping the rooms cool and quiet. The rooms have good, adequate clean furnishings. Filling buffet breakfasts and friendly staff. For meals go a few streets further away from the cathedral to San Jose area, Bar-Cafe Levies, Calle San Jose. Fantastic food, far, far cheaper than the usual recommended cafes and tapas bars in this part of town. Their fried potatoes with garlic mayonnaise are to die for, and their dishes with orange, or sweet pepper or pepper sauce are supreme. Less tourists, and some interesting shops in this area."

• Travel date: Mon 15th of May 2006

Go to Seville!

Reviewed Thu 13th of December 2012

"We visited Seville at the beginning of Feb. The springlike weather was great for exploring this historic city. The old town with all the orange and lemon trees and hidden tapas bars were a real treat.
The hotel itself is no frills clean and comfortable with really helpful staff. Just what you need when you want to explore and need a place to rest your head.
I'd recommend Bar Giralda for tapas - delicious!
The tourist bus is a good way of getting your bearings before setting out to explore."

• Travel date: Thu 4th of May 2006

Good hotel in the centre of town

Reviewed Fri 26th of October 2012

"This is a hotel that was better than I expected so I guess it depends on your expectations! The staff are really helpful and this simple hotel is the middle of the city - really close to the Alcazar and the Cathedral. Room was nice and simple, quite spacious and airy feel - has phone & tv. We paid alot because of the Feria but otherwise I think the rates would normally be quite reasonable. Bathroom is reasonable size and clean. Location is the best thing about it. It is attached to/right next to the Casa Al Andalus which has flamenco shows - great value at EUR12 compared with alot of others which hit EUR27 mark & up. Definitely recommend. Would stay here again."

• Travel date: Sun 30th of April 2006

Charming Hotel in charming town

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"My daughter, who is studying in Sevilla, selected this hotel after walking around town with the Rick Steves travel book. She selected this one from his list. I think I love Sevilla more, since I stayed here. The people at the desk were very helpful and even stored my luggage for several days when we went away for the weekend. We enjoyed the breakfast at the hotel also. Unlimited coffee was really a treat :). We had planned on the flamenco show which is near the lobby but waited until the last minute to book it (mistake!). We were on the waiting list and DID get tickets for the night we wanted...so don't wait. The show was very good and there was no drink/food minimum which was nice. The room was very clean and the hotel was quiet. Again, I think this hotel is very charming and I highly recommend it!"

• Travel date: Sun 9th of April 2006

We flew to Malaga then got an air condit...

Reviewed Thu 30th of September 2004

"We flew to Malaga then got an air conditioned bus to Seville. The journey took two and a half hour was comfortable and scenic. Malaga bus station staff were helpful but some Spanish would have been saved time.

The hotel in Seville Alcantara is a small hotel, very modern in the Casa de ja memoria a historic house where we saw a Flamenco show. The hotel staff were very helpful and spoke excellent English and French. The rooms were spotless en suite and air conditioned (80 euros per night) the continental breakfast was in the courtyard and small foyer. For five euros it was fresh and very good value.

The hotel was near the bus station just across the road behind the Parc Murrillo. In a pedestrian street in the Jewish quarter - as good if not better than Barcelona!"

• Travel date: Thu 30th of September 2004