Barcelo Sevilla Renacimiento

Avda. Alvaro Alonso Barba, s/n | Isla de la Cartuja, 41092 Seville Spain

Good Hotel

Good

"Right.. If you like large hotels where you don't see many people and like your privacy well this hotel is for you. Its a grand hotel the rooms are very good and very large. It is about 5 mins out of town on other side of the river. It was obviously purpose built for the expo 92 confrence and that whole area surrounding the hotel was purpose built. The hotel has every facility you need a nice swimming pool, sauna, jacuzzi, spa, hairdressers fitness centre. I imagine the hotel in the expo 92 was busteling. Its a shame it wasn't busier. To get into town it was about 4euro's and there are taxi's outside 24 hours.

There is a place called Tiriana about 5 mins walk from the hotel, this place is gorgeous lots of small bars and tapas had a lovely atmosphere. The best way to see Seville is to get on the tour bus. A must is to go to the oldest Tapas Bar in Seville called El Rinconcillo opened in 1670 it is in Plaza de leon north of Santa Cruz its about 5 mins walk from Santa Cruz its lovely.

I only spent 2 days in Seville and the hotel for the price was fantastic and seville is a beautiful place."

• Travel date: Thu 18th of May 2006

big room

Good

"The hotel was very clean and the lobby was beautiful.
Our room was a very good size and very comfortable. But the only downside was that the hotel was far from any shops and restaurants. If you want to visit isla magica then its perfect because you can walk to it from the hotel."

• Travel date: Mon 17th of April 2006

Good Experience

"I stayed here for one night with my two sons and a group of their friends after spending the day in the Isla Magica theme park. The hotel was busy and buzzing. The rooms were excellent and all the facilities were good. The staff were friendly and helpful. I overheard several people getting good advice about where to go for the evening. The restaurant served excellent food, dinner and breakfast, voted the best of the holiday by my bunch of sixteen year olds! (All very discerning.) The price was very good, very little more than a travel lodge in England. The hotel's five stars was reflected in the quality of food and public areas but I would have rated the overall experience as being rather more a good four star one."

• Travel date: Thu 25th of August 2005

Best value for money in town!

Good

"Be warned- this hotel is a little bit out of town! though when me and my girlfriend wanted to head into town the taxis were no more than €5 or €6, so it's nothing really to complain about.

By the time we were staying in this hotel we had done most of our sight seeing anyway and from the heat and walking we were definetly ready to relax and enjoy ourselves and I couldn't have picked a better place to do that than this 5* hotel; The service was top notch, the rooms were huge and very clean. Couldn't figure out how to work the playstation in the room but why would anyone play a playstation on holiday!? The pool was good, definetly needed it with the heat outside especially during the summer months... Though the best bit about the hotel, I thought, is that it's literally right beside the theme park Isla Magica, which is amazing and a great place to spend an evening.

The breakfast buffet was brilliant apart from the price, but you got a massive selection of foods and drinks and you could never leave feeling hungry.

Overall, for the price I was very pleased and would definetly recommend it for a more relaxing stay in Seville."

• Travel date: Wed 29th of June 2005

Never again

"I stayed 2 nights in this hotel, for a weekend break with my girlfriend. Everything is miles away. I've seen bigger bath tubs. The staff didn't know much about anything, even though I talk fluent Spanish. Even asking them where to go to enjoy some night life, they would reply that they were not sure. To make matters even worse, my car got broken into right outside the hotel, and the hotel staff didn't even have the decency to ring up the police. The city might be beautiful, but the people in it let it down. I wouldn't go to Seville again even if my life depended on it."

• Travel date: Wed 9th of February 2005

Fear of heights!

"We stayed for a couple of nights with 2 small children and got 2 connecting double rooms which was very good, however, they were located on the 4th floor in atrium 3. I unfortunately am very afraid of heights so getting between the lift and the room was very uncomfortable for me but bareable. (I also noticed others who were sneaking along the walls there).
The first night I had incredible difficulties to fall asleep as I had all sorts of horror visions and like 'panic attacks'. As pacing back and fourth that night I discover that the windows of the rooms, they are these big floor-to-ceeling windows, you could open really easily (no lock), easy even for our 2-year old. Although you couldn't open them so much I am still certain that a child could get through! There was absolutely nothing but a 4 floor drop outside!
I have to say that that really put me off this hotel. This of course should not be blamed on the hotel as this all goes on in my self. -Well, apart from the window-thing. -Should they ask if the guest is afraid of heights? I don't know...
I would probably have gotten a new room if I would have asked and explained. Just wanted to tell this as I'm sure that there are other people like me that might want to book on a lower floor. Otherwise I have to say it was all in all a nice place to stay. Good breakfast, spacious everywhere even a bit deserted in some places as it was so big, ok pool and garden, but jacuzzi and sauna out of order. Not so much choice regarding childrens food for lunch which was a bit unexpected. Generally an ok service. Although it felt more like a 3 or 4 star hotel than 5 stars, all is feeling very dated, however, i guess the price reflects that too, €60/ night..."

• Travel date: Wed 12th of August 2009

This is a business hotel and good for no...

"This is a business hotel and good for nothing else. If you’re visiting Seville as a tourist don’t bother, it’s so far away from the centre, with nothing to do. You cannot get a real fee to Seville from here and it is such a fabulous city, not to be missed. The worst thing was that the staff are very unhelpful, I am used to 5* service in a 5* hotel, but this was appalling. We ordered a cab to the town centre via reception and was told it would take 10-15 minutes. 20mins later, still waiting I called and was told, by the same woman, that I could not order a taxi and would have to come down and wait out front. We were late for our dinner reservation. The pool doesn’t open until 11. There weren’t any towels when we went down. I could go on..."

• Travel date: Sun 31st of July 2005

Hotels near Barcelo Sevilla Renacimiento

Stayed at Barcelo Sevilla Renacimiento? Share your insight.

Barcelo Sevilla Renacimiento is also called